Do the blacks have a right to hold a grudge?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Misdirect to where?
to the kingdom that comes by observation, to an enforced literal reading, the Euphrates will literally dry up now, as if that was even needed for a literal army--inferred from "kings of the East" i guess--to cross anyway, and etc. Misdirect to a new, improved def of "last days," midirect to all of our budding young -mancers here, to anyone seeing with Two Eyes, basically

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Why would the Lord be literally misdirecting? As is sometimes the case, I'm having a hard time following you.
um, to hide wisdom from the wise?
which i assume you are fam with, don't wanna preach to the choir lol

one's interp becomes a literal roadmap, it is the interpretation that reveals!
who the wise are, etc
you can even contrast/compare an interpretation with the qualities of the wise/in their own eyes written in Scripture for the reveal, iow the interpreter will display one set of qualities or the other, to your hearing, iow you might even disagree with another on which qualities are being observed, etc.

for instance if i were to say "I am saved," this would be completely acceptable to...many believers, right; it is acceptable to testify about oneself in our nation now iow. Long story short, obv this person will hear diff than...someone who does not believe that

Last edited:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
um, to hide wisdom from the wise?
which i assume you are fam with, don't wanna preach to the choir lol

Yes, I'm familiar with it, LoL.

But now, you do believe the kingdoms of this world are going to become the kingdoms of our God, yes? If so then how do you believe that kingdom will come about? Forgive me, but yours is one theology at this forum that I haven't made out yet (on several matters, actually).

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Yes, I'm familiar with it, LoL.

But now, you do believe the kingdoms of this world are going to become the kingdoms of our God, yes? If so then how do you believe that kingdom will come about? Forgive me, but yours is one theology at this forum that I haven't made out yet (on several matters, actually).
um, how do i believe that the kingdom will come? I believe that it is already, it is within you, us, right this second, and bc we are ppl we seek a chimera in tomorrow like pretty much everyone else, and Scripture was written with this pov specifically in mind. "There is a Huge Final Battle coming to Israel the Country Tomorrow, Almost Surely Probably" becomes another way to say "My ego will become immortal and go to live in heaven/Valhalla with God/Zeus after i have literally died," although the extrapolation may not be so clear. God has to kill some ppl first, right; like, many ppl.

Thank God He is only killing them and not us right
lol

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
um, how do i believe that the kingdom will come? I believe that it is already, it is within you, us, right this second, and bc we are ppl we seek a chimera in tomorrow like pretty much everyone else, and Scripture was written with this pov specifically in mind. "There is a Huge Final Battle coming to Israel the Country Tomorrow, Almost Surely Probably" becomes another way to say "My ego will become immortal and go to live in heaven/Valhalla with God/Zeus after i have literally died," although the extrapolation may not be so clear. God has to kill some ppl first, right; like, many ppl

Ok, well I understand that. But if you believe the kingdom of God is already here, do you believe Christ will eventually fully and completely rule over the earth one day (in Spirit), or do you believe this is it? What we have now is as good as it will ever get.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Ok, well I understand that. But if you believe the kingdom of God is already here, do you believe Christ will eventually fully and completely rule over the earth one day (in Spirit), or do you believe this is it?
yes. Sorry, i know that is not helping much
What we have now is as good as it will ever get.
ah, about tomorrow i don't know, ok, but see right off when you say "what we have now is as good as it will ever get," the world is inferred there? Or believers? This is a trick Q see, bc of "as good as it will ever get," just to warn you. Iow what i am saying is that i have just heard from a foot in both worlds, see, which pls don't take that wrong, i am him too

but for this i would remind you that if you were able to go back to your great-grandfather--or 4 generations ago according to Hebrew counting, incidentally--and describe your life to him, he might likely seek to have you burned at the stake for a witch, your description would be so incomprehensible to him

sow better, reap better, imo it's just that simple

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah, about tomorrow i don't know, ok, but see right off when you say "what we have now is as good as it will ever get," the world is inferred there? Or believers? This is a trick Q see, bc of "as good as it will ever get," just to warn you

Well the world, LoL. I didn't mean it to be a trick question. Or are you saying the Lord never intended to rule the entire world, spiritually or literally.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Well the world, LoL. I didn't mean it to be a trick question.
ah, i meant i was posing a trick Q, but nevermind as you have been honest here.
Or are you saying the Lord never intended to rule the entire world, spiritually or literally.
yes, this. The world is passing away, the world is not the earth iow

Reactions: Helen

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I can see this is going to be a long discussion, LoL. How do you differentiate between the world and the earth?
Btw, I only have so much stamina for discussions like this, and my clock is running. Ha!
your description of your contemporary life?

Yes, our contemporary lives are getting better. Much better. But while you might view me as too pessimistic, I think our spiritual and moral condition may soon go to Hell in a handbasket. Islam is the fastest growing religion on earth, not Christianity, and they have this nasty way of settling disputes by strapping explosives to themselves and blowing up large numbers of people, or taking over buildings and gunning them all down, or lining people up and filming themselves cutting their heads off shouting "Allahu Akbar!" And if the economies of this world grind to a halt under the massive debt load (which I think they will), we will likely see ALL of humanity revert back to immoral states far worse than anything my great grandfather ever witnessed.

