Do forums increase your faith?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
If weak minds have their way, this one won’t for much longer.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you got the Full Notes Edition the print on the notes is small and I have to wear glasses to read it. Other than that I have no complaints.
Hello RLT63,
I just received the bible and have only got to reading about the features, to the reader and about the team who put this together...just from peeking a bit at some scriptures, the notes are awesome!
Yes, the notes are pretty small and I can see them with glasses but still have to squint. Have to go get one of those magnifying glasses for books...with a light! Thanks for the info and, I'm looking forward to my first study with it.
God bless and keep!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello RLT63,
I just received the bible and have only got to reading about the features, to the reader and about the team who put this together...just from peeking a bit at some scriptures, the notes are awesome!
Yes, the notes are pretty small and I can see them with glasses but still have to squint. Have to go get one of those magnifying glasses for books...with a light! Thanks for the info and, I'm looking forward to my first study with it.
God bless and keep!
What are you planning to study first @Nancy

Reactions: RLT63 and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Me too. There's so much information that affirms the deity of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Goodness, there is a TON of awesome info. in this bible. It will be a slow go for me so as to really retain and organize a full blown study, eh, got nothing else to do, so I have no excuse, lol!

Reactions: Lambano and RLT63

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes, I was supporting what he was saying. The one guy was arguing that he was using a "verse" (actually a chapter) to support the argument that Jesus is God, but I took it to mean that RLT wasn't exactly saying that.
@dhh712 It's good indeed to encourage one another by quoting Scripture.

Reactions: dhh712

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Goodness, there is a TON of awesome info. in this bible. It will be a slow go for me so as to really retain and organize a full blown study, eh, got nothing else to do, so I have no excuse, lol!
I read a little every morning. I love the notes.

Reactions: Nancy and Matthias

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

Read widely. Read deeply. Read thoughtfully. Read critically.

Read Bible commentary, which is what the notes in NET are.

One of the interesting aspects of my job as a teacher was instructing my students, both trinitarian and non-trinitarian, how to properly use Bible commentaries.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, the notes are like none I have ever seen. I love how it will give different folks interpretations so, we're getting at least two sides of an issue.
Thank you much for bringing the NET full notes version up!

Reactions: Matthias

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, the notes are like none I have ever seen. I love how it will give different folks interpretations so, we're getting at least two sides of an issue.
Thank you much for bringing the NET full notes version up!
You’re welcome. I’ve recommended it to a few of my friends. It’s a great tool for studying the Bible

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Try looking at it like this....these forums can show you that you still have areas in your heart that needs to be healed or where you need to grow spiritually. So if someone said something to offend you and you became angry and returned the same hate or attitude back to them. This is bringing out the worst in most of us and we have got to keep moving and growing towards loving them in spite of their harsh words.
It's like a training area for Christians to learn to be humble and walk in love towards one another.
I hope that makes sense....
@Heart2Soul 2 Peter 3:18 says we all need to 'grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ'. Scripture based posts can indeed encourage one another....

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Heart2Soul 2 Peter 3:18 says we all need to 'grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ'. Scripture based posts can indeed encourage one another....
Indeed, and we need to encourage one another often.

Reactions: farouk

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read widely. Read deeply. Read thoughtfully. Read critically.

Read Bible commentary, which is what the notes in NET are.

One of the interesting aspects of my job as a teacher was instructing my students, both trinitarian and non-trinitarian, how to properly use Bible commentaries.
I’m reading a little every morning and the notes shine light on the text. I’m going to start listening to sermons again too. I have so many I can go back through them and it’s like hearing them for the first time.

Reactions: Matthias

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m reading a little every morning and the notes shine light on the text.
OMG! Study notes are indispensable. They really open up the Bible. So grateful we live in this time.

Just say The Chosen Season 3, which opened with the Sermon on The Mount. Artistically done, the audience only heard snippets. Later Roman authorities asked informants what the sermon was about.

Their answer was bits and pieces. Not only could they not recall exactly what was said, they weren’t entirely sure of the meaning of what they recalled exactly.

We have the benefit of the entire Sermon, in its entirety, in writing with in-depth analysis in the notes. We are blessed.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was on another "Christian " forum but it seemed there were more atheists and agnostics than Christians. Even most of the Christians there are evolutionists. It put me constantly defending my faith. On this forum the issue has been the deity of Christ. Does talking about these things increase your faith or cause you to doubt? Discussions about the Trinity and the deity of Christ have been run in the ground here. Do you find your faith strengthened by these conversations or does it cause you to doubt?
I have noticed some people seem more concerned about winning an argument than sharing the love of God. So many people with so many different beliefs and they are all convinced that they are the only ones who are right.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I have noticed some people seem more concerned about winning an argument than sharing the love of God. So many people with so many different beliefs and they are all convinced that they are the only ones who are right.

The difference between gutter fighters and teachers.