Do We Have False Teachers {WE SURE DO}

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
God's Words Are Infallible

The words of God, as recorded in the Bible, are an infallible guide to humanity. Moses wrote.
see, now all of the sudden we are talking about "words," or at least you are, but these are not "Word," and also make no sense when considered in light of other Scripture:

"In the beginning was the words, and the words were with God..." nope

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so will the first guy you ask, in the first bar you walk into, ok. Should be a clue. But i understand if this is somewhat inconceivable lol, and i would suggest googling it over asking me, surely someone smarter than me has posted a more followable reflection on this matter.

That is, if your inability to resolve
"In the beginning was the Bible..."
is not clue enough for you, which i understand ok, i would want more too.
Jesus is the Word, and He is God, The Bible is referenced many times as being God's Word.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
May I also add

Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”
Matthew 4:4 | NIV
Jesus when talking about "word" as you say, says what?
It. Is. WRITTEN!
notice what you did there though; you did not hear any word come out of God's mouth. You read an account of Christ saying "this is written."

As far as the quote goes, imo excellent advice; every Word you hear from the mouth of God, please quote here. Because obviously this Word would not even be debatable, right. Fine, then let's do it this way; I got a Word from God's Mouth that the Bible is not the Word. Therefore it is not debatable. Go.

Reactions: Mjh29

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
see, now all of the sudden we are talking about "words," or at least you are, but these are not "Word," and also make no sense when considered in light of other Scripture:

Thats because God had [you stepped right into my Calvinist trap....mwahahahah!] Foreordained His very Words as they would be recorded, and the Bible, being one, concises book of Gods plan for redemption, is refered to as "the Word."as to say "In THE BEGINNING.... the beginning of WHAT? Time. Since the foundation of not only the world, but TIME itself, God had in His mind to set forth His Gospel in the Word.... not A word, for many false religions claim to have His Word, but THE Word, as in the only word that will ever be from God Himself. That is why Scripture is THE Word.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
That is why Scripture is THE Word.
yet Scripture is not the Word, and you cannot quote Scripture saying that, even though It comes tantalizingly close, and i am not really motivated this morning to do as well here as someone smart and motivated might be, so pls seek other sources, because i assure you that the Bible is not the Word of God, though It is God~Breathed, for the simple reason that your translation is corrupted if nothing else.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Where is your verse proving that?
that in the beginning God did not have a copy of the Bible with Him? lol.

doesn't this contradict some other Scripture that you would also i guess consider "Word?"

gotta run for now, but i'll organize my thoughts here and come back better prepared ok. I know this is a hard thing to accept, but the Bible is not Word, It comes from Word, which is different.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
shouldn't be too hard to see that if i hold up a translation of the Bible that says "Easter" when the original says "Passover" and i then insist that it is "Word" that i am made into a liar.

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
yes, but words are not Word, and what is going on here is that the Word is being obscured, so that you have to seek It when you are ready to find It. My Bible search just went down, i'll be back. You will find no quote for "the Bible is the Word of God" ok, trust me. And it is not in There because it is not true.

You will not find a quote in the bible that says "There are kangaroos in Australia" either. Does that mean it's not true because it's not in the bible? I find it amusing when people want to believe that just because the bible does not mention something, it cannot be true.

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
May I also add

Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”
Matthew 4:4 | NIV
Jesus when talking about "word" as you say, says what?
It. Is. WRITTEN!

Notice he said "every word that comes from the MOUTH of God" not every word written in the bible.
The bible is not "the mouth of God". It is a book.
Do you really think that "every word that comes from the mouth of God" can be recorded in any book?

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Notice he said "every word that comes from the MOUTH of God" not every word written in the bible.
The bible is not "the mouth of God". It is a book.
Do you really think that "every word that comes from the mouth of God" can be recorded in any book?
Every one He wants us to know, yes.

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Is the "voice" and Truth of your conscience also written in the book or is that "voice" in your own heart and mind that only you can hear?
Not all people in the world read the bible, so how do you suppose "God" and the knowledge of good and evil gets through to them if not through their conscience?
Rom 2:14-15 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
According to Rom 2:14-15, the TRUTH or the LAW is "written" on hearts so if people don't have a book called the bible, their conscience is their guide.
The TRUTH ( WORD) which is written on the conscience and in the hearts of every person of the past present and future would never fit in one single book.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga

So what is the Bible to you?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Where is your verse proving that?
and as i said earlier, as hard as it may be to believe, you do not have a single verse that "proves" anything, ok, not one single thing; i can quote a verse that competes with it. This is on purpose; it is the nature of Scripture.

So the desire to have proof might be characterized as the realm of scientists and lawyers and courtrooms; and pastors who are selling a product.

You seem like a thoughtful person, i ask you to reflect upon this.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You will not find a quote in the bible that says "There are kangaroos in Australia" either. Does that mean it's not true because it's not in the bible?
No, but that seems forced, because the Bible is not about Australia, but It is about Word. A guide book about Australia would almost certainly include kangaroos, see, but i doubt it would mention the Bible at all.
I find it amusing when people want to believe that just because the bible does not mention something, it cannot be true.
well, i do not use the Book that way anyway, and you may certainly discount it as another clue of you like, but i would at least reflect upon the fact that you cannot find a single quote in the Book stating what It is/made of/=?

Actually you can, in more than one place, which imo makes it even stranger that you could not find this quote; and your characterization might carry more weight if there was none at all. Now, does that "prove" that the Bible is not Word? No, it does not.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
i do not disagree with this, even if i agree with skyangel there.

The problem maybe comes in @ "see and not see," wherein "the first one to tell his side seems right, until another one comes" paraphrased, but that is Scripture. And it is put many other ways, that have mostly all been reasoned away by those who have approached Scripture logically, that we go to when we don't know any better because we naturally assume that that is where the people who know the most about God are.

So when we are the most ignorant of Scripture, we do not follow Scripture to learn, see, as Scripture tells us to do; we do ezackly what Scripture tells us not to do, and go get indoctrinated by Some Guy, and of course we don't pick some destitute-looking Jesus type now, do we.

Not saying any pastor is clueless or anything, and we certainly put way too much on our pastors. but see that to be a pastor you pretty much have to join a system, and toe a line...and also sign a Contract for Jesus, no big deal, just free money, seems like a no brainer. To someone in the world.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
According to Rom 2:14-15, the TRUTH or the LAW is "written" on hearts so if people don't have a book called the bible, their conscience is their guide.
The TRUTH ( WORD) which is written on the conscience and in the hearts of every person of the past present and future would never fit in one single book.
another good reflection imo. You can search Scripture, and you will find Word associated with Christ, and Gospel, and i think Holy Spirit, if i remember correctly, but not Bible. All things that we have trouble defining, iow.