Difference between Catholic and Protestant.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The SDA will be crushed by the doctrine of the CC . Though both are false .
FOLKS should have stuck in bibles .
Folks should have kept it simple .

Even now we folks of all denomations , even those who profess not to follow the CC
are already under her all inclusive unity direction . Even one of the SDA memebers on this very site
are already under her influence and know it not . EVERYONE NOT in the lambs book of life will go
in the direction of the unity all inclusive lets get along we are one direction .
IF only folks would learn those bibles and not men . IF ONLY .
Interesting observations there. When I criticize catholicism, I offer biblical, historical evidence. I would be happy to discuss your objections to adventism on another thread... We have had threads of that nature previously, but for some reason they don't seem to go anywhere... Non adventists seem reluctant to seriously engage.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Anglican J.B. Lightfoot, no great fan of Catholic (whom he terms “Romanists”) nevertheless concedes that
  • “Throughout the thirteen letters the same doctrines are maintained,
  • the same heresies assailed,
  • and the same theological terms employed.
In this respect no difference can be traced between the two sets of epistles.” So while there may have been theological reasons (responding to the Apollinarian or Arian heresies) for the forgery of the additional 6 letters, nothing theological (between Catholics and Protestants) turns on these spurious letters. Anything that Protestants would object to in the six false letters is also found in the seven genuine letters.

In other words, the fact that the Middle Recension is authentic should give radical anti-Catholics serious pause, since it disproves SDA theories about the nature of the early Church.

How Do We Know Ignatius’ Letters are Genuine? – Shameless Popery
No, what you have done is alter the focus of my objection. Ignatius may or may not have some doctrines correct, that's not the point. My principle objection is that he, as a very early leader in the Christian era, is already leading the church down a road to apostasy... Not by a whole raft of false doctrine, but by removing Jesus as the head of the church and replacing Him with a presumed authority of the church over the consciences of men.
No, I’m NOT a linguist – and that’s the point.
I don’t pretend to BE a linguist. I leave questions about languages to the linguistic scholars.

I don’t make idiotic claims that the scholars are “wrong” because they disagree with ME.

I’m actually surprised at your complete cluelessness with regard to Scripture. You usually do your homework – however MISLED you ultimately are.
Time for a Bible Lesson . . .

Ummmmm, it was JESUS who gave His Church SUPREME earthly Authority when he told the first leaders of His Church that WHATEVER THEY loosed or held bound on earth would be loosed and held bound in Heaven (Matt. 16:19, Matt. 18:15-18).

It was JESUS who gave His Church SUPREME earthly Authority when he told the first leaders of His Church that whoever listened to or rejected THEM listened to and rejected HIM and the ONE who sent Him (Luke 10:16).

it was JESUS who gave His Church His GUARANTEE that the Holy Spirit would guide it to ALL TRUTH (John 16:12-15).

