Do all black lives matter? - By a Black man

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Enoch111, don't be deceived by a site that doesn't have an actual connection to Black Lives Matter.
If black lives truly matter to blacks, how is it that in Chicago, blacks attack and kill blacks on an almost daily basis?

Chicago: 75% of Murdered Are Black, 71% of Murderers Are Black
Chicago: 75% of Murdered Are Black, 71% of Murderers Are Black

What we need today are some real strong black voices telling their people to stop being deceived by black anarchists and thugs.

Black State Trooper Tells BLM Protester: ‘I Only Kneel’ to God
Commentary Archives - The Western Journal

Last edited:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My emotions runs deep and he insulted me. Since you ask I will by putting him on ignore, I just can't believe anyone who supports an organization that wants to kill babies and allow sin to reign supreme in the guise of homosexuality is anyway a real Christian. I am sorry to you if I caused you to be upset @Hidden In Him .

Not a problem. And thanks again for the video in my music thread. Got a tremendous laugh out of it as well.

May have to go watch again here soon : )

Reactions: historyb

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What we need today are some real strong black voices telling their people to stop being deceived by black anarchists and thugs.

Amen! Another Martin Luther King Jr. would be great, only I don't know if they would let such a person get much publicity these days. MLK's message was too much one of peace, which #2 in the OP seems to allude to as not central to the BLM message.

But I am believing God that He is going to be raising up some incredibly powerful black men - young black men - as spiritual leaders in the times ahead, and they are going to be a force for great good, not only for the black community but for the body of Christ as a whole.

Last edited:

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I regret to say, historyb, that you may be quoting from a fringe group, or a dummy psyops site designed to deceive.

Black Lives Matter's historic internet site is: blacklivesmatter.com

I sense your great hatred of black people. Consider again our faith: that we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. If Christ found it worthy to love us and to seek to give us the opportunity to repent of our sins and accept salvation, we should have patience towards each other.

Let us love one another as Christ has love us.
I'm curious about why you think the article quoted above is from a fringe group. It appears in The Christian Post, which seems to be a legitimate publication. I haven't compared what this article says with the BLM site you posted, but have you? Has the author of the article misquoted the BLM organization?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But I am believing God that He is going to be raising up some incredibly powerful black men - young black men - as spiritual leaders in the times ahead, and they are going to be a force for great good, not only for the black community but for the body of Christ as a whole.
Well there is Kanye West, and another young man whose name I forget. They are not in bondage to the lies of the Democratic machine.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nah, nah, nah. Too strong. This is a new member here, and he seems to have a good heart.
Just ease up a little. It's ok for us to have a difference of opinion.
I'd like to see people ease up on pulling these kinds of things out of the hat, "I sense you have a great hatred . . ." don't we have enough nonsense on here already?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We shall be known by our fruits, historyb. I reach out to you, sir and regret not having you as my friend.
And you do this by accusing him of having "a great hatred for black people"? Telling someone they are racist is your way of reaching out? I'd give that some thought.

I'd give some thought to an apology as well.

Much love!

bukka

Jun 7, 2020
Western North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm curious about why you think the article quoted above is from a fringe group. It appears in The Christian Post, which seems to be a legitimate publication. I haven't compared what this article says with the BLM site you posted, but have you? Has the author of the article misquoted the BLM organization?

Where and when did this site appear, Prayer Warrior? It seems to lack the organizational focus and advocacy of the site that I posted. That in itself makes it suspect. The Christian Post may have been in error.

Everyone is advised to check things out. There is a lot of false information being floated about in the media as you well know.

Let us love one another as Christ has loved us. In that we shall surely walk in the Lord.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My emotions runs deep and he insulted me. Since you ask I will by putting him on ignore, I just can't believe anyone who supports an organization that wants to kill babies and allow sin to reign supreme in the guise of homosexuality is anyway a real Christian. I am sorry to you if I caused you to be upset @Hidden In Him .
Someone defends a racist group, and calls you a racist. There ya' go!

Much love!

bukka

Jun 7, 2020
Western North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you do this by accusing him of having "a great hatred for black people"? Telling someone they are racist is your way of reaching out? I'd give that some thought.

I'd give some thought to an apology as well.

Much love!

Thank you, marks. I don't think he wants my apology. His malice seems to me manifest. He strongly dislikes human rights advocacy. Don't you see the malice in these and other posts by historyb? Hidden In Him has advised about being preemptory in judgement, and I would be sorry for any sin I have committed in respect to him. I do not have any malice towards him. I ask that he accord me the same measure that he would measure towards himself.

