Do we even have the correct definition of "saved?"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Child of God

Feb 18, 2020
Seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But that's a fallacy since you can only KNOW what you are doing now....not in the future. You can hope. It's funny how that word hope is never used by modern people yet it is one of the big three..faith HOPE and love. Not....faith know and love.

So you Admit you are CHILD in the Hands Of God?
Or
Are you a MAN in the Hands of God?

Or Are you looking to take Gods Place?

I just do not see Humility, in your post.

Are you HUMBLE,
Before God?

Or are.
You are going to tell God Hell was not Big Enough for me, I am Coming for you?

I am confused, whose side are you on?

Faith, Hope and Love,
The Greatest of theses is Love.

It is actually in Scripture.

Child of God

Feb 18, 2020
Seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet he wrote over half the New Testament. So did you cut those epistles out of your Bible? If not what are you waiting for?
I follow Jesus in the Name of God.

If you can not follow Jesus, and must follow Paul, that is as a matter OF FACT the problem with those that call themselves Christian.

They do NOT FOLLOW JESUS,
They Follow Paul.

Jesus Leads to GOD,
Follow Jesus and you will come to God.

Follow Paul?
Where does Paul lead his followers,
Please USE SCRIPTURES to explain where Paul was leading his followers?

USE SCRIPTURE.

Jesus Leads his Followers to GOD.

Where does Paul lead his Followers?

I have read Paul, He says HE PAUL IS THE MAN, Numerous times.

Where does Paul lead you?

If Paul leads you to Christ, then you must give up the ways of Paul and come to Christ, Just as a Follower of John then the Baptist would have given up the ways of John and come to Christ.

You People want to claim we are followers of Christ, when you CLING to the ways of Paul.

Mat_6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Luk_16:13 No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Are you followers of Jesus Christ?
or
Are you followers of the false prophet Paul?

You have to pick one or the other.

Child of God

Feb 18, 2020
Seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet he wrote over half the New Testament. So did you cut those epistles out of your Bible? If not what are you waiting for?

OH, the Devil got more Play then God in the New Testament.
How unjust of God.

Your Job was to search the Scripture to See WHAT WAS TRUE.

You should test EVERY VERSE OF SCRIPTURE AGAINST SCRIPTURE.

I do this sort of thing.
Most of it adds up, as in not only 1 but 3 talked about it.

With Paul, Paul Disagrees with MANY, Many TIMES.

Paul not only DOES NOT AGREE,
PAUL DISAGREES with many others in the Bible.
He CONTRADICTS The APOSTLES And Prophets.

Oh Paul not only contradicts the Apostles and Prophets, Paul also Contradicts The Holy Spirit, Jesus and God.

I have MANY Examples, by the very hand of Paul.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Oh Paul not only contradicts the Apostles and Prophets, Paul also Contradicts The Holy Spirit, Jesus and God.

I have MANY Examples, by the very hand of Paul.
No. You don't. You may think you do, but you are deceiving yourself. And others. And Paul would be horrified if he learned that someone thought his letters were encouraging people to follow him. He said emulate him yes, but emulate Paul in following Christ.

Reactions: GerhardEbersoehn

Child of God

Feb 18, 2020
Seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Truth restores and heals what we have distorted from truth. Simply put, it is our dishonesty which destroys us, and our honesty of heart which saves us.
Anything we define by our false-self will be distorted, deceptive, and illusionary. Only the innermost being knows and can define what is true. Our 'self' is incapable of doing this.

What the 'self' does is try and grasp truth (our salvation) through knowledge (reasoning and logic), but can never do so, because the nature of self opposes the nature of truth, or our inner being. Self's best efforts to grasp salvation is through constructing thoughts and feelings about salvation and how it belongs to the self through seeking, defining, claiming, investing into its own constructed definition of salvation to suit its wants and needs of worthiness.

This self-fabricated construction of salvation is made up of many fragmented parts of what it thinks truth/salvation is. As a whole it seems very convincing - just what the self wants. The whole construction of salvation is not true, but an illusion of the mind. Even when it seems to feel right, it is not fulfilling, not whole as we know it could be. It's incomplete, wondering if we will ever fulfill our purpose here on earth. To walk with God again.

Salvation is of the spirit. Only the spirit knows about salvation. To be saved, we need to stay conscious of the spirit.

John 4:24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth."

Stay in love with the Love that loves you.

Here is poetic words,

FORCE, unregulated or ill-regulated, is not only wasted in the void, like that of gunpowder burned in the open air, and steam unconfined by science; but, striking in the dark, and its blows meeting only the air, they recoil and bruise itself. It is destruction and ruin. It is the volcano, the earthquake, the cyclone;-not growth and progress. It is Polyphemus blinded, striking at random, and falling headlong among the sharp rocks by the impetus of his own blows.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The saved do not "think" they are saved, but know they are.

The problem is: but Lord, Lord...

Another problem: when did we see you hungry and give you food...

The first think/know/are convinced that they will be welcomed in.

The second have no idea they fed Him even though they did.