Finally – THANK YOU for admitting that the Church of Ignatius’s time is NOTHING like the man-made SDA sect. Ignatius, a lifelong disciple of the Apostle John wrote about the “Catholic Church” in his letters while John was presumably STILL alive. There us ZERO evidence to show that Ignatius was a heretic, as he was appointed Bishop of Antioch by Peter.
So you don't deny that the church has removed Christ as head of the church, and had used it's authority as vicarious filli dei. My protest over this is in the manner and reach that said authority has been historically used. Your church throughout it's history, even to this day, assumes is authority extends to the consciences of men, claiming only through her auspices is salvation to be found, and to not be submitted to papal authority is akin to heresy. Heresy in the mind of the Papacy is not being in error to scripture, but to hold different views to the Catholic hierarchy.
Their assumed authority has of course cost the lives on millions. Crusades against Muslims and Huguenots, the Albigenses, inquisitions against the Christians of Spain, France, Goa, and elsewhere. The kind of authority the church claimed and demanded the state submit to was an authority of judgement, which belongs only to God.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well wouldn't that be a pointless exercise? Adventists are committed to Adventism, so they do not need any further input from outside. Just like Catholics are committed to Catholicism.
Oh we get input alright, charges like "cult", unbiblical, and like the above from amigo, CC doctrine will crush the SDA...whatever that means. So there's input alright, it just isn't demonstrated, explained, or specified.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh we get input alright, charges like "cult", unbiblical, and like the above from amigo, CC doctrine will crush the SDA...whatever that means. So there's input alright, it just isn't demonstrated, explained, or specified.
The CC is gathering all to be as one in her web . There is no denomination that has not been infiltrated by her peoples .
The only way to truly resist the lie that is taking even the other religoins captive as well as the denominations within Christendom
IS a fast return to Christ and bibles . Men aint gonna save us and all men must be tested .
Two main horns in this all inclusive religoin are ROME and Jerusalem . Suprised . The jews
are leading in this inclusivity now as much as rome ever did . They will have their world religoin
of love and tolerance and unity . NONE of which is a biblical version of love , tolerance or unity .
DO you ever wonder why todays mantra seems to be , lets just focus on love and if one tries to correct
most see it as being judgmental or hateful . THis stuff has swallowed up whole houses and led
masses to begin calling everyone brother in the name of unity .
I have a reminder for all . IF the jesus one is preaching seemeth to be accepting of sins
and wont judge nor correct , even calls good evil and evil good . I Got news , IT AINT JESUS at all
ITS SATAN and his men who have used the name of JESUS to lead one into another jesus who in truth is satan himself .
TIME CHURCHES return to bibles . TIME for churches to learn the approach and all doctrine that CHRIST
and the apostels had towards any and all things . AND ITS TIME FOLKS DO THIS VERY QUICKLY . Cause
i dont see a delusion growing , BUT THE DELUSION ITSELF . And without CHRIST
without knowledge , MANY DO PERISH . Many are not gonna make it my friend .
An all out exodus from false houses of worship is the call . And an all out ENTRODUS back into bibles to be learning THAT PATTERN .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even those names sound much kinder that some of the names i have been called .
BUT all rolls off my back , FOR THE JOY OF THE LORD IS MY STRENGTH and the bible is my BOOK .
THE LORD is with the lambs and its high time folks start over fresh and anew in the bible for themselves .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have no 2nd or 3rd century "saints" because you can't name any.
Over our dead bodies. "false teachings" is always asserted, never proven with any intellectual rigor. The "false teachings" charge amounts to mindless carnival barking. It's a mindset locked into 16th century politics. You're so critical of church teachings yet you avoid RECENT teachings because you have little or no DEVELOPMENT OF DOCTRINE.

Which of these RECENT documents should I reject, that would make me a better Christian???
Rituals are dead only to those who engage in them without the proper disposition. Jesus didn't condemn rituals, He sanctified them. Why must you be so insulting??? Sacraments have been explained 1000 times but you stubbornly resist all explanations. (cognitive dissonance)
Are Relics & Sacraments Mere Magical Charms?

The condemnation of "graven images" in the OT always deals solely with the worship of false gods. Iconoclasts always read into scripture what isn't there. Not all "images" are graven. Where in Scripture is Scripture in art form forbidden? Nowhere. That's another one of your false man made traditions.
Do Catholic’s Worship Statues?
Fiction at its best. Jeroboam set up a golden calf in Bethel as a representation of the God of Israel, Yah Havah, when the ten tribes abandoned Rehoboam, the son of Solomon.

“I am the LORD, that is My name;
I will not give My glory to another,
Nor My praise to graven images.
Isaiah 42:8

8‘You shall not make for yourself an idol, or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the water under the earth. 9‘You shall not worship them or serve them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, and on the third and the fourth generations of those who hate Me, 10but showing lovingkindness to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments. Deuteronomy 5:8-10

What is it about this commandment that you don't understand?

