Difference between Catholic and Protestant.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I prefer to stick with Jesus like he said-
"You have one teacher, me" (Matthew 23:10)
"And the common people heard him gladly" (Mark 12:37)..:)
And ALL of this shows just how ignorant and clueless you are about Jesus.

In Matt. 23:8-9, Jesus is chiding the Pharisees, who exalt THEMSELVES before all. He WASN’T forbidding the use of the words “Father” and “Teacher”. He was explaining that NOBODY should be considered Father or Teacher ABOVE our Father and Teacher in Heaven,

If you knew anything about Scripture – you would see just how stupid your position is.
Consider the following passages:
- Honor your FATHER and your mother (Exod. 20:12).
- Jesus said, “Your FATHER Abraham rejoiced at the thought of seeing my day; he saw it and was glad.” (John 8:56).
- Stephen refers to "our FATHER Abraham," (Acts 7:2).
- Paul speaks of "our FATHER Isaac” (Romans 9:10).
- For I became your FATHER in Christ Jesus through the gospel" (1 Cor. 4:14–15).
- "For this I was appointed a preacher and apostle . . . a TEACHER of the Gentiles in faith and truth" (1 Tim. 2:7).
- "For this gospel I was appointed a preacher and apostle and TEACHER " (2 Tim. 1:11).
- "God has appointed in the church first Apostles, second prophets, third TEACHERS " (1 Cor. 12:28).

You CAN’T be this dense . . .

Reactions: The Learner

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And ALL of this shows just how ignorant and clueless you are about Jesus.

In Matt. 23:8-9, Jesus is chiding the Pharisees, who exalt THEMSELVES before all. He WASN’T forbidding the use of the words “Father” and “Teacher”. He was explaining that NOBODY should be considered Father or Teacher ABOVE our Father and Teacher in Heaven,

If you knew anything about Scripture – you would see just how stupid your position is.
Consider the following passages:
- Honor your FATHER and your mother (Exod. 20:12).
- Jesus said, “Your FATHER Abraham rejoiced at the thought of seeing my day; he saw it and was glad.” (John 8:56).
- Stephen refers to "our FATHER Abraham," (Acts 7:2).
- Paul speaks of "our FATHER Isaac” (Romans 9:10).
- For I became your FATHER in Christ Jesus through the gospel" (1 Cor. 4:14–15).
- "For this I was appointed a preacher and apostle . . . a TEACHER of the Gentiles in faith and truth" (1 Tim. 2:7).
- "For this gospel I was appointed a preacher and apostle and TEACHER " (2 Tim. 1:11).
- "God has appointed in the church first Apostles, second prophets, third TEACHERS " (1 Cor. 12:28).

You CAN’T be this dense . . .

@BreadOfLife, your position is not one of a Christian! You are attacking the person, that is not acceptable!

You have repeatedly been doing this. It's time you clean up the act and commit to discussion as the rest of us.

We all attack what we don't believe, but not the person. That is simply not acceptable in civilized discussion.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Jesus is God I'm the Queen of Sheba..:)
Jesus said-
“Why do you call me good?..No one is good except God alone" (Luke 18:19)
"Only God knows when Judgment Day will be, I don't know myself" (Mark 13:32)
"I say nothing of my own accord, I only say what my father tells me to say.." (John 12:49)
"I am going to the Father, for my Father is greater than I" (John 14:28)

And even God himself said-
"This is my beloved son, listen to him" (Matthew 17:5)
Hey Spock will you listen to Jesus?

"Affirmative, I'm all ears"

Careful friend. Keep in context of WHEN knowledge is revealed.
We have an advantage ( of knowing the end )...men being taught 2,000+ years ago were getting new knowledge, bit by bit.

IN BRIEF...

The Word of God was SENT out from Gods Mouth to Earth, IN a body, God Prepared....we call the Word of God, JESUS, Lord.

John the Baptist reveals; Jesus IS the LAMB of God.

John the Baptist reveals; Jesus IS the SAVIOR.

