• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Waiting on him

I am openly apologizing to you here on the open forum. I mistook your posts as saying I(and other reformed ppl on here) were lost. Please forgive me for not truly grasping what you posted. :(:oops:
It is easy to misconstrue posts on a forum especially when the side you are reading is generally slinging mud. I misread it too though, and it's all my fault. I apologize for that miscue to @Waiting on him.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, we are plainly reading Scripture. No reasoning required. You, however, are using human reason to say God must love everyone equally and that he must be equally merciful to everyone. Nowhere does Scripture teach that.
Even now you are changing or misunderstanding what I said to you. You speak of plain reading of what God inspired men to write and miss even what I, a mere man, wrote to you.

When have I ever said this? Of course, I seek the Spirit.
Do you really seek the Holy Spirit or is it some other spirit you have misidentified as you move into a place of delusion? We need to come to a place where we are seeking the Holy Spirit because that Spirit is within us. Then we simply need to Not quench the Spirit.

Do you doubt me? So then as I have already told you, don't pay to attention to me. Look to God, but as you bypass me also bypass any and every other man who would influence you one way or the other. Seek only God! Talk only to Him!

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened." Matt 7:7-8

"And do not ask to confirm that you are right or that I am wrong. Ask rather for God to lead you in His Way.

"Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts." James 4:3

Exactly. He is two-faced as well accusing us of the very things he is doing.
LOL!
Do you suppose you have identified something in me of which God had not already shown me? Look at you own mirror as I do each day
"And he made the laver of brass, and the foot of it of brass, of the looking glasses of the women assembling, which assembled at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation." Ex 38:8

Why do you suppose the "looking glasses of the women" were placed there? To check for spots, wrinkles, stains and any other flaws!

Every man who has not overcome the world of his own sinful ways and temptations is double-minded or as you call it, "two-faced". We all have our spots, wrinkles, stains and flaws, which need to be cleansed/removed before we may pass through to partake of the Tree of Life.

"A double minded man is unstable in all his ways." James 1:8

"Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.
Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up." James 4:7-10

"He must increase, but I must decrease" John 3:30

You're a Bible student. Are you familiar with all of those verses and how they apply also to you? They certain apply to me and to every other person seeking His Face!

Understanding them and applying them is only possible by surrendering to the Holy Spirit.

"And they were astonished out of measure, saying among themselves, Who then can be saved?
And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible." Mark 10:26-27

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you cant trust Christ and Gods Spirit to teach you than you are already without Hope.

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." Heb 11:6

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even now you are changing or misunderstanding what I said to you. You speak of plain reading of what God inspired men to write and miss even what I, a mere man, wrote to you.

Do you really seek the Holy Spirit or is it some other spirit you have misidentified as you move into a place of delusion? We need to come to a place where we are seeking the Holy Spirit because that Spirit is within us. Then we simply need to Not quench the Spirit.

Do you doubt me? So then as I have already told you, don't pay to attention to me. Look to God, but as you bypass me also bypass any and every other man who would influence you one way or the other. Seek only God! Talk only to Him!

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened." Matt 7:7-8

"And do not ask to confirm that you are right or that I am wrong. Ask rather for God to lead you in His Way.

"Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts." James 4:3

LOL!
Do you suppose you have identified something in me of which God had not already shown me? Look at you own mirror as I do each day
"And he made the laver of brass, and the foot of it of brass, of the looking glasses of the women assembling, which assembled at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation." Ex 38:8

Why do you suppose the "looking glasses of the women" were placed there? To check for spots, wrinkles, stains and any other flaws!

Every man who has not overcome the world of his own sinful ways and temptations is double-minded or as you call it, "two-faced". We all have our spots, wrinkles, stains and flaws, which need to be cleansed/removed before we may pass through to partake of the Tree of Life.

"A double minded man is unstable in all his ways." James 1:8

"Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.
Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up." James 4:7-10

"He must increase, but I must decrease" John 3:30

You're a Bible student. Are you familiar with all of those verses and how they apply also to you? They certain apply to me and to every other person seeking His Face!

Understanding them and applying them is only possible by surrendering to the Holy Spirit.

"And they were astonished out of measure, saying among themselves, Who then can be saved?
And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible." Mark 10:26-27
That’s pretty powerful John, i really like the part about the Laver.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The early church and the church Fathers were the Apostles. They didn't have systematic beliefs other than what the likes of Paul set up.

The church spiralled downward after the left, but they did leave a blueprint. Why not ow that?
You could call it a 'blueprint', but I might call it a 'scarlet thread'. It runs unabated from the Truth Jesus manifested in flesh 2000 years ago until now. As it was for Rahab and her family [Josh 2:18] before Israel so it is, or can be, for us. There are now many threads but not all of them are scarlet. Only the scarlet thread will save us in the end.

The scarlet thread for us is Jesus. He has always been there for anyone who approached God hungering and thirsting after His righteousness [Matt 5:6], whether they had access to a written Bible or not.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's the thing, that is the same thing I say of you, so who is right?

Reactions: SovereignGrace

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
it doesnt matter to me if you go to church or not. after all we do live in the microwave generation 3 minutes later its done
Neither does God...If we abide in Him He will abide in us, it is enough for Him

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And God gave us His word that can be plainly understood.
Manna = What is it?

Und da es die Kinder Israel sahen, sprachen sie untereinander: Man hu? (Das heißt: Was ist das?); denn sie wußten nicht was es war. Mose aber sprach zu ihnen: es ist das Brot, das euch der HERR zu essen gegeben hat.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Neither does God...If we abide in Him He will abide in us, it is enough for Him
that is your way. God created the church on the day of pentecost they was assembled at antioch part of abiding starts with church .

Reactions: reformed1689

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 2:44-47 KJV
[44] And all that believed were together, and had all things common; [45] And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need. [46] And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, [47] Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

When i see this happen I’ll vote Democrat again.
Tecarta Bible

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 2:44-47 KJV
[44] And all that believed were together, and had all things common; [45] And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need. [46] And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, [47] Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

When i see this happen I’ll vote Democrat again.
Tecarta Bible
it happens we just seldom hear about it ...this is when the local assembly was being formed. the main reason we don't hear of this on w go to the bank borrow money have big payments. the preacher spends more time on giving .the other reason good news dont make money

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
ha wait, you still vote?
that is your way. God created the church on the day of pentecost they was assembled at antioch part of abiding starts with church .
but we do not get to define what "Church" is, Ezra, even though we might try. And we have a Scripturally valid example, a living one you might even call it, that we mostly refuse to apply to ourselves, imo

It is highly debateable imo whether our common definition of "church" today bears any resemblance whatsoever to the spiritual ideal characterized in the Bible bro. Escape to heaven in the "next life" rather than life, more abundantly now is what we get in our "churches" now, right?