If Christ died for us as we were yet sinners, ought we not have more patience towards one another? Let us walk in the way of the Lord.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where and when did this site appear, Prayer Warrior? It seems to lack the organizational focus and advocacy of the site that I posted. That in itself makes it suspect. The Christian Post may have been in error.
Which site are you referring to? Do you mean the site mentioned in the bio of the author who wrote the article in The Christian Post?

Here is the brief bio of the author that follows the article.

Ryan Bomberger is the Chief Creative Officer and co-founder of The Radiance Foundation. He is happily married to his best friend, Bethany, who is the Executive Director of Radiance. They are adoptive parents with four awesome kiddos. Ryan is an Emmy Award-winning creative professional, factivist, international public speaker and author of NOT EQUAL: CIVIL RIGHTS GONE WRONG. He loves illuminating that every human life has purpose.​

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ease up please. New member.
Yes, I understand @bukka is a new member, and I think it's a good idea to promote good standards, don't you? Or if you think my post should be reported you can do that.

This is of course an open forum. We are all free to speak our minds. Mine is that if we claim we have love, let us actually treat each other with love. So calling the meeting to order, even if there are new members, and even if because of those new member, that we can clean up our collective act and not mistreat others, is that not love?

Your desire to quiet others is prolonging this.

Besides, someone who comes out swinging doesn't really need protecting I don't think.

Love is, as love does, wouldn't you say?

Much love!

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Besides, someone who comes out swinging doesn't really need protecting I don't think.

Exactly, he came here for a fight and no doubt a liberal BLM hating Christian plant. I can tell you when I was new no one eased up on me and this guy deserves no different.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly, he came here for a fight and no doubt a liberal BLM hating Christian plant. I can tell you when I was new no one eased up on me and this guy deserves no different.
I think we all should give our best and highest no matter what.

This can be a pretty rough forum sometimes! But love hopes all things.

Much love!

bukka

Jun 7, 2020
Western North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which site are you referring to? Do you mean the site mentioned in the bio of the author who wrote the article in The Christian Post?

Here is the brief bio of the author that follows the article.

Ryan Bomberger is the Chief Creative Officer and co-founder of The Radiance Foundation. He is happily married to his best friend, Bethany, who is the Executive Director of Radiance. They are adoptive parents with four awesome kiddos. Ryan is an Emmy Award-winning creative professional, factivist, international public speaker and author of NOT EQUAL: CIVIL RIGHTS GONE WRONG. He loves illuminating that every human life has purpose.​

Thank you for your posting, Prayer Warrior. The site that is the historic Black Lives Matter site is blacklivesmatter.com. The site that historyb quoted from is from a fringe site, most likely a psyops site that is meant to deceive. From the bio of Ryan Bomberger, that you've quoted, it appears that the site is meant to subvert civil rights advocacy and the meaning of Black Lives Matter.

As I've stated in this thread in other places, let us love one another as Christ has loved us. Let us have patience towards each other.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Drawing mostly from those positions, here are the top ten reasons why I will never support the #BlackLivesMatter movement.

2. There is no goal of forgiveness or reconciliation. None. It’s never mentioned on their sites. You can’t talk about the sins of the past and expect to move forward if there is no intention of forgiveness. I’m tired of the color-based oppressed/oppressor critical race theory paradigm. It’s not Gospel-centered. This should, immediately, be a deal-breaker for Christians.

4. They heavily promote homosexuality and transgenderism. “We foster a queer‐affirming network. When we gather, we do so with the intention of freeing ourselves from the tight grip of heteronormative thinking.” I’m not embracing confusion. The Bible is unambiguous about sexuality. Loving every human being is not the same as loving every human doing.

5. They completely ignore fatherhood. From BLMF: “We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and ‘villages’ that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.” Well, every “village” that has fatherless families is a village that suffers higher crime rates, higher drug usage, higher abortion rates, higher drop-out rates, higher poverty rates, and so much more. #DadsMatter.

6. They demand reparations. Ok. Sooooo, I guess the white half of me will have to pay the black half of me? If progressives want to push reparations, start with the Party of Slavery and Jim Crow — the Democrat Party! Let them ante up. But the #BlackLivesMatter movement bizarrely demands: “Reparations for…full and free access for all Black people (including undocumented and currently and formerly incarcerated people) to lifetime education…retroactive forgiveness of student loans, and support for lifetime learning programs.” Uhhh, good luck with that.

7. They want to abolish prisons and police forces. And…cue utter chaos. MFBL asserts: “We believe that prisons, police and all other institutions that inflict violence on Black people must be abolished…” Defund and remove the police have been rallying cries. That would be anarchy in any community. I advocate some needed police reforms, including more accountability and better community/police relations, but this is just foolishness.

