Discerning between Holy and Common in the Holy Bible

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marc RL Ministry

May 28, 2021
Melbourne
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Discerning between Holy and Common in the Holy Bible

Leviticus 10:10 You are to make a distinction between the holy and the common…”

John 6:63 It is the spirit who gives life. The flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and are life.

John 14:10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? The words that I tell you, I speak not from myself; but the Father who lives in me does his works.

John 14:6 Yeshua said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me.

Revelation 5:2-3 I saw a mighty angel proclaiming with a loud voice, “Who is worthy to open the book, and to break its seals?” No one in heaven above, or on the earth, or under the earth, was able to open the book or to look in it.

Revelation 5:9-10 “You are worthy to take the book and to open its seals for you were killed and bought us for God with your blood out of every tribe, language, people, and nation, and made us kings and priests to our God and we will reign on the earth.”

Genesis 2:1-3 The heavens, the earth, and all their vast array were finished. On the seventh day God finished his work which he had done; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had done. God blessed the seventh day, and made it holy, because he rested in it from all his work of creation which he had done.

Matthew 7:21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of Heaven, but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

John 3:31-36 31“He has come from above and is greater than anyone else. We are of the earth, and we speak of earthly things, but he has come from heaven and is greater than anyone else. 32He testifies about what he has seen and heard, but how few believe what he tells them! 33Anyone who accepts his testimony can affirm that God is true. 34For he is sent by God. He speaks God’s words, for God gives him the Spirit without limit. 35The Father loves his Son and has put everything into his hands. 36And anyone who believes in God’s Son has eternal life. Anyone who doesn’t obey the Son will never experience eternal life but remains under God’s angry judgment.”

Matthew 3:20 20All who do evil hate the light and refuse to go near it for fear their sins will be exposed. 21But those who do what is right come to the light so others can see that they are doing what God wants.3:21 Or can see God at work in what he is doing.”

Reactions: soul man

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Marc RL Ministry
But then consider this:

"And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending unto him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth:
Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.
And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat.
But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean.
And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common." Acts 10:11-15

Reactions: marks

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Leviticus 10:10 You are to make a distinction between the holy and the common…”
Hi Marc,

As you may know, the OT religious practises serve as signposts to the NT lifestyle.
Eph 5:6-11 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things comes the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience. (7) Be not you therefore partakers with them. (8) For you were sometimes darkness, but now are you light in the Lord: walk as children of light: (9) (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;) (10) Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord. (11) And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.