Do you need to be righteous for you to make an effort on trying to save other people

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
against false doctrines?

someone said that when i did am i even righteous?

i don't think i am

but do we really need to be one to make an effort?

or is it better to just let them be without trying to understand or without witnessing first hand or without proving to yourself that you are indeed powerless to save them

when you know that you can save them or when you know it is better to do something than to do nothing or when you know that to only have faith without works is dead you'll simply decide to let them be misled

at that time unless i proved to myself that i am powerless i don't think i can sit still but now i know i have prove it that yes i am powerless that God is the only one who can save them

and do we even have the final say whether what this person has done is unrighteous or righteous? when we cannot see the heart

Reactions: Nancy

Daniel Veler

Apr 17, 2021
Gulf port
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s not the person who saves another to recieve Christ but the word of the Good news of Christ. There have been some who have been convicted of their sin against God through pamphlets handed out. Wither they seen one and read it from a hotel room or any other place. It is the word being delivered that God has chosen to save men. You tell the story of Christ and God will use it to his Glory.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
against false doctrines?

i don't think i am

or is it better to just let them be without trying to understand or without witnessing first hand or without proving to yourself that you are indeed powerless to save them

when you know that you can save them or when you know it is better to do something than to do nothing or when you know that to only have faith without works is dead you'll simply decide to let them be misled

at that time unless i proved to myself that i am powerless i don't think i can sit still but now i know i have prove it that yes i am powerless that God is the only one who can save them

and do we even have the final say whether what this person has done is unrighteous or righteous? when we cannot see the heart

We don't have to be rightous inorder to be saved, neither sdo we have to be rightous inorder to witness or evangelise other people.
We do need to be honest with them and ourselvs, we are sinners saved by Gods grace which we in turn are shring with others.

All we are called to do is to tell others about Jesus, it is God who saves them.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
against false doctrines?

i don't think i am

We sow the seeds, then pray they will take root. It is the Holy Spirit that convicts the world of sin, righteousness and judgement. If they do not want to listen, keep walking and pray God WILL work in them. It's not up to us at all to convict the hearts of the unsaved. The WORD can do that, the H.S. does that but, it's not for us to.
I think you are fine sharing the word, whether or not you think you are a "righteous" person. I mean, you do try to follow The Lord, yes? You do try to always do "right" to others? then, I would say that you are righteous :)

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We sow the seeds, then pray they will take root. It is the Holy Spirit that convicts the world of sin, righteousness and judgement. If they do not want to listen, keep walking and pray God WILL work in them. It's not up to us at all to convict the hearts of the unsaved. The WORD can do that, the H.S. does that but, it's not for us to.
I think you are fine sharing the word, whether or not you think you are a "righteous" person. I mean, you do try to follow The Lord, yes? You do try to always do "right" to others? then, I would say that you are righteous :)

The only ‘ Righteousness” That any of us flawed ,” stumbling” creatures of flesh will ever know, this side of receiving our New Bodies when we finally meet our Savior, is the Righteousness “ Imputed “ to us because of our Faith in the Finished Work Of Jesus Christ on the Cross....It is part of our Task to make sure that the Unsaved People Of this world know that.....

All we can do is preach the Gospel Of Grace to others ( Found In 1Cor15:1-4 ).....only God can give people “ ears to hear”.....

It was said in the book of Acts that God “ opened the Heart” Of Lydia, the seller of Purple to the reception of the Gospel......it’s no different for anybody else .....” Nobody comes to God lest the Spirit draw them”......... All we can do is spread the Good News and hope that the listeners have contrite , receptive hearts and Believe what they hear......

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
another question: can i not forgive someone who do not yet asked for forgiveness?

well i already hinted him that i am stumbling yet keeps on doing it this is the 3rd time like he's doing it on purpose or maybe he just do not know or have no idea i do want to talk but he is not responding he did told me before in a different way that my understanding told me that he do not have a time to spare at that time the topic is about God i can't understand how is it that he do not even spare me when the topic is so important that makes me hate him and then i trip over and over and then i decided to just let it go but how will you let go if he keeps on doing it

but yes whatever like it can change anything like it or not nothing will change i just want to start over again but i do not know from where

is baptismal really a must? baptism by water? well i do not belong to any denomination i searched through the internet regarding the biblical baptism where is the nearest but i can only see the unbiblical catholic christening of babies who knows no sin

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
I mean, you do try to follow The Lord, yes? You do try to always do "right" to others? then, I would say that you are righteous :)
ohh i don't think i've ever been in the faith you see i'm like a seed that was sown on rocks

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ohh i don't think i've ever been in the faith you see i'm like a seed that was sown on rocks

Yes, sometimes it sure does seem that way. Well, I hope you will sprout, that maybe the "wind" blew you into good soil... :)

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
against false doctrines?

i don't think i am

Being a teacher to other men, requires the teacher to RIGHTLY have the Word of God in their own mouth, to speak forward to the ears of other men.

