Do we even have the correct definition of "saved?"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Truth restores and heals what we have distorted from truth. Simply put, it is our dishonesty which destroys us, and our honesty of heart which saves us.
Anything we define by our false-self will be distorted, deceptive, and illusionary. Only the innermost being knows and can define what is true. Our 'self' is incapable of doing this.

What the 'self' does is try and grasp truth (our salvation) through knowledge (reasoning and logic), but can never do so, because the nature of self opposes the nature of truth, or our inner being. Self's best efforts to grasp salvation is through constructing thoughts and feelings about salvation and how it belongs to the self through seeking, defining, claiming, investing into its own constructed definition of salvation to suit its wants and needs of worthiness.

This self-fabricated construction of salvation is made up of many fragmented parts of what it thinks truth/salvation is. As a whole it seems very convincing - just what the self wants. The whole construction of salvation is not true, but an illusion of the mind. Even when it seems to feel right, it is not fulfilling, not whole as we know it could be. It's incomplete, wondering if we will ever fulfill our purpose here on earth. To walk with God again.

Salvation is of the spirit. Only the spirit knows about salvation. To be saved, we need to stay conscious of the spirit.

John 4:24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth."

Stay in love with the Love that loves you.
again, satan's dialectic, but good points regardless imo

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Jesus' BODY was Subject to Death. His Body did not come out of the Dust of the Earth or out from the SEED of an earthly man.

Where did you READ that! In Roman Catholic comics. Jesus' body was not subject to death; had He been a sinner his whole being and not only his body would have been subject to death. <<His Body did not come out of the Dust of the Earth or out from the SEED of an earthly man>> THAT'S RIGHT!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where did you READ that!

Oh...hum how about...Matt 16: 20 for example...?

In Roman Catholic comics.

Gee ... never heard of that...do you keep a running subscription?

Jesus' body was not subject to death;

Really? You mean Jesus' BODILY DEATH was a big surprise to Him? Yet somehow he FORETOLD His Disciples details of His Death before it happened?

had He been a sinner

Hold on partner...WHO said ANYTHING about Jesus being a sinner?

his whole being and not only his body would have been subject to death.

Why is that? Saved Humans souls are not subject to Death and neither is a humans Quickened spirit.

God prepared Jesus a body to be given unto death...but his soul and spirit was not sacrificed unto death.

Heb 10:
[5] Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a bodyhast thou prepared me:

Heb 10:
[10] By the which will we are sanctified through theoffering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: r1xlx

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Actually rather than focusing on this temporal life of mine in this flesh or some next time or place or even body, I believe that our focus should be always on Him the One we love because it is His kingdom and His righteousness without regard to location in some other physical place or time in some future. Now is always the time and today is always the day.
which is also the actual punchline in the passage we misquote "to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord" yeh?

Reactions: amadeus

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Oh...hum how about...Matt 16: 20 for example...?

Really? You mean Jesus' BODILY DEATH was a big surprise to Him? Yet somehow he FORETOLD His Disciples details of His Death before it happened?

Hold on partner...WHO said ANYTHING about Jesus being a sinner?

Why is that? Saved Humans souls are not subject to Death and neither is a humans Quickened spirit.

God prepared Jesus a body to be given unto death...but his soul and spirit was not sacrificed unto death.

Heb 10:
[5] Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a bodyhast thou prepared me:

Heb 10:
[10] By the which will we are sanctified through theoffering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Glory to God,
Taken

There's nothing you can say or even think that is not an expression somehow of your presupposition of a body that is mortal and a 'wind' like something in the body that isn't mortal.

We speak two languages each one language the other doesn't know.

Sorry, off you go, remember to take you laurels with you and shut the door please.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
OH, the Devil got more Play then God in the New Testament.
How unjust of God.

Your Job was to search the Scripture to See WHAT WAS TRUE.

You should test EVERY VERSE OF SCRIPTURE AGAINST SCRIPTURE.

I do this sort of thing.
Most of it adds up, as in not only 1 but 3 talked about it.

With Paul, Paul Disagrees with MANY, Many TIMES.

Paul not only DOES NOT AGREE,
PAUL DISAGREES with many others in the Bible.
He CONTRADICTS The APOSTLES And Prophets.

Oh Paul not only contradicts the Apostles and Prophets, Paul also Contradicts The Holy Spirit, Jesus and God.

I have MANY Examples, by the very hand of Paul.

By your very own Examples, standards and procedures I'm not surprised.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's nothing you can say or even think that is not an expression somehow of your presupposition of a body that is mortal and a 'wind' like something in the body that isn't mortal.

No clue what your mind has conjured up or what your mouth is babbling forth.

...your presupposition of a body that is mortal and a 'wind' like something in the body that isn't mortal...

Notice that is not my quote...?

I noticed.

Why are you bothering me with speaking for yourself, then responding to yourself?

LOL...the weird things people do!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Glory to God,
Taken

80343218_1059656687707654_4619023849793519616_n.png

Reactions: bbyrd009