Do you believe that ALL babies that die go to Heaven or only "the elect"?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is no theory but rather biblical fact that all who are saved, meaning born again of the spirit of God, are "in Christ" "the only begotten Son."
How about if we quote Jesus words instead of your revision of His words: Born again of WATER and Spirit (John 3:3)

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Yup, all of us in the "water cult" were taught that water washes away your sin. Luke, the leader of our cult, was the first one to teach it in Acts 22:16.

If water washes away sin, then why did Jesus shed His Blood for the sin of the world?

Why does the Bible teach that "without the shedding of BLOOD there is no forgiveness, no remission, of sin"., if all you need to do is get WET.

Why in the OT< did they Kill animals, (shedding of BLOOD) for the sin of the people, and not WATER.

Why did ABEL, in Genesis, bring BLOOD and not water to God?

Luke understood this.
You dont, because "the cult of Mary", has your mind.
Hebrews 13:9.

Reactions: Ritajanice

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If water washes away sin, then why did Jesus shed His Blood for the sin of the world?
If? IF?

Scripture says it does. You say it doesn't. There is no "if".

Jesus shedding his blood for the sins of the world has NOTHING to do with water baptism. Two separate things.....

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why does the Bible teach that "without the shedding of BLOOD there is no forgiveness, no remission, of sin"., if all you need to do is get WET.
When Jesus shed his blood did that remit the sins of atheist?

The NT is WET with water baptism. You reject the teachings in the NT. :vgood:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How about if we quote Jesus words instead of your revision of His words: Born again of WATER and Spirit (John 3:3)

That is NOT what is written...and it is you who has made "revision":

3 Jesus answered and said to him, Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”
4 Nicodemus said to Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born?”
5 Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.” John 3:3-8​

Apparently you do not know that you having been born into this world, were already "born of water." :( Why do you keep putting your foot in your mouth?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is NOT what is written...and it is you who has made "revision":

3 Jesus answered and said to him, Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”
4 Nicodemus said to Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born?”
5 Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.” John 3:3-8​

Apparently you do not know that you having been born into this world, were already "born of water." :( Why do you keep putting your foot in your mouth?
Lol....How can one be born again Scott???????????? OF WATER AND SPIRIT...........Just like I and Jesus said.

Born of water (when the amniotic water sac ruptures during pregnancy) is what happens to everyone. Is everyone born again of Spirit when the sac ruptures?????????? Lol...NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You crack me up!!!

Why do you listen to false teachers?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol....How can one be born again Scott???????????? OF WATER AND SPIRIT...........Just like I and Jesus said.

Born of water (when the amniotic water sac ruptures during pregnancy) is what happens to everyone. Is everyone born again of Spirit when the sac ruptures?????????? Lol...NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You crack me up!!!

"It will not be forgiven."

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So sad, very sad indeed, when professing Christians "THINK" they know what they are talking about concerning the spiritual things of God. Yet in reality, they have no inkling/idea as to what they are saying. It's like them firing a gun without any bullets. It's a wonder God put in His Word this warning of Hosea 4:6:

"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children."

@Marymog, @St. SteVen, @Truther and @ScottA,

It's NOT difficult to understand the meaning of the phrase "born of water and the Spirit" if you know where to look!

John 7:37-40:

In the last day, that great [day] of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, "If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water." ( GOSPEL)
39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet [given]; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)
40 Many of the people therefore, when they heard this saying, said, Of a truth this is the Prophet.

To God Be The Glory

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Bible is a spiritual book and NOT a doctor's handbook, and therefore; must be treated in kind.

To God Be The Glory

Reactions: ScottA

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So sad, very sad indeed, when professing Christians "THINK" they know what they are talking about concerning the spiritual things of God. Yet in reality, they have no inkling/idea as to what they are saying. It's like them firing a gun without any bullets. It's a wonder God put in His Word this warning of Hosea 4:6:

"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children."

@Marymog, @St. SteVen, @Truther and @ScottA,

It's NOT difficult to understand the meaning of the phrase "born of water and the Spirit" if you know where to look!

John 7:37-40:

In the last day, that great [day] of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, "If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water." ( GOSPEL)
39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet [given]; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)
40 Many of the people therefore, when they heard this saying, said, Of a truth this is the Prophet.

To God Be The Glory

In Jesus' explanation to Nicodemus about being born again, He does not equate water birth with spiritual birth (as you might even seem to be doing above), but as being distinctly different.

