Did the messengers lie about Jesus coming in the first century?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you read the scripture I shared how Jesus Christ talked to the Chief Priest? @ByGraceThroughFaith

It is Mark 14:60-64, this is even more proof that Jesus Christ was gonna come back in that time, even before that generation passed away.

I understand that having that Jesus has already returned it can really effect the hope of some people, even their faith.

That is not the purpose of these threads, but to get people look and consider what scripture does say.

Most people are still waiting on Jesus to return of course but the whole narrative suggest otherwise, which Jesus would be coming in a generation of time, and they would see him come back down from the clouds to rescue the people who had looked, seek, and sought him out.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is always reason to Praise God, and to Praise the Lord Jesus Christ, because of them both we can have newness of life, through and by dying with Christ!

You have direct connection with God.
The wrath of God has already been poured out (so you do not have to go around judging and condemning people if that is something you may do).
You do not have works based salvation - because Jesus Christ already done the work for you, all you have to do is believe, and make the choice to grow in a relationship with God through prayer and supplications.
You are able to eat what you want, and enjoy drink.
You become the temple which God dwells in by the spirit.
You are able to live by heavenly means which means by the Holy Spirit that is given.
Prayer is always available.
being a believer you are part of a heavenly citizenship, with a family of believers on earth and in heaven.
Resurrection will happen for all people.
Judgement upon death.
Resurrection will be a spiritual body (though many disagree).
There seems to be something God himself has allowed which is to make a place for not only believers, but unbelievers in the heavenly realm.

Really awesome things God has done through christ reconciling the world of it's sin by and through the body of Christ on the cross.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No that is not gonna work.

1. when Jesus Christ Returns, there will be the Rapture, which has not taken place

2. At the Second Coming, the faithful dead in Jesus Christ will be resurrected, this has not happened

3. The Second Coming is the beginning of the Kingdom Reign of Jesus Christ, which has not happened

4. The early Church fathers speak of the Second Coming as future, in the 1st, 2nd centrures and after

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. when Jesus Christ Returns, there will be the Rapture, which has not taken place

2. At the Second Coming, the faithful dead in Jesus Christ will be resurrected, this has not happened

3. The Second Coming is the beginning of the Kingdom Reign of Jesus Christ, which has not happened

4. The early Church fathers speak of the Second Coming as future, in the 1st, 2nd centrures and after

You may believe these things, but I don't care about the early church fathers... and their traditions. I guess Jesus Christ just comes back all the time then, if it is 1st, 2nd, 3rd.

Do not get me wrong about this but I believe everyone when they die and are resurrected will see the Lord Jesus Christ as the Lord God Almighty.

WHERE is Jesus Christ???

Is He is hiding?

His Spirit lives within believers, he is also the High priest, but he is also on the throne with his Father, as the Lord God Almighty.

When destruction of Israel and Gods wrath was poured out on them, I believe those 144,000 small group of people were retrieved and changed in the twinkling of the eye, as they were under great persecution and tribulation. He promised to come back and get his bride, and he did.

I believe it by faith - Because I don't have proof of anything or anyone writing out "Jesus came bacK"

So it all on faith for me Hebrews 11:1-2

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You may believe these things, but I don't care about the early church fathers... and their traditions. I guess Jesus Christ just comes back all the time then, if it is 1st, 2nd, 3rd.

Do not get me wrong about this but I believe everyone when they die and are resurrected will see the Lord Jesus Christ as the Lord God Almighty.

His Spirit lives within believers, he is also the High priest, but he is also on the throne with his Father, as the Lord God Almighty.

When destruction of Israel and Gods wrath was poured out on them, I believe those 144,000 small group of people were retrieved and changed in the twinkling of the eye, as they were under great persecution and tribulation. He promised to come back and get his bride, and he did.

I believe it by faith - Because I don't have proof of anything or anyone writing out "Jesus came bacK"

So it all on faith for me Hebrews 11:1-2

UNBIBLICAL RUBBISH

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can explain but you can't understand

Oh sure, just explain your view of what you believe is gonna happen when Jesus Christ returns now today in this age here. That does seems to be what you believe is gonna happen anyway, due to my view being unbiblical rubbish.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's look at another scripture that Jesus promised to return when he was talking to his disciples.

