Do you have Painful Memories?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you have painful memories?

In Genesis 41:9, There spake the chief butler unto Pharaoh, saying, I do remember my faults this day. The butler had been imprisoned, along with the chief baker, by Pharaoh in which Jospeh had interpreted the dreams of the two in which they were released. The butler states that Pharaoh was angry with the Chief butler and the Chief baker, and had them thrown in prison. The Butler upon releases mentions that he does remember his faults that day standing in front of Pharaoh.

Wonder what it could have been in what the butler, and baker did to make Pharaoh angry? Does this remind you of a situation you possibly have been in your very own day in age growing up? Having made, Mom or Dad angry with you and some type of punishment was instated at least for a short while?

In Deuteronomy 9:7; Israel is fixing to be given more land, and not because they are good, but it is for God to fulfill his promise to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and the Israelites will take over the land because of the wickedness of the people. God was not giving them the land because they are good - because they were not (speaks to us today how we ourselves are not good in the sense to be made right with God), Moses wrote they are stubborn people.

The Painful memory being reminded of here is - for them to Remember and never forget how angry they had made the LORD your God out in the wilderness. From the day you left Egypt until now, you have been constantly rebelling against Him.

Do you have a similar story? Of a painful memory that lead you into rebelling against the LORD your God? Perhaps you were not out in the wilderness like these people here were, but perhaps you can relate? Perhaps your relationship with God was on the edge and always tittering to one side to the other? These Israelites were worshiping a Golden Calf as Moses had returned from going up to Mount Sinai, they turned to worshiping an idol that had no eyes, nor ears, or mouth to speak.

Psalm 51:3; David wrote this in a Psalm, when David had committed adultery. He wrote this: For I recognize my rebellion, it haunts me day and night (NLT); For I acknowledge my transgressions; and my sin is ever before me. (KJV) be encouraged to read the whole thing.

Do you have a memory like this? Perhaps it is flipping off the person who passed you in the car, maybe it is when you got in an argument with your friend but you really wished you had handled it differently and instead of having love, you had hatred against the brother or sister.

Either way it goes, these are painful memories that can plague us in our hearts, and minds, and the only way to become renewed in our heart and mind, is to grow in our knowledge of who God is, and what the Lord Jesus Christ had done for us having paid the sin debt, that doesn't mean we still do not feel guilty or have a painful moment when our flesh is failing.

God is there to turn to, talk to, and acknowledge what is going on right then and right there to keep us from going down a painful dark road that can lead to hate and destruction of not only ones (soul: mind/will/emotion), but can cause hurt and pain to others along the way.

Psalm 137:1; and interesting Psalm; not sure who wrote this one. It states Beside the rivers of Babylon we sat and wept, as we thought of Jerusalem - remembered Zion.

Not sure what this is alluding to but it is a painful memory. Reading the rest of the Psalm, perhaps this was when some of the Israelites had been captured and taken to reside in Babylon, may you be encouraged to read it for yourself and ponder its contents (I could be wrong). It is a Painful Memory for whomever had wrote this Psalm.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you have Painful Memories?

Mark 14:72 And immediately the rooster crowed the second time.

Suddenly, Jesus’ words flashed through Peter’s mind: “Before the rooster crows twice, you will deny three times that you even know me.” And he broke down and wept.

This is a painful memory here for Peter. Peter told the Messiah that he would never reject him, but Jesus told him differently. Even the Apostle Peter denied the Lord Yeshua Christ, and upon the roosters second crow, the reminder of what Jesus had said hit inside of Peters mind, and be broke down and wept. Have you ever had a painful memory like this between you and your relationship with the Father through the Lord Jesus Christ?

A picture of Sheol - Hell - Hades - separation from the Living God - Paradise / Prison. - (I believe has been overcame now due Jesus victory)

Luke 16:25 “But Abraham said to him, ‘Son, remember that during your lifetime you had everything you wanted, and Lazarus had nothing. So now he is here being comforted, and you are in anguish.

There was the parable of the Rich man Jesus had stated here in Luke 16 - There was Pharisees standing around him (Luke 16:14 but Jesus starts speaking about the Rich man and Lazarus in Luke 16:19), what Jesus is giving a picture of is a lifetime of materialism, compared to a lifetime of having nothing at all.

