Does ALL sins include "Past, Present and Future" sins?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you answered my question ? According to Rom 5:10 when were they reconciled to God ? And how ?
Behold, the Lamb of God, Who carries away the sin of the world. The Lord has laid upon Him the iniquity of us all. God was in Christ, reconciling the world to Himself, not counting their trespasses against them.

In short, God took everything He had against us, all the guilt and debt of sin, and put it on Jesus, so when Jesus died, our sins are gone.

When? Before we repented, while we were still enemies. So that God has nothing against us, and now urges us to come to Him, to be reconciled, more precisely, to receive the reconcilation.

Much love!

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Behold, the Lamb of God, Who carries away the sin of the world. The Lord has laid upon Him the iniquity of us all. God was in Christ, reconciling the world to Himself, not counting their trespasses against them.

In short, God took everything He had against us, all the guilt and debt of sin, and put it on Jesus, so when Jesus died, our sins are gone.

When? Before we repented, while we were still enemies. So that God has nothing against us, and now urges us to come to Him, to be reconciled, more precisely, to receive the reconcilation.

Much love!
What about people who are going to hell, who will lost? Does what you just stated apply to them?

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Feel free to point to any logical fallacies I may commit. I don't know that you'll find any.

When pointing out Ad Hominem arguments, of necessity, this means talking about the person. But pointing out an Ad Hominem is not committing one.

I point these out in the hopes that people will recognize the needlessness of such talk, and to hopefully stop.

Oh . . . and I don't mind answering questions. But a one sided discussion is not what I'm here for.

Much love!

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems all you want is a repeat of the milk of the gospel, and are not ready for the meat.

It does not get any “ Meatier” in the World Of True Christianity than RESTING in the Finished Work Of The Cross and being absolutely certain that a Believer can not go to Hell for ANY Reason....and youcall this “ milk?” ...... lol.....at the very “Least” it is the Gospel .....You wouldn’t recognize the True Gospel if it came up and bit you on the , Er....ah.....Behind.NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD—- live that and breathe that, become a “ Free Man or Woman” in Christ —- only then will you know what Christian Maturity, aka “ meat” really is.....Trusting in One’s Own Pitiful Performance to be Justified before God , as opposed to putting your COMPLETE “ Trust “ in Jesus and HIM ALONE for your Salvation is where your confused, Non-Biblical Doctrine dwells.....You Don’t even understand the Basics Of The Faith—- let alone being one that feasts upon the Meat Of The Gospel...Currently, you have a brain full Of religious Mush—- you are the LAST Person on here that should be lecturing others....you are nothing more than an entertaining Clown on this Site, and your Clown Act Is getting old—- especially to us True “ Meat Eaters here.....

Last edited:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Martin Luther was wrong, and that statement of "even if we commit murder and adultery 1000 times a day it will not separate us from God," is an embarrassment to Lutherans.

You just don’t “ get it” , do you? Do you REALLY THINk Luther was advocating rape and murder? He is exaggerating to make a point....you are simply too “ shallow” to have a serious discussion with....you need to go away....leave this place to Thinking Adults...

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is your responsibility to know you brought it up. Do your own work instead of pawning it off on others

I know what the context is...but you should do your own study so that you can know what it is...and, that the context does not nullify the scripture in question.

I mean, John the Baptist was *not* a carnal man! ;) Right?

He was filled with the Holy Ghost from birth.

Yes, good description! However, you would have to say that all men and women under the Law were "lions!" They certainly were not! The Prophets were not "lions," even though they had sin natures, and struggled, as Paul said, against sin, and were prevented from having eternal life.

Every prophet who prophesied had to be born again in order to receive the Spirit of Christ (see 1 Peter 1:11)..

And who wants to sin.

The unregenerated unbeliever.

All is forgiven. All, for all time.

Consider what it says in Ezekiel 33:11-20 and see if ou think the same thing afterwards.

