• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, everyone doesn't do it. If the gospel can't be harmonized, what chance have we? No, I don't comment on every scripture given to me in a debate. My posts are long enough. But I am not afraid to comment on any. I am also not afraid to say "I don't know".

But you've been given scripture and seem to not deal with it. Now what of Eph 4? Because despite your stance on other scripture I don't know where you stand on that.

So I hear all your verses and agree with them. They are the word of God. But what of the ones I gave?
What if the scripture your referencing is in the instructing of the unregenerate of how to come to Christ?

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont have an opinion, it has its place its not God nor is it Christ, nor is there any life in it, if you want the truth Jesus is there if you dont want Him, continue in your study, you will be without excuse.

And no that is not an opinion it is the truth.
Scripture is not God nor Christ? Is it not his words? Did not God give his will in the scripture?

What are you going by then? Are the scripture you give from Christ?

If Jesus and God said those things, should I believe them?

Reactions: reformed1689

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the old saying you can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink it. but you can add salt to his oats to make him thirsty . david wrote in psalms 122 I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the Lord. the church is important a sanctuary hospital whatever you need. many as w have seen are soured on church .the claim i cant find a good bible teaching church . maybe it should say i cant find a church i like. even in jesus teaching people assembled to hear. if attending Church was not important. God would not have established it . its not so important we go but what we get out of it. we seem to have a lot of morris the cat church goers-------FINICKY ** many worship the name over the door . if your one who thinks no need to go. then by all mans stay at home.. if we as christians would focus on bing salt and light .maybe we could see results . the pastor at the church we go .says i would like to see everyone in church on sunday . but i know it wont happen

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Christ and God teach through men. It's well established in the scriptures.
See you read and you dont believe, ye who are of little faith. Do you hold position are you afraid to loose it, far better to loose that than your life

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
the old saying you can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink it. but you can add salt to his oats to make him thirsty . david wrote in psalms 122 I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the Lord. the church is important a sanctuary hospital whatever you need. many as w have seen are soured on church .the claim i cant find a good bible teaching church . maybe it should say i cant find a church i like. even in jesus teaching people assembled to hear. if attending Church was not important. God would not have established it . its not so important we go but what we get out of it. we seem to have a lot of morris the cat church goers-------FINICKY ** many worship the name over the door . if your one who thinks no need to go. then by all mans stay at home.. if we as christians would focus on bing salt and light .maybe we could see results . the pastor at the church we go .says i would like to see everyone in church on sunday . but i know it wont happen
Christ would rather He find everyone in Him but He knew that wouldnt happen..

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Scripture is not God nor Christ? Is it not his words? Did not God give his will in the scripture?

What are you going by then? Are the scripture you give from Christ?

If Jesus and God said those things, should I believe them?

I quoted bits Jesus spoke and you dont.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm afraid I don't understand the question.
In the early church no one had a copy of the New Testament. Everyone now has their systematic beliefs, thanks to the RCC.
What everyone here is referring to as “church” is simply a system of beliefs where no Two can tolerate any.
This is not church, it’s religion the op would be better labeled

Do I have to go to religion?

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You don't know Jesus without the Scriptures. Jesus said that God's Word, the scriptures, is truth.
HE said He was the truth.

Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Eph_4:21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:

Keep denying Him to your own end.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Eph_4:21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:

Yes, you are quoting John 14, I am referring to John 17.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually he has and preaches an accurate and Biblical portrait of God. What you are doing is showing your ignorance and hostility towards that biblical God; Colossians 1:21; Romans 8:7-8; 1 Corinthians 2:14.
An accurate literal thing he may be doing, outdone here perhaps only by yourself. That is not a compliment. I have dealt with him as much as I have because I saw a glimmer of Light, of honesty in him, in spite of his efforts to show his "tough love".

On the other hand I recall a previous encounter with you. Your expressed negative position was strong enough for me to recognize you as someone to avoid as I would a devil. Not even a glimmer of godly Light or Spirit observed. You probably have already an excuse or a negative twist to apply to every verse of scripture to make evil come out as good and good as evil. Never mind because those with "eyes to see" are already understanding where you are and where @reformed1689 is currently heading.

You speak of my ignorance, but what I see in you is worse than ignorance. Ignorance in the things of God can be overcome by Spirit, but delusion comes from losing love of Truth and from quenching the Holy Spirit! The solution to that is absolute surrender to God. Are you ready to do that?

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the early church no one had a copy of the New Testament. Everyone now has their systematic beliefs, thanks to the RCC.
What everyone here is referring to as “church” is simply a system of beliefs where no Two can tolerate any.
This is not church, it’s religion the op would be better labeled

Do I have to go to religion?
The early church and the church Fathers were the Apostles. They didn't have systematic beliefs other than what the likes of Paul set up.

The church spiralled downward after the left, but they did leave a blueprint. Why not ow that?

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

He also left his ministry to other men: the Apostles. Do you deny them? Denying the ministry he left in charge is denyi g him

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
He also left his ministry to other men: the Apostles. Do you deny them? Denying the ministry he left in charge is denyi g him
He gave us His Spirit, all men so we could have the truth from Him, Paul / Saul was our example, so much learning so little truth,

2Ti 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
2Ti 3:6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
2Ti 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

You have your religion, when He comes, and you miss your visitation, just remember you chose men over Him.