Difference between Catholic and Protestant.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I give thorough relies to your cheap shots. (Ecclesiastes 1:13) You reply with more cheap shots. Now you use scripture to justify willful ignorance.

Nobody can correct you. Those in purgatory are ultimately saved, they are not in hell. But you have infallibly declared that they are in hell. Nobody can correct you. No amount of explanations, no amount of scripture, no amount of authentic teaching can change your core belief; you suffer from cognitive dissonance

That's at least 3 times you have falsely equated purgatory with hell. Grow up.

There are no saved souls, in some place called “purgatory”.
As JESUS taught there WERE Saved Living souls in Hell, divided by a great Gulf, From UNsaved Living souls in Hell.

You should have learned from Scriptural study, JESUS IS FIRST in all things. His soul had to LEAVE Hell, Return to Heaven BEFORE the Saved Living souls in Hell could rise UP to Heaven.

Growing up, has nothing to do with AGE and everything to do WITH SCRIPTURAL WISDOM! There are NO saved living souls IN Hell or some magical place called “purgatory”. Departed Saved living souls ARE ALWAYS IN “Paradise”, and currently for the last 2,000 + years “Paradise” IS Located IN Heaven!

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As JESUS taught there WERE Saved Living souls in Hell, divided by a great Gulf, From UNsaved Living souls in Hell.

You should have learned from Scriptural study, JESUS IS FIRST in all things. His soul had to LEAVE Hell, Return to Heaven BEFORE the Saved Living souls in Hell could rise UP to Heaven.

Growing up, has nothing to do with AGE and everything to do WITH SCRIPTURAL WISDOM! There are NO saved living souls IN Hell or some magical place called “purgatory”. Departed Saved living soul ARE ALWAYS IN “Paradise”, and currently for the last 2,000 + years “Paradise” IS Located IN Heaven!
:Bestest:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Growing up, has nothing to do with AGE and everything to do WITH SCRIPTURAL WISDOM! There are NO saved living souls IN Hell or some magical place called “purgatory”. Departed Saved living soul ARE ALWAYS IN “Paradise”, and currently for the last 2,000 + years “Paradise” IS Located IN Heaven!
exactly . ANY TRUE lamb that has already departed this world is not in purgatory , nor needs our prayers to be saved from such a place .
A LAMB GOES TO THE KING . and the unsaved , WELL they will face the lake of fire on the day of judgment .
NEVER follow the RCC . NEVER . Follow CHRIST and let us exhort and encoruage all to do the same . GET In those bibles .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we pray to God by the intercession of the saints rev 5:7

Another cunning trick of “some” Catholics....posting a Scriptural REFERENCE, that has NOTHING TO DO WITH A POINT!

Rev 5:
[7]
And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne.

Mentions Intercession or PRAYING TO saints or PRAYING TO God through saints? Nope, zip, nada! :rolleyes:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's strange, you seem comfortable regurgitating the same lies as the SDA's, the JW's and others, whose demonizing the historic Church is sourced from the lies of A. Hyslop. refute.

The Historic Church IS Christ’s Church, Started by Jews!
No one IS “demonizing” Christ’s Church!

VERY Strange; WHY Catholics teach, preach and take credit for starting Christ’s Church, even to the point of NAMING their first Bishop Peter, completely unbeknownst to him....NOT unlike attributing all kinds of Strange unbiblical Titles and Attributes to Mary, also completely unbeknownst to her.

VERY Strange and not at all of a Sound mind to make up things about Dead People.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WELL NOTED, you have to REWRITE what an other says, so you can qualify yourself to Disagree with your own thoughts and beliefs.
GASLIGHTER!
Thanks for adding your mode of operation....psst, we already knew.
Another empty and impotest non-response . . .

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
..I’m not worthy of being heard, but God hears his saints and especially his mother!

Firstly, I'm sure God hears everybody's prayers without the need for a call centre to pass them onto him, and secondly Mary was mother of Jesus, not of God..:p

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus Christ extends his mission, power, and authority to His church of His apostles..

I prefer to stick with Jesus like he said-
"You have one teacher, me" (Matthew 23:10)
"And the common people heard him gladly" (Mark 12:37)..:)

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
..purgatory is about temporal punishment due to God’s justice for sin not salvation

There ain't no such word as 'purgatory' in the Bible, it's just something cooked up by the catholic church, unless you can produce scriptures to support it..:)

Reactions: Charlie24

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There ain't no such word as 'purgatory' in the Bible, it's just something cooked up by the catholic church, unless you can produce scriptures to support it..:)

the work of each will come to light, for the Day 7 will disclose it. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire (itself) will test the quality of each one's work.

