• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Offensive is also subjective.
Not to God! He sees clearly all of the time! When we see always through His eyes, by the Holy Spirit, there is no subjectivity to it. Because we don't, we mess up. Until you admit that about yourself and come really to God daily and help Him to work on you to make the
approach to prayer without ceasing and rejoicing in the Lord always, you will be slipping farther and farther away from Him instead of moving toward Him.

"And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:" Acts 17:29

If you don't soon start approaching God instead of trying to stand still while really sliding, the winking of God will be over for you. You cannot win any more than I can, not this war, but God will win. Anyone on His side will also win. You had better check which banner you're fighting under...

"He brought me to the banqueting house, and his banner over me was love." Song of Solomon 2:4

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The early church and the church Fathers were the Apostles. They didn't have systematic beliefs other than what the likes of Paul set up.

The church spiralled downward after the left, but they did leave a blueprint. Why not ow that?
As I view religion today I cannot believe that what I see is a representation of what Christ set in place, but rather a spin off of the RCC.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't even know you. What shall I say you are lacking, and what does that have to do with what I said? Is what I said not true?
I’m not sure what you refer to as what you’ve said. There have been many post on this thread.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He gave us His Spirit, all men so we could have the truth from Him, Paul / Saul was our example, so much learning so little truth,

2Ti 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
2Ti 3:6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
2Ti 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

You have your religion, when He comes, and you miss your visitation, just remember you chose men over Him.
I read through this thread at about 5am this morning, someone stated Scripture tells us how to worship, and in fact it does...... in Spirit.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The threads on this topic are not about personal attacks. People confuse truth with personal attacks and can't stand that the light is being shined on their false beliefs so they lash out and say "stop attacking me." I am not worried about if they feel offended, their gripe is with the truth, not me.
My friend do you know where His face is? Of course you don't! Like the two disciples on the road to Emmaus you are so wrapped in the happenings you see with the natural eye, you are not even looking for Him. When you don't see Him you don't see the Truth. Many of the others here on this forum have a measure of Truth because in a measure they are seeking His face. Through a darkened glass is a blurred vision but it is better than walking in darkness.

Where is His face?

"When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek." Psalm 27:8

"Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?" John 14:8-9

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I read through this thread at about 5am this morning, someone stated Scripture tells us how to worship, and in fact it does...... in Spirit.
The religious love there religion, they have that, if thats what they want , than thats what they get, we all have choice, God will never stand in our way, even if we are going to fall over a cliff, HE offers His hand they refuse, nothing even He can do.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not to God! He sees clearly all of the time!
And you are not God.

If you don't soon start approaching God instead of trying to stand still while really sliding, the winking of God will be over for you. You cannot win any more than I can, not this war, but God will win. Anyone on His side will also win. You had better check which banner you're fighting under...

"He brought me to the banqueting house, and his banner over me was love." Song of Solomon 2:4
Is this not the very kind of talk you are so upset with me about? Saying someone isn't following God?

Reactions: SovereignGrace

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An accurate literal thing he may be doing, outdone here perhaps only by yourself. That is not a compliment. I have dealt with him as much as I have because I saw a glimmer of Light, of honesty in him, in spite of his efforts to show his "tough love".

On the other hand I recall a previous encounter with you. Your expressed negative position was strong enough for me to recognize you as someone to avoid as I would a devil. Not even a glimmer of godly Light or Spirit observed. You probably have already an excuse or a negative twist to apply to every verse of scripture to make evil come out as good and good as evil. Never mind because those with "eyes to see" are already understanding where you are and where @reformed1689 is currently heading.

You speak of my ignorance, but what I see in you is worse than ignorance. Ignorance in the things of God can be overcome by Spirit, but delusion comes from losing love of Truth and from quenching the Holy Spirit! The solution to that is absolute surrender to God. Are you ready to do that?
No, we just recognize what Scripture actually teaches about God and not what we want to be true about God.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you are not God.
No, but when I am in the Spirit I do have "eyes to see" and that is Not through a glass darkly. I am not bragging on myself. Alone I can do nothing... none of us can. Allowing God to work in us and lead us is essential, otherwise we lose.

Is this not the very kind of talk you are so upset with me about? Saying someone isn't following God?
Yes, to the flesh it probably appears the same. I am hoping you can see a difference. I cannot make you do that. Even God cannot make you that. He gave us the reins for the short period of time allotted to us. Unless you give those reins to Him and let Him take control of you, you have no Hope. Don't trust me! Trust God! Ask of Him!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, we just recognize what Scripture actually teaches about God and not what we want to be true about God.
You are using human reasoning and logic to figure out God's message. Look around you! It doesn't work like that. There are how many church groups or denominations now, all saying their beliefs are based on the Bible and on this forums you see how they butt heads and insist they are right. The only answer is to go to God Himself. If you don't believe He can or will help you, then you really are in trouble:

"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil." Prov 3:5-7

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bro, it's a waste of time arguing with @amadeus. His behavior is frankly ugly. He endorses the false Christ of Mormonism, even validates it, there is no way in this world he's going to validate your presenting him the true Biblical God of Scripture. He's fighting against truth while endorsing falsehoods.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are using human reasoning and logic to figure out God's message.
No, we are plainly reading Scripture. No reasoning required. You, however, are using human reason to say God must love everyone equally and that he must be equally merciful to everyone. Nowhere does Scripture teach that.

The only answer is to go to God Himself. If you don't believe He can or will help you, then you really are in trouble:
When have I ever said this? Of course, I seek the Spirit.

Bro, it's a waste of time arguing with @amadeus. His behavior is frankly ugly. He endorses the false Christ of Mormonism, even validates it, there is no way in this world he's going to validate your presenting him the true Biblical God of Scripture. He's fighting against truth while endorsing falsehoods.
Exactly. He is two-faced as well accusing us of the very things he is doing.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly. He is two-faced as well accusing us of the very things he is doing.

His religion is a blend of mysticism, New Age, smart-mouthing, and a few out of context verses thrown in to make it appear like he's not really all the former. Got a false Christ? Different gospel? He's all in.

Reactions: reformed1689

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@reformed1689 , Ugly you should see this from Gods point of view,

Mat 18:5 And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.
Mat 18:6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.
Mat 18:7 Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!

You have no idea of the trouble you have all bought upon yourselves, including @FHII

Luk_13:25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@reformed1689 , Ugly you should see this from Gods point of view,

Mat 18:5 And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.
Mat 18:6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.
Mat 18:7 Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!

You have no idea of the trouble you have all bought upon yourselves, including @FHII

Luk_13:25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:
OUt of context, as usual. And, are you a little child?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
OUt of context, as usual. And, are you a little child?
Context. lest put this into context

Mat 10:14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.
Mat 10:15 Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.

as for children

Mat_5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

Mat_5:45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

Mat_11:19 The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.

Mat_18:3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

God bless

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Context. lest put this into context

Mat 10:14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.
Mat 10:15 Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.

as for children

Mat_5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

Mat_5:45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

Mat_11:19 The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.

Mat_18:3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

God bless
None of that has to do with the context of the verse you quoted. Do you know what context means?