Do you believe that ALL babies that die go to Heaven or only "the elect"?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So sad, very sad indeed, when professing Christians "THINK" they know what they are talking about concerning the spiritual things of God. Yet in reality, they have no inkling/idea as to what they are saying. It's like them firing a gun without any bullets. It's a wonder God put in His Word this warning of Hosea 4:6:

"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children."

@Marymog, @St. SteVen, @Truther and @ScottA,

It's NOT difficult to understand the meaning of the phrase "born of water and the Spirit" if you know where to look!

John 7:37-40:

In the last day, that great [day] of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, "If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water." ( GOSPEL)
39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet [given]; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)
40 Many of the people therefore, when they heard this saying, said, Of a truth this is the Prophet.

To God Be The Glory
Hey junChosen,

It appears you consider yourself a "professing Christian". Do you think YOU 'know what you are talking about concerning the spiritual things of God'? You seem to be suggesting you do when you say "they have no inkling/idea as to what they are saying. " Do you consider yourself part of "they"?

You said, "It's NOT difficult to understand the meaning of the phrase "born of water and the Spirit" if you know where to look!" Are you the only one that understands this 'difficult phrase? Is it possible that the "warning of Hosea 4:6" was meant for you?

Curious Mary

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would you care to answer the question dodgeball Scott?

Jesus gave the answer to Nicodemus. And you know this, yet you have not reconciled it with all that He also said and is written ("dodgeball").

So, if you would like to reconcile "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit." John 3:6, "And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground" Genesis 2:7, "and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up" 2 Peter 3:10, and "God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament; and it was so" Genesis 1:7 with His answer to Nicodemus--you will have the correct answer.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus gave the answer to Nicodemus. And you know this, yet you have not reconciled it with all that He also said and is written ("dodgeball").

So, if you would like to reconcile "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit." John 3:6, "And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground" Genesis 2:7, "and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up" 2 Peter 3:10, and "God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament; and it was so" Genesis 1:7 with His answer to Nicodemus--you will have the correct answer.

You had to do a lot of twisting and turning with weak equations to make that work!!! :Laughingoutloud:What man taught you to falsely equate John 3 with Genesis 2, 2 Peter and Genesis 1? :jest::jest::jest:

How about this: In John 1 Jesus is baptized with water and the Spirit descended upon him. In John 2 it is noted that the water that was miraculously turned into wine is used in ceremonial washing. In John 3 Jesus says unless a man is born of water and of the Spirit (reference back to John 1) AND then, right after he said that he and his disciples went out baptizing WITH WATER!!! And then if you equate that to the other references of water baptism in the NT one can plainly see your men have lied to you about this matter.

But at least you have fulfilled one part of scripture with your false equation: 2 Peter 3:16

The only good thing from your response is that in a roundabout way.....you admitted you dodged my question.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey junChosen,

It appears you consider yourself a "professing Christian". Do you think YOU 'know what you are talking about concerning the spiritual things of God'?
NOT only a "professing Christian" but rather, I am also "one of few who are chosen" as in "many are called but few are chosen." (Notice my Avatar?)

Yes! After my conversion, Jesus sent His Spirit to teach me many things in matters concerning the spiritual things of God. However; we know in part and prophesy in part.
You seem to be suggesting you do when you say "they have no inkling/idea as to what they are saying. " Do you consider yourself part of "they"?
At one point, yes but after conversion never!
You said, "It's NOT difficult to understand the meaning of the phrase "born of water and the Spirit" if you know where to look!" Are you the only one that understands this 'difficult phrase?
One of few, as in: "many are called but few are chosen." Which I've already asserted above.
Is it possible that the "warning of Hosea 4:6" was meant for you?

