Do all Christians receive the same Heavenly reward(s)?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or does their reward(s) vary based on how close they are to Jesus?

I'm going to take a guess that our reward varies upon first reaching Heaven but that, over time, we can all attain the same level of glory.

Let me make an analogy using the game Candy Land. In Candy Land, everyone starts at the beginning and, eventually, reaches the end of the trail and is declared the winner. Well, my guess is that, when we die, we go into Heaven and most start at or near the beginning. However, some Christians, who have exemplified what it means to walk in the footsteps of Christ, start further along the path of becoming one with God. The closer we get to God, the more we feel his love and glory, which is its own reward.

Any thoughts?

Reactions: shortangel

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'm going to take a guess that our reward varies upon first reaching Heaven but that, over time, we can all attain the same level of glory.

Let me make an analogy using the game Candy Land. In Candy Land, everyone starts at the beginning and, eventually, reaches the end of the trail and is declared the winner. Well, my guess is that, when we die, we go into Heaven and most start at or near the beginning. However, some Christians, who have exemplified what it means to walk in the footsteps of Christ, start further along the path of becoming one with God. The closer we get to God, the more we feel his love and glory, which is its own reward.

Any thoughts?

There are different levels of rewards in heaven.

The martyrs reward is the top reward in heaven.

Each level of reward gets a crown.

Works of believers are judged at the Bema seat - the works they did such as giving to or helping the poor and needy, and motives for the good done are also examined.

Good works done out of wrong motives won’t be counted.

Many who are thought to be first in heaven because of their earthly ministry will be last in heaven, and many considered last on earth will be first in heaven.

Good works from wrong motives are burned up during the Bema seat judgment.

Whatever level of reward you enter heaven with, you’re stuck with for eternity.

Shalom.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the book Job, it shows that rewards can can come and go. Just keep your faith in the lord and don't worry about it.
That’s on earth, not in heaven.

When one dies their fate, and rewards, are sealed.

Shalom.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Any thoughts?
the reward is LIFE....and what is its nature? “Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him.” 1 Corinthians 2:9

Last edited:

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
transcendiary.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whatever level of reward you enter heaven with, you’re stuck with for eternity.
That is my read, too, but "stuck with" sounds almost like a punishment.
  1. There is no down-side about being in Heaven.
  2. I think that even our most ideal levels are going to be varied by how He made us.
Looking at The Parable of the Talents and The Parable of the Minas, I think that we contribute "due diligence" to the process, but He doesn't expect us all to have the same skill level. The latter is a built-in "ceiling" so-to-speak.

In the Parable of the Minas, He speaks of ruling over numbers of cities [of angels?].
This is comparable our natural form of government, with
  1. presidents/prime ministers,
  2. governors,
  3. county executives, &
  4. mayors.
Without due diligence, we will fall short of His ideal for us, but with it, we will only rise to the skill-level that He has given us (and should be content there). I still cannot see anyone being sad or ambitious in Heaven, though.

Last edited:

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is my read, too, but "stuck with" sounds almost like a punishment.
  1. There is no down-side about being in Heaven.
  2. It think that even our most ideal levels are going to be varied by how He made us.
Looking at The Parable of the Talents and The Parable of the Minas, I think that we contribute "due diligence" to the process, but He doesn't expect us all to have the same skill level. The latter is a built-in "ceiling" so-to-speak.

In the Parable of the Minas, He speaks of ruling over numbers of cities [of angels?].
This is comparable our natural form of government, with
  1. presidents/prime ministers,
  2. governors,
  3. county executives, &
  4. mayors.
Without due diligence, we will fall short of His ideal for us, but with it, we will only rise to the skill-level that He has given us (and should be content there). I still cannot see anyone being sad or ambitious in Heaven, though.

Many of the rewards don’t really involve skill - the martyrs reward is the highest reward, and helping the needy gets rewarded, etc, with the caveat that all good works done for wrong motives, loses any reward.