Sorry about the negativity, but what I see coming will not be pretty (unfortunately).

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And perhaps you could offer me an honest opinion...who stands the better chance of surviving and rehabilitating in a Mississippi prison...a white murderer or a black man convicted of possession of marijuana?
Naturally the white murderer would have a better chance.

By the same token why did the black man go into VOLUNTARY SLAVERY by messing with drugs, whether marijuana or anything else?

You mentioned Rosa Parks, but long before Rosa Parks, Booker T. Washington -- who was an actual slave -- showed blacks how to be free from moral, spiritual, and economic slavery. If you have never read Up From Slavery, you should do so. This man earned the respect of both blacks and white by leadership.

"Washington, Booker T. (1856-1915) - American writer and educationist. Born a slave in Virginia, he was later educated at the Hampton Institute and went on to establish and head the Tuskegee Institute in Alabama. Up From Slavery (1901) - Booker T. Washington’s autobiography details his rise from slavery to the leadership of his race. This is a simple yet dramatic record of Washington’s dedication to the education of black Americans."

http://www.pinkmonkey.com/dl/library1/slavery.pdf

Reactions: Willie T

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I hear you. I was referring to the societal norms and systemic racism in the USA.
Which was already becoming a thing of the past until Obama decided to revive Black Racism (with help from Louis Farrakhan).

Did you know that they suppressed a photograph of Obama with a wide grin on his face, in the company of this Black Muslim who preaches "Kill all the Whites and Jews"? It was published just recently by conservative media.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah, i meant i was posing a trick Q, but nevermind as you have been honest here.
Btw, I only have so much stamina for discussions like this, and my clock is running. Ha!

Btw, hope you weren't offended by that. I was as much admitting my own frailties as poking fun at your comment.

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Education is not as simple for Blacks as it is for Whites. To excel in the White Man's school marks a Black student, and targets him or her for humiliation by their peers. My wife had about 75 tutors working for her, and almost all of them (they were both Black and White) reported that nearly all of their Black students purposely did sub-standard work and deliberately failed tests in order to save face with their peers.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I can see this is going to be a long discussion, LoL. How do you differentiate between the world and the earth?
boy, i'm not sure how ppl conflate them, this is...something i've never really confronted before in others i guess, till here. So i don't want to redefine something Scripture has defined, but my understanding is that Kosmos, World is what people make on the Erets, Earth, and we can either be "of the world" or not of it, we can also be in it but not of it, etc. Wild animals are not "of the world," little kids are not, until they "find" it so to speak, the world is what is passing away as opposed to the earth, we shall reign upon the earth, the "god of this world" is satan, 4:4, one of the Corinthians i think...um, i guess whenever i hear "world" i think "some guy's will or some bunch of guys, not God's will."
Yes, our contemporary lives are getting better. Much better. But while you might view me as too pessimistic, I think our spiritual and moral condition may soon go to Hell in a handbasket. Islam is the fastest growing religion on earth, not Christianity, and they have this nasty way of settling disputes by strapping explosives to themselves and blowing up large numbers of people, or taking over buildings and gunning them all down, or lining people up and filming themselves cutting their heads off shouting "Allahu Akbar!"
ah, that is strictly the stage show for the MSM, those "Muslims" usually have Special Forces tattoos i guess lol, rarely know which direction Mecca is, and most likely get paid from your treasury i guess. Are some "Muslims" like that anyway? sure, they are just people, and you won't convince any of them that Hitler was not a Christian either, i guess.

but if you perceive them as your enemy, then i guess your path is clear, but i would like to at least suggest that you note any incongruous lack of personal grievance in this context, iow an accounting of your personal grievances against Muslims will be duly noted and will be admitted as evidence, ok?
And if the economies of this world grind to a halt under the massive debt load (which I think they will), we will likely see ALL of humanity revert back to immoral states far worse than anything my great grandfather ever witnessed.

Sorry about the negativity, but what I see coming will not be pretty (unfortunately).
the eye is the lamp of the body, and what "we" see is what we get i bet!
you are being honest here, and condemning yourself at the same time, see.
we anticipate a Zombie Apocalypse, and ignore the dying right now, the 51% fat, sick, and nearly dead i guess. I mean i know ppl perish for lack of a vision, but yikes?

Last edited:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but if you perceive them as your enemy, then i guess your path is clear, but i would like to at least suggest that you note any incongruous lack of personal grievance in this context, iow an accounting of your personal grievances against Muslims will be duly noted and will be admitted as evidence, ok?

No, not me. In spite of the atrocities I don't count them as enemies, even if they count me as such for condemning them. I'm just bringing up established facts for the most part. Such acts are not my imagination and certainly not wishful thinking on my part, they are observable realities already, and the fact that Islam is now growing increasingly in the earth even as Christianity is slowly fading gives me reason to voice concerns about the future.
the eye is the lamp of the body, and what "we" see is what we get i bet!
you are being honest here, and condemning yourself at the same time, see.
we anticipate a Zombie Apocalypse, and ignore the dying right now, the 51% fat, sick, and nearly dead i guess. I mean i know ppl perish for lack of a vision, but yikes?

