• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What makes you think I am irate? You are dodging the issue. And again, you have put yourself even in this post on the same level as the Pharisees. You are blasphemous and delusional. Though, I shouldn't be surprised. You think you were transported back in time to the crucifixion....
Oh so you did read my post, I guess teh bible was right when it says

Joh 10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
Joh 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
Joh 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand

I guess according to your won statement you are not one of His sheep?? You better take a rest your going to explode.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
House of God.

2Co 5:1 For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

Act 7:47 But Solomon built him an house.
Act 7:48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,
Act 7:49 Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?
Act 7:50 Hath not my hand made all these things?
Act 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

God doesnt dwell in buildings.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh ye we can

Joh 10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
Joh 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

1Jn_2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

but I guess you dont believe in all that stuff do you. Following Christ being Led by the Spirit, whoda thought such a thing.

Rom_8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
It is wrong to use scripture to Trump scripture. It's not a card game where your hand is higher than another. Both John and Paul also spoke of attending Church.

Reactions: reformed1689

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith comes by hearing and you can't hear without a preacher. That's what Paul told the Romans so it wasn't stuff for Jewish people.
Have to disagree with you yet again. Those words are for everyone, as there were also Jews at Rome with the Gentiles.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2Co 5:1 For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

Act 7:48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,
Act 7:49 Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?
Act 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

Clearly you have no desire to learn the truth. You are stuck worshipping your own version of Jesus, and you clearly do not study, nor want to study, the Word of God.

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh so you did read my post, I guess teh bible was right when it says

Joh 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand

I guess according to your won statement you are not one of His sheep?? You better take a rest your going to explode.
And again, you engage in ad hominem because you can't interact with the actual arguments. [comment removed]

Last edited by a moderator:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do not forsake the assembly of yourselves together. What part of this do you not understand? You conveniently never deal with that verse.

"But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death." Rev 21:8
Do I Have To Go To Church?

Reactions: Nancy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually that is not true at all. You do not find that anywhere in Scripture.

"And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15

"No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon." Matt 6:24

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15

"No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon." Matt 6:24
How in the world does that say you can worship God any way that you like, which was I was arguing against? It doesn't.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death." Rev 21:8
Do I Have To Go To Church?
How is this relevant?

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How in the world does that say you can worship God any way that you like, which was I was arguing against? It doesn't.
He's out on a limb perpetually. It's remarkable that some persons can hardly ever get even one text of Scripture right.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have to disagree with you yet again. Those words are for everyone, as there were also Jews at Rome with the Gentiles.
Of course they are, but I don't know if you have followed the conversation closely, and thus I don't think you understand my point.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course they are, but I don't know if you have followed the conversation closely, and thus I don't think you understand my point.
Yes, you're generally accurate. I wanted to put in there what is it you're getting at. Also don't want others taking off with your comment and thinking the text isn't for Jews.

Reactions: FHII

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

AMEN! Remember what Jesus said to the Samaritan woman at the well:
John 4:22-24
22 “Woman,” Jesus replied, “believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. 22 You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. 23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”
When two or more are gathered...

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This is a question I receive a lot, most of the time in good faith, and decided to post a video about it. Anyone have anything to add to the discussion? I'd love to hear from others and their experience with this question.

May the Lord ad His blessing to His Word!
It may seem the right thing to do but in fact there is no mention of 'going to church' in the bible and that is because we are the church. Scripture talks of meeting together but that would have been in homes or in the market place or anywhere else really, as they didn't have specific buildings.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What exactly do you want me to answer?
All you have to do is click on the link which I provided to my posts which contain the questions. If you don't know or don't want to answer them that is your choice, but then you should not be surprised when and if people treat your questions the same way.