Do forums increase your faith?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was on another "Christian " forum but it seemed there were more atheists and agnostics than Christians. Even most of the Christians there are evolutionists. It put me constantly defending my faith. On this forum the issue has been the deity of Christ. Does talking about these things increase your faith or cause you to doubt? Discussions about the Trinity and the deity of Christ have been run in the ground here. Do you find your faith strengthened by these conversations or does it cause you to doubt?

I don’t defend my faith. I stand in my faith, regardless if it is accepted or understood by others.

As far as forums;
Increased my faith? No.
Made me challenge my own faith? No
Curiosity causes me to read others posts.
What some say, that I find skeptical, I research that which they claim verifies their claim and beyond.
If their claiming source is not Scripture, skepticism remains.
If their claims are not inferred or expressed in Scripture, skepticism remains.
That is their burden to bear, Doesn’t effect me.

One can NOT believe for an other.
One can NOT force an other to believe.
One can NOT force an other to Commit to their belief.
One can NOT understand Gods Word, for an other.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: RLT63

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was on another "Christian " forum but it seemed there were more atheists and agnostics than Christians. Even most of the Christians there are evolutionists. It put me constantly defending my faith. On this forum the issue has been the deity of Christ. Does talking about these things increase your faith or cause you to doubt? Discussions about the Trinity and the deity of Christ have been run in the ground here. Do you find your faith strengthened by these conversations or does it cause you to doubt?
Well 2 months later I am still having the same arguments and no matter what evidence I present there is someone telling me why it's wrong. But I see all the evidence for the deity of Christ and I'm just amazed that they can't see it. I have found common ground with some who believe differently but still believe that Jesus is God. So I plan to keep posting, my faith is stronger than ever and God is answering prayers. I just got the NET Bible Full Notes Edition and the notes are phenomenal. I'm learning a lot and really enjoying studying.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Well 2 months later I am still having the same arguments and no matter what evidence I present there is someone telling me why it's wrong. But I see all the evidence for the deity of Christ and I'm just amazed that they can't see it.

The reason you can "see it" is because the Bible told you.

The people who can't see it, were told by someone, or by a commentary, or by their denomination.....and that is what has blocked their "seeing".

The Bible is alive.. Its living Light. It speaks to you, it reveals to you, and it hides from you its revelation, if you come to it with "learning" that you didn't learn from the word of God.

Look at this verse, Reader.

""""""When thou goest, it shall lead thee; when thou sleepest, it shall keep thee; and when thou awakest, it shall talk with thee."""""

See that?
That is the words in the BIBLE talking to you., leading you, keeping you on the path of LIGHT..

Now, Imagine some deceived fool standing there saying..>"well, this verse is better rendered in the "originals"...
Yet, there are no "originals"...... nor is there an "original" GREEK.
See that Bible Corrector?
He's a enemy of your FAITH.
Why?
Because this devil will have you doubting the word of God, and once you do, you are in a situation that can't find a Cure.

Listen,
Why are most "Versions" translated into ENGLISH?

Its because God's Foreknowledge knew that in the end times... and keep in mind, "end times to God" is hundreds of Human years, if not a Thousand.
So, God knew that ENGLISH would be the Language Currency of the WORLD, in the last days....

Look around.....
Its ENGLISH that is the universal language......and GOD knew this, long ago........that this would happen, = English Bibles are THE Bible.

God is interesting like that, as He knows the End.......from the Beginning..

And also..... speaking now about what is sort of "reversed", as we would think about it, regarding our natural minds... is... A person THINKS.....>"""ok, im saved.........now, let me go out and try to be good so that im saved."""
This would be a COMEDY if it was not such a tragic situation that finds most believer's in this broken faith situation.
A unbeliever would just think...>"they are just DUMB"...>How can the say they believe in Jesus, and yet they are trying to keep themselves saved"?
"thats just DUMB".

"""""Let me try to go out now and keep the commandments so that im saved.""""

See that, error in their understanding..?
They have no idea what the Cross of Christ has accomplished for them.

LOOK !!

SALVATION works like this... = YOU START, finished.
You begin, as the RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD..
You dont complete that READER.....you exit as that, for eternity., if you are born again.
All you do is work on your discipleship, but never do you work on your Salvation, as JESUS is your Salvation.

"but what about that verse that says to "work out your SALVATION".

That means YOU HAVE IT.....>NOW GO AND LEARN HOW TO EXIST IN IT, by CORRECT FAITH.

Most believers will die never understanding what i just wrote, but some will see it, and they will REJOICE in GOD's GIFT of SALVATiON and GOD's GIFT of Righteousness.