Curious Mary
As a matter of fact, YES!!! Which was BEFORE God changed my "stony heart" into a "heart of flesh" and, thus made me "whole." Can you say the same for yourself??? LOL

To God Be The Glory

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You had to do a lot of twisting and turning with weak equations to make that work!!!:Laughingoutloud:What man taught you to falsely equate John 3 with Genesis 2, 2 Peter and Genesis 1? :jest::jest::jest:

How about this: In John 1 Jesus is baptized with water and the Spirit descended upon him. In John 2 it is noted that the water that was miraculously turned into wine is used in ceremonial washing. In John 3 Jesus says unless a man is born of water and of the Spirit (reference back to John 1) AND then, right after he said that he and his disciples went out baptizing WITH WATER!!! And then if you equate that to the other references of water baptism in the NT one can plainly see your men have lied to you about this matter.

But at least you have fulfilled one part of scripture with your false equation: 2 Peter 3:16

The only good thing from your response is that in a roundabout way.....you admitted you dodged my question.

False--no man taught me. Can you say as much?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NOT only a "professing Christian" but rather, I am also "one of few who are chosen" as in "many are called but few are chosen." (Notice my Avatar?)

Yes! After my conversion, Jesus sent His Spirit to teach me many things in matters concerning the spiritual things of God. However; we know in part and prophesy in part.

One of few, as in: "
many are called but few are chosen." Which I've already asserted above.

As a matter of fact, YES!!! Which was BEFORE God changed my "stony heart" into a "heart of flesh" and, thus made me "whole." Can you say the same for yourself??? LOL

To God Be The Glory
Oh.....OK :vgood:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

To God Be The Glory
Hey junchosen,

I asked you if Hosea 6 might be meant for you. You say YES but then go on to say BEFORE God changed your "stoney heart"!!

Sooooooo does that mean that Hosea 6 no longer applies to you?????? YOU are not destroyed for lack of knowledge therefor YOU will not be rejected by God???

Curious Mary

Hosea 6: "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children."

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hold on HOLD ON........Let me see if I understand you correctly. :contemplate:

You became a Christian. You then, at some magical point, became one of the chosen ones. Are you suggesting that once you converted to becoming a Christian AND when you somehow magically became one of the chosen that YOU know what you are talking about? But Marymog, who ONLY became a Christian but isn't (according to YOU) a chosen one, doesn't know what she is talking about (when it comes to Scripture)??

Is that what you are suggesting???

Curious Mary

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey junchosen,

I asked you if Hosea 6 might be meant for you. You say YES but then go on to say BEFORE God changed your "stoney heart"!!

Sooooooo does that mean that Hosea 6 no longer applies to you?????? YOU are not destroyed for lack of knowledge therefor YOU will not be rejected by God???

Curious Mary

Hosea 6: "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children."
You may not believe this as many don't!

"Once saved always saved!"

To God Be The Glory

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You became a Christian. You then, at some magical point, became one of the chosen ones. Are you suggesting that once you converted to becoming a Christian AND when you somehow magically became one of the chosen that YOU know what you are talking about? But Marymog, who ONLY became a Christian but isn't (according to YOU) a chosen one, doesn't know what she is talking about (when it comes to Scripture)??

Curious Mary
I never said anyone who is a Christian is not chosen.

Jesus said, "Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you...." John 15:16.

The questions you posted above suggests to me that you might not even be a Christian. Are you one of those that believes that to become a Christian one has to be water baptized, accepted and confessed Jesus?

Are you chosen? If so, when did it happen?

To God Be The Glory

Last edited:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never said anyone who is a Christian is not chosen.

Jesus said, "Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you...." John 15:16.

The questions you posted above suggests to me that you might not even be a Christian. Are you one of those that believes that to become a Christian one has to be water baptized, accepted and confessed Jesus?

Are you chosen? If so, when did it happen?

To God Be The Glory
Hey JunChosen,

Lol....no. The question I asked went unanswered. It does not suggest that I might not even be a Christian. Would you care to answer the question, or would you like to continue to obfuscate?

Here is the entire passage you partially quoted to fit your narrative: You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you.

