Do the blacks have a right to hold a grudge?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Blueberry

Nov 2, 2018
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It gets even funnier. My ex's name is Nancy. Back when I was married in the late 80s, I repaired black boxes for commercial jet aircraft. Primarily for the former airline I worked for, but we did units for other customers since we were the maintenance half of a former major airline separated by bankruptcy. The best customer of which was some outfit in North Tonawanda. I had to look it up. Using a paper map. Ah, the good old days.

Of course, I know you are not her. But the name, the general location. God has a sense of humor! And timing. (I've been awake all of 5 minutes.)

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It has taken a few generations, but it seems most of the ills have been corrected.
Far from it. Slavery is rampant throughout the world, with human trafficking earning big bucks for the criminals. The only problem is that the media worldwide are too busy manufacturing fake news instead of exposing this very evil practice so that there is a general awareness of how rampant this is.

Then we also have slavery to drugs, which is a multi-billion dollar business, and yet the politicians failed to seal the southern border at least 100 years ago. And now Mr. Trump also failed to keep his promise.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mmmm. I wonder why? Perhaps its because the Aborigines were hunted down like so many rich adventurers do on a safari in Africa...or like the buffalo were hunted down and slaughtered from trains in the US? Or perhaps its because white folk so kindly took the gold and diamonds out of Africa leaving behind useless land and broken promises. Or again, perhaps its because the native Americans are relegated as 3rd rate citizens as they struggle with addictions and poverty on so-called reservations. Perhaps its because the Maori were deceived into thinking their language needed to be banned, so they taught their own children to learn English exclusively to the detriment of their own culture...not to mention the loss of most of their own country to a foreign invader. Now where else did the mighty white person set up camp to the detriment of the local populace...oh yes, right. South America...nearly all of it. Oh yes, all of North America as well. Then in NA they imported foreigners and offered them "employment". Malaysia. Singapore. Burma. India. Zimbabwe. South Africa. And several other African nations.
But they were centuries ago you might say. The coloured folk just need to get over it. Sure. Easy to say huh. But some aren't that long ago. Ever heard of that island chain half way between America and Japan....Hawaii? Stolen from the native Hawaiians in our lifetime. Just straight out and out grand theft. The royal family booted out physically from their home, which was taken over by the American government. Yes, I would say that a white fella who wanders around with his nose stuck up in the air with the arrogance of a ignorant pig would have every reason to fear.

If I remember correctly, the British originally colonized Australia to use as a penal colony for the worst of the worst of their criminals. Sometimes I am so ashamed of my own race.

Reactions: Helen

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It gets even funnier. My ex's name is Nancy. Back when I was married in the late 80s, I repaired black boxes for commercial jet aircraft. Primarily for the former airline I worked for, but we did units for other customers since we were the maintenance half of a former major airline separated by bankruptcy. The best customer of which was some outfit in North Tonawanda. I had to look it up. Using a paper map. Ah, the good old days.

Of course, I know you are not her. But the name, the general location. God has a sense of humor! And timing. (I've been awake all of 5 minutes.)
That is funnier! Lol...North Tonawanda is very near where I live, lol. Do you recall the place/outfit in N.T.?

Blueberry

Nov 2, 2018
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Far from it. Slavery is rampant throughout the world, with human trafficking earning big bucks for the criminals. The only problem is that the media worldwide are too busy manufacturing fake news instead of exposing this very evil practice so that there is a general awareness of how rampant this is.

Then we also have slavery to drugs, which is a multi-billion dollar business, and yet the politicians failed to seal the southern border at least 100 years ago. And now Mr. Trump also failed to keep his promise.

I hear you. I was referring to the societal norms and systemic racism in the USA.

Blueberry

Nov 2, 2018
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is funnier! Lol...North Tonawanda is very near where I live, lol. Do you recall the place/outfit in N.T.?

No, not offhand. What I can say is that I was surprised to go into that industry to find that there are used part dealers for such things. They might purchase a unit from somewhere, then send it to us to get repaired, overhauled, tested and certified so that they were okay to be used on live aircraft. So it would be some parts dealer almost certainly located at or near an airport there. I only did cabin pressure controllers (CPC21 & 22) for 727/737s for outside vendors.

Its been almost 30 years since I did any of those. I just remember that town/city name as I like the way it sounds. I have several traces of Native American blood. Of which 3 of 4 are tribes of the Iroquois confederation. So I feel some sort of connection with youse guys up that way. My grandmother traced family history back up through there (more New England-ish) to the 1600s or so during the craze in the mid-70s preparing for the bicentennial. She needed to validate her qualifications for becoming a member of the DAR. (Daughters of the American Republic)

Finally was able to get up that way back then as a direct result of repairing those specific units. To Connecticut, to the manufacturer's training school for a couple of weeks. Was a week or two early for the changing of the leaves. But then they changed a week or so early that year according to the locals. So God saw that I even got to see that. Short lived, but those colors are stunning.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I ask because it has really bothered me the last couple of days on how it seems very near to: God holds a grudge(forever). How during a seven year period God will unleash His wrath on people that were not even alive in the Old Testament or at the time of the crucifixion. For seven years God will finish what He started in Daniel on a totally different generation for a seven year period? (It is said the seven year period is) For the Jews to acknowledge Him as their saviour and Lord. But it is not the same Jews that lived then? It is a whole new generation. Is it a grudge?