8. They are anti-capitalism. Oh the irony of this declaration made by a movement that is the result of capitalism: “We are anti-capitalist. We believe and understand that Black people will never achieve liberation under the current global racialized capitalist system.” The videos that make us aware of police brutality are captured on phones that are a result of capitalism. The best way to elevate people out of material poverty? Capitalism. This system is why the United States is the most charitable nation.

10. Apparently, not all black lives matter. Pro-abortion BLMF declared: “We deserve and thus we demand reproductive justice [aka abortion] that gives us autonomy over our bodies and our identities while ensuring that our children and families are supported, safe, and able to thrive.” Aborted children don’t thrive. BLM groups announced “solidarity” with “reproductive justice” groups back in February 2015. You cannot simultaneously fight violence while celebrating it.

Do all black lives matter?

I'm posting this from the BLM official website:

What We Believe

Four years ago, what is now known as the Black Lives Matter Global Network began to organize. It started out as a chapter-based, member-led organization whose mission was to build local power and to intervene when violence was inflicted on Black communities by the state and vigilantes.

In the years since, we’ve committed to struggling together and to imagining and creating a world free of anti-Blackness, where every Black person has the social, economic, and political power to thrive.

Black Lives Matter began as a call to action in response to state-sanctioned violence and anti-Black racism. Our intention from the very beginning was to connect Black people from all over the world who have a shared desire for justice to act together in their communities. The impetus for that commitment was, and still is, the rampant and deliberate violence inflicted on us by the state.

Enraged by the death of Trayvon Martin and the subsequent acquittal of his killer, George Zimmerman, and inspired by the 31-day takeover of the Florida State Capitol by POWER U and the Dream Defenders, we took to the streets. A year later, we set out together on the Black Lives Matter Freedom Ride to Ferguson, in search of justice for Mike Brown and all of those who have been torn apart by state-sanctioned violence and anti-Black racism. Forever changed, we returned home and began building the infrastructure for the Black Lives Matter Global Network, which, even in its infancy, has become a political home for many.

Ferguson helped to catalyze a movement to which we’ve all helped give life. Organizers who call this network home have ousted anti-Black politicians, won critical legislation to benefit Black lives, and changed the terms of the debate on Blackness around the world. Through movement and relationship building, we have also helped catalyze other movements and shifted culture with an eye toward the dangerous impacts of anti-Blackness.

These are the results of our collective efforts.

The Black Lives Matter Global Network is as powerful as it is because of our membership, our partners, our supporters, our staff, and you. Our continued commitment to liberation for all Black people means we are continuing the work of our ancestors and fighting for our collective freedom because it is our duty.

Every day, we recommit to healing ourselves and each other, and to co-creating alongside comrades, allies, and family a culture where each person feels seen, heard, and supported.

We acknowledge, respect, and celebrate differences and commonalities.

We work vigorously for freedom and justice for Black people and, by extension, all people.

We intentionally build and nurture a beloved community that is bonded together through a beautiful struggle that is restorative, not depleting.

We are unapologetically Black in our positioning. In affirming that Black Lives Matter, we need not qualify our position. To love and desire freedom and justice for ourselves is a prerequisite for wanting the same for others.

We see ourselves as part of the global Black family, and we are aware of the different ways we are impacted or privileged as Black people who exist in different parts of the world.

We are guided by the fact that all Black lives matter, regardless of actual or perceived sexual identity, gender identity, gender expression, economic status, ability, disability, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, immigration status, or location.

We make space for transgender brothers and sisters to participate and lead.

We are self-reflexive and do the work required to dismantle cisgender privilege and uplift Black trans folk, especially Black trans women who continue to be disproportionately impacted by trans-antagonistic violence.

We build a space that affirms Black women and is free from sexism, misogyny, and environments in which men are centered.

We practice empathy. We engage comrades with the intent to learn about and connect with their contexts.

We make our spaces family-friendly and enable parents to fully participate with their children. We dismantle the patriarchal practice that requires mothers to work “double shifts” so that they can mother in private even as they participate in public justice work.

We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.

We foster a queer‐affirming network. When we gather, we do so with the intention of freeing ourselves from the tight grip of heteronormative thinking, or rather, the belief that all in the world are heterosexual (unless s/he or they disclose otherwise).

We cultivate an intergenerational and communal network free from ageism. We believe that all people, regardless of age, show up with the capacity to lead and learn.

We embody and practice justice, liberation, and peace in our engagements with one another.

Link: What We Believe - Black Lives Matter

Reactions: marks