Do you believe that ALL babies that die go to Heaven or only "the elect"?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll give my answer scripturally, so you know it's coming from God.

The heart is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked; who can know it? (This includes babies) Jeremiah 17:9.

As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one. (including babies).
Roman 3:10.

3 The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies.
you added the word "babies" not in those passages and your other passage is hyperbole and is not the doctrine of original sin which was made up from augustine. What the psalmist means is that those who become wicked sinners show from their early childhood a strong bent towards evil/wickedness.

infants/ babies cannot even speak so there goes the telling lies fable out the window- its called HYPERBOLE for a good reason.

Last edited:
Reactions: Triumph1300

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You squeezed Abraham into this?...

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Being born again is the exception, right?

The exception...is there are no exceptions: All are "in Christ" or they are not saved...as He is [actually] "the only begotten Son", and we are not our own, but His body--One new man.

The breakdown here is "the dead in Christ" (before salvation had come--including Abraham), and "the living in Christ" (after salvation has come).

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you cannot tell someone how to scripturally be saved. You are likely not saved.
No man can come to me unless the Father draw him.

As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one
There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God

Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you.

Shall I continue?

To God Be The Glory

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Shall I continue?

To God Be The Glory
Here is how some would rewrite Jesus words below and add to scripture things that were never said nor implied.

Parenthesis is Calvinism false assertion below

Luke 7:50
And he said to the woman, Thy faith ( I have given you )hath saved thee; go in peace.

Luke 8:48
"Daughter," said Jesus, "your faith ( I have given you )has healed you. Go in peace."

Luke 17:19
Then Jesus said to him, "Rise and go; your faith( I have given you ) has made you well!"

Luke 18:42
"Receive your sight!" Jesus replied. "Your faith( I have give you ) has healed you."

Matthew 8:10
When Jesus heard this, He marveled and said to those following Him, "Truly I tell you, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith.

Matthew 8:13
Then Jesus said to the centurion, "Go! As you have believed, so will it be done for you." And his servant was healed at that very hour.

Matthew 9:2
Just then some men brought to Him a paralytic lying on a mat. When Jesus saw their faith, He said to the paralytic, "Take courage, son; your sins are forgiven.

Matthew 9:22
Jesus turned and saw her. "Take courage, daughter," He said, "your faith has healed you." And the woman was cured from that very hour.

Matthew 9:29
Then He touched their eyes and said, "According to your faith will it be done to you."

Matthew 15:28
"O woman," Jesus answered, "your faith is great! Let it be done for you as you desire." And her daughter was healed from that very hour.

Mark 5:34
"Daughter," said Jesus, "your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be free of your affliction."

Mark 10:52
"Go," said Jesus, "your faith has healed you." And immediately he received his sight and followed Jesus along the road.

John 4:53
So the father knew that it was at the same hour, in the which Jesus said unto him, Thy son liveth: and himself believed, and his whole house.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Shall I continue?

To God Be The Glory
Notice what comes first in scripture - the order of how one becomes saved.

1- Repent , turn away from sin
2- the after you repent you get a new heart/spirit ,regeneration, new life, born again etc....
3- repent then you live, have life- ie new heart, spirit.

John below the same order in in his opening of the gospel and in his purpose statement for writing his gospel.

John 1:12-13
“Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

Same order as above receive, believe, call on Him then the new birth follows.

John 20:31
“But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

Once again the order is consistent with the OT- belief/repentance precedes life.

Romans 10:8-13
But what does it say? “The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart,” that is, the message concerning faith that we proclaim: 9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. 11 As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.” 12 For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, 13 for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

Again above we see its hearing the gospel, believing the message , confessing then calling upon the Lord results in salvation.

Acts tells us the same order in 11:18- "So then, God has granted even the Gentiles repentance unto life.” Repent precedes life.

Paul confirms the order in Ephesians below as well. Hearing and believing precedes the Holy Spirit that we were sealed with not before belief.

Ephesians 1:13
“And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit

conclusion: as we read in these SALVIFIC passages there is a consistent order. So much for Calvinism

1- hearing the word, the gospel
2- believing the gospel
3- receiving the gospel
4- calling upon the Lord
5- confessing Jesus is Lord
6- resulting in the new birth, born of God, salvation, eternal life, regeneration, born again

hope this helps !!!

Reactions: St. SteVen

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
St. SteVen said:

Let's talk definitions.
Mercy is when we don't get the bad thing we deserve.
Compassion is when we get the good thing we didn't deserve.
They are both positive actions,

None as blind... _________________________ (fill in the blank)
Are we now playing T.V. games?
Play to win. buddy. - LOL

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think all babies that die to to Heaven, although I don't know that I can back that belief with scripture.

Might be argued that it would be better for all people if they all died as babies so that they would all go to Heaven rather than growing into adulthood and risking being condemned to Hell?
What if you found out they die and that's it. There is an emotional cost born by both God and man and if they remain with the dead that certainly would be a cost. There is no difference between a baby and a lamb which is taken by a fox. Both live and die and return to earth (hell).

F2F

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If all the people are the children of God, as you claim, What then is the purpose of Judgment Day?

Does NOT compute, my brother.
These guys have lost the plot forcing their notions upon the text they have convinced themselves UR is God's plan for all people, animals, devils etc etc. If you ask SteVen the hard questions he will place you on ignore and move on to his next victim.

F2F

Reactions: JunChosen

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oh my goodness, I just shake my head when I read some of these posts about babies going to hell.
Unreal!
God is clear in Scripture that He welcomes into heaven each baby who dies, born or unborn (Ps 139). And this extends to young children and the mentally disabled who die before they are able to understand salvation.

Last edited:
Reactions: St. SteVen

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind. Eph 2:3

What happens to an unenlightened baby who is deemed by nature is a child of wrath?

Nathan answered, “The Lord has taken away your sin. You will not die. 14 But (consequence) what you did caused the Lord’s enemies to lose all respect for him. For this reason the son who was born to you will die.” 2 Sam 12

David will not see this son again and he knew this!

Modern Christians do not know the God of David, and if they did, I doubt they would remain believers because they worship a god made in their own image.

F2F

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you added the word "babies" not in those passages and your other passage is hyperbole and is not the doctrine of original sin which was made up from augustine. What the psalmist means is that those who become wicked sinners show from their early childhood a strong bent towards evil/wickedness.

infants/ babies cannot even speak so there goes the telling lies fable out the window- its called HYPERBOLE for a good reason.
So when we read Revelation 13:8, can we say that Jesus is an animal (Lamb) that was slain before the foundation of the world? Lol

Do you even know what a parable is?

To God Be The Glory

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
the dust is not hell- hell is torture,punishment for sin.
Yes it is and Christ is'nt God either....wrong on both fronts!
Christ went to the grave (hell) though he did not see corruption!
Kinda makes sense doesnt it?
F2F