Do forums increase your faith?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aren’t you the one yesterday who rebuked me for relying on 1 verse for doctrinal foundation or was that GEN2?

Anyway, I agree with you. A pastor, delving into Mathew, said all the Gospels are the Gospel of Christ. One is according to Matthew. One is according to Marc. The 3rd one is according to Luke. And the 4th Gospel of Christ is according to John.

John 1:18

Names of God Bible

18 No one has ever seen God. God’s only Son, the one who is closest to the Father’s heart, has made him known.
John 1 is a chapter not a verse and no it wasn't me.

Last edited:

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a good reason for that, to get as close to truth as you can at least through study, it will always between the person and God on how they live out their faith. And there are many different measures of faith.

Romans 12:3

I find the definition of Greek and Hebrew fascinating though I could never read those languages myself.

Yes Jesus was God and with God being Gods very own word when he spoken in the beginning that had created light. Then he became the Lord God Almighty when the Word which was the very soul with-in Jesus had delivered everything over to the Father (after completing and putting all enemies beneath his feet) in which God is all in all, and we can see this in Revelation 4-5.

Anyway thank you for reading brother and have a good day.
There is nothing wrong with Greek and Hebrew word studies and I often check them on Bible Hub and Blue Letter Bible but some people try to twist the meaning of certain verses and one person who posts on this forum has an entire website devoted to debunking the Trinity. No matter what scholar you quote he can find something that contradicts it. I know you don't believe in the Trinity but from your post above it indicates you believe in the deity of Christ.

Reactions: Nancy and MatthewG

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
There is nothing wrong with Greek and Hebrew word studies and I often check them on Bible Hub and Blue Letter Bible but some people try to twist the meaning of certain verses and one person who posts on this forum has an entire website devoted to debunking the Trinity. No matter what scholar you quote he can find something that contradicts it. I know you don't believe in the Trinity but from your post above it indicates you believe in the deity of Christ.
@RLT63 The Scriptures are indeed full of God in Three Persons..............

Reactions: RLT63

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well 2 months later I am still having the same arguments and no matter what evidence I present there is someone telling me why it's wrong. But I see all the evidence for the deity of Christ and I'm just amazed that they can't see it. I have found common ground with some who believe differently but still believe that Jesus is God. So I plan to keep posting, my faith is stronger than ever and God is answering prayers. I just got the NET Bible Full Notes Edition and the notes are phenomenal. I'm learning a lot and really enjoying studying.
Hmm, the NET Bible Full Notes Edition seems like something that can help a person who does not have great study habits. The desire is there but, with the notes it could be easier to actually study diligently! Am going to look into it.
It seems that the large majority of threads/posts end up in arguments. I see the deity of Christ throughout the whole bible, and I also do not understand why so many fight this plain truth.
We have to pray for one another on here to have their eyes open, be teachable...all of us.

Reactions: dhh712 and Pearl

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmm, the NET Bible Full Notes Edition seems like something that can help a person who does not have great study habits. The desire is there but, with the notes it could be easier to actually study diligently! Am going to look into it.
It seems that the large majority of threads/posts end up in arguments. I see the deity of Christ throughout the whole bible, and I also do not understand why so many fight this plain truth.
We have to pray for one another on here to have their eyes open, be teachable...all of us.
You can use the Net Bible free online. Just Google it. Actually the online version is more user friendly that the printed version.
Click on the name of the book to go to the scripture you want, click where it says NET and you can see other translations

Reactions: Nancy

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
You can use the Net Bible free online. Just Google it. Actually the online version is more user friendly that the printed version.
Click on the name of the book to go to the scripture you want, click where it says NET and you can see other translations
@RLT63 It's amazing how rapidly Web resources can come up with relevant verses to a study.........

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see the deity of Christ throughout the whole bible, and I also do not understand why so many fight this plain truth.
Mainly because it is plainly not anywhere in Scripture and the idea goes against the whole Bible, especially explicit Scripture, e.g., the Shema, 1C, Jesus being called 37 times the Son of God (which is NOT equivelent to God the Son), For us, there is one God, the Father, and Jesus own words, that he has a God who is the only true God.