IOW...Righteousness is more of the ACT of a person, exhibiting a Righteous behavior of himself, BY Rightly teaching another ACCORDING TO, the Word of God.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: ThePuffyBlob

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Being a teacher to other men, requires the teacher to RIGHTLY have the Word of God in their own mouth, to speak forward to the ears of other men.

IOW...Righteousness is more of the ACT of a person, exhibiting a Righteous behavior of himself, BY Rightly teaching another ACCORDING TO, the Word of God.

Glory to God,
Taken
actually this was what happen
i read the bible but i do not belong to any religion
almost all my family is in r1
there's also a r2 born again
as i was attending r2 bible study i heard they were talking about the members of r1 being witches and wizardry

so i wondered and keep asking myself why don't they do something about it and try to save them when they r1 knows r2 members are in danger why don't they do something to save them

so i did something i questioned r1 after those days i realized i am stuck and will not be able to help them

but r2 remembered what i did when we somewhat argued a bit he told me my reasonings are too shallow that's he do not want to argue with me he also told me

am i righteous when i questioned r1 religion
i then told him do i need to be righteous to try to save people isn't the reason more important? and so he replied nothing no matter what i say there were no more response

r1 is my family r2 is also my family
most of them are in r1 including most of my aunt uncle cousins parents but there's only 2 people on r2

not really a teacher to other men since it's my family
what do you think do you want to let your family be put into eternal oven? won't you do something even if there's really nothing you can do

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
actually this was what happen
i read the bible but i do not belong to any religion
almost all my family is in r1
there's also a r2 born again
as i was attending r2 bible study i heard they were talking about the members of r1 being witches and wizardry

so i wondered and keep asking myself why don't they do something about it and try to save them when they r1 knows r2 members are in danger why don't they do something to save them

so i did something i questioned r1 after those days i realized i am stuck and will not be able to help them

but r2 remembered what i did when we somewhat argued a bit he told me my reasonings are too shallow that's he do not want to argue with me he also told me

am i righteous when i questioned r1 religion
i then told him do i need to be righteous to try to save people isn't the reason more important? and so he replied nothing no matter what i say there were no more response

r1 is my family r2 is also my family
most of them are in r1 including most of my aunt uncle cousins parents but there's only 2 people on r2

not really a teacher to other men since it's my family
what do you think do you want to let your family be put into eternal oven? won't you do something even if there's really nothing you can do

I see your dilemma and urgent concern.
There are different ways to approach. Not so much with cousins, as what they do likely they do because parents do. But maybe a conversation with the most meek of an aunt or uncle, approach with curiosity, of what they believe out of their mouth, and why, who taught them. How it benefits them. And I would caution, to yourself be steeped in prayer and the Lord WITH you, Because you do not know IF you are entering into pure Evil that practices conjuring up, calling on Evil spirits....or a group of people who, tinker, finding it a “fame, clout, type of thing, they being special being called witches, with seemingly magical powers”...You should be able to tell the difference.
*People who “practice” conjuring up Evil spirts, typically, are very secretive, gather together in secrecy, routinely to perform rituals.
*People who “have the reputation”, as witches, often are using the “reputation” as it makes them “special, important”, but is more about the idea of the “reputation” than any hocus pocus abilities they have.
Caution on the side of not Preaching to them. Hear what they say for themself, ask questions about them. And sure, ask if wondering ABOUT God, was ever curious to them. What do they Know About God. How do they Know what they Say, and are you able to write down what they say, and say, YOU will look into that, and do so, After you leave, and look in the Bible for a correct response, write that down, and return it to them.
* Point being, much depends on the Approach. Remember no one wants to willingly engage in getting beat down. And caution you are not stepping into a hell hole, not armed WITH God WITH you.
AGAIN if you are not heavily steeped in the Word, you are your first concern to be Cautious. It’s hard to be a leader, a teacher, an encourager, if you are still an early student.

Hope this helps some.