Jesus reveals; He came to Give His Body, for the Life of the World.

While on Earth, He Teaches the Word of God TO Jews...The following Jews call Him, Lord, Rabbi, Teacher, Master.

While on Earth, The Followers, ie Disciples are revealed (via God),
That Jesus IS the Christ....and the Christ IS:
The Power of God;
The Quickening Spirit of God;
The Seed of God.

Point BEING...going step by step, we learn HE WHOM GOD SENT TO EARTH, Came FORTH out FROM God, WHILE, REMAINING “IN” God;
* He has many SPECIFIC roles, names, titles, as Scripture reveals...

BOTTOM LINE...Remembering God IS “omnipresent”...regardless of WHAT role, name, title He is called.

Remembering....From the beginning, MEN and ANGELS were given TASKS to hear, learn, Knowledge ABOUT God and spread that Knowledge throughout the Whole World....
....Men have failed their purpose. Angels have failed their purpose.
....AND ? These TWO itty bitty one liners...

Eph 1:
[9] Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:

John 10:
[30] I and my Father are one.

Son..............WORD..........Lord
Father...........WILL............God
Spirit............POWER.........Almighty

The WHOLE of God...Himself.

Rev 4:
[8] And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.
Rev.11
[17] Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.
Rev.15
[3] And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou (ONE) King of saints.

Glory to God,
Taken

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Because JESUS prayed to people, my ignorant, clueless friend . . .
(Matt. 5:46, Matt. 5:47, Matt. 6:27, Matt. 6:28, Matt. 7:3, Matt. 7:16, Matt. 8:26, Matt. 9:4, Matt. 9:5, Matt. 9:15, Matt. 9:28, Matt. 11:7, Matt. 11:16, Matt. 12:11, Matt. 12:29, Matt. 12:34, Matt. 12:48, Matt. 14:31, Matt. 15:3, Matt. 15:34, Matt. 16:9, Matt. 16:13, Matt. 16:15, Matt. 16:26, Matt. 17:17, Matt. 17:25, Matt. 18:12, Matt. 19:17, Matt. 20:21, Matt. 20:22, Matt. 20:32, Matt. 21:25, Matt. 21:28, Matt. 21:42, Matt. 22:18, Matt. 22:42, Matt. 23:17-19, Matt. 23:33, Matt. 26:10, Matt. 26:40, Matt. 26:53, Matt. 26:54, Matt. 26:55, Matt. 27:46, Mark 2:8, Mark 4:21, Mark 4:30, Mark 4:40, Mark 5:9, Mark 5:30, Mark 5:39, Mark 7:18, Mark 7:18, Mark 8:12, Mark 8:17-18, Mark 8:19, Mark 8:20, Mark 8:21, Mark 8:23, Mark 9:12, Mark 9:33, Mark 9:50, Mark 10:3, Mark 10:18, Mark 10:51, Mark 12:15, Mark 13:2, Mark 14:37, Mark 14:37, Luke 2:49, Luke 2:49, Luke 5:22, Luke 5:23, Luke 6:46, Luke 8:25, Luke 8:30, Luke 8:45, Luke 10:15, Luke 10:26, Luke 10:36, Luke 11:40, Luke 12:14-15, Luke 12:25, Luke 12:57, Luke 14:31, Luke 14:34, Luke 15:4, Luke 15:8, Luke 16:11, Luke 17:17, Luke 18:7, Luke 18:8, Luke 22:27, Luke 22:46, Luke 23:31, Luke 24:17, Luke 24:19, Luke 24:26, Luke 24:38, Luke 24:41, John 1:38, John 2:4, John 3:10, John 3:12, John 4:7, John 5:6, John 5:44, John 5:47, John 6:5, John 6:61, John 6:62, John 6:67, John 6:70, John 7:19, John7:19, John 7:23, John 8:10, John 8:43, John 8:46, John 8:46, John 10:36, John 11:9, John 11:26, John 11:33, John 13:12, John 14:9, John 18:4,7, John 18:11, John 18:34, John 18:21, John 18:23, John 20:15, John 21:5, John 21:17, John 21:22)

