Do forums increase your faith?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh yes, I'm sure I will need my glasses as well as a magnifying glass. I did get the Full Notes Addition.
Wondering what subject/book I'll study first!
LOL. I have a magnifying glass with a built in light that I use early in the mornings. I started in John but have been peaking at Genesis.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL. I have a magnifying glass with a built in light that I use early in the mornings. I started in John but have been peaking at Genesis.
I had one of those once, covered the whole page but, still had some issues. John is a great start, he shows a lot of the character and deity (IMO) of Christ. And, how can one not love Genesis?
Going to look into finding one of those magnifying glass/light things again.
Sorry, off topic :oops:

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have to confess that these forums sometimes bring out some of my worst characteristics.
Iron sharpens iron. My faith is always increased when I fellowship with other believers.

I know no one is perfect but we fit perfectly in our imperfections.

My church has a theme, ‘doing life together.’ It’s one think to drill down to the depths of theology. It’s another thing to put Biblical precepts into practice. What does that look like?

While I mostly post here about theology, I do share the practice and compassionately respond to others who do the same. For instance, recently I posted about a dear friend who is a victim of elderly abuse by his daughter. I’m grateful for the compassionate responses I got and for this online community of Christ followers.

Reactions: Lambano

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was on another "Christian " forum but it seemed there were more atheists and agnostics than Christians. Even most of the Christians there are evolutionists. It put me constantly defending my faith. On this forum the issue has been the deity of Christ. Does talking about these things increase your faith or cause you to doubt? Discussions about the Trinity and the deity of Christ have been run in the ground here. Do you find your faith strengthened by these conversations or does it cause you to doubt?
Any Public Christian will draw in the wolves in sheep's clothing.... guaranteed and inevitable.... we just have to deal with this, and expose them for who they are.

That being said, Christian forums are a great way to have fellowship with believers from diverse backgrounds and doctrinal views, and seeing as we all know in part, that kind of civil discussion of differences and fellowship can lead us to arriving at the greater truth of the matter that our minds may have been closed to by surrounding ourselves with like minds in our particular denominations.

Hearing of the faith of other Believers also can strengthen our faith particularly if they are under persecution for their faith. God reveals his heart to those believers as he comforts them in their persecutions. It gives us the strength to faithfully face the persecutions we face daily for our faith that pale in comparison to the ones they face in their places. I Have had some wonderful encouraging words spoken to me which came from God by these poor hurting persecuted believers.... truly angels/messengers in disguise... had i dismissed their message, i might have fallen into deceptions.

But the main thing for me, and why I do forums like this, is to share what the LORD has shown me, and to have my views criticized, and refined, as Iron sharpen iron. If i make a mistake, most are quick to point that out and correct me, and unlike many I appreciate that, because wisdom grows that way (Proverbs 9:8-9)

Reactions: RLT63

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Try looking at it like this....these forums can show you that you still have areas in your heart that needs to be healed or where you need to grow spiritually. So if someone said something to offend you and you became angry and returned the same hate or attitude back to them. This is bringing out the worst in most of us and we have got to keep moving and growing towards loving them in spite of their harsh words.
It's like a training area for Christians to learn to be humble and walk in love towards one another.
I hope that makes sense....

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Try looking at it like this....these forums can show you that you still have areas in your heart that needs to be healed or where you need to grow spiritually. So if someone said something to offend you and you became angry and returned the same hate or attitude back to them. This is bringing out the worst in most of us and we have got to keep moving and growing towards loving them in spite of their harsh words.
It's like a training area for Christians to learn to be humble and walk in love towards one another.
I hope that makes sense....
That makes PERFECT sense H2S :vgood:

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Getting to see the arguments for both sides of an issue (and in particular the issue mentioned in the OP), I've learned that it's okay to admit I don't understand God.

Reactions: Nancy and RLT63

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
..I was on another "Christian " forum but it seemed there were more atheists and agnostics than Christians..

Yes I've been going in assorted nonchristian religious forums for 20 years to have fun running rings round them, because any Christian will have them for breakfast..:)-
"The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world, they have divine power to demolish strongholds and arguments" (2 Cor 10:4/5)
"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, bu ta spirit of power, of love and of self discipline...that you may stand firm in all the will of God, mature and fully assured" (2 Tim 1:7,Col 4:12)
"They couldn't beat Paul in arguments because of his wisdom and the spirit" (Acts 6:10)

In fact going into the lion's dens of atheist forums can have a positive effect on them, as one member there once said to me- "I'm an atheist and probably always will be, but you're the only person who's ever made me consider becoming a christian"..:)

Reactions: Nancy

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
..I've learned that it's okay to admit I don't understand God.
Yes, our human minds don't have the horsepower to see the Big Picture..:)-
Jesus said- "You hardly believe me when I tell you earthly things, so how would you believe me if I told you heavenly things?....
...I know where I came from and where I am going, but you have no idea where I come from or where I am going...you are of this world, I am not of this world" (John 3:12,John 10:38,8:14,8:23)

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I've been going in assorted nonchristian religious forums for 20 years to have fun running rings round them, because any Christian will have them for breakfast..:)-
"The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world, they have divine power to demolish strongholds and arguments" (2 Cor 10:4/5)
"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, bu ta spirit of power, of love and of self discipline...that you may stand firm in all the will of God, mature and fully assured" (2 Tim 1:7,Col 4:12)
"They couldn't beat Paul in arguments because of his wisdom and the spirit" (Acts 6:10)

In fact going into the lion's dens of atheist forums can have a positive effect on them, as one member there once said to me- "I'm an atheist and probably always will be, but you're the only person who's ever made me consider becoming a christian"..:)
This is a Christian Forum I was speaking of but it's full of atheists, agnostics and evolutionists

Reactions: Nancy and Pearl

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
..a Christian Forum I was speaking of but it's full of atheists, agnostics and evolutionists

In military terms it's therefore a "target-rich environment" and we can have fun shooting them down, I do it all the time.
PS- and a lot of "christians" in "christian" forums are not real christians at all and we can straighten them out too..:)

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a Christian Forum I was speaking of but it's full of atheists, agnostics and evolutionists
Are they allowed to make threads on Christian only parts of the forums?