Does ALL sins include "Past, Present and Future" sins?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the way I live my Christianity, and I hope someday you come out from under that cloud of false understanding:

21 Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence toward God. 22 And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight. 23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment. 24 Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

May we agree once and for all to dispense with all the ad hominem arguments? They are called logical fallacies for a reason.

Am I now expected to talk about how I'm not under some cloud, or whatever? Talk about me and the problems with my thinking?

Let's talk about the Scriptures.

Are we right with God, and therefore confident before Him, because, A) Christ died for us, or B) We don't do anything wrong?

What exactly are His commandments to us? There are 2.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for the welcome. However Rom 5:10 is scripture. Now please according to that scripture when specifically were they reconciled to God? How were they reconciled to God?
And another question I like to add is, how fully reconciled is this?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
someone's Faith in The Sacrifice Jesus Made and in the power of his blood Hebrews 10:14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified. (Ephesians 1:8) And to look at themselves and their performance instead, where they would fail but...He who began a good work will finish it and Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus
To me this is the heart of the matter.

Either we are looking at what He did, or we are looking at what we did, and do. Even if only to justify ourselves.

Either my relationship with God has it's foundation in Jesus, or my confidence in myself. My confidence is in Jesus.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You've been disrespectful and lazy, and I can easily put you on ignore, and not see anything you post.
Sounds to me you are making a big deal out of something very trivial to avoid answering his question.

Could that be?

Much love!

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good morning Randy,
Why do you believe Christians struggle under the New Covenant? It was only under the Old Covenant that they struggled because of their sin nature?

We are struggling with the semantics of the word "struggle." When I use the word, I'm referring to the Christian call to regularly overcome sin. Jacob wrestled with the angel and prevailed. The fact Jacob did not feel so "victorious" is because he knew the angel was superior, and exposed his weakness by putting his hip out of joint.

This amplifies the Christian's condition. He or she can overcome sin, and yet retains the sin nature. We prevail, and yet sense our constant need for God's grace. We "struggle" against sin--not as though we are losers. Rather, we "struggle" in order to prevail, or to overcome, even though in our struggle we retain the knowledge of our own imperfections and weaknesses.

Oh, good morning to you too! :) It's beginning to be a pleasant sunny day here in the Pacific NW!

They went to Abraham's bosom when they died, but with Christ's resurrection, they rose too and were seen walking around Jerusalem. They wouldn't have died again; they are probably in heaven and Abraham's bosom is now empty.

I think the people seen walking around Jerusalem after the resurrection of Jesus had only just died. They may have arisen much as Lazarus did, before their bodies had completely dissolved into dust. They did indeed have to die again, just as Lazarus did.

To struggle by their own efforts??? That is not the gospel. We can do nothing without Christ inside us, and in Him there is NO struggle. His yoke is easy, and His burden is light. The laws are written on our new nature to do naturally, instinctively. So, what struggle? Unfortunately, there are many Christians in the church who have yet to fully surrender to Christ and be filled with His Spirit. It is not automatic by accepting Jesus as Savior, but not Lord.

We do "overcome." That is biblical. That is the "struggle." I'm not referring to a struggle in which we fail. Paul compared the Christian life to a spiritual warfare.

The burden that Jesus said was "light" has to do with his work in atoning for our sins. It's impossible to atone for our own sin. Therefore, a struggle to accomplish that is hard and painful, and incapable of success.

You still believe it is us choosing to live in His righteousness to be born again. That is works. NO! It is when we acknowledge our inability to live in God's righteousness by our own efforts, that we cry out to Jesus and tell Him of our failure, but desire to be cleansed, that Jesus steps up and gives us His Holy Spirit to empower us to easily and naturally do righteousness by the laws suddenly written on our hearts.

Again, we cannot do the work of atoning for our own sins--something only Christ could accomplish. But we can do the work of choosing Christ to be our redeemer. And we can choose to do his works, simply by accepting his word in our hearts.

This is not salvation by works, but rather, the works of salvation, meaning Christ atones and we do works through obedience to him. We accept him and choose to live by his word and enablement.

Above...
You are still giving your own efforts too much credit. Our new nature is so much more powerful than the old nature that died on the cross, it is easy to not resurrect the old nature by your free will, especially after experiencing the joy and authorities we enjoy and the freedom from falling into temptation.

I believe you're conflating the ease of accepting atonement for our sins with the difficulty of fighting against our sin nature. It is indeed easy to embrace Christ as our Savior. But it is not always easy to resist temptations to sin. Jesus bled in the garden of Gethsemane in his own resistance to sin. We sometimes have to resist sin to the point of martyrdom or suffering persecution. Choosing to live the Christian way is not always popular. Indeed, the world is hostile to it. It is indeed a "struggle" for us.

Yes, Jeremiah spoke of the New Covenant that would come.

Those who are actually Spirit-filled and Spirit-driven are much more successful than those in the OT who had to struggle. That is why their sins were previously overlooked. Romans 3:25.

The Holy Spirit directs us to follow God's word in a very specific way, to accomplish Christ's mission for the Church. But *all men* can do good, because God's word has gone out throughout the earth, convicting men of sin, and trying to encourage them to live righteous lives. All men, therefore, can obey God and do good. But it takes the Holy Spirit to carry out the mission of Christ once one has determined to commit their whole life to God, accepting Christ as the standard of obedience. Christ alone represents a standard that rejects *all sin.*

That was Adam BEFORE he willfully sinned. But no one in the OT have what we have. Otherwise, there would be no reason for Christ to send the Holy Spirit to all of us, not just the few.