That’s what it means that our works are tried by fire - good works done with selfless motive remain as if they’re gold, while works done with selfish motives burn up like hay or wood..

1Co 3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

1Co 3:14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

1Co 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Shalom.

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the reward is LIFE....and what is its nature? “Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him.” 1 Corinthians 2:9

Do you believe that our learning continues even after death? Or maybe we are made perfect and then become all-knowing like Christ???

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do you believe that our learning continues even after death? Or maybe we are made perfect and then become all-knowing like Christ???
when we die we are dead.....we go nowhere. There is no consciousness of any sort. The scripture calls this the first death or a sleep.....till all who have trusted in Jesus hear the voice of the life giver when Jesus returns in the clouds. The scripture calls this the first resurrection.

The second resurrection is reserved for the wicked at a later stage where they will hear the voice of the lifesaver and awake to receive the sentence of perpetual death.....the scripture calls this the second death.

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It would seem our rewards are based on our work in service to God.
One example.
2 Corinthians 5:10 ESV
For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil."

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
when we die we are dead.....we go nowhere. There is no consciousness of any sort.

Do you believe the accounts of people who claim to have "died" and who claim that they met Jesus and/or past loves ones?

Or what about this?

Within a week of my father passing away, he appeared to me while I was sleeping and let me know that he was alive and well and that he had died of a stroke. While I was asleep when he visited me, it was no dream.

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It would seem our rewards are based on our work in service to God.
One example.
2 Corinthians 5:10 ESV
For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil."

This is my take on this. Let's take someone who has lived a full life that is very pleasing to God. And let's say that this person was extremely generous to others with their time and money. When they get to Heaven, they find themselves in a place that is much closer to God than most others find themselves.

When lesser souls arrive in Heaven, they learn and understand why they are where they are. They also understand why the aforementioned soul is closer to God. Perhaps they even get to view all of the wonderful deeds that the other did while they were on Earth. Upon seeing them, they are duly impressed and admire the person and, accordingly, strive to be more like them.

As they also grow in the spirit, they too will gradually become closer to God.

I don't believe that our growth stops when we get to Heaven. I believe that we continue to learn and that we continue to progress toward oneness with God.

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
when we die we are dead.....we go nowhere. There is no consciousness of any sort. The scripture calls this the first death or a sleep.....till all who have trusted in Jesus hear the voice of the life giver when Jesus returns in the clouds. The scripture calls this the first resurrection.

Assuming that your understanding is accurate, at what point do we go to Heaven?

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rewards?

We screwed up. We recieve Grace. and still expect rewards?
I'll be happy if I can just sit st his feet and listen, like Mary.
Or work in the garden, or stand within the gate.
What could you possibly want or need when you have been given everything?

Reactions: shortangel and Azim

Gary Urban

Apr 20, 2021
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Could there be a higher reward that the salvation of ones soul ?

Jesus say marvel not but rather believe. Faithless wondering is not beleiving . Those who do look for rewards here on earth glorying in the flesh already have it

Matthew 6:2 Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do you believe the accounts of people who claim to have "died" and who claim that they met Jesus and/or past loves ones?

Or what about this?

Within a week of my father passing away, he appeared to me while I was sleeping and let me know that he was alive and well and that he had died of a stroke. While I was asleep when he visited me, it was no dream.
Demons masquerade as departed loved ones.
Because Christianity at large believes in the immortality of the soul they have no defence when Spiritualism starts knocking on their door....they will believe the lies of demons masquerading as departed loved ones. These types of manifestations will increase in rapidly all around the world as Jesus return draws nearer.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are NO Rewards in heaven but life everlasting!

Luke 18:28-30 reads:

28 Then Peter said, Lo, we have left all, and followed thee.
29 And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or parents, or brethren, or wife, or children, for the kingdom of God’s sake,
30 Who shall not receive manifold more in this present time, and in the world to come life everlasting.

PROOF NO REWARDS

Luke 17:10

So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do.

Revelation 22:12

And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward [the wages of sin is death] is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

My two cents worth.

To God Be The Glory