Lazarus was poor and had nothing - all through out his life, even the dogs licked his sores. What a painful life, and memory, put upon leaving this here, he went to be in a place called Abrahams bosom - Paradise place in Sheol, and the Rich man who had a life of comfort, luxury, and riches, was not in a place of anguish (Perhaps the Prison part of Sheol) in which Lazarus was now being comforted.

The painful memory is here, is that the life of being Rich, Famous, having Comfort, and Luxury does not amount to anything in the end of all things, but living for God and suffering for the sake of Christ is far more better than having all of those other things and that can be painful to some to understand that to suffer to ones on will and live for Gods will, can be painful but it is rewarding knowing that God is with you every step of the way.

Always remember I am a fallible person and go and check and think about these things said for yourself, just a presenter presenting.

Praise be to God for all things.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The last painful memory to present to you is the Christian Killer, Paul the Apostle of Christ.

This is what he said about himself:

1 Corinthians 15:9 For I am the least of the apostles and do not even deserve to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.

Here is what he stated in Acts 22:4 “I worked hard and killed men and women who believed as I believe today. I put them in chains and sent them to prison. 5 The head religious leader and the leaders of the people can tell you this is true. I got letters from them to take to our Jewish brothers in the city of Damascus. I was going there to put the Christians in chains and bring them to Jerusalem where they would be beaten.

He never forgot what he had done and did, in fact he mentioned it to the Corinthians and also mentioned in during in Acts 22. He probably was ashamed of what he had done knowing this to be a painful memory, but Paul always took it back to God.

2 Corinthians 12:8-10
Good News Translation

8 Three times I prayed to the Lord about this and asked him to take it away. 9 But his answer was: “My grace is all you need, for my power is greatest when you are weak.” I am most happy, then, to be proud of my weaknesses, in order to feel the protection of Christ's power over me. 10 I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and difficulties for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Know that the painful memories we caused others, happened for a reason in which we chose to enact, but just because they happened doesn't mean that there is not a place and time to let them go, and seek reconciliation with others, but perhaps mainly reconciliation with our Father who we live and serve!

Know that our weakness, and the insults, hardships, persecutions, and difficulties we endure, trusting in the Lord Jesus Christ's power to help us in this life, you will find contentment but also not only contentment you will find endurance, and different ways to handle things as you continue to grow in your relationship with the Father in heaven and trust in the Lord Yeshua. Paul prayed three times to the Lord, and his answer was My grace is all you need, for his power is greatest when you are weak!

May you find all this information encouraging.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

In Genesis 41:9, There spake the chief butler unto Pharaoh, saying, I do remember my faults this day. The butler had been imprisoned, along with the chief baker, by Pharaoh in which Jospeh had interpreted the dreams of the two in which they were released. The butler states that Pharaoh was angry with the Chief butler and the Chief baker, and had them thrown in prison. The Butler upon releases mentions that he does remember his faults that day standing in front of Pharaoh.

In Deuteronomy 9:7; Israel is fixing to be given more land, and not because they are good, but it is for God to fulfill his promise to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and the Israelites will take over the land because of the wickedness of the people. God was not giving them the land because they are good - because they were not (speaks to us today how we ourselves are not good in the sense to be made right with God), Moses wrote they are stubborn people.

Psalm 51:3; David wrote this in a Psalm, when David had committed adultery. He wrote this: For I recognize my rebellion, it haunts me day and night (NLT); For I acknowledge my transgressions; and my sin is ever before me. (KJV) be encouraged to read the whole thing.

Psalm 137:1; and interesting Psalm; not sure who wrote this one. It states Beside the rivers of Babylon we sat and wept, as we thought of Jerusalem - remembered Zion.

Very! Sad thing is we cannot take back what we have done in the past Matt, but since today is the first day of the rest of our lives, we can make dag gum sure we live it so as not to make those memories that haunt us.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good thing to know is looking instead to our earthly past, though it can remind us of what our actions were without God before he showed up in our lives. Today we can continue to move forward, and put our focus on the Lord Yeshua Christ, and our Father in heaven. Knowing that forgiveness is found there, and God is not wrathful against us due to our mistakes that have been made in and through this life. Praise be to Yahweh, and the Son that He had sent down from heaven to pay for the price of sin for all of the world!

Thank you for sharing, Robert.