Do all Christians receive the same Heavenly reward(s)?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The best interpretation I have ever heard about it is this:

Or works will be tested and we will receive a crown testifying of all the good works that survived that testing fire. And that is the crown we will take to Jesus and say.....this is what I did for you.

I cannot imagine a better reward than that[
/QUOTE]

I'm afraid many Christians have misunderstood and misinterpreted 1 Corinthians 3:10-15.

According to the language of verse 10 already we can see that 1 Corinthians 3 is speaking of spiritual things. For instance, all believers are builders in the sense that we are commanded to preach the Gospel to all nations of the world just as Paul is a wise master builder. As he laid out the foundation, he also warned every man that he should build the foundation on the Lord Jesus.

Verse 12 are those believers [gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble] who think they are saved but are not!

Verses 9 and 10 are the answers to verse 13

Verse 15 speaks of witnessing! The answer? verses 8 and 9 and Matthew 28:19-20.

Verse 14 if isolated from Bible IT SEEMS we will receive a reward, but NOT according to Luke 17:10; 18:29-30 [in this life].

To God Be The Glory

Last edited:

Vid

May 12, 2021
France
stephanepautrot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
France
I'm going to take a guess that our reward varies upon first reaching Heaven
Same here. This is how I understand John 14:2.

I'm going to take a guess that our reward varies upon first reaching Heaven but that, over time, we can all attain the same level of glory.
I believe that our journey to be closer to God doesn't end when we leave this existence.
Same here but I don't know any Bible verse supporting this view.

Reactions: K9Buck

tsr

Feb 2, 2021
04/20/47
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are two schools of thought when it comes to whether or not the believer will receive rewards in heaven based on what he or she did here on earth. One view holds that all believers will enjoy the same, or similar, existence in heaven; there will be no ranking or any other means of hierarchy in the afterlife.

The opposing viewpoint posits that those who have been extra faithful in this life will be graded, and thus enjoy extra benefits, on how faithfully they served God in this life. For instance, if a believer lives as close to a perfect life as he or she possibly can, that person will receive extra blessings in heaven.

Both viewpoints are based on an understanding of certain Bible verses and passages.

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 3:2

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I reject the notion that Heaven will have some sort of permanent "underclass".

I think it's like this.

God is the light; God is the source. When we get to Heaven, we will be at varying degrees of "closeness" to God. Getting closer to God is its own reward. Think of it as a warm campfire on a cool evening. The closer you get, the warmer and better one feels. Some of us start further out from God than others, but ALL of us can and will eventually be close to God.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or does their reward(s) vary based on how close they are to Jesus?

I'm going to take a guess that our reward varies upon first reaching Heaven but that, over time, we can all attain the same level of glory.

Let me make an analogy using the game Candy Land. In Candy Land, everyone starts at the beginning and, eventually, reaches the end of the trail and is declared the winner. Well, my guess is that, when we die, we go into Heaven and most start at or near the beginning. However, some Christians, who have exemplified what it means to walk in the footsteps of Christ, start further along the path of becoming one with God. The closer we get to God, the more we feel his love and glory, which is its own reward.

Any thoughts?

Thought about this?

Would agree with you that their are rewards ~
Here are some more scriptures dealing with reward. Rewards: Reward - Thompson Chain Reference -

NayborBear

Jan 21, 2020
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I think it's like this.

God is the light; God is the source. When we get to Heaven, we will be at varying degrees of "closeness" to God. Getting closer to God is its own reward. Think of it as a warm campfire on a cool evening. The closer you get, the warmer and better one feels. Some of us start further out from God than others, but ALL of us can and will eventually be close to God.

My question to yer post would be: "Why wait til we get to heaven?"
1 Corinthians 3:
9 For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.

1 Peter 2:5
Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

John 14:2
In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

1 John 2:27
But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

I believe what adds or detracts from what you call "varying degrees of closeness" (I call it levels of access and authority...same thing), is as/IF one matures and grows away from milk, towards Spiritual meat?
There are so many instances when we grieve the Holy Spirit gets and we aren't even aware what's been done.
Solution?
Just apologize to the Holy Spirit! NOT in Jesus' name, or any other name, cuz that would be praying to the Holy Spirit, and that is a definite NO NO!

And, if that means going around all day constantly apologizing to the Holy Spirit for grieving it?
"The world" hates it, and will hate you for doing it too! Why?
Cuz it shames them who do this:
Isaiah 28:15
Because ye have said, We have made a covenant with death, and with hell are we at agreement; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, it shall not come unto us: for we have made lies our refuge, and under falsehood have we hid ourselves:

Ezekiel 13:
6 They have seen vanity and lying divination, saying, The Lord saith: and the Lord hath not sent them: and they have made others to hope that they would confirm the word.
10 Because, even because they have seduced my people, saying, Peace; and there was no peace; and one built up a wall, and, lo, others daubed it with untempered morter:
13 Therefore thus saith the Lord God; I will even rend it with a stormy wind in my fury; and there shall be an overflowing shower in mine anger, and great hailstones in my fury to consume it.
14 So will I break down the wall that ye have daubed with untempered morter, and bring it down to the ground, so that the foundation thereof shall be discovered, and it shall fall, and ye shall be consumed in the midst thereof: and ye shall know that I am the Lord. (can you say woke/cancel culture?)

Luke 22:36
Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I think it's like this.

Our rewards in heaven are based on our works on earth.

Jesus said some will be the least, and some will be the greatest, in heaven.

The martyrs reward is the highest reward in heaven.

Scripture says some Christians refused deliverance so they would receive the martyrs reward.

Shalom.

Last edited:
Reactions: K9Buck

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our rewards in heaven are based on our works on earth.

Jesus said some will be the least, and some will be the greatest, in heaven.

The martyrs reward is the highest reward in heaven.

Scripture says some Christians refused deliverance so they would receive the martyrs reward.

Shalom.

Thank you for the enlightenment. I stand corrected. God bless you.

Reactions: Curtis

Mark51

Nov 8, 2020
BROOKLYN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Let me make an analogy using the game Candy Land. In Candy Land, everyone starts at the beginning and, eventually, reaches the end of the trail and is declared the winner. Well, my guess is that, when we die, we go into Heaven and most start at or near the beginning. However, some Christians, who have exemplified what it means to walk in the footsteps of Christ, start further along the path of becoming one with God. The closer we get to God, the more we feel his love and glory, which is its own reward.

Any thoughts?
Revelation chapter 7 mentions two groups of sheep. First, the 144,000 “sealed out of every tribe of the sons of Israel.” (Revelation 7:4) Comparing Revelation 14:1-5 shows that the 144,000 are “bought from the earth,” to become “firstfruits to God.” (See Luke 12:32; John 14:2-4) They will be part of the first resurrection and rule with Christ. (Revelation 5:10; 20:6) These, therefore, are the ones who will reign in heaven with Christ.-Galatians 6:16; 2 Timothy 4:18.

The second group is “…a great crowd, which no man was able to number…,” who “…come out of the great tribulation….” (John 10:16; Revelation 7:9, 14) Those determined to be “meek ones” and “upright” will “possess the earth” forever. They “will be left over in it.” (Psalms 37:11, 22, 29, 34; Proverbs 2:21; Matthew 5:5) Compare: Psalms 78:69; 104:5; 115:16; Isaiah 45:18; Ecclesiastes 1:4.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Any thoughts?
sounds rooted in Eastern thought ie, pagan

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes rewards will be given.

Each their own measure.