Regardless, the idea of water birth meaning water baptism, is just plain silly if not stupid.

The key word is "again." The whole idea of Jesus saying "again", is an indication that one did not still need to be born of water, but that those who already were or are born of water (having been born of women/water) needed--as He said, to be born "again" of what they had not yet been born of, of which Jesus was the first(fruits)...which is--as He said was to be born "of the Spirit."

Last edited:

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Jesus' explanation to Nicodemus about being born again, He does not equate water birth with spiritual birth (as you might even seem to be doing above), but as being distinctly different.
In a sense, they are both the same. When God created Adam and Eve He breathed life into their nostrils and man became a living soul and they could have lived for ever if they had obeyed God. Hence, Jesus said, "except a man be born again he cannot see the kingdom of God."

Adam's and Eve's creation are different from that of the rest of humanity in that they were created "good" that is without sin, while the rest of humanity inherited their "original sin" as being the progenitors of the human race.
The key word is "again." The whole idea of Jesus saying "again", is an indication that one did not still need to be born of water, but that those who already were or are born of water (having been born of women/water) needed--as He said, to be born "again" of what they had not yet been born of, of which Jesus was the first(fruits)...which is--as He said was to be born "of the Spirit."
Jesus was the lamb slain before the foundation of the world.

To God Be The Glory

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In a sense, they are both the same. When God created Adam and Eve He breathed life into their nostrils and man became a living soul and they could have lived for ever if they had obeyed God. Hence, Jesus said, "except a man be born again he cannot see the kingdom of God."

Adam's and Eve's creation are different from that of the rest of humanity in that they were created "good" that is without sin, while the rest of humanity inherited their "original sin" as being the progenitors of the human race.

Jesus was the lamb slain before the foundation of the world.

To God Be The Glory

There are still some issues with that technically...but no biggy, I think we understand one another.

But I will add that Jesus was referring to the waters above and below the firmament. So the one birth (being born of a woman) is of the waters below..actual water as we know it, and yet His saying "again" was in reference to being born also of the waters above the firmament...meaning of the Spirit. So, yes, technically both are water, but not actually the same. ;)

Reactions: JunChosen

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are still some issues with that technically...but no biggy, I think we understand one another.

But I will add that Jesus was referring to the waters above and below the firmament. So the one birth (being born of a woman) is of the waters below..actual water as we know it, and yet His saying "again" was in reference to being born also of the waters above the firmament...meaning of the Spirit. So, yes, technically both are water, but not actually the same.
;)
I wouldn't put it both as water but rather as, "physical" and the other "spiritual."

Only because in the sense that Adam and Eve, lost the life that was given them to live for ever, due to disobedience.

To God Be The Glory

Last edited:
Reactions: ScottA

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But I will add that Jesus was referring to the waters above and below the firmament. So the one birth (being born of a woman) is of the waters below..actual water as we know it, and yet His saying "again" was in reference to being born also of the waters above the firmament...meaning of the Spirit. So, yes, technically both are water, but not actually the same.
I have a feeling I did not make myself understood in post #376. Below you will find an addendum.

When God created Adam and Eve, He breathed into their nostrils the "breath of life" and as long as they obeyed God they could live for ever.

This "breath of life" was taken from them when they disobeyed. And this part in their lives MUST be "re-born" and also given to us, if we are to survive physically as well as spiritually. WE MUST BE BORN AGAIN!

Remember, their creation is different from ours

To God Be The Glory

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a feeling I did not make myself understood in post #376. Below you will find an addendum.

When God created Adam and Eve, He breathed into their nostrils the "breath of life" and as long as they obeyed God they could live for ever.

This "breath of life" was taken from them when they disobeyed. And this part in their lives MUST be "re-born" and also given to us, if we are to survive physically as well as spiritually. WE MUST BE BORN AGAIN!

Remember, their creation is different from ours

To God Be The Glory
Thanks. Do be careful with the "physical" part, as the physical elements of the creation of this [old] world are being destroyed with fervent heat and with fire. 2 Peter 3:10-12

Reactions: JunChosen

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks. Do be careful with the "physical" part, as the physical elements of the creation of this [old] world are being destroyed with fervent heat and with fire. 2 Peter 3:10-12
Thanks, I did give thought to the physical elements of the old world, but I didn't think they were any consequential.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible is a spiritual book and NOT a doctor's handbook, and therefore; must be treated in kind.

To God Be The Glory
What does that mean? NOT a doctor's handbook?