By contrast, if there were a verse that reads something like The nature of God is a trinity - consisting of the Father, Son & Holy Spirit who are co-equal, co-substantial and co-eternal - and if you do not believe this, you cannot be saved but are damned to hell forever. it would be different. But no such trinity verse exists in Scripture. So, there is that.

This is why the thread was started about the benefit of saying Jesus is God. Jesus says he has a God who is the only true God. This is good enough for me. Why is it not good enough for you?

dhh712

Jun 12, 2022
Gettysburg
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are so many that appeal to Greek and Hebrew words to try to show you the verse says something other than what it says. It's as though I have an apple and they are trying to convince me that it's an orange
But the Bible is clear and you only need to read John 1 to understand who Jesus is
Oh my, here we go again. I understand that you mean that that chapter is a very clear explanation of who Jesus is; however there are dozens upon dozens--literaly, the one guy gave over 162 verses--that support this truth (and you're right, it's an entire chapter too not just a verse).

Reactions: Nancy and RLT63

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Oh my, here we go again. I understand that you mean that that chapter is a very clear explanation of who Jesus is; however there are dozens upon dozens--literaly, the one guy gave over 162 verses--that support this truth.
The Deity of Christ is so overwhelming in Scripture, indeed, @dhh712

To be honest, I don't think @RLT63 is suggesting otherwise......

dhh712

Jun 12, 2022
Gettysburg
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Deity of Christ is so overwhelming in Scripture, indeed, @dhh712

To be honest, I don't think @RLT63 is suggesting otherwise......
Yes, I was supporting what he was saying. The one guy was arguing that he was using a "verse" (actually a chapter) to support the argument that Jesus is God, but I took it to mean that RLT wasn't exactly saying that.

Sorry, I guess that was a bit confusing.

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is also a good book to have I believe too, @RLT63.

Bought it off eBay maybe 10-12$?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    459.1 KB · Views: 2

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
IMHO there are too many threads started in a negative tone. Meaning the title has a provoking tone to it challenging members of other beliefs or doctrines to prove which one is correct.
And almost all topics end up in a "stalemate" because hardly anyone changes their mind about what they believe. Instead they defend their doctrines and attack yours.
And the insults, name calling, and belittling one another over what they interpret and understand scripture to mean.....SMH.

The Word of God should be discussed with joy, love, and peace among Christians.

There is nothing more refreshing and uplifting to a person's heart and soul than to hear/read an encouraging scripture, or sharing a testimony about what God has done in your life, and those who hear the testimony are strengthened in their faith by the hope that they gain from that.

Exhorting and Edifying one another is what so many members seek and hope to find when they join a forum.

I guess I better hush
Have a blessed night.
We do need to encourage one another....

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just purchased this study bible...I will let you know what I think of it. Thank you!

Reactions: Heart2Soul

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I just purchased this study bible...I will let you know what I think of it. Thank you!
@Nancy Some of the notes can be very useful; I find the Thompson edition helpful. (Sometimes when there is a lot of additional info on the page, there can be a bit of an issue with eyesight and small print....)

Good always to remember what is the actual text and what is comment, however helpful a comment....

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you got the Full Notes Edition the print on the notes is small and I have to wear glasses to read it. Other than that I have no complaints.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you got the Full Notes Edition the print on the notes is small and I have to wear glasses to read it. Other than that I have no complaints.
Oh yes, I'm sure I will need my glasses as well as a magnifying glass. I did get the Full Notes Addition.
Wondering what subject/book I'll study first!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Oh yes, I'm sure I will need my glasses as well as a magnifying glass. I did get the Full Notes Addition.
Wondering what subject/book I'll study first!
Is it available as an online version?

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is it available as an online version?
Yes it's online free just put in your email for a free account. Click on the book name to change books, click where it says NET for other translations

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes it's online free just put in your email for a free account. Click on the book name to change books, click where it says NET for other translations
I might take a look at that. I don't usually read online, preferring my large print NIV but I do have the Blue Letter bible and Bible Gateway on my favourites bar.