Last edited:
Reactions: dhh712 and RLT63

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No it does not but it does cause me to dig a little deeper in the Word.
Most of this worries me by how easily ppl can have their eyes darkened by the lies they hear and believe.

Reactions: dhh712 and RLT63

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well 2 months later I am still having the same arguments and no matter what evidence I present there is someone telling me why it's wrong. But I see all the evidence for the deity of Christ and I'm just amazed that they can't see it. I have found common ground with some who believe differently but still believe that Jesus is God. So I plan to keep posting, my faith is stronger than ever and God is answering prayers. I just got the NET Bible Full Notes Edition and the notes are phenomenal. I'm learning a lot and really enjoying studying.
IMHO there are too many threads started in a negative tone. Meaning the title has a provoking tone to it challenging members of other beliefs or doctrines to prove which one is correct.
And almost all topics end up in a "stalemate" because hardly anyone changes their mind about what they believe. Instead they defend their doctrines and attack yours.
And the insults, name calling, and belittling one another over what they interpret and understand scripture to mean.....SMH.

The Word of God should be discussed with joy, love, and peace among Christians.

There is nothing more refreshing and uplifting to a person's heart and soul than to hear/read an encouraging scripture, or sharing a testimony about what God has done in your life, and those who hear the testimony are strengthened in their faith by the hope that they gain from that.

Exhorting and Edifying one another is what so many members seek and hope to find when they join a forum.

I guess I better hush
Have a blessed night.

dhh712

Jun 12, 2022
Gettysburg
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Word of God should be discussed with joy, love, and peace among Christians.

There is nothing more refreshing and uplifting to a person's heart and soul than to hear/read an encouraging scripture, or sharing a testimony about what God has done in your life, and those who hear the testimony are strengthened in their faith by the hope that they gain from that.

Exhorting and Edifying one another is what so many members seek and hope to find when they join a forum.
Yes! This is exactly what a Christian forum should provide for believers, but sadly Satan has gotten a foothold in all the ones I've been too.

That's why I don't engage with those who choose to remain in darkness, or shortly thereafter I desist. It's just feeding the energy of the devil to engage.

Limit your participation to uplifting conversation, @RLT63 and those who are genuinely inquiring. I've found that by doing that, it is much more edifying to the believer's soul.

(And just to add, we surely have our differences in the "gray areas" of Christianity, but those things can be discussed politely; there's no need for the condescension and insults I often see here. And engaging with heart-hardened heretics is useless).

dhh712

Jun 12, 2022
Gettysburg
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
.... But I see all the evidence for the deity of Christ and I'm just amazed that they can't see it. ...So I plan to keep posting, my faith is stronger than ever and God is answering prayers. I just got the NET Bible Full Notes Edition and the notes are phenomenal. I'm learning a lot and really enjoying studying
It is pretty amazing that the devil blinds them so. Like I said before, the clear depictions of this in God's word are so numerous that those who believe this way need to black out so much of their Bible, they'll hardly have anything left. It's astounding how much the darkness has made their eyes glaze over at all these verses.

I'm happy you're abiding in Him! It's the best place to be, to learn and grow in our relationship to our Beloved Savior.

Reactions: RLT63 and MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

From my experience having been banned from other sites after I had realized the ‘cultish’ ideas of the trinity simply did not make sense compared to the spirit and what the Bible really introduces as far as who Jesus is, I use to fight mouth to teeth about how the trinity was just an created myth which even they say at the end - it’s difficult to comprehend…

With this is having done it so often caused me to get banned from other sites in which say you must adhere to it to even claim to be Christian.

Fighting and arguing about perspective though it can be done in a civil manner; is fruitless…

This is why I don’t talk about the trinity or post on many of the threads cause it’s just knowledge that can puff one up and make oneself proud. There is a lot of problems when it comes to these things on the forums.

My best option was to give up, because people are gonna think and believe what they want and believe what grandma and grandpa may have taught them.

To follow Jesus and to learn from Him, with prayers and supplications is the best way to grow being deeply rooted in Christ Jesus. At the end of the spectrum my view is simply this.

Jesus became the Lord God Almighty (remember Jesus first started off as being Gods Word which God spoke saying let there be light and the Word created light) according to John who wrote revelation which is revealing all the climax that would happen to that first generation, with 21-22 being pictures and types to learn from about the afterlife (though it’s very small).

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think forum participation is making more cynical. So many people who claim they're they're "informed by the Bible alone" and "led by the Holy Spirit" and their opponents are "led by the doctrines of men" and "using human logic", while they attempt to justify the damnedest nonsense...

Oh well.

On the internet, I can say what I want.

Why?