If the work stands that someone built upon the foundation, that person will receive a wage.

But if someone's work is burned up, that one will suffer loss; the person will be saved, but only as through fire.

(Bolding by me)

Pax et Bonum

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
In your gigantic post #555 you fired a burst of verses at me like Rambo, I checked out a few but none seemed to mention Jesus praying to people, so I had to skip the rest..
Every single one of them show Jesus praying yo people.
YOUR problem is that you’re a liar who refuses to accept the definition of the word “PRAY”.
Once again – I am happy to expose your blatant dishonesty

You must be using a different bible than me mate, or you've misunderstood what we're talking about.
Let me clarify- When we pray, we pray directly to God, we certainly don't pray to people, and I'm sure Jesus didn't either..:)

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Those in purgatory are ultimately saved, they are not in hell..

Where exactly is this "purgatory" supposed to be?
And suppose Hitler, Saddam and people like them have served their time in purgatory and then let out, where are they now?

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Pssst.. (Jesus is God!)

If Jesus is God I'm the Queen of Sheba..:)
Jesus said-
“Why do you call me good?..No one is good except God alone" (Luke 18:19)
"Only God knows when Judgment Day will be, I don't know myself" (Mark 13:32)
"I say nothing of my own accord, I only say what my father tells me to say.." (John 12:49)
"I am going to the Father, for my Father is greater than I" (John 14:28)

And even God himself said-
"This is my beloved son, listen to him" (Matthew 17:5)
Hey Spock will you listen to Jesus?

"Affirmative, I'm all ears"
st-Spock-ears.jpg

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
worship still requires intent
"Intent" is not the issue. Jeraboam "intended" to worship God in the North instead of at Jerusalem, saying "It's too much" trouble for you people to make the pilgrimage to Jerusalem, and therefore he set up a false priesthood, false choir, false order of service, false altar...and a false day of worship. Did you hear what I just said? A false day of worship.

And, what happened to that false system? As soon as the "man of God" pronounced the curse against this false altar - this iron symbol of adamant rebellion - it split in two and the ashes were poured out.

No, not "intent" - it's about obedience to God's commandments, the violation of which the Catholic church makes her boast.

Reactions: Brakelite

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Jesus is God I'm the Queen of Sheba..:)
Jesus said-
“Why do you call me good?..No one is good except God alone" (Luke 18:19)
"Only God knows when Judgment Day will be, I don't know myself" (Mark 13:32)
"I say nothing of my own accord, I only say what my father tells me to say.." (John 12:49)
"I am going to the Father, for my Father is greater than I" (John 14:28)

And even God himself said-
"This is my beloved son, listen to him" (Matthew 17:5)
Hey Spock will you listen to Jesus?

"Affirmative, I'm all ears"
View attachment 26248

Jesus said all those things in His humanity, being made a little lower than the angels.

He told us He was in the beginning with the Father before the worlds were created. John and Paul told us He, in fact, He is the Creator.

So don't be fooled that Christ is not God, He is! But in His humanity He set His eyes on the redemption of man, His destiny was the Cross. The Scripture tells us He made Himself of no reputation, He set aside His deity, becoming a man to set us free from our sin.

He humbled Himself in this manner for us to be redeemed even though He shared deity with God the Father.

Don't let these false prophets deny you of who the Christ is, who your relationship is with!

Reactions: Philip James

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi, how are things?
On the Great, Praise Jesus side, the In the Park Worship has brought over 5,000 to Jesus. On Nov 23 is my next bone related surgery, left Shoulder this time, right one is likely next. Seventh Day Adventists have joined us for Worship and many converts are going to their Churches. My brother Larry is recovering from surgery, but is doing good. Asking Jesus and the Holy Spirit to join us in prayer is what is making the difference.,

Reactions: Phoneman777

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Firstly, I'm sure God hears everybody's prayers without the need for a call centre to pass them onto him, and secondly Mary was mother of Jesus, not of God..:p

Correct. Jesus is Lord. Mary was told, He would be called; “The Son of God”, which that prophecy came to pass, some 30 years after Jesus’ birth.

And, Jesus Himself said, They who DO the will of His Father, are to Jesus, His: the Lords; mothers, brothers and sisters.

Glory to God,
Taken

Status
Not open for further replies.