Do all black lives matter? - By a Black man

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think we can agree, Renniks, that police murder of any citizen should not to be tolerated. Dcopymope has a point: a marine policing the streets of Iraq wouldn't get away with such excuses. If police murder is not to be done in Iraq, it shouldn't be done in America.

Let us walk in the way set forth for us by Christ. Let us walk in justice for all.
Define police murder. Was it ok when " protester's" murdered police?

Shooting in self defense or in defense of a fellow officer or citizen in grave danger isn't murder. How about you walk a mile or two in the shoes of the police before you judge them? How about you apply your forgiveness to our boys and girls in blue who keep us from falling into anarchy in every city in this country, and protect your ability to walk down the street without being mugged? Defunding the people who help keep us a civilized society is just insanity.

Are you going to judge all police by the actions of a few, or recognize the thousands who do a good job?

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Try showing up with a sign that reads, "All Lives Matter" and see what sort of crowd it is!

But if All Lives Matter, they don't have special victim status, and you don't owe them anything!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello,

Let me pose a question, "Is anyone prepared to die so that Law and Order can be brought to bear in any situation?"

The Police, are required to be prepared to die, but their use of their trigger finger first in response to their situation tells us otherwise.

All people should be prepared to die so that Law and Order can be achieved, but because we are not prepared to die within the situation of Law and Order being brought into being in a "explosive situation," then we do not believe in Law and Order. It seems to me that many police do not believe in Law and Order, but in the Old West styled movie Law and Order scenario where people shoot and ask questions later to stay alive, the likely hood of having people believing in Law and Order, is highly unlikely.

The thing that we all need to understand is that the Police cannot bring about Law and Order, or provide people with the security needed for us to remain alive and unharmed in our every day lives, or protect us from being killed by others. That the Police cannot act as our jury and impose any form of punishment upon other people on our behalf.

The people can only enforce Law and Order on themselves. It is their responsibility to do so. They are responsible for their own governance such that they abide within the boundaries/confines of the Law.

Until people begin to understand the processes involved to maintain Law and Order, no progress can be made to improve the current situation in this area.

Last edited:
Reactions: historyb

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They need to disband the police and have more gun control. Give the saved money to "Minority Community Projects."

These are the the current wave of Liberal "solutions" to the problems we have in America.

I say, these "solutions" have even less substance than a Unicorn fart!
Yes, because all those gun control laws they have are working so well already! Everyone knows that if you make possessing firearms illegal, all the criminals will destroy their firearms!
And I'm sure if we do away with the police force, the gangs and thugs will police themselves and quit doing bad stuff.

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, because all those gun control laws they have are working so well already! Everyone knows that if you make possessing firearms illegal, all the criminals will destroy their firearms!
And I'm sure if we do away with the police force, the gangs and thugs will police themselves and quit doing bad stuff.

If we just did away with the Law, then there would be no crime! The Law is the problem!

Why does this sound so familiar?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And the Communist Utopia will be established. Pure foolishness and pure evil. Did you see evil Pelosi and Schumer virtue signaling while wearing African scarves?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The way I see it is there are three institutions that govern
1 the conscience
2 the parents
When these first two fail then we have the police, they are the last resort. These anarchist need to understand, for their safety they'd do better to take their chances with the police, than me. I'm inclined to believe the reason we're seeing the destruction were seeing is due to a police that is to tolerant and passive in most cases.

This whole thing is a political agenda in my opinion, driven by a group who's agenda is founded in rewarding bad behavior.

Reactions: historyb and marks

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But if All Lives Matter, they don't have special victim status, and you don't owe them anything!
Sheriff David Clarke -- who is black -- has said some very pertinent things about BLM. I have started a separate thread which has the full transcript of what Clarke had to say about BLM and defunding police.
Why didn't Trump make David Clarke the AG?

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The people can only enforce Law and Order on themselves. It is their responsibility to do so. They are responsible for their own governance such that the abide within the boundaries/confines of the Law.

The offensiveness of the issue is that the Police are hired "to Protect and Serve" their Communities. Much of the problem is the "Blue Code" where if there is a complaint, it is buried in endless red tape in an "Internal Investigation" until it is forgotten.

Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.... is very true. It is difficult for those with this power, especially if they "self-investigate" and "judge" themselves, to abuse that power. We are not privy to the list of formal complaints that this Officer had. I believe that is a great part of the problem. I would like a Review Board of civilians, to include the legal oversite of a judge, to review all formal complaints and not the Police Department itself. A Public Record under the Freedom of Information Act should display any misconduct that results in disciplinary action. We pay their wages; we should know who we are employing in our name! The intimidating scene where you have to go to the police department and ask for a complaint form and give your personal information (as they eagerly search for warrants and unpaid parking tickets), and the "assurance" that "they will look into it" should be a thing of the past.

Policing will never be perfect. Better and continuous training, better oversight, and clear standards of conduct that hold Officer's accountable to the Law, if not even more so, than the people they "Police" would do a lot to make Policing better for society. Disbanding, disarming (neutering,) or reducing the size of the Department, are bad "solutions" that just will not make anyone safer.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the Communist Utopia will be established. Pure foolishness and pure evil. Did you see evil Pelosi and Schumer virtue signaling while wearing African scarves?

I am waiting for CNN and MSNBC to shame them every day for a week what was obviously a "Photo Op" and pandering to a crisis like they did when Trump posed in front of a Church burned by BLM Terrorists!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am waiting for CNN and MSNBC to shame them every day for a week what was obviously a "Photo Op" and pandering to a crisis like they did when Trump posed in front of a Church burned by BLM Terrorists!
But the truth is being spoken by black men who know better. David Clarke is one. Shelby Steele is another:
INSURRECTION: Civil Rights Leader Shelby Steele to Mark Levin: 'Blacks Have Never Been Less Oppressed'
INSURRECTION: Civil Rights Leader Shelby Steele to Mark Levin: 'Blacks Have Never Been Less Oppressed'

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Much of the problem is the "Blue Code" where if there is a complaint, it is buried in endless red tape in an "Internal Investigation" until it is forgotten.
And this problem could easily have been remedied. All one needed was an INDEPENDENT COMMISSION to investigate complaints against police. Similar to an Ombudsman. No biased internal investigations (one way or another). Outside investigators to question both complainants and those accused. And a proper verdict delivered within one week or less.

But the bad eggs can easily be weeded out long before there are any complaints. All it takes is vigilant oversight over police forces, and immediate action.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not want any organization advocating civil rights, such as Black Lives Matter, to be libeled as a hate group and terrorist organization.
Coming back to this . . .

Libel has a particular meaning. So does "hate group" and "terrorist organization". I think we would all agree that we do not want Anyone libeled. Would you say so?

Libel is about things that aren't true. So tell me. How do the actions that we've all just witnessed not just cry out to the sky that BLM is for violence and mayhem as a means to get what they want, which is a new social order that favors them over others?

And what am I supposed to make of BLM's silence on those black lives snuffed out by these protests? And that those who "protest" the killing of black people are killing black people?

I don't want anyone called a hate group or terrorist organization that doesn't deserve it.

So what am I supposed to make of these things? Hate is as hate does.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think we can agree, Renniks, that police murder of any citizen should not to be tolerated. Dcopymope has a point: a marine policing the streets of Iraq wouldn't get away with such excuses. If police murder is not to be done in Iraq, it shouldn't be done in America.

Let us walk in the way set forth for us by Christ. Let us walk in justice for all.
Can we agree that a policeman murder, while tragic, and deserving of investigation and prosecution according to the law, can we agree that this is not just cause to burn and rob other people's homes and businesses? To burn down police stations?

Or do you think that it is a just cause for that activity?

Much love!

Reactions: Renniks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is anyone having an " encounter" with the police if they are law abiding? I find if you treat them with respect they will be friendly back.
Not in my experience. Some will and some won't. Some become cops so they can have power over others. We need very vigilant psychological screening.

Then there are the ones that have just been pushed so long and so far they are finally just pushing back. And lots of other reasons.

Much love!

Reactions: Candidus

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yep. BLM, Antifa, Liberals don't care about black lives in Chicago only if it fits their agenda. The two black police officers murdered because of the riots don't fir their agenda so BLM, Antifa, Liberals don't care about them. 400 officers were injured by "peaceful" rioters but BLM, Antifa, and Liberals don't care cause it doesn't fit their agenda.

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not in my experience. Some will and some won't. Some become cops so they can have power over others. We need very vigilant psychological screening.

Then there are the ones that have just been pushed so long and so far they are finally just pushing back. And lots of other reasons.

Much love!

Marks, apparently you are like me! We both lack the necessary "boot-licking" skills!:p