Because nobody is listening.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think forum participation is making more cynical. So many people who claim they're they're "informed by the Bible alone" and "led by the Holy Spirit" and their opponents are "led by the doctrines of men" and "using human logic", while they attempt to justify the damnedest nonsense...

Oh well.

On the internet, I can say what I want.

Why?

Because nobody is listening.
Yes there are a lot of people who are convinced they have it right and anyone who doesn't agree is wrong.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The reason you can "see it" is because the Bible told you.

The people who can't see it, were told by someone, or by a commentary, or by their denomination.....and that is what has blocked their "seeing".

The Bible is alive.. Its living Light. It speaks to you, it reveals to you, and it hides from you its revelation, if you come to it with "learning" that you didn't learn from the word of God.

Look at this verse, Reader.

""""""When thou goest, it shall lead thee; when thou sleepest, it shall keep thee; and when thou awakest, it shall talk with thee."""""

See that?
That is the words in the BIBLE talking to you., leading you, keeping you on the path of LIGHT..

Now, Imagine some deceived fool standing there saying..>"well, this verse is better rendered in the "originals"...
Yet, there are no "originals"...... nor is there an "original" GREEK.
See that Bible Corrector?
He's a enemy of your FAITH.
Why?
Because this devil will have you doubting the word of God, and once you do, you are in a situation that can't find a Cure.

Listen,
Why are most "Versions" translated into ENGLISH?

Its because God's Foreknowledge knew that in the end times... and keep in mind, "end times to God" is hundreds of Human years, if not a Thousand.
So, God knew that ENGLISH would be the Language Currency of the WORLD, in the last days....

Look around.....
Its ENGLISH that is the universal language......and GOD knew this, long ago........that this would happen, = English Bibles are THE Bible.

God is interesting like that, as He knows the End.......from the Beginning..

And also..... speaking now about what is sort of "reversed", as we would think about it, regarding our natural minds... is... A person THINKS.....>"""ok, im saved.........now, let me go out and try to be good so that im saved."""
This would be a COMEDY if it was not such a tragic situation that finds most believer's in this broken faith situation.
A unbeliever would just think...>"they are just DUMB"...>How can the say they believe in Jesus, and yet they are trying to keep themselves saved"?
"thats just DUMB".

"""""Let me try to go out now and keep the commandments so that im saved.""""

See that, error in their understanding..?
They have no idea what the Cross of Christ has accomplished for them.

LOOK !!

SALVATION works like this... = YOU START, finished.
You begin, as the RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD..
You dont complete that READER.....you exit as that, for eternity., if you are born again.
All you do is work on your discipleship, but never do you work on your Salvation, as JESUS is your Salvation.

"but what about that verse that says to "work out your SALVATION".

That means YOU HAVE IT.....>NOW GO AND LEARN HOW TO EXIST IN IT, by CORRECT FAITH.

Most believers will die never understanding what i just wrote, but some will see it, and they will REJOICE in GOD's GIFT of SALVATiON and GOD's GIFT of Righteousness.
There are so many that appeal to Greek and Hebrew words to try to show you the verse says something other than what it says. It's as though I have an apple and they are trying to convince me that it's an orange
But the Bible is clear and you only need to read John 1 to understand who Jesus is

Reactions: dhh712 and MatthewG

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the Bible is clear and you only need to read John 1 to understand who Jesus is
Aren’t you the one yesterday who rebuked me for relying on 1 verse for doctrinal foundation or was that GEN2?

Anyway, I agree with you. A pastor, delving into Mathew, said all the Gospels are the Gospel of Christ. One is according to Matthew. One is according to Marc. The 3rd one is according to Luke. And the 4th Gospel of Christ is according to John.

John 1:18

Names of God Bible

18 No one has ever seen God. God’s only Son, the one who is closest to the Father’s heart, has made him known.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are so many that appeal to Greek and Hebrew words to try to show you the verse says something other than what it says. It's as though I have an apple and they are trying to convince me that it's an orange
But the Bible is clear and you only need to read John 1 to understand who Jesus is

There is a good reason for that, to get as close to truth as you can at least through study, it will always between the person and God on how they live out their faith. And there are many different measures of faith.

Romans 12:3

I find the definition of Greek and Hebrew fascinating though I could never read those languages myself.

Yes Jesus was God and with God being Gods very own word when he spoken in the beginning that had created light. Then he became the Lord God Almighty when the Word which was the very soul with-in Jesus had delivered everything over to the Father (after completing and putting all enemies beneath his feet) in which God is all in all, and we can see this in Revelation 4-5.

Anyway thank you for reading brother and have a good day.

Reactions: dhh712

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@RLT63 Good indeed to read Scripture in prayerful dependence on the Holy Spirit for light and understanding.......

Reactions: RLT63