Holy Spirit anointing in the OT did not make men sinless and perfect. All men could live in the likeness of God if they simply responded to God's word in their conscience. Lacking the knowledge of God they most often did not recognize God's word in their conscience in many ways and at many times.

But God's word speaks to the conscience of a man in a unique way when the man or woman lives in covenant relationship with God. Then he or she is given a specific task to do by God's word. That is unique to them. It has nothing to do with perfection, nor is it exclusive to the NT.

The benefit of the Holy Spirit anointing is not just to enable men and women to obey God, but more, to carry out specific missions for God after they have come into covenant relationship with God. It enables them to carry God's word to others in the form of knowledge about Him. And this is what most people lack--the knowledge of God. God speaks to their conscience, but their minds have been clouded by deceptions and lies. God's mission is to bring clarity to those who would otherwise repent and choose to serve Him.

The taking away has to do with the sin NATURE. This is the fundamental flaw in the humanistic doctrines that developed after the apostles died.

I disagree. The Sin Nature is not taken away from Christians until they die. That is why God placed a death sentence upon all of mankind when Adam and Eve sinned. We are redeemed by grace today, but the purpose is to lead us to resurrection into new immortal bodies that are free of sin.

For the present, however, we remain saddled with a Sin Nature. Christian grace does not remove our Sin Nature--only the curse of sin, which is exclusion from the Kingdom of heaven.

Again, you own efforts. Works. That is OT, not New.

Good works are in both OT and NT. Only after the atonement of Christ do good works achieve eternal life, and that by the grace of God. Our works "follow us."

Rev 14.13 Then I heard a voice from heaven say, “Write this: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on.” “Yes,” says the Spirit, “they will rest from their labor, for their deeds will follow them.”

Reactions: Nancy

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For one thing, how would you know that? This was a teaching from Jesus, and Jesus did not declare this of these He spoke of. So do you put words into the mouth of Jesus?

Jesus' answer to them had nothing to do with their works, whether real or imagined. Jesus doesn't, in His teaching, even give an assessment of their works at all. The entire point was that they didn't have a relationship. He never knew them! They thought they were OK with God because they approved of their own works.

They assumed that because they had these works that they knew God. But they were wrong.

This has nothing to do with what God tells us in Romans 4 and 5, that by faith we know Him, and by faith we stand in His grace. Grace in giving us Christ. We stand in His grace, not ignoring His gift, Christ in you. Which is what I was talking about. Not that we can think all our works are good, but miss out on knowing Jesus.

So I teach sanctification through faith in the efficacy of Jesus' death to our justification. That by accepting as accomplished fact our sins are forgiven unleashes our faith to live in God's presence and love, and your response is essentially that I'm just relying on works and don't really know Jesus?

Am I missing something here?

Much love!

A "Christian" who sins doesn't have a relationship with Christ.

1 John 3:6
6 Whoever abides in Him does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm referring to the Christian call to regularly overcome sin.

I know what you are talking about, but you are disregarding the gospel. Jesus was manifest to take away our sin, and in Him there is no sin.

That doesn't mean that we can sin, and it doesn't count as sin.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A "Christian" who sins doesn't have a relationship with Christ.

1 John 3:6
6 Whoever abides in Him does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him.
As I've pointed out before, by your soteriology, I'm not a Christian, not been born again, and do not know God.

You are pretty much declaring that almost all of us here on this forum, those who don't claim that they never sin, aren't Christians.

I don't believe you.

Much love!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I've pointed out before, by your soteriology, I'm not a Christian, not been born again, and do not know God.

You are pretty much declaring that almost all of us here on this forum, those who don't claim that they never sin, aren't Christians.

I don't believe you.

Much love!

You know perfectly well what I believe, and the sin of 1 John 3:6 is 1 John 3:4. As I keep telling you, context matters.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you think remission of sins via water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ was first introduced as N.T. church doctrine in Acts 2:38(at Pentecost) ?
No remission of sins has always been. Abraham, David received it Rom 4:6-8

6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

Ps 32:1-2

Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.

2 Blessed is the man unto whom the Lord imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. How can Jesus cleanse us from all unrighteousness, and we still have sin?
When you were babtized by water and by the Holy Spirit (born again), where in the NT scriptures does it say that our flesh and blood are made holy?
Don't you know that flesh and blood cannot inherit the KoG!
Paul reaffirms that by saying in Romans 7[18] For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you were babtized by water and by the Holy Spirit (born again), where in the NT scriptures does it say that our flesh and blood are made holy?
Don't you know that flesh and blood cannot inherit the KoG!
Paul reaffirms that by saying in Romans 7[18] For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

Flesh and blood, as in our body? No where? But our nature, that is called "the flesh" by Paul, is changed and made eternal, whereas our body will still have to die. And, of course, Romans 7:18 is talking about our pre-born again state of our nature. That is BEFORE coming to Jesus. Oy vey!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seeing as you dish them out, you should practice what you preach.
Feel free to point to any logical fallacies I may commit. I don't know that you'll find any.

When pointing out Ad Hominem arguments, of necessity, this means talking about the person. But pointing out an Ad Hominem is not committing one.

I point these out in the hopes that people will recognize the needlessness of such talk, and to hopefully stop.

Oh . . . and I don't mind answering questions. But a one sided discussion is not what I'm here for.

Much love!