Victory, let me respond to this part that seems to have been what was bothering you.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but this appears to be based on a false premise: You are saying that God will unleash His wrath on the Jews? Again, if I'm misunderstanding you then I apologize, but the wrath that comes upon the Jews in the end-times is Satan's wrath, not God's. In response, God's wrath will then be poured out upon the nations whom Satan used to try and exterminate them (and the Christians). The nations have always opposed His people since the days of their enslavement in Egypt, and will so more than ever in history during the tribulation, so it will not really be the result of any grudge on God's part but His culminating response a continual habitual hatred the nations exhibited against Israel since the very beginning of their history.

B

brakelite

If we went by this criterion, there is not a single person in the world who should not be holding grudges based upon what happened to theirs forbears.

Go into the history of any country, and someone was oppressing someone else all along. And the animosity between the English, the Scots, the Irish, and the French continues to this day. In Canada, the French still believe that the rest of Canada owes them a living because they were soundly defeated by the English.

What is needed today is for all non-blacks to tell American blacks that it is time to stop this nonsense and get on with life. Any black person in the USA is 100% better off than anyone in the Congo or Somalia for example.
Inherent racism within the psyche of many American people...to the point of becoming a cultural lifestyle...didn't end with the abolition of slavery. Rosa Parks wasn't much older than me and is still a household name, even here in the southern antipodes. And perhaps you could offer me an honest opinion...who stands the better chance of surviving and rehabilitating in a Mississippi prison...a white murderer or a black man convicted of possession of marijuana?

B

brakelite

I ask because it has really bothered me the last couple of days on how it seems very near to: God holds a grudge(forever). How during a seven year period God will unleash His wrath on people that were not even alive in the Old Testament or at the time of the crucifixion. For seven years God will finish what He started in Daniel on a totally different generation for a seven year period? (It is said the seven year period is) For the Jews to acknowledge Him as their saviour and Lord. But it is not the same Jews that lived then? It is a whole new generation. Is it a grudge?
You first need to ascertain the validity of a literal 7 years period, and the grounds upon which that period is established. If found to be fraud, then your question is moot. Matt 24 speaks of "all nations shall hate you for My name's sake". Jesus isn't talking to Israel here, he's speaking to His church. His name is His character. The war in the last days is against all those who not only profess to know Jesus, but who also manifest Hius character in their lives. That is why the final remnant people are described as "keeping the commandments of God and having the faith (or testimony) of Jesus". Revel. 12:17;14:6.
That final war against God's people is instigated by the evil one, because God's people choose to keep God's commandments as opposed to man's. The plagues that come after are not a grudge thing, but a reaction in defense of His people against odds they cannot handle. Similar in fact to the plagues that decimated Egypt because Pharaoh refuse to allow Israel to Shabbat.

Reactions: quietthinker

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You first need to ascertain the validity of a literal 7 years period, and the grounds upon which that period is established. If found to be fraud, then your question is moot. Matt 24 speaks of "all nations shall hate you for My name's sake". Jesus isn't talking to Israel here, he's speaking to His church.

I knew this was probably going to happen, LoL. But for the sake of just batting a few things around, Brakelite, how can you say this verse is not about the Jews when He was addressing Jews when He said it? :confused: Aside from the assumption that there will never be a significant portion of Israel who turn to Christ in the end-times and become the "true Israel of God," what are the main passages from scripture you believe state clearly that God is done with literal Israel? I'm curious.

My apologies for bringing this up again, btw, but I'm still trying to get a handle on the SDA position without having to read through nine miles of material.

Last edited:
B

brakelite

I knew this was probably going to happen, LoL. But for the sake of just batting a few things around, Brakelite, how can you say this verse is not about the Jews when He was addressing Jews when He said it? :confused: Aside from the assumption that there will never be a significant portion of Israel who turn to Christ in the end-times and become the "true Israel of God," what are the main passages from scripture you believe state clearly that God is done with literal Israel? I'm curious.

My apologies for bringing this up again, btw, but I'm still trying to get a handle on the SDA position without having to read through nine miles of material.
Lol. If you don't mind I'll get back to you after I reduce my nine miles of material down to a post. Easy.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Not touching on President Trump (not even going there) but do agree with what you said about human trafficking and the bondage(slavery) of drugs.