Reactions: ThePuffyBlob

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
conversation with the most meek of an aunt or uncle
there is one but i don't think that's gonna work because age does matter here and he is the youngest of all

imagine if me a no one talk to the meekest the youngest of the siblings and the topic is about their religion i bet he will let go of my grasp on him and then let me fall deeper than ever

well he may be my uncle but
the topic will be their religion that they know is true
and he is the youngest when i told him to stay quiet i bet and hundred percent sure he will betray me for i am no one but a nephew he has no loyalty of me but he has full loyalty of his older siblings

your suggestion is a very bad one
that will make me die of depression
it's a crazy idea
yes you just said asked with curiosity but that will bring me big trouble all of my questions will be told and circulate in the community he is the youngest he has no power but to submit to the older he also have a wife that rumored to be a false witness gossiper in the whole community but based on another but more trusted gossiper
Because you do not know IF you are entering into pure Evil that practices conjuring up, calling on Evil spirits....or a group of people who, tinker, finding it a “fame, clout, type of thing, they being special being called witches, with seemingly magical powers
in the name of jesus christ they do have those powers they are using the name you see but just that they have strange ways orthodox

and you see they were called witches by the members of the born again church yet actually at that time they haven't researched about it they haven't proven they only based it on what they heard and see is that even the right thing to do? easily judge while you have not prove anything yet?

do not judge for the measure you judge will also be measured to you.. hmmm...
You should be able to tell the difference.
*People who “practice” conjuring up Evil spirts, typically, are very secretive, gather together in secrecy, routinely to perform rituals.
that is why it's hard they also call themselves christians they also pray to jesus christ they do not pray to a no name like used to be a virgin mary who is a woman or like apostle paul or like to an idol but they pray to jesus christ and God they also do not have an idol in their church but they do have the dove symbol yes just a symbol not an idol this is why it's hard the weird thing is the holy spirit part it's orthodox i bet you will also disagree when you hear about it

they are not doing it in secrecy
everyone in this community knows about that certain church and where is it located unless someone is living in the mountain

about rituals hmmm.. that's the holy spirit part let's skip that for now but it does not look like a ritual at all but was plain commanded for the purpose of something i.e healing a person and those things which were brought are not really that weird like a bone of a human or crow to offer to the gods

but something that will benefit the person that is being healed like fruits or vegetables something that is consumable like water vinegar and so on
the doctors said that this person will live no longer the same forever but after being healed by their religion the said person live like it used to be before again the holy spirit part apart from them praying to jesus christ and God they also bring up bible verses as they say for it is written they believe those things

so how are they false based on me? that's the holy spirit part and the bible part
People who “have the reputation”, as witches, often are using the “reputation” as it makes them “special, important”, but is more about the idea of the “reputation” than any hocus pocus abilities they have.
they call themselves medium
but other religion like born again who judge easily without proving call them witches and wizardry
ask questions about them. And sure, ask if wondering ABOUT God, was ever curious to them. What do they Know About God.
i did that's why i have proven they are false but still i will take care of what to think about their holy spirit and since the bible did not specify how exactly it will come to avoid offending
After you leave, and look in the Bible for a correct response, write that down, and return it to them.
that is the part that i have proven they are false
the members prove those things but not yet the religion

even if i do that their reason is there are a lot of different translation of the bible after this can you guess what happen next based on what i understand they do not believe in the bible hundred percent but they believed in the holy spirit in that religion since that spirit knows what they are thinking before they say it that's what a member said when i asked and other members probably agree to it since they did not say anything else

but i will still try and insist even if i already did but they ignored it completely since it's a very idea but makes me discouraged because they do not believe wholely in the bible
if you are still an early student.
yes

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Most of what you say they are called, is by the word of “others”.
Curious about their Church. Would you Identify to me the name of their Church and location?
If you are a early student yourself, while you have concerns, you are probably not prepared to approach.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
AGAIN if you are not heavily steeped in the Word, you are your first concern to be Cautious. It’s hard to be a leader, a teacher, an encourager, if you are still an early student.

Hope this helps some.
@Taken Reminds me of the saying, Fools rush in, where angels fear to tread....

It's good to have zeal; but zeal tempered with knowledge and experience...

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
against false doctrines?

i don't think i am

I saved a friend's life when we were kids. He was going under while trying to swim a narrow channel in the bay area off Freeport long Island.
He's a retired adult now, happily married and with grandchildren of his own.
It was a righteous act, but I was still just another child of wrath like any of us until being born again. Every soul has a choice to do what's righteous or not, but there are no heavenly scales to weigh our works. 1 sin is enough to separate us from God's grace and we all need to be saved. Our fallen nature condemns us, not our deeds.