Do Men Have Authority Over Women?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
absolutely!!! Every single word in the Bible is complete truth. RC Sproul once said that if you disagree with something in the Bible, the problem isnt with the Bible, its with you.
You have repeatedly said heretical things, this isnt the first. The mere thought that something in the Bible could be wrong, is unfathomable to me. Yet not only do you believe paul was wrong, you double down on it. Who else said something wrong? Who else do you disagree with in the Bible??
It's going to be hard for women to get any work done in our churches if they aren't allowed to talk while they work.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think there are very few who think women shouldn't be allowed to talk in churches while they work. In your view, I guess most of us are heretics.

i would hope the majority dont think like you. I dont think you understand how big of an issue this is. If someone were to disagree with a particular church decree, say baby baptisms, that in itself isnt inherently worthy of church discipline. But to have a member outright say paul was wrong, as in something in the Bible is wrong, i gotta say, some people might agree that church discipline be in order.

when you say the Bible is wrong, you are setting up so many problems with what is written in the confessions and catechisms, you are setting up part of the 5 solas as wrong, you are setting up yourself because now others will ask, rightly so, what else do you think is wrong with christianity?

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i would hope the majority dont think like you. I dont think you understand how big of an issue this is. If someone were to disagree with a particular church decree, say baby baptisms, that in itself isnt inherently worthy of church discipline. But to have a member outright say paul was wrong, as in something in the Bible is wrong, i gotta say, some people might agree that church discipline be in order.

when you say the Bible is wrong, you are setting up so many problems with what is written in the confessions and catechisms, you are setting up part of the 5 solas as wrong, you are setting up yourself because now others will ask, rightly so, what else do you think is wrong with christianity?
So you forbid women from talking while they are working in church?

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you forbid women from talking while they are working in church?

women working… if you mean women mentoring younger women or the nurseries or even the little kids Sunday school class, then they can do what they need to. That is their role. But if a woman is acting as an elder or pastor, then no. That is so blatantly wrong.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
women working… if you mean women mentoring younger women or the nurseries or even the little kids Sunday school class, then they can do what they need to. That is their role. But if a woman is acting as an elder or pastor, then no. That is so blatantly wrong.
If you found a group of women in a room in your church planning how to raise money to feed people in a poor neighborhood, would you tell them to be quiet?

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
If you found a group of women in a room in your church planning how to raise money to feed people in a poor neighborhood, would you tell them to be quiet?
personally, i do not allow my "woman" to express "herself" in matters pertaining to Living Stones; but i also dont expect anyone else to think the same way

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
personally, i do not allow my "woman" to express "herself" in matters pertaining to Living Stones; but i also dont expect anyone else to think the same way
LOL... I have at least an idea of where you are coming from with that. I wonder if anyone else does?

Reactions: bbyrd009

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

no. That would be fine. If i went into that room and there were men and women in there, and a woman was directing that group, i might inquire why the men werent leading it.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I just think he was wrong, like if I thought the Cubs would beat the Mets, but they didn't, I'd be wrong - not a liar.
So God was wrong? Remember all Scripture is inspired by God. So if Paul in his letters was wrong it is not Paul you are disagreeing with it is God. That's some pretty dangerous territory Bob!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
LOL... I have at least an idea of where you are coming from with that. I wonder if anyone else does?
well, its a Book about the spiritual realm, huh? And i dont know why, but for whatever reason it started with the Esau/Jacob thing for me, with Jacob “inheriting,” but Esau getting all the material stuff, and Jacob being the one who had to leave? It kinda forced a perspective change in me

you might try yourself as Adam and Eve, fwiw (divided, and the two shall become one)
of course im not “married” (little joke there) to any of these, even seek passages that reject them as analogies, but when i cant find any after a while…

Reactions: amadeus