Matthew 10:23
New International Version

23 When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another. Truly I tell you, you will not finish going through the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

You will not finish going through the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

What does that mean to you?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach, until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen: to whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God: and, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me. For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence. When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judæa, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭1:1-11‬ ‭KJV‬‬
Acts 1:1-11 The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach, until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto th | King James Version (KJV) | Download The Bible App Now

Do you believe that Jesus would return to these people then in that age?

Back in the Old Testament day a priest had to come in to bring forth blood for their sins.

Jesus was ascended promised to come back, it would be a picture and type of how the Old Testament would work in the temple. The priest had to come back out to show that the offering was accepted.

Therefore either Jesus returned in that day in age or his blood was never accepted and He is still in the holy of holies waiting to come out, for thousands of years.

How does that make sense?

I believe He came, and in fact right on time as prophesied. It is almost hard to believe that some people believe Jesus was a farce. Could you imagine what it would have taken to pull something like that off Matt? Heck, the world's very calendar is based on his existence.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is HOW not WHEN.

From what is understood while Jesus was alive, he told his disciples he would be coming back with-in a generation, and they would not get to all the towns of Israel before the Son of Man returned.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe He came, and in fact right on time as prophesied. It is almost hard to believe that some people believe Jesus was a farce. Could you imagine what it would have taken to pull something like that off Matt? Heck, the world's very calendar is based on his existence.

Okay thank you for sharing your thoughts Robert.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

WHERE is Jesus Christ???

Is He is hiding?
Those are religious teachings of men, which as Peter indicated would be infiltrated by false teachers. There is a biblical explanation for each one of them.

But your last comment ("WHERE is Jesus Christ??? Is He is hiding?") reveals the problem. And you are not alone--most believe the same things. Let's start here:

John 3:8
The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.
Is Jesus not born of the Spirit? (Rhetorical)

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From what is understood while Jesus was alive, he told his disciples he would be coming back with-in a generation,

He never said that about the second coming.

and they would not get to all the towns of Israel before the Son of Man returned.

Clarke:

Dr. Lightfoot supposes the meaning to be: “Ye shall not have traveled over the cities of Israel, preaching the Gospel, before the Son of man is revealed by his resurrection, Rom_1:4; compare Act_3:19, Act_3:20; Act_5:26. To you first, God, raising up his Son, sent him to bless you, etc. The epoch of the Messiah is dated from the resurrection of Christ.” After all, the place may be understood literally; for τελειν τας πολεις, to finish the cities, is only a concise mode of speech, for τελειν οδον δια τας πολεις, to complete the journey through the cities. To finish the survey, to preach in every one: - till the Son of man be come, may refer either to the outpouring of the Spirit on the day of pentecost, or to the subversion of the Jewish state.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He never said that about the second coming.

Clarke:

Dr. Lightfoot supposes the meaning to be: “Ye shall not have traveled over the cities of Israel, preaching the Gospel, before the Son of man is revealed by his resurrection, Rom_1:4; compare Act_3:19, Act_3:20; Act_5:26. To you first, God, raising up his Son, sent him to bless you, etc. The epoch of the Messiah is dated from the resurrection of Christ.” After all, the place may be understood literally; for τελειν τας πολεις, to finish the cities, is only a concise mode of speech, for τελειν οδον δια τας πολεις, to complete the journey through the cities. To finish the survey, to preach in every one: - till the Son of man be come, may refer either to the outpouring of the Spirit on the day of pentecost, or to the subversion of the Jewish state.

Okay, listen my friend all through the New Testament there are passages about the second coming. I believe by faith it happened.

So you’re not going to be able to argue with me about it not happening or not going to happen.

Thank you for commenting, however even so with your use of comments by Clarke who is quoting Dr. Lightfoot, Jesus still promised to come with in a generation (40 years) according to himself, which all things he promised would happen.

But alas many people really don’t have faith that Jesus Christ came and redeemed the bride which he was to come back for.

This is not my fault; it is sad many people dont.

If you have any more comments please feel free to leave them but, for me I have to put my foot down on this conversation.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus still promised to come with in a generation (40 years) according to himself, which all things he promised would happen.

Jesus did not promise that. The second coming and related prophecies and events have not yet happened.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus did not promise that. The second coming and related prophecies and events have not yet happened.

Okay Ewq1938 thank you for sharing what you believe, I appreciate it. You may freely believe how you will as many people don’t believe Jesus Christ has come back, but that doesn’t mean we don’t stop loving God first, and loving others.

love you for who you are and there really is not much I can say to what you said, maybe your right! However I still believe otherwise.

Hope the best for you in your life as well as families and all the people here on the board too.

:)