Reactions: Taken

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Huh? An OPINION of the Jews? You mean the same Jews who wrote Psalms? I guess I should accept YOUR opinion on a Jewish book from the OT and NOT accept the opinion of the Jews!! lol....
You obviously are clueless about divine inspiration and the actual history of Jewish rebellion from Moses to Christ, but I'll give you one passage:

24And it came about, when Moses finished writing the words of this law in a book until they were complete, 25that Moses commanded the Levites who carried the ark of the covenant of the LORD, saying, 26“Take this book of the law and place it beside the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, that it may remain there as a witness against you. 27“For I know your rebellion and your stubbornness; behold, while I am still alive with you today, you have been rebellious against the LORD; how much more, then, after my death.
Deuteronomy 31:24-27

The Jews didn't write the scriptures. The prophets were inspired by the Holy Spirit, and consequently there was only one real author. If you believed the word, you'd know this.

Reactions: Brakelite and Taken

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The CC is gathering all to be as one in her web . There is no denomination that has not been infiltrated by her peoples .
The only way to truly resist the lie that is taking even the other religoins captive as well as the denominations within Christendom
IS a fast return to Christ and bibles . Men aint gonna save us and all men must be tested .
Two main horns in this all inclusive religoin are ROME and Jerusalem . Suprised . The jews
are leading in this inclusivity now as much as rome ever did . They will have their world religoin
of love and tolerance and unity . NONE of which is a biblical version of love , tolerance or unity .
DO you ever wonder why todays mantra seems to be , lets just focus on love and if one tries to correct
most see it as being judgmental or hateful . THis stuff has swallowed up whole houses and led
masses to begin calling everyone brother in the name of unity .
I have a reminder for all . IF the jesus one is preaching seemeth to be accepting of sins
and wont judge nor correct , even calls good evil and evil good . I Got news , IT AINT JESUS at all
ITS SATAN and his men who have used the name of JESUS to lead one into another jesus who in truth is satan himself .
TIME CHURCHES return to bibles . TIME for churches to learn the approach and all doctrine that CHRIST
and the apostels had towards any and all things . AND ITS TIME FOLKS DO THIS VERY QUICKLY . Cause
i dont see a delusion growing , BUT THE DELUSION ITSELF . And without CHRIST
without knowledge , MANY DO PERISH . Many are not gonna make it my friend .
An all out exodus from false houses of worship is the call . And an all out ENTRODUS back into bibles to be learning THAT PATTERN .
I agree with all the above, but you haven't explained how CC doctrine can crush the SDA. I'm intrigued. Also wondering who the Adventist is on this forum who you believe to be cosying up to the CC. Even more intrigued on that one. I know there are some leaders in our church who are involved in ecumenical affairs, but we are well aware of who they are and they do not represent all the membership. There is a vast majority of members who are totally opposed to such relationships.
Just like Catholics are committed to Catholicism.
No, adventists are not committed to their faith in the same manner as Catholics are to theirs. First, adventists are committed to truth, not m necessarily to the denomination. The first hint that the church begins to teach unbiblical concepts, the is much debate throughout the Adventist world, with lobbying of the leaders and church councils, and such matters are dealt with at the annual council. One recent example was women's ordination. Opinion was split throughout the world, local churches discussed the issue and the were pastors and lay ministers on both sides of the issue. So, unlike Catholics, we don't lie down and simply accept everything the leaders decide. There are many who still have serious reservations over the Godhead doctrine. It may surprise you but it church didn't fully accept the trinity into our fundamental beliefs until 1980. There are many who disagree with the way it is worded and taught. I am one of them. Some have left the church as a result. I am not one of them. But pour current official view of the trinity is very different from that taught by the church even 60 years ago. And none of the Adventist pioneers believed in the trinity as presented in the traditonal creeds. For me, their perspective seemed more biblically sound. I hope one day there will be a global discussion on the issue. Meanwhile, there is no disagreement on who Jesus is, either in His divinity or His humanity. So our differences I believe aren't a salvation issue.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Fiction at its best. Jeroboam set up a golden calf in Bethel as a representation of the God of Israel, Yah Havah, when the ten tribes abandoned Rehoboam, the son of Solomon.
You have nothing to say about any one of the 4 hyperlinks in post #859 because you are afraid of them.
“I am the LORD, that is My name;
I will not give My glory to another,
Nor My praise to graven images.
Isaiah 42:8