My mother uses this line of argument all the time, and I don't buy it from her either, LoL. I do believe in having a vision for the future, but according to scripture (at least as I read it) the hope for that vision of the future rests entirely on the Lord Jesus Christ returning in power to execute judgment upon the wicked. See, the Muslims don't view our forgiveness and kindness in the face of aggression as being wisdom; they view it as stupidity and gullibility, and all the more reason why we should be exposed as fools. It's for this same reason that they have no respect for the notion that Jesus would willingly sacrifice Himself on a cross.

So having a positive outlook isn't going to work with them, unless you mean embracing the notion that the world will finally be a better place under Islamic rule. But speaking of Hitler, there were people who believed everyone should just live and let live with him as well. The result was 6,000,000 Jews got exterminated and another 5,000,000 non-Jews, plus many millions more who died on the field of battle. Thinking positively about Hitler and the situation that loomed before the world at that time didn't make those dangers go away, and many Muslim leaders have likewise vowed the extermination of the Jewish race off the planet entirely during our time. I agree that Christians should never behave in a way that makes Scripture a self-fulfilling prophecy by regarding people as automatically evil, and as a people I tend to like Muslims. But ignoring the warning signs out of a desire to only see things positively and have a happy vision of the future is like ignoring the Tyrannosaurus Rex in the room. Hoping it will go away if we are nice enough to it isn't going to work. It's just going to get that many more people eaten, LoL.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do the blacks have a right to hold a grudge for what was done to their enslaved ancestors? Let me say I have never suffered racism so maybe I don’t know. Maybe when they say they are always a target, maybe they are. But it is the mentality that “since my ancestors where treated so poorly,
it gives me a free pass (forever)to be bitter and full of hate and blame toward whites.” Whites who were not there during slavery. The same could be said for whites if they lump blacks today in with the “slave” mentality and consider them beneath the whites...always at the bottom. I ask because it has really bothered me the last couple of days on how it seems very near to: God holds a grudge(forever). How during a seven year period God will unleash His wrath on people that were not even alive in the Old Testament or at the time of the crucifixion. For seven years God will finish what He started in Daniel on a totally different generation for a seven year period? (It is said the seven year period is) For the Jews to acknowledge Him as their saviour and Lord. But it is not the same Jews that lived then? It is a whole new generation. Is it a grudge?

John 10:17
[17] Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.
Two things:

1) It is not just blacks who are always a target - whether it is one thing or another, everyone has that target on their back. What blacks have is an excuse that makes it seem like other people are the enemy. But we do not fight against flesh and blood, but against powers and principalities in the heavenly realm, etc..

2) But, no, God does not hold a grudge, nor is that what is meant in the book of Daniel. With God, it is a done deal..."in the twinkling of an eye" "before the foundation of the world." This is just an enactment of what was and is, experienced by the characters in the story (history / His story) through revelations on a "created" timeline that does not actually exist with God, but is more like a story that is fully conceived before fully written or published.

As for what was told to Daniel, it was not about seven years, but about seven "times", which is an allegory of what is also considered seven thousand years. But, remember..."with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day." Which just validates that time in the world is no more fixed than story time written by a timeless God.

So, no, we are not waiting while God holds a grudge. We are waiting until the last characters are born in the story, so that they can hear it before the end.

And that all means, God does not hold a grudge, but is fair, and just, and patient.

Reactions: mjrhealth

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, not offhand. What I can say is that I was surprised to go into that industry to find that there are used part dealers for such things. They might purchase a unit from somewhere, then send it to us to get repaired, overhauled, tested and certified so that they were okay to be used on live aircraft. So it would be some parts dealer almost certainly located at or near an airport there. I only did cabin pressure controllers (CPC21 & 22) for 727/737s for outside vendors.

Its been almost 30 years since I did any of those. I just remember that town/city name as I like the way it sounds. I have several traces of Native American blood. Of which 3 of 4 are tribes of the Iroquois confederation. So I feel some sort of connection with youse guys up that way. My grandmother traced family history back up through there (more New England-ish) to the 1600s or so during the craze in the mid-70s preparing for the bicentennial. She needed to validate her qualifications for becoming a member of the DAR. (Daughters of the American Republic)

Finally was able to get up that way back then as a direct result of repairing those specific units. To Connecticut, to the manufacturer's training school for a couple of weeks. Was a week or two early for the changing of the leaves. But then they changed a week or so early that year according to the locals. So God saw that I even got to see that. Short lived, but those colors are stunning.
Oh how I love the Fall here! The American Indians have always intrigued me, and I believe they were very taken advantage of by the Europeans. I know several of them, one is a born again Christian, giant of a man! lol. We have so many Tribal names around here, especially street names: Onondaga, Shenandoah, Tuscarora...lot's in South Buffalo. I'm glad you got too see the Fall leaves!