Do all Christians receive the same Heavenly reward(s)?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are NO Rewards in heaven but life everlasting!

Luke 18:28-30 reads:

28 Then Peter said, Lo, we have left all, and followed thee.
29 And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or parents, or brethren, or wife, or children, for the kingdom of God’s sake,
30 Who shall not receive manifold more in this present time, and in the world to come life everlasting.

PROOF NO REWARDS

Luke 17:10

So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do.

Revelation 22:12

And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward [the wages of sin is death] is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

My two cents worth.

To God Be The Glory

Thanks. I didn’t mean to imply that Bob Barker is going to greet us when we arrive and hand out new cars, televisions, and fabulous vacations.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks. I didn’t mean to imply that Bob Barker is going to greet us when we arrive and hand out new cars, televisions, and fabulous vacations.

I'm afraid you have misunderstood the gist of what Jesus have declared as opposed to what Bob Barker can offer.

There are no other rewards in heaven except Eternal Life which is the ultimate and far greater gift/reward man will ever receive!

To God Be The Glory

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then what did Jesus mean when he said that we should build our treasure in Heaven?

First you must define what treasure is Jesus talking about!

Is He speaking about monetary treasures or spiritual treasures? As in Matthew 21:19; Mark 10:21; and Luke 18:22?

Do you have any idea why these Scripture verses are repeated three times and only in the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, and Luke?

To God Be The Glory

NayborBear

Jan 21, 2020
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then what did Jesus mean when he said that we should build our treasure in Heaven?

For some it may be like this:
Isaiah 28:18
And your covenant with death shall be disannulled, and your agreement with hell shall not stand; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, then ye shall be trodden down by it.

For some it may be like this:
Luke 19:17
And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities.

For ALL believers it should be like this:
1 Peter 2:
5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
12 Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.

IOW? A good work heard gathers treasures in heaven, whereas, a good work seen gathers treasures on earth and heaven. SOMETIMES! :)

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
A rock of offence.
That's a hard one. Most people want to roll out the red carpet and do everything in their, I say THEIR power to save everyone.
To be a rock of offence. Defending the Truth. Willing to be critized and still stand your ground.
Unswerving in ones faith and beliefs regardless of the opposition.

A stone of stumbling.
We have this new religion called "Woke" culture.
We need to have people stumbling over this and set the course back on the right track.

Debate it, demand answers to their Critical Race Theory, Challenge them, Refute them.

Ye also as lively stones...
We are the rocks in David's sling.
The world is Goliath.

I know, I know.. live peaceably among all men.
I try to fall in that catagory everyday.
But there comes a time when we have to stand for what is right, and get on our knees and PRAY.

A stone of stumbling and a rock of offence.
Sometimes we are the weapons in God's tool chest.
As well as the healers.

I never really looked at that verse before.

When communism takes over America and the world,
the days for standing will be over.
And you will be made to kneel to China.

Upon this rock...
Was Peter a rock of offence and a stone of stumbling to the religious establishment of his day?
How about Paul and John.
Even the women Priscilla , Phoebe, Lydia, Drusilla, Bernice..

just an observation.
Hugs

Riverwalker

Apr 20, 2021
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The ultimate reward is eternal life.
But the bible mentions that our works will be tested and a reward will follow

1 Cor 3:10 According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it. 11 For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, 13 each one’s work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one’s work, of what sort it is. 14 If anyone’s work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward. 15 If anyone’s work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.

This is separate from salvation as you can see even if everything is burned you will still be saved

The best interpretation I have ever heard about it is this:

Or works will be tested and we will receive a crown testifying of all the good works that survived that testing fire. And that is the crown we will take to Jesus and say.....this is what I did for you.

I cannot imagine a better reward than that

NayborBear

Jan 21, 2020
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A rock of offence.
That's a hard one. Most people want to roll out the red carpet and do everything in their, I say THEIR power to save everyone.
To be a rock of offence. Defending the Truth. Willing to be critized and still stand your ground.
Unswerving in ones faith and beliefs regardless of the opposition.

A stone of stumbling.
We have this new religion called "Woke" culture.
We need to have people stumbling over this and set the course back on the right track.

Debate it, demand answers to their Critical Race Theory, Challenge them, Refute them.

Ye also as lively stones...
We are the rocks in David's sling.
The world is Goliath.

I know, I know.. live peaceably among all men.
I try to fall in that catagory everyday.
But there comes a time when we have to stand for what is right, and get on our knees and PRAY.

A stone of stumbling and a rock of offence.
Sometimes we are the weapons in God's tool chest.
As well as the healers.

I never really looked at that verse before.

When communism takes over America and the world,
the days for standing will be over.
And you will be made to kneel to China.