Grace has not been extended to you.....that is why you don’t understand it.....
Some things must be “Spiritually Revealed”......if you lack that “ Spirit” , you also Lack “ ears to hear”, and I have been advised to not “ cast my pearls before swine”......

You are certainly quick to judge, aren't you?

I believe that @CharismaticLady's testimony bears out the fact that she is a recipient of grace.

I can commit Adultery and Murder my wife anytime I “WANT” to and here is the Clincher—— I don’t “ WANT” to!

David committed Adultery and Murder, yet he is a Saved man ....

Did he "WANT TO"?

David was STILL “ a man after God’s Own Heart” and was still counted as a “ Hero Of Faith”.

Of course, concerning David's sin with Bathsheba, God said of it that it would be an occasion for the enemies of the LORD to blaspheme...which is what they do when they teach that it is okay to commit adultery and murder because "David did it."

I don't think that you are looking at it from a perspective of how normal human people think...

Adultery and murder is indeed heinous.

Don’t start whining when God metes out your Chastisement —- If David received it —- you are going to receive it too.....That is the lesson to be taken from David’s life—— Act like a Fool...give into your sinful lusts ...
Disobey God....Do evil....never forget that “ your sin will find you out”.....pay a terrible price for what you have done to keep yourself and others from doing it again ,

Unless you are a bastard and not a true son.

Completely Unbiblical.....

His statement was in fact biblical (1 John 3:9, 1 John 3:6, 1 John 2:17; Jude 1:24, 2 Peter 1:10, 1 John 2:10, 1 John 3:7, 1 John 3:3, 1 John 2:6; 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24 (kjv), Hebrews 10:14 (kjv), Colossians 2:11 (nlt)).

Unbiblical Hog-Wash.....I will ask you again—- why does Paul talk so much about God’s Chastisement for “ HIS CHILDREN” if those “ Children” never sin? God sure would be Unkind if he went about Punishing His Children for no good reason, wouldn't you agree?

Even those who have never yet believed are considered to be "the offspring of God" in holy scripture (Acts of the Apostles 17:28).

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stand before your Maker some day....Trust in “ Your” pathetic Performance instead of thanking Him for His Perfect Performance On your behalf ,symbolized by the Precious Blood poured out on the Heavenly Mercy Seat and scratch your head in wonderment when you hear those Horrible Words....”Depart From me , I Never knew you!”.....you just never did “ get it” .

He will say that to those who are defined as "workers of iniquity" (Matthew 7:23, Matthew 13:41-42).

People are not exempt from being that just because the penalty for their sin has been paid. It must be a practical reality in thier lives that they are not "workers of iniquity" if they are going to enter in to the kingdom

I hope many if you here join me in that Feast to end all Feasts! Remember how old BB got there , in spite of his rottenness ....He Believed a simple Song—-“ NOTHING But The Blood Of JESUS”..... Turned out it was the Truth! God bless.....

The blood of Jesus does not only justify (as per Romans 5:9)...it also sanctifies (Hebrews 13:12, Hebrews 10:29) and cleanseth us from all sin (1 John 1:7).

Is it possible that, when applied, it will do one thing (justify) without also doing the other (sanctify and cleanse)?

Think about it.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would God chastise His Children is He doesn't see their sin?

God chastises His Children for the very same reason that “we” punish our OWN Children.....we LOVE them ! We do it for THEIR OWN GOOD! If I have a very young child that insists upon trying to put paper clips into electrical outlets.....I will punish them harshly , as opposed to ignoring that dangerous behavior and letting them get electrocuted!
God hates Sin because it always hurts the Sinner or somebody else...God has already forgiven ALL of our sins , if we are Believers. Just because His Grace assures us that we are not Damned for our sins, God will NOT be Mocked—- NOBODY is going to “ Sin and get away with it!”.....if sin is not punished here in our Earthly existence—- it is likely to thrive even more than it does “ with” the punishment....
God “ sees” Sin .....He punishes that Sin as part of Transforming us into the “ Image Of His Son” ....but for the purposes of Salvation, He Forgives and even FORGETS Sins.....Yes, He “ SEES” Sin, But He puts it on the Cross and Leaves it there —- Jesus Paid the Price for all Sins to get you Into Heaven, But here on Earth,YOU pay the Price.....