Reactions: bbyrd009

r1xlx

Feb 26, 2020
HESSLE
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry, no, it wasn’t. Don’t get me wrong this is a public forum and you’re entitled to disagree; however no offense but your Bible is quite a bit smaller than mine? Iow There are many verses that you are not accepting in to your doctrine at the moment, in order to continue believing that you might go to heaven after you have died

And also, nowhere did I say you got the question wrong anyway; I’m sure you replied as truthfully as you are able, It’s just that “saved” currently means “going to heaven after you have died” to you right now, Right?

r1xlx

Feb 26, 2020
HESSLE
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry, no, it wasn’t. Don’t get me wrong this is a public forum and you’re entitled to disagree; however no offense but your Bible is quite a bit smaller than mine? Iow There are many verses that you are not accepting in to your doctrine at the moment, in order to continue believing that you might go to heaven after you have died

And also, nowhere did I say you got the question wrong anyway; I’m sure you replied as truthfully as you are able, It’s just that “saved” currently means “going to heaven after you have died” to you right now, Right?

No-one goes to heaven.
Jesus said so.
The saints who came out of their graves when He ws crucified showed the dead are all in their graves waiting His Second Coming or else waiting for Judgment Day.

Reactions: GerhardEbersoehn

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I teach and I teach - but you never learn.

I've seen your C-Doctrinal teaching.
I've heard your C-Doctrinal teaching.
Your teaching is Not in harmony with The Lords Doctrine
Your teaching IS Corrupt.
You have been told you have been Rejected as a Teacher, and told WHY.

You can never make Scripture say what you want because there is too much corresponding Scripture that destroys your point.

LOL...I am not the one who re-Writes Scripture to meet my personal C-Doctrine, as you do.

The Lords Doctrine, is of my own election to accept as my own to follow.

There is not ONE Scripture YOU have presented that is Not in Harmony with the Lords Doctrine.

THAT'S what I mean by "context" of Scripture. 1 John 3:9 on its own says ONE thing - but in light of the rest of Scripture, it is talking about going back to a LIFE of willful sin - not stumbling once in a while.

Here IS:

1 John 3:9
[9] Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

but in light of the rest of Scripture,

Where IS:
this "But in light" rest of scripture that claims "a man born of God", continues to Sin?

You'll never get it because you don't understand CONTEXT . . .

Sure I do...
Where is this Context you say exists? ...that a man "born of God"...can sin, can commit sin, stumbles, but should try to not willfully sin??

And FYI... while you are looking for a non-existent text, to to validate your "teaching"...
You might do well to remember...

Jesus "was born of God"...!
(So keep in mind, while you attempt to find your non-existent text...your teaching...a man "born of God"...able to stumble and sin...would by your teaching also Apply to Jesus!)

And once again why your Corrupt teaching IS rejected!

Glory to God,
Taken

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While you, @bbyrd009 and @amadeus may focus on this life, in in one sense it is most crucial to do so for it we do not accept the life and character of Christ now, we will have no life or character to take with us into the next.
@ScottA @bbyrd009
Actually rather than focusing on this temporal life of mine in this flesh or some next time or place or even body, I believe that our focus should be always on Him the One we love because it is His kingdom and His righteousness without regard to location in some other physical place or time in some future. Now is always the time and today is always the day.

Jesus says it thusly:

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." Matt 6:33-34

If we are always seeking His kingdom and His righteousness now, if we are always seeking His face now... what else is needful? Indeed what else should cause us concern? And remember also the words of David:

"When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek." Psalm 27:8

Now bbyrd often speaks of the"death more abundantly' as something not to be hoped for,
I believe @bbyrd009 in his eye catching manner is trying to get people to open their eyes as to what they focusing on when there really is something better, Life, in the Face of God, which is available now and here that is Not death. People looking always at "my salvation" and "my never ending life" later on instead of toward Him Now in effect are focusing on the abundant death in me in my flesh, instead of unending Life in Him:

"This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

yet I suggest that the life to be looked forward to which is Eternal in the heavens and in the new Earth is the very one that offers us the greatest hope, and the one the world, which is groaning in travail under the corporate weight of sin and death, needs.
Again, why always looking forward to some nebulous future? Jesus said, "

"And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?" John 11:26

It does not say that beginning after while or when our allotted time in the flesh is over. He is speaking of Now that with belief in Him, whosoever will Never die! He was not speaking only of Martha!
KJV 1 Corinthians 15
23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death....
KJV 1 Corinthians 15
19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.

I reemphasize here that to me, Christ has already come. The enemies to be put under His feet are any still remaining in me!

"She hath killed her beasts; she hath mingled her wine; she hath also furnished her table." Prov 9:2
The antecedent for the pronoun, "she" is wisdom found in the immediately preceding verse. The beasts to be killed are found here:

"For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world." I John 2:16

Jesus took away the sin, but the ways leading back to sin are the "beasts" in us and need to be killed: "the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life"

The hope is Christ in this "life" only speaks of the hope in this flesh life without Christ. With Christ alive in us, we have Life, unending Life and we have it Now... not again in some nebulous hereafter. Forget about tomorrow! Focus on Him today!

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem is: but Lord, Lord...

Another problem: when did we see you hungry and give you food...

The first think/know/are convinced that they will be welcomed in.

The second have no idea they fed Him even though they did.
Yes, the problem is defined by those who "think" but are wrong. They are the "ear tickling", feel good group.

But you can't "think" you "know." That is a contradiction in terms, but many live by it. The only way one can know they are saved or know anything of God, is to hear it from God in spirit: "Hear what the spirit says to the churches." "My sheep hear My voice." It starts by believing, but is finished by God. He is the one who confirms if it is actually true.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
No-one goes to heaven.
Jesus said so.
The saints who came out of their graves when He ws crucified showed the dead are all in their graves waiting His Second Coming or else waiting for Judgment Day.
ha well or possibly not waiting for anything, and the ones reported to have come out of their graves just literally being misunderstood