Upon this rock...
Was Peter a rock of offence and a stone of stumbling to the religious establishment of his day?
How about Paul and John.
Even the women Priscilla , Phoebe, Lydia, Drusilla, Bernice..

just an observation.
Hugs

It seems there are many believers that, for lack of a better way to put it? Take this verse too selfishly when it comes to protecting and defending anything, or anyone, other then their family.
Matthew 26:52
Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.

To the point where, and this is becoming more and more evident, that "Caesar" (aka the government), has, and hopefully, not irretrievably, pounded a wedge between church/God and state! To the point, mind ya, where they are now oppressing and bully upon, all "law abiding believers", laws that supersede God, and His law!

This didn't happen overnight!

The Church doesn't need revival!
It needs a rubber meeting the road blood and guts "grass root" CRUSADE!

And, I don't think I'm the only one that feels this way either!

Luke 22:36
Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and HE THAT HATH NO SWORD, let him sell his garment, and BUY ONE.

A "coward" dies a THOUSAND deaths! A noble man? BUT ONE!

Of course "YOU'RE" not at war with "THEM!"
"THEY'RE" at WAR with "YOU!"

"I'm at war with "THEM!"

Luke 12:
51 Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:
52 For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three.
53 The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
56 Ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky and of the earth; but how is it that ye do not discern this time?
57 Yea, and why even of yourselves judge ye not what is right?

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems there are many believers that, for lack of a better way to put it? Take this verse too selfishly when it comes to protecting and defending anything, or anyone, other then their family.
Matthew 26:52
Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.

To the point where, and this is becoming more and more evident, that "Caesar" (aka the government), has, and hopefully, not irretrievably, pounded a wedge between church/God and state! To the point, mind ya, where they are now oppressing and bully upon, all "law abiding believers", laws that supersede God, and His law!

This didn't happen overnight!

The Church doesn't need revival!
It needs a rubber meeting the road blood and guts "grass root" CRUSADE!

And, I don't think I'm the only one that feels this way either!

Luke 22:36
Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and HE THAT HATH NO SWORD, let him sell his garment, and BUY ONE.

A "coward" dies a THOUSAND deaths! A noble man? BUT ONE!

Of course "YOU'RE" not at war with "THEM!"
"THEY'RE" at WAR with "YOU!"

"I'm at war with "THEM!"

Luke 12:
51 Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:
52 For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three.
53 The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
56 Ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky and of the earth; but how is it that ye do not discern this time?
57 Yea, and why even of yourselves judge ye not what is right?

And it has nothing to do with flesh and blood. This isn't a physical war, it's demonic.
We are in a battle over our souls. Our thinking, our feelings.
They use heavy persuasion tactics and lies to manipulate us.

They use fear.

We stand with TOUGH LOVE

They can only kill the body if you resist.
They can steal your soul if you don't.
And I'm not talking physical resistance.
Hold on to what you know is true.
Don't believe the crap their putting on your plate.
The color of your skin is irrelevant with God.
It's what's in your heart that matters.

We are not hateful, yet they will try to make us hate.
We are not violent, yet they promote violence.
We are peacekeepers, they provoke you to break your peace.

You don't need to carry a gun, you need to carry the Word of God
You don't need to hide, you need to STAND on the ROCK.

Fighting in this sense is not violence.
It is standing strong and not being bullied into believing things that are false.
If we don't "FIGHT" , Fight for Faith, for Love, for Humanity..
then why are we here?

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe that there are varying degrees of "privilege" in Heaven? In other words, do you believe that someone who was beheaded for proselytizing about Jesus will have a nicer "pad" (so to speak) than typical followers of Christ?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And it has nothing to do with flesh and blood. This isn't a physical war, it's demonic.

They use fear.

We stand with TOUGH LOVE

It is standing strong and not being bullied into believing things that are false.
then why are we here?
Ziggy, why do you think it is that there is much talk about peace in Christianity yet they promote a violent God....even one who burns folk forever?

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or does their reward(s) vary based on how close they are to Jesus?

I'm going to take a guess that our reward varies upon first reaching Heaven but that, over time, we can all attain the same level of glory.

Let me make an analogy using the game Candy Land. In Candy Land, everyone starts at the beginning and, eventually, reaches the end of the trail and is declared the winner. Well, my guess is that, when we die, we go into Heaven and most start at or near the beginning. However, some Christians, who have exemplified what it means to walk in the footsteps of Christ, start further along the path of becoming one with God. The closer we get to God, the more we feel his love and glory, which is its own reward.

Any thoughts?
Matthew 25 (Parable of the Talents) clearly teaches that the rewards are not the same, and Paul teaches the Corinthians that "each man's work will be tested" 1 Corinthians 3:13 and that their rewards will be determined by the quality of their works and whether they withstand the "test of fire" at the judgment or not--beyond this, Romans 2:6-16 also says eternal life is repaid according to our deeds along with Galatians 6:6-10 which is in keeping with the same Parable of the Talents in Matthew 25:26.

