1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Do I Have To Go To Church?

Discussion in 'The Church Forum' started by TheAngelBand, Jan 29, 2020.

1. mjrhealth

mjrhealth Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    If you cant trust Christ and Gods Spirit to teach you than you are already without Hope.

stunnedbygrace and amadeus like this.
  2. reformed1689

reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    You don't know Jesus without the Scriptures. Jesus said that God's Word, the scriptures, is truth.

FHII likes this.
  3. Waiting on him

Waiting on him Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    What if the scripture your referencing is in the instructing of the unregenerate of how to come to Christ?

4. FHII

FHII Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Scripture is not God nor Christ? Is it not his words? Did not God give his will in the scripture?

What are you going by then? Are the scripture you give from Christ?

If Jesus and God said those things, should I believe them?

reformed1689 likes this.
  5. FHII

FHII Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I'm afraid I don't understand the question.

6. Ezra

Ezra Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    the old saying you can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink it. but you can add salt to his oats to make him thirsty . david wrote in psalms 122 I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the Lord. the church is important a sanctuary hospital whatever you need. many as w have seen are soured on church .the claim i cant find a good bible teaching church . maybe it should say i cant find a church i like. even in jesus teaching people assembled to hear. if attending Church was not important. God would not have established it . its not so important we go but what we get out of it. we seem to have a lot of morris the cat church goers-------FINICKY ** many worship the name over the door . if your one who thinks no need to go. then by all mans stay at home.. if we as christians would focus on bing salt and light .maybe we could see results . the pastor at the church we go .says i would like to see everyone in church on sunday . but i know it wont happen

7. FHII

FHII Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Christ and God teach through men. It's well established in the scriptures.

reformed1689 likes this.
  8. Waiting on him

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    What am I lacking?

9. mjrhealth

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    See you read and you dont believe, ye who are of little faith. Do you hold position are you afraid to loose it, far better to loose that than your life

10. mjrhealth

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    Christ would rather He find everyone in Him but He knew that wouldnt happen..

11. mjrhealth

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    I quoted bits Jesus spoke and you dont.

12. Waiting on him

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    In the early church no one had a copy of the New Testament. Everyone now has their systematic beliefs, thanks to the RCC.
    What everyone here is referring to as “church” is simply a system of beliefs where no Two can tolerate any.
    This is not church, it’s religion the op would be better labeled

Do I have to go to religion?

stunnedbygrace likes this.
  13. reformed1689

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Don't believe what exactly?

14. mjrhealth

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    HE said He was the truth.

Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Eph_4:21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:

Keep denying Him to your own end.

15. reformed1689

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Yes, you are quoting John 14, I am referring to John 17.

16. amadeus

amadeus Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    An accurate literal thing he may be doing, outdone here perhaps only by yourself. That is not a compliment. I have dealt with him as much as I have because I saw a glimmer of Light, of honesty in him, in spite of his efforts to show his "tough love".

On the other hand I recall a previous encounter with you. Your expressed negative position was strong enough for me to recognize you as someone to avoid as I would a devil. Not even a glimmer of godly Light or Spirit observed. You probably have already an excuse or a negative twist to apply to every verse of scripture to make evil come out as good and good as evil. Never mind because those with "eyes to see" are already understanding where you are and where @reformed1689 is currently heading.

You speak of my ignorance, but what I see in you is worse than ignorance. Ignorance in the things of God can be overcome by Spirit, but delusion comes from losing love of Truth and from quenching the Holy Spirit! The solution to that is absolute surrender to God. Are you ready to do that?

17. FHII

FHII Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I don't even know you. What shall I say you are lacking, and what does that have to do with what I said? Is what I said not true?

Waiting on him likes this.
  18. FHII

FHII Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    The early church and the church Fathers were the Apostles. They didn't have systematic beliefs other than what the likes of Paul set up.

The church spiralled downward after the left, but they did leave a blueprint. Why not ow that?

19. FHII

FHII Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    He also left his ministry to other men: the Apostles. Do you deny them? Denying the ministry he left in charge is denyi g him

20. mjrhealth

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    He gave us His Spirit, all men so we could have the truth from Him, Paul / Saul was our example, so much learning so little truth,

2Ti 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
    2Ti 3:6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
    2Ti 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

You have your religion, when He comes, and you miss your visitation, just remember you chose men over Him.