Did this Archbishop's statement come out wrong?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah , go back and look what he said a few months ago . This is all an agenda . They are just using
certain excuses to try and make it more acceptable for people .
What did he say a few months ago?

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah , go back and look what he said a few months ago . This is all an agenda . They are just using
certain excuses to try and make it more acceptable for people .
I was going on the OP and just sharing my thoughts Amigo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the bishop should be telling people that God is not their earthly father and not really like one. He is perfectly Good and only does good, is all intelligent and all powerful to the salvation of people from death and hell and the creation of the universe, all lifeforms and spirits. He should be discouraging people from making mental comparisons between God and their earthly father.

It still sounds like he really misses the point of all of that.
ITS THE PATRIARCHAL SYSTEM they hate . THIS IS What this is all about . THEY DO NOT LIKE the BIBLICAL SYSTEM .
Try and remember THESE ARE LIBERAL CHURCHES . This is AN AGENDA my friend .
Ps dont worry about the big letters , you are NOT being yelled at . THIS IS AN AGENDA my dear friend they just know how to sell it

Reactions: Marvelloustime

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know my dad was very quick tempered and it has affected how I relate to God as a father at times - it’s a foundational issue within me that has taken time to get over
My father was abusive. And the problem I encountered wasn't really the same as yours. What I encountered was Satan pretending to be God and acting agressive. Something that I had to get over to understand God correctly. I have since tested Satan and found that he wasn't God. And the messages I have received from God have been very kind and loving and forgiving.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
New Christians or non believers always ask things like that.
And sometimes even Psalmists:

1 My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?
Why are you so far from saving me,
so far from my cries of anguish?
2 My God, I cry out by day, but you do not answer,
by night, but I find no rest.

(Psalm 22:1-2)

Or, sometimes, like at about 3:00 p.m. on a particularly bad (or maybe Good) Friday afternoon, sometimes even the Son of God asks things like:

“Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?”

Last edited:
Reactions: Pearl

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I think the idea of bad behavior tolerance is being promoted. Bad behaviors can be expected from the congregation and people should be encouraged towards good behaviors. But siding with the bad behaviors by making excuses shouldn't be perpetrated by bishops.

I had an abusive father that is getting better with age, and I love God. So I guess I don't see the good in telling people they have reason to not trust God, just the opposite, they should be told about God's love and compassion and also his judgments.
It's lazy and indifference to the future of fallen souls for any person called to minister God's word to concede to the nomenclature of their sins. Rather than openly point out those sins are eternally costly.

The non-binaries are most pathetic.

They claim to not be either gender. They're opposed to labels. But, typical of their mental illness and skewed perceptions of reality, they have a flag! That identifies them as genderless.

"I am neither male nor female. Read my flag!" :watching and waiting: :jest:

edited if 2 of

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes that church is sending a bad message again. Similar to the message in the OP. Well they are not my church. So I'm happy about that. But they don't appear to be acting with the Holy Spirit. And directing people appropriately.

The message in the video is forgiving to people that have bad behaviors, and that simply should not have been addressed. What he could have said is that people that are LGBTQ can come to church and worship but should be encouraged to not take part in homosexuality.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ITS THE PATRIARCHAL SYSTEM they hate . THIS IS What this is all about . THEY DO NOT LIKE the BIBLICAL SYSTEM .
Try and remember THESE ARE LIBERAL CHURCHES . This is AN AGENDA my friend .
Ps dont worry about the big letters , you are NOT being yelled at . THIS IS AN AGENDA my dear friend they just know how to sell it
Well to say it is an agenda seems to be presumptuous. They also might simply be backing down to evil being forced on them. And threats of unholy laws.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I actually read this in a slightly different way, for me he was merely making the point that some people have not had good fathers so endeavouring to relate to God as a father would be difficult. I didn’t see him as saying the prayer is wrong, or that using ‘ father ‘ is wrong
Yes, but few realize that Jesus' use of the word "father" connotes "creator or source." God isn't our "daddy"; he is the source and originator of life.

John 5:25-27
Truly, truly, I say to you, an hour is coming and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live. For just as the Father has life in Himself, even so He gave to the Son also to have life in Himself; and He gave Him authority to execute judgment, because He is the Son of Man.
John 6:33
For the bread of God is that which comes down out of heaven, and gives life to the world.”

John 20:31
but these have been written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing you may have life in His name.
An Archbishop should know better. His role is not to make people more comfortable with God and appease those in whom the Holy Spirit is at work. No, rather, his role is to speak the unalloyed truth and let the Holy Spirit deal with each person who hears the truth.

Our Father = The living God and creator of all that exists. We make our petition to him because he is the only one who can do anything about it.

We have two fathers, our paternal parent, (the one that gave us life directly) and the eternal and ultimate source of all life.
Our Father who art in heaven = the ultimate source of all life.

Once we understand what Jesus means, there should be NO offense to anyone.

Reactions: dev553344

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well to say it is an agenda seems to be presumptuous. They also might simply be backing down to evil being forced on them. And threats of unholy laws.
Why would those armored by God back down to the pressure applied by the minions of the lord of this world?

Christianity is neither tolerant nor concessionary in the face of evil or sin.

If a Denomination is so, or a church, I'd agree they are disciples of a fallen agenda.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The Church of England are a very mixed bag - there are genuine believers within it, but also many who simply have never encountered anything. People often went to church because it was the right thing to do - my parents only went to weddings and christenings but on official forms would state ‘ Church of England ‘ ……..
It’s an establishment in itself - but as I said there are genuine Christian’s within it and the Alpha course developed from the Anglican Church, and that’s brought a lot of people to faith.

Athanasius377

Apr 7, 2023
Independence
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As an Anglican the best thing that could happen would be the disestablishment of the Church of England. This sort of theological drift began in the 19th century and has festered every since so as to take over the entire denominational structure. That is not to say there are not orthodox sections in the COE, but they are increasingly rare. I am not part of the COE but have been following this slow moving train wreck for decades. This theological virus has now infected formally traditional anglican bodies here in the US including my former parish. They aren't calling God the Father "mother" yet. Give it about 10 years and they will. Just look at the seminaries for example. They are mostly woke or at the least have twisted orthodox belief so as to neuter said belief so the clergy they send to the local churches are unable to transmit the faith to the their cures. The average anglican believer can see this but stays often because they are more loyal to the building than they are to our Lord Jesus Christ.

Reactions: Rita

Pathfinder7

Mar 8, 2020
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s an establishment in itself
Good point.
---
Interesting historical study/subject.