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God chastises His Children for the very same reason that “we” punish our OWN Children.....we LOVE them ! We do it for THEIR OWN GOOD! If I have a very young child that insists upon trying to put paper clips into electrical outlets.....I will punish them harshly , as opposed to ignoring that dangerous behavior and letting them get electrocuted!
God hates Sin because it always hurts the Sinner or somebody else...God has already forgiven ALL of our sins , if we are Believers. Just because His Grace assures us that we are not Damned for our sins, God will NOT be Mocked—- NOBODY is going to “ Sin and get away with it!”.....if sin is not punished here in our Earthly existence—- it is likely to thrive even more than it does “ with” the punishment....
God “ sees” Sin .....He punishes that Sin as part of Transforming us into the “ Image Of His Son” ....but for the purposes of Salvation, He Forgives and even FORGETS Sins.....Yes, He “ SEES” Sin, But He puts it on the Cross and Leaves it there —- Jesus Paid the Price for all Sins to get you Into Heaven, But here on Earth,YOU pay the Price.....
You're going to get it from our heavenly Father for being a liar concerning the challenge that you made to all of us and then when you lost you didn't pay up...that is, if you really belong to the Lord as one of His children (are not a bastard but a true son).

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In order to become a Christian we must repent, Truther. That is an element of the milk of the gospel. Acts 2:38. But if someone truly repents, then Jesus gives them the Holy Spirit to super-sensitize their conscience where suddenly the laws of God are written and they become your nature. So if you keep those laws on your heart, what further repentance must you make. It is only trespasses that we must ask forgiveness of, AS we forgive others. So there are really two easy things we must do as Christians:

1. Obey your own conscience. 1 John 3:21-24
2. Forgive others their trespasses. Matthew 6:14-15

Balony! Newbies, please note......she does not know Scripture !
This side of the Cross , Jesus left us with TWO COMMANDS .....#1 Believe.....#2Love
Read 1John 3:23.....Apparently, somebody here hasn’t.....She still Lives in the Old Covenant Of Law....The Enlightened know that we live in the New Covenant Of Grace, i. e. We don’t Forgive to GET forgiven....We Forgive because we already ARE Forgiven..... “ .....forgiving each other, just as in Christ, God FORGAVE You!” Ephesians 4:32

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Balony! Newbies, please note......she does not know Scripture !
This side of the Cross , Jesus left us with TWO COMMANDS .....#1 Believe.....#2Love
Read 1John 3:23.....Apparently, somebody here hasn’t.....She still Lives in the Old Covenant Of Law....The Enlightened know that we live in the New Covenant Of Grace, i. e. We don’t Forgive to GET forgiven....We Forgive because we already ARE Forgiven..... “ .....forgiving each other, just as in Christ, God FORGAVE You!” Ephesians 4:32
If we love, then the other commandments will be fulfilled in us also...

Rom 13:8, Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
Rom 13:9, For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Rom 13:10, Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He will say that to those who are defined as "workers of iniquity" (Matthew 7:23, Matthew 13:41-42).

People are not exempt from being that just because the penalty for their sin has been paid. It must be a practical reality in thier lives that they are not "workers of iniquity" if they are going to enter in to the kingdom

The blood of Jesus does not only justify (as per Romans 5:9)...it also sanctifies (Hebrews 13:12, Hebrews 10:29) and cleanseth us from all sin (1 John 1:7).

Is it possible that, when applied, it will do one thing (justify) without also doing the other (sanctify and cleanse)?

Think about it.

I “thought” about ....laughed about it....then forgot about it...

A “worker of Iniquity” is one whe rejects the Gospel.....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're going to get it from our heavenly Father for being a liar concerning the challenge that you made to all of us and then when you lost you didn't pay up...that is, if you really belong to the Lord as one of His children (are not a bastard but a true son).

