Do unitarians go to hell?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't read commentaries instead I read what it is more beneficial and encouraging for me and that is to allow the Bible to interpret the Bible because that's what New Covenant prophesy is and the Holy Spirit is the Teacher.
no need to complain, commentaries only help and not the final authority, I thought you knew that. Oh well good day.

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
no need to complain, commentaries only help and not the final authority, I thought you knew that. Oh well good day.

I wasn't complaining, only explaining why I don't read commentaries. Are you implying those that don't read commentaries don't know God?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Green grass.

Humanity is the sheep and the goats are the nations, Zephaniah 3:8 and the nations have already been judged. The sin debt has been paid and we are all reconciled and for those who believe in His Son, have eternal life. It is an individual salvation now and for those who believe, they are a nation, in Christ and we can't have a nation, in Christ without a King reigning.

Not all Christians are Dispy but many are or will be recovering from being Dispy. I'm still in the recovery stage and unable to do battle, at this time, with those that are still Dispy. But that's ok, the battle isn't mine anyway, I just stand, Ephesians 6:13.

I agree.
For me, in the Revelation 'judgement' to the 7 churches that @101G quoting..and most all other 'judgements'...is about what we LOSE if we don't hold to the true. If we think- Bride, Son's, Virgins, Overcomers as in Rev 2 ...those falling short will loses.
I personally do not believe in a harsh judgement as some teach...but a very sad.."wailing and gnashing of teeth" kind of judgement when we see where we could have been but are not!! This to me is what Paul was saying when he said " lest I be a castaway"...and missing the mark...of the prize of the high calling in Christ Jesus.
This, to me, is the Race that we are to run... and the good fight of faith.

The yucky kind of judgement that some believe in, I believe ended at the Cross...that is what it was all about. Jesus Christ took all the Judgement...that is why it is such a Great Salvation... ✟
" He shall see of the travail of His soul, and shall be satisfied "

This is where I stick. :)

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith...belief...in Jesus Christ is the only way to be saved. That is the Jesus Christ of the Bible. As the Bible declares Him to be.

If one is a unitarian and decides to come to Jesus Christ as his Lord and Saviour, recognizing He is the Son of God, then he can be saved. But, if he is a Unitarian and believing in the Jesus of the Unitarians, then he is not saved as he is not placing faith in Jesus Christ. One may as well say muslims are saved because they believe Jesus was a prophet.

Stranger

Reactions: Helen and Armadillo

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The danger of allowing the bible to interprate anything for you is all to often the reader gets in the road and sopils it. kinda difficult to grasp it after that

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The danger of allowing the bible to interprate anything for you is all to often the reader gets in the road and sopils it. kinda difficult to grasp it after that
You're correct. Proverbs 1:7 "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction". and so many people now want to say the language is hard to understand, or the greek is not right, every excuse in the book. NO, it's not the language or the greek, no, it's you the Person that is not RIGHT. the bible is not to be interpreted by you the person, but to be revealed by God to you the person, scripture 2 Peter 1:20 "Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation". if people KNOW this FIRST, they wouldn't complain so much, but because they want the scriptures to say what they want them to say, now they have problems. Just like good Hermeneutics, it don't interpret the scriptures for you but help you "discover" the writer intent. and if one fear the Lord they would let God reveal the scriptures to them.

be blessed.

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
but because they want the scriptures to say what they want them to say, now they have problems.

the bible is not to be interpreted by you the person

The Bible can and is being interpreted by the person and many are the commentators or those that have zeal but no knowledge of salvation.

that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation

Exactly, and interpreting the Bible without the Holy Spirit, you can come up with all sorts of nonsense and make God whoever you want Him to be whether He is an angry God, so much pent up anger just biting at the bit for vengeance or the good God, full of love and compassion for His creation. You can't have both Gods, but sadly many do.

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do unitarian Christians who worship only The Father and consider Jesus to be the Messiah, inspired by God, but not part of a Trinity, go to hell? Can you pray only to The Father and still have a chance to be saved?

According to Scriptures, yes. But all sin is forgivable except blaspheme against the Holy Spirit.

1 John 4:2-3
2 "Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God.
3 " And every spirit that confesseth NOT that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is NOT of God."

Father speaks of His son Hebrews 1:8
"But unto the Son He saith, Thy throne O God, is for ever and ever: a scepter of righteousness is the scepter of thy kingdom."