8‘You shall not make for yourself an idol, or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the water under the earth. 9‘You shall not worship them or serve them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, and on the third and the fourth generations of those who hate Me, 10but showing lovingkindness to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments. Deuteronomy 5:8-10

What is it about this commandment that you don't understand?
What part of "we don't worship images of any kind" don't you understand?
What verse in the Bible forbids SCRIPTURE in ART FORM??? Here's a clue: there isn't any; it's another one of your man-made traditions (conjured up by rabid Calvinoid iconoclasm.)
I noticed you RAN from post #859, and delude yourself into thinking that if you can fool everybody with the same boring drum pounding, the same stupid false charge of idolatry. I have news for you. Not everyone is that stupid.

Joseph Goebbels, minister of propaganda for the German Third Reich: “Repeat a lie often enough and it becomes the truth”.

6wc7t0.jpg

Do Catholics Worship Statues?

Last edited:

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Attachments

• upload_2022-10-9_22-42-1.jpeg
    upload_2022-10-9_22-42-1.jpeg
    12.1 KB · Views: 0

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Reactions: amigo de christo

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please explain how one can be buried under a sprinkling of dirt. Read again Romans 6:1-5. Just read it, and tell me how sprinkling of a little water can fulfill the imagery made by Paul by the inspiration of the holy Spirit.

baptism is required not immersion

Valid Christian baptism requires the flowing water over the forehead three times.

With the words:

I baptize you in the name of the father and of the son and of the Holy Spirit! Matt 28:19

The grace of God washing away all sin! Acts 22:16

Immersion, pouring, sprinkling 3 times in the name of the father and of the son and of the Holy Spirit are valid forms of baptism.

Ez 36:25 I will sprinkle you with clean water and you shall be made white as snow.

1 pet 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied. (Baptism)

Heb 10:22
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was not Peter ("petros" - "small pebble") upon which the Christian church was founded, but Peter's "rock" of his confession (PETRA). If the church was founded on Peter, God help us. He denied our LORD three times, and even Paul had to go off on him in front of everybody for his foolishness.

I see you mentioning a lot of things which all churches can claim as criteria for their status as "God's end time church" - however, there's only ONE church that fits ALL the identifying marks of Bible prophecy, and it ain't the Catholic church because she boasts about how she breaks God's commandments and teaches others to do so - the clearest of all Biblical criteria - making those in heaven refer to her as "the least" of us down here.

only one has the keys of jurisdictional authority

did Christ give the keys to a confession?

did a confession miraculously catch a fish with a coin in its mouth to pay the temple tax for both Christ and Peter identifying them as one in Matt 17:27

Did a confession stand up in acts 1 and quote the Old Testament and appoint Mathias as an apostle?

Did a confession give the first sermon in acts 2?

did a man in acts 3:6 receive a miracle thru a confession?

Did a man in acts 5:5 fall dead at the feet of a confession?

did a confession preach the necessity of baptismal regeneration in acts 2:38-39 and 1 pet 3:20-21?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now repeat after scripture:

Blessed art thou among all women! Lk 1:28 & Lk 1:45 & Lk 1:48

All generations shall call me blessed! Lk 1:48

A new song of thanksgiving for bringing our salvation!

And thanksgiving for the incarnation of Jesus Christ! The word was made flesh and dwelt among us thanks to Mary’s yes consenting to our salvation!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Objecting to a partial quote from Taken and then partially quoting me to twist the context is a tad hypocritical don't you think?
And you expecting me to answer your questions without you answering mine is a tad hypocritical. Don't ya think?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In prophecy, a "woman" over and over is the symbol for God's people, NEVER an individual woman.

Do you really think "Mary" fled into the wilderness for 1,260 symbolic "days" which are literal years? No, but the church did, having fled from the face of the worst persecuting power the Christian church has ever faced in all of history: the Papacy.

represents the flight into Egypt

who is the child?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It says it is revelation not prophecy

Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

what does a child represent in prophecy?

Status
Not open for further replies.