Did the messengers lie about Jesus coming in the first century?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not sure of all that you mean to include in that statement...but our current status is either dead in sin or "alive and remaining" (having been born again of the spirit of God) until the end--which is not the End whom is Christ, but the end of this world.

The end of this world comes in death friend.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you all for commenting.

and Lol @ Charlie.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is nothing here saying Jesus would return in the first century.

“The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach, until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen: to whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God: and, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me. For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence. When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judæa, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭1:1-11‬ ‭KJV‬‬
Acts 1:1-11 The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach, until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto th | King James Version (KJV) | Download The Bible App Now

Do you believe that Jesus would return to these people then in that age?

Back in the Old Testament day a priest had to come in to bring forth blood for their sins.

Jesus was ascended promised to come back, it would be a picture and type of how the Old Testament would work in the temple. The priest had to come back out to show that the offering was accepted.

Therefore either Jesus returned in that day in age or his blood was never accepted and He is still in the holy of holies waiting to come out, for thousands of years.

How does that make sense?

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
“The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach, until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen: to whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God: and, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me. For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence. When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judæa, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭1:1-11‬ ‭KJV‬‬
Acts 1:1-11 The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach, until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto th | King James Version (KJV) | Download The Bible App Now

Back in the Old Testament day a priest had to come in to bring forth blood for their sins.

Jesus was ascended promised to come back, it would be a picture and type of how the Old Testament would work in the temple. The priest had to come back out to show that the offering was accepted.

Therefore either Jesus returned in that day in age or his blood was never accepted and He is still in the holy of holies waiting to come out, for thousands of years.

the title of your OP shows that yet again you really don't understand what the Bible Teaches, and therefore have some wacky ideas!

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

How can he come out having entered once for all!

In contrast to the type, the Lord entered into "heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us" Hebrews 9:24 and clothed upon with divine nature, "he ever lives" - point being he wasn't clothed with divine nature previously! Did not pre-exist.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said he would return in a generation worth of time, it would be 70AD.

40 years after making the promise.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can he come out having entered once for all!

In contrast to the type, the Lord entered into "heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us" Hebrews 9:24 and clothed upon with divine nature, "he ever lives" - point being he wasn't clothed with divine nature previously! Did not pre-exist.

The high priest would come out of the temple to show the blood they offered to God was accepted and their sins were forgiven for another year. They would fast, and mourn during this time, and rejoice once they priest came back out.

Same thing would have happen to Jesus, coming back out of the clouds, in that day in age.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
TRUTH, not the RUBBISH you keep posting on here!

You are welcome to just put me on ignore then.

Cause I am not gonna change my own mind about what Jesus himself said about everything going down within a generation.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is nothing here saying Jesus would return in the first century.

No but there are Angels telling these people standing watching Jesus Christ, that he was gonna return in like manner, and there are other scriptures that prove that the people in that time and age were waiting, watching, seeking Him to come back to take them away from the wrath of GOd when it was poured out on the nation of Israel.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you read this scripture in awhile.

Was Jesus Christ lying to the Chief priest?

Think about it for a moment and look at what Jesus says to the man in verse 62
Mark 14
60So the high priest stood up before them and questioned Jesus, “Have You no answer? What are these men testifying against You?”61But Jesus remained silent and made no reply.

Again the high priest questioned Him, “Are You the Christ, the Son of the Blessed One?” 62“I am,” said Jesus, “and you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of Powerl and coming with the clouds of heaven.”m 63At this, the high priest tore his clothes and declared, “Why do we need any more witnesses? 64You have heard the blasphemy. What is your verdict?”

How can something this person was gonna see, be seen again 2000 years later

Reactions: ScottA