Matthew 28:19
"... baptizing them in the name (singular) of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:"

All three distinct persons subsisting in the Godhead.

Praying to the Father will not help either as one has to pray in Jesus name.

To God Be The Glory

Reactions: Armadillo

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do unitarian Christians who worship only The Father and consider Jesus to be the Messiah, inspired by God, but not part of a Trinity, go to hell? Can you pray only to The Father and still have a chance to be saved?

Lucian,

John Piper has what I think is an excellent explanation for your question:

Would someone need to believe in the Trinity to be saved?

They certainly wouldn't have to know that word, and they wouldn't have to be able to articulate it very well. But, what they need to do is not deny essential things about it.

So a person may never hear of such a thing as a "trinity" and be saved. But if you asked them, "The Jesus you are believing in, is he divine or is he just a man?" If they said he is not divine, then I think that is a major problem.

I don't think a person has to even hear about the Holy Spirit to be saved. Is that radical? I don't think so.

Now, if you get taught about the Holy Spirit and what he has done for you and then you say, "I don't think it took the Holy Spirit to save me," well, then I'm going to question your salvation. But goodness! I just spent five minutes unpacking the gospel and didn't mention the Holy Spirit at all! And that isn't because he is not essential. We would never believe without him. But knowing the details about how God caused you to believe is not essential. Yet, denying it once it has been made known to you—that would undermine essential things (source).​

So he considers that a person may not know the name of the Trinity to be saved, but as one grows in the faith, if he denies the persons of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit in giving salvation, that person's salvation would be questioned or doubted.

Oz

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If grace was a doctrine, what you write, is true but I don't believe Grace is a doctrine, Grace is Jesus. It's not because of our doctrine we are His because if that were so, we would love our doctrine more than we love Jesus and we would be no different from any other religion. We are to believe not our doctrine, it could be wrong, but to just believe on the one whom He has sent, John 6:29 and at the moment of belief, John 3:7, the Holy Spirit moves in, John 14:16 and you will be sealed with the Holy Spirit, Ephesians 1:13, and you will have eternal life, 1 John 2:25 and this eternal life is what we hold onto, 1 Timothy 6:12. The promise God gave me is eternal life and I am the righteousness of God in Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:21 and this is our good confession, 1 Timothy 6:12. It's all about Jesus!

God showed His love by the Cross, 1 John 4:9.

Armadillo,

This paragraph of yours was dominated by doctrine:
  • Grace
  • Christology
  • Belief/faith
  • Doctrineless belief
  • Pneumatology
  • Gospel and eternal life
Doctrine/teaching is important. Just observe the many references to “false prophets” in the NT (see Matt 24:11, 24; Mk 13:22; Lk 6:26; 1 John 4:1-6; 2 Peter 2:1). See the doctrine on 'false teachers' (Acts 20:28-30; 2 Tim 4:3-4).

You're teaching doctrine as you write on this forum, some of it false doctrine IMO.

Oz

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Agree ...Oz....I was saved almost a year before I heard anything about the Holy Spirit. So , I obviously knew nothing about The Trinity...and I must say I didn't hear any preaching about it either!

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Doctrine/teaching is important. Just observe the many references to “false prophets” in the NT (see Matt 24:11, 24; Mk 13:22; Lk 6:26; 1 John 4:1-6; 2 Peter 2:1). See the doctrine on 'false teachers' (Acts 20:28-30; 2 Tim 4:3-4).

You're teaching doctrine as you write on this forum, some of it false doctrine IMO.

Good thing it's not your opinion that matters most but thanks for sharing. False doctrine, false teaching, false prophets and you're going to hell gets thrown around on this forum like confetti.

Reactions: lforrest and Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oneness Pentecostals (e.g. United Pentecostal Church International) are unitarian.
I think not! I was a member of the UPC [and similar groups] for about 11 years ending in 1987.

Unitarians do not believe that Jesus was or is God. He was only a man, but specially chosen by God.

The Oneness Jesus Only people [such as the UPC] believe that there is no Trinity, but that Jesus, the Father and the Holy Ghost are all one and the same and only God: We used to sing a song that states it simply:

"Jesus is the name of the Father; Jesus is the name of the Son; Jesus is the name of the Holy Ghost... and all these three are one.

Reactions: Helen and Pisteuo