Now that we have the entire passage in front of us and you believe you have been chosen by Him......do you get whatever you ask of Him?

When you first heard about Jesus and began to follow him did you follow him on your own free will or did he choose you? If you believe he chose you then you don't have free will? Do you have free will? Are those that hear His word and do not follow Him NOT chosen by Him? That suggest they are damned to hell by His choice and not our own choice. I always thought we had a choice to follow him or not....at least that is what Scripture says!

Curious Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You may not believe this as many don't!

"Once saved always saved!"

To God Be The Glory
If it was in Scripture I would. Since it's not....I don't!

I have taken note to the kindness AND the severity of God. He has severity towards those who have fallen! But I also know that he will cut me off IF I do not continue in his kindness (Romans 11:22). The Apostle Paul even knew that after preaching His words to others that he could be disqualified (1 Corinthians 9:27). What your men (John Calvin?) have taught you is opposite of what Paul teaches. Does that concern you?

Keeping it real....Mary

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You became a Christian. You then, at some magical point, became one of the chosen ones. Are you suggesting that once you converted to becoming a Christian AND when you somehow magically became one of the chosen that YOU know what you are talking about?
Scripture declares that no man can (have the power) to choose for Jesus except God draws him. Yes, when God chose me, in eternity past before the foundation of the world, He also gave me a brand new soul in which I desire not to sin again.
But Marymog, who ONLY became a Christian but isn't (according to YOU) a chosen one, doesn't know what she is talking about (when it comes to Scripture)??

Curious Mary
I will never call a person who claims to be a Christian, "not a Christian". That's God's business.

Did I answer your question?

To God Be The Glory

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey JunChosen,

Now that we have the entire passage in front of us and you believe you have been chosen by Him......do you get whatever you ask of Him?
In spiritual matters, YES. Although we know in part and prophesy in part. In material things of this world, NO. But we should remember that the creatures of the air toil not but they do not get hungry.
When you first heard about Jesus and began to follow him did you follow him on your own free will or did he choose you? If you believe he chose you then you don't have free will? Do you have free will?
The only humans created that had free will were Adam and Eve and the rest of humanity is tainted with their sin, hence we are NOT capable of choosing for Christ.
We can however; choose to sleep at a certain time, get up at certain time in the morning, eat breakfast at 7:00 A.M., put on a brown or blue suit for work etc.. etc., etc.
Are those that hear His word and do not follow Him NOT chosen by Him? That suggest they are damned to hell by His choice and not our own choice.
NOT by His choice.
Matthew 23:37 reads:
"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, [thou] that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under [her] wings, and ye would not!"
I always thought we had a choice to follow him or not....at least that is what Scripture says!

Curious Mary
You thought wrong! Where did you read that in Scripture?

Romans 3:10-12 reads:

10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

If God's assessment of the human race is such as of the above, who then can or cannot choose for God, n-o-n-e!

To Go Be The Glory

Last edited:

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe all children who are not at that stage of knowing good from evil - go to heaven. Job 12:10. :stageright:
And so you don't believe what God said in Psalms 58:3-8 :
3 The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies.
4 Their poison [is] like the poison of a serpent: [they are] like the deaf adder [that] stoppeth her ear;
5 Which will not hearken to the voice of charmers, charming never so wisely.
6 Break their teeth, O God, in their mouth: break out the great teeth of the young lions, O LORD.
7 Let them melt away as waters [which] run continually: [when] he bendeth [his bow to shoot] his arrows, let them be as cut in pieces.
8 As a snail [which] melteth, let [every one of them] pass away: [like] the untimely birth of a woman, [that] they may not see the sun.

How about Romans 3:10:
10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: (this includes babies and children; without exceptions).
11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Or,

11 (For [the children] being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)
12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.
13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
14 ¶ What shall we say then? [Is there] unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
16 So then [it is] not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

To God Be The Glory

Last edited: