Dietary laws

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Disciple

Soldiers United 4 Christ
Feb 3, 2011
Dallas Tx
Are they for our health?? (I saw robbie and aspan talking about this in a locked thread..)
I dont think so, and havent seen that anywhere in holy scripture

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
I think good health was an important part of dietary law. Research has been done to show that Jewish groups lived through a lot of the European plagues because of the food laws , cleanliness , disposing of waste etc.

For example , I would think that eating a grain fed chicken would be healthier than eating a carrion bird that feeds on rotting flesh .

I do not have it at my fingertips but some good research has been done on this topic. It should be on the internet somewhere. I find it interesting that a lot of modern day Christians are trending toward kosher foods.

Disciple

Soldiers United 4 Christ
Feb 3, 2011
Dallas Tx
The way I see it is this flesh is passing away and is going to, eating kosher to edify or be healthy in the flesh seems carnal to me, I once ate kosher for a while to obey and please God but thats completely different;
It is written.. 'eating and drinking profiteth nothing, so whether we eat or drink we are no better.'

religusnut

Oct 19, 2010
The Law was actually broken up in three parts. Civil Law which protected us people from each other. Dietary law which was to hake you healthy, and Ceremonial Law which was to deal with sin. Ceremonial Law was the shedding of Blood and sacrifices...... If you look at the Ceremonial Laws and the sprinklings and spatterings of blood you see a picture of Jesus as with the blood on the door post.... at passover.....

Jesus fulfilled every part of the Ceremonial law through his Crucifixion. The dietary laws would make us healthier if we obey them and we still use the civil Laws in most courts around the world in some way.