STUDY your Bible.
Your posts are embarrassingly ignorant . . .
So I gave up looking at those references after the first half dozen because they had nothing whatsoever to do with praying, either to dead folks, live folks, or rocks. Did you think no-one would bother looking them up? Did you think by posting so many we would be intimidated and surrender the debate?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
When you are praying to dead people, I give you one guess who's ready to answer...
KJV Psalms 115:17
17 The dead praise not the LORD, neither any that go down into silence.
And even if there are numerous people in heaven, how do you know who they are? What evidence do you have that God judged them worthy of eternal life? Assumption built on assumption built on presumption.
If the death and resurrection of the Son of God does not convince you that the Father hears and answers your prayers according to His great love for you, but that you need to approach Mary and various saints instead because they are. 'holier' than you, then I strongly suggest you know neither the Father nor the Son, and your hope of having your issues answered are in vain.
KJV Matthew 6:7-8
7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.
KJV Matthew 6:5-6
5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
KJV Luke 11:5-13
5 And he said unto them, Which of you shall have a friend, and shall go unto him at midnight, and say unto him, Friend, lend me three loaves;
6 For a friend of mine in his journey is come to me, and I have nothing to set before him?
7 And he from within shall answer and say, Trouble me not: the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed; I cannot rise and give thee.
8 I say unto you, Though he will not rise and give him, because he is his friend, yet because of his importunity he will rise and give him as many as he needeth.
9 And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
10 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
11 If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent?
12 Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?
13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask Him?

KJV Luke 11:5-13
5 And he said unto them, Which of you shall have a friend, and shall go unto him at midnight, and say unto him, Friend, lend me three loaves;
6 For a friend of mine in his journey is come to me, and I have nothing to set before him?
7 And he from within shall answer and say, Trouble me not: the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed; I cannot rise and give thee.
8 I say unto you, Though he will not rise and give him, because he is his friend, yet because of his importunity he will rise and give him as many as he needeth.
9 And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
10 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
11 If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent?
12 Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?
13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The flawed idea that all who loved God and were saved are now in heaven utterly destroys the resurrection as the real hope of the Christian.
KJV John 5:28-29
28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves (where are they???) shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth (from where??); they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I gave up looking at those references after the first half dozen because they had nothing whatsoever to do with praying, either to dead folks, live folks, or rocks. Did you think no-one would bother looking them up? Did you think by posting so many we would be intimidated and surrender the debate?

TYPICAL... Repetitive, mode of operation tactics...gaslighting.
* Change what another says, then disagree with it.
* Make claims, give Scriptural “References”, that DO NOT remotely lend credence or verification of their claims.
* Old, boring, useless circle jerk, YAWN!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The flawed idea that all who loved God and were saved are now in heaven utterly destroys the resurrection as the real hope of the Christian.
28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves (where are they???) shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth (from where??); they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Departed Saved souls and Quickened spirits go to Heaven.
Body’s came forth out of the dust of the Earth, die, are buried in the grave, return to dust of the Earth.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Departed Saved souls and Quickened spirits go to Heaven.
Body’s came forth out of the dust of the Earth, die, are buried in the grave, return to dust of the Earth.
For someone who constantly and correctly advocates for scripture alone, you stance surprises me. Particularly as that belief... Disembodied souls in heaven... Is of Greek origin, borrowed by apostate Judaism (and quoted by Jesus in the Lazarus payable to refute their own unbelief) and bequeathed to papal Rome as a lasting legacy of her pagan roots and cherished by protestantism to reveal their reluctance to leave it's Mother's apron strings.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On the Great, Praise Jesus side, the In the Park Worship has brought over 5,000 to Jesus. On Nov 23 is my next bone related surgery, left Shoulder this time, right one is likely next. Seventh Day Adventists have joined us for Worship and many converts are going to their Churches. My brother Larry is recovering from surgery, but is doing good. Asking Jesus and the Holy Spirit to join us in prayer is what is making the difference.,
May our Lord bless you with healing and total recovery, friend.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jude 14
King James Version
14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
..So don't be fooled that Christ is not God, He is!