Reactions: K9Buck

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 25 (Parable of the Talents) clearly teaches that the rewards are not the same, and Paul teaches the Corinthians that "each man's work will be tested" 1 Corinthians 3:13 and that their rewards will be determined by the quality of their works and whether they withstand the "test of fire" at the judgment or not--beyond this, Romans 2:6-16 also says eternal life is repaid according to our deeds along with Galatians 6:6-10 which is in keeping with the same Parable of the Talents in Matthew 25:26.

Thanks.

Essentially, some have it better than others in Heaven, right? In other words, some neighborhoods are better than others in Heaven.

Do you believe that average souls can eventually live in the same neighborhood as God?

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks.

Essentially, some have it better than others in Heaven, right? In other words, some neighborhoods are better than others in Heaven.
I never said I understood how it worked out, I simply pointed to what Scripture said about whether rewards were the same.

Do you believe that average souls can eventually live in the same neighborhood as God?

We live with God now--we are God's home.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ziggy, why do you think it is that there is much talk about peace in Christianity yet they promote a violent God....even one who burns folk forever?
I believe the error is in people's understandings and translations.
I believe some authorities teach "fear" to keep the people in line.
If everyone displayed peace there would be no need of fear.
But those who are in control don't want peace, they want power.
And they know the people will revolt.
I believe God is love.
And when bad people are tossed in the lake of fire, it's like putting a cup of cold water on burning embers.
To us it is refreshing, to others it is torment.

Watch this:
Pro 25:21 If thine enemy be hungry, give him bread to eat; and if he be thirsty, give him water to drink:
Pro 25:22 For thou shalt heap coals of fire upon his head, and the LORD shall reward thee.

Who goes into the lake of fire? Enemies.
But they are not greatful for bread and water, it makes them wrathful.
Who is causing the violence?
God who gives rain on the evil and the good, or the ones who revolt against the rain?

Those who promote violence aren't God's.
That's my belief.
Hugs

NayborBear

Jan 21, 2020
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

They use fear.

We stand with TOUGH LOVE

then why are we here?

Ziggy, yer post made me think of this story:

A young Marine had just served his country and decided to go back to college. He was taking a hard class taught by a proclaimed atheist.

After almost a semester of religious intolerance, the Marine wasn’t surprised at all when the teacher stood on a box and said “God, if you exist, knock me off this box. I’ll give you fifteen minutes.”

Fourteen minutes went by, and the teacher said: “I’m waiting!”

The Marine got out of his desk, knocked the teacher in the head with the book.

“What was that for?” the professor asked when he came to.

The Marine replied innocently, “God’s busy protecting our soldiers who are protecting your rights to act like an idiot, so he sent me.”

IOW?
There's tough love?
Then, there's TOUGH LOVE!:)

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or does their reward(s) vary based on how close they are to Jesus?

I'm going to take a guess that our reward varies upon first reaching Heaven but that, over time, we can all attain the same level of glory.

Let me make an analogy using the game Candy Land. In Candy Land, everyone starts at the beginning and, eventually, reaches the end of the trail and is declared the winner. Well, my guess is that, when we die, we go into Heaven and most start at or near the beginning. However, some Christians, who have exemplified what it means to walk in the footsteps of Christ, start further along the path of becoming one with God. The closer we get to God, the more we feel his love and glory, which is its own reward.

Any thoughts?
Rewards are given according to your works (good deeds). Obviously Mother Teresa and Billy Graham will get more than we do. Those who made their lives a living sacrifice, unselfish, loving others even more than themselves get more. My wife will get more than I. She is a giver, a servant. I am not as generous, don't love others AS I love myself - its difficult. Try loving your enemies, like a guy who just raped and murdered your daughter.
I can imagine this person full of LOVE standing up in the courtroom and pleading for them to have mercy and forgiveness for this person.
How about the 18 year old who just broke into a home, took the 4 year old boy, then stabbed him to death? Can they forgive him. Now that kind of love would be perfect. I don't have it. When I read that article, anger and hate fueled up in me. I told my wife if I was the Dad Is'd go into that courtroom with a plastic knife and end him. ??
Of course, that's just talk, a moment of anger that passes. I probably would, after prayer, realize that God will judge this person ..."Vengeance is Mine, says the Lord", and let it go. After a few minutes, I thought the only way one could forgive that boy is that you know your son is with the Lord and that you will see him soon and that she doesn't have to suffer in this cruel world like the rest of us.
That is a challenge for those people, to love others AS ourselves, even our enemies; to sweep hot coals on them and be released from hate, feel the love of God and be at peace. Sorry, I sort of went off on a tangent.

Reactions: K9Buck