Difference between Catholic and Protestant.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
CHonesty FAIL.
HOW so, Einstein?
I NEVER give a number – just a ballpark estimate of “tens of thousands” because the number changes DAILY.

Intelligence fail oon your part . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct you are wrong.
LOL, I wouldn’t waste my time trying to convince you of anything.
I speak what I believe.
I disagree with what you believe.
Told you a long time ago, I don’t post for your benefit but rather for others.
Another idiotic post . . .

If you aren’t trying to convince me of anything – then you WOULDN’T respond, Einstein.
THINK about it . . .

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do love to invoke the mocking spirit with your constant use of 'kiddo.' Do you suppose it is endearing?

Guess what? Protestants don't want supremacy over God's children. We don't desire usurping Christ's role on Earth as being our head.

Not as you define the church. The church is not the RCC but the body of believers.
Ok. Sooooo your theory is that The Church is "the body of believers". Soooooo kiddo: which member of "the body of believers" is the pillar and foundation of truth? Scripture says take our differences to the church. Which member of "the body of believers" should we take our differences to?

See how I used 2 passages from Scripture to destroy your theory?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course you would reference the opinion of Jews and not the saints. The Jews rejected Christ and do not possess His Spirit, nor can they until they recognize the person of our Lord and enter into His covenant of peace through the propitiation in His blood.
You too could receive the Lord, but to do this you must lay down your false teachings and enter into His covenant, not by dead ritual, not by imaginary sacrament, but by trusting the sufficiently of our Lord's sacrifice to have paid the price of all your sin, once and for all time.
Pray for wisdom, pray for His Spirit, and turn from idolatry to a knowledge of the truth.

“I am the LORD, that is My name;
I will not give My glory to another,
Nor My praise to graven images"
Isaiah 42:8
Huh? An OPINION of the Jews? You mean the same Jews who wrote Psalms? I guess I should accept YOUR opinion on a Jewish book from the OT and NOT accept the opinion of the Jews!! lol....

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Guess what? Protestants don't want supremacy over God's children.
I know that already. You want to read the bible on your own, come up with your own truth and then try to convince everyone you were led by the Holy Spirit into that truth and if anyone disagrees with you tell them they are wrong. You don't are dismissive and do not want to submit yourself to anyone even though Scripture tells you to do it: Hebrews 13:17, 1 Peter 5:3-5

You deny Scripture....:goodj:

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know that already. You want to read the bible on your own, come up with your own truth and then try to convince everyone you were led by the Holy Spirit into that truth and if anyone disagrees with you tell them they are wrong.

Yup. Stay in your lane kiddo.

You don't are dismissive and do not want to submit yourself to anyone even though Scripture tells you to do it: Hebrews 13:17, 1 Peter 5:3-5

You deny Scripture....:goodj:

You are correct about how I feel. However, I do submit to others, just not the corrupt RCC.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The SDA will be crushed by the doctrine of the CC . Though both are false .
FOLKS should have stuck in bibles .
Folks should have kept it simple .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even now we folks of all denomations , even those who profess not to follow the CC
are already under her all inclusive unity direction . Even one of the SDA memebers on this very site
are already under her influence and know it not . EVERYONE NOT in the lambs book of life will go
in the direction of the unity all inclusive lets get along we are one direction .
IF only folks would learn those bibles and not men . IF ONLY .

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was once Catholic. I was called a cradle Catholic. I no longer consider myself a Catholic. Too much that I disagree with to stay with the Catholic church. Also, if I had the choice of what church I wanted to be a part of, the Catholic church wouldn't have been my choice.

Reactions: Taken

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I was once Catholic. I was called a cradle Catholic. I no longer consider myself a Catholic. Too much that I disagree with to stay with the Catholic church. Also, if I had the choice of what church I wanted to be a part of, the Catholic church wouldn't have been my choice.

there-is-no-catholic-god.jpg

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a rhetorical reply to make you think for yourself. It doesn't have to be relevant.

are-catholics-christians.jpg

I don't think I have ever said that Catholics aren't Christian. As a matter of fact, you won't see hatred from me toward the Catholic church. I simply no longer consider myself Catholic due to my disagreements and attend a different church. I will not go back to the Catholic church as it is not the church I myself would have chosen and was forced to attend due to my family being Catholic.

The Catholic church has its place in the world and those who attend need that place. I just cannot in good conscience attend a church where I disagree with many of its for a lack of better word, policies.

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I 've never known a person who left the Catholic Church because they disagree with doctrine.

The case has ALWAYS been that they left because they were ignorant of doctrine.
In other words - they lkeft because of what they THOUGHT were teachings of the Church that were simply fairy tales and falsehoods.

I have TEN sibligs who left the Church - and NONE og yhem know why.
They were easy prey for anti-Catholics with a feel-good, easy-believism message.

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I 've never known a person who left the Catholic Church because they disagree with doctrine.

The case has ALWAYS been that they left because they were ignorant of doctrine.
In other words - they lkeft because of what they THOUGHT were teachings of the Church that were simply fairy tales and falsehoods.

I have TEN sibligs who left the Church - and NONE og yhem know why.
They were easy prey for anti-Catholics with a feel-good, easy-believism message.

Then hello! I am the first person that you have met.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Then hello! I am the first person that you have met.
I have no idea what "policies" you object to. Some leave the Church because they get hurt and angry because they need an annulment to get their lives on track. Some leave the Church because they object to the "policies" opposing contraception/abortion, transgenderism, dr. assisted suicide, surrogate motherhood, in vitro fertilization etc., etc.
Some leave the Church because their parents weren't perfect examples.
Some have low self-esteem and don't feel accepted anywhere but find a warm fellowship where they are showered by acceptance.
Some leave the Church due to the success of biased media. So it's not so much about doctrine as it is emotion and morals.
I place doctrinal matters on the bottom of the list. Rarely do people leave over doctrines because they are not equipped to understand them in the first place. Your best Protestant scholars and ministers convert to Catholicism and it's not because they don't know their Bible.
Conversion Stories Archives - The Coming Home Network
Anyway, I'm glad you found a place where you can thrive.
BTW, I'm a retired RPN.

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no idea what "policies" you object to.

Doctrines is the word I was thinking of and couldn't come up with.

So it's not so much about doctrine as it is emotion and morals.

For me, it absolutely was doctrine.

I place doctrinal matters on the bottom of the list.

For me, it is at the top of the list. Why would I stay with a church that I don't agree with? So, I left.

Anyway, I'm glad you found a place where you can thrive.

Thank you! I have tried many churches. Non-denominational, Baptist, Presbyterian, Lutheran, etc... Finally found a home in the Episcopal church. I love the liturgical way of doing things. I am not big on Christian rock concerts for church. If I want to go see a Christian rock concert I will go to Rock the Universe at Universal Studios when it comes around. I prefer the order of the liturgical service over any other type of service.

BTW, I'm a retired RPN.

Awesome! Someday I will be a retired EMT. Right now I work at a plasma center using my EMT license as a Physician Substitute. Make way better money with a 1/4 of the stress.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Dear Brakelite,

I know you don't have a relationship with Jesus, or His holy Spirit and you rely on fallible sinful Protestant men to lead you to heaven. But we have already established that.

What I would really like is if you would answer my questions so we can have a discussion: What evidence do you have that those 3 men were NOT guided by the Holy Spirit?
Objecting to a partial quote from Taken and then partially quoting me to twist the context is a tad hypocritical don't you think?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.