Nah, Jesus spent the first 29 years of his life working in the family carpenters shop; and if he was God he'd be too busy tending the universe instead of spending his time making sets of shelves, cupboards and chairs..:)
In fact some people might say it's a ploy by satan to sucker people into disrespecting God by "humanising" him.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@BreadOfLife, your position is not one of a Christian! You are attacking the person, that is not acceptable!..

Personally I'm LURVING BOL's attacks on me, and so are my fans all around internetland, they have a great laugh when I post his quotes about me in their forums, such as-

unintelligent..
clueless...
embarrassingly ignorant...
a liar ..blatant dishonesty...
Dense...
stupid..

Below: some of my fans-

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You must be using a different bible than me mate, or you've misunderstood what we're talking about.
Let me clarify- When we pray, we pray directly to God, we certainly don't pray to people, and I'm sure Jesus didn't either..
Don't you ever tire of being proven wrong?
Acts 27:34 - KJV

"Wherefore I PRAY YOU to take some meat: for this is for your health: for there shall not an hair fall from the head of any of you".

Was Paul guilty of "worshipping" the soldiers?
Don't let your incredible ignorance get in the way of opening your mind and heart to the Word of God . . .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - it was just an empty and impotest non-response . . .

Ya shuda paid attention;
No one considers you their “teachers”.
Everyone notices how you carry on with your one person dialogue...
You speak for yourself, you speak for others, then disagree, and sling your intended derogatory comments.
It’s a failed comedy of errors routine all about you. Old and boring.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of ALL of the antu-Catholics here - I held the most hope that YOU were more intelligent because your arguments, although misled, are usually well-researched.
But, since I see that you're NOT - ONE more time, Einstein . . .

Definition of the word “PRAY”:
Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary:

Full Definition of pray
transitive verb

1: entreat, implore —often used as a function word in introducing a question, request, or plea<pray be careful>
2: to get or bring by praying

intransitive verb
1: to make a request in a humble manner
2: to address God or a god with adoration, confession, supplication, or thanksgiving

"Wherefore I PRAY YOU to take some meat: for this is for your health: for there shall not an hair fall from the head of any of you".

"Pray" as wordhip or adoration is a SECONDARY definition. The PRIMARY definition simplt means to "ASK".
Jesus "ASKED" something of EVERYBODY in the verses below . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ya shuda paid attention;
No one considers you their “teachers”.
Everyone notices how you carry on with your one person dialogue...
You speak for yourself, you speak for others, then disagree, and sling your intended derogatory comments.
It’s a failed comedy of errors routine all about you. Old and boring.
Said the one who ALWAYS winds up backed into a corner.

You're full of hot, anti-Catholic wind - but NOT a lot of acrual FACTS . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Personally I'm LURVING BOL's attacks on me, and so are my fans all around internetland, they have a great laugh when I post his quotes about me in their forums, such as-

unintelligent..
clueless...
embarrassingly ignorant...
a liar ..blatant dishonesty...
Dense...
stupid..

Below: some of my fans-
Ummmm, your "fans"??

Bringds to mind one of my favorite Star Wars quote:
"Who's the more foolish - the fool or the fool who faollows him?"

Thanks, Obi Wan Kenobi . . .

Last edited:

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Don't you ever tire of being proven wrong?
"Wherefore I PRAY YOU to take some meat: for this is for your health: for there shall not an hair fall from the head of any of you"..

Thanks mate, I'm not a vegetarian and am looking forward to some sausages and mash for my dinner later..:)
As for Acts of the Apostles 27:34, "pray" is just another word for advise, urge, beg, exhort, beseech, all of which are used in other bible versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.