Hey Just?.....give it a Rest, will ya.....you never provided the KJV verse that says to “ repent OF YOUR SINS to be Saved...”...and for good reason— it ain’t in there !

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I “thought” about ....laughed about it....then forgot about it...

A “worker of Iniquity” is one whe rejects the Gospel.....

Because those who receive the gospel, the blood of Jesus cleanseth them from all sin and they become born of God (see 1 john 3:9, 1 John 3:6, 1 John 2:17 for what this means for them).

Hey Just?.....give it a Rest, will ya.....you never provided the KJV verse that says to “ repent OF YOUR SINS to be Saved...”...and for good reason— it ain’t in there !

You are looking at it from the perspective of literal words used and not the meaning of the passage. You are looking for the actual words "repent of your sins and be saved".

I think that, "turn from your wickedness and you will live thereby," says basically the same thing...

And that is the message that is given in Ezekiel 33:11-20.

Have the blinders been removed yet?

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eze 33:11, Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
Eze 33:12, Therefore, thou son of man, say unto the children of thy people, The righteousness of the righteous shall not deliver him in the day of his transgression: as for the wickedness of the wicked, he shall not fall thereby in the day that he turneth from his wickedness; neither shall the righteous be able to live for his righteousness in the day that he sinneth.
Eze 33:13, When I shall say to the righteous, that he shall surely live; if he trust to his own righteousness, and commit iniquity, all his righteousnesses shall not be remembered; but for his iniquity that he hath committed, he shall die for it.
Eze 33:14, Again, when I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; if he turn from his sin, and do that which is lawful and right;
Eze 33:15, If the wicked restore the pledge, give again that he had robbed, walk in the statutes of life, without committing iniquity; he shall surely live, he shall not die.
Eze 33:16, None of his sins that he hath committed shall be mentioned unto him: he hath done that which is lawful and right; he shall surely live.
Eze 33:17, Yet the children of thy people say, The way of the Lord is not equal: but as for them, their way is not equal.
Eze 33:18, When the righteous turneth from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, he shall even die thereby.
Eze 33:19, But if the wicked turn from his wickedness, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall live thereby.
Eze 33:20, Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal. O ye house of Israel, I will judge you every one after his ways.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that, "turn from your wickedness and you will live thereby," says basically the same thing...

“ Turning From wickedness” is a great thing.....you will Live longer .....That is what God is telling the wicked.
If “ Turning From Wickedness” were the Recipe for Salvation....why did Jesus go to the Cross? He could have left everybody with this—- “Hey everybody! Wanna get Saved? All ya gotta do is “ Turn over a New Leaf!”
Jesus could have returned to Heaven with no scars on his hands and feet and John the Baptist would be red- faced indeed—- he declared that Jesus came to Earth to be “ The Lamb ( Blood Sacrifice ) Of God that would Take Away the Sins Of the World”
Even Isaiah would have been revealed as a man who spoke with no Truth in him ! It was HIS claim that Jesus would be Tortured and Crucified for “ OUR” Transgressions .....
Using “ your” logic.....who needs Jesus to pay a Price we could never pay? Who needs a Savior? Save yourself and let Jesus be! How ? .....Simple.....just quit being “ Wicked”.
“ Cleaning up your Act” will be a blessing to you compared to the one that doesn’t do it......However, “ Salvation is Of the Lord”...... The very name of Jesus translates as “ GOD is our Salvation”..... God could not make it plainer......if you have “ eyes to see”... most don’t .

Reactions: marks

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If “ Turning From Wickedness” were the Recipe for Salvation....why did Jesus go to the Cross?

Apart from the Cross there is no power to change your direction.

The blood of Jesus sanctifies (Hebrews 13:12, Hebrews 10:29) and cleanseth us from all sin (1 John 1:7).

And Jesus, when dying on the Cross, said, "Father, into thy hands I commend my Spirit..."

Some 50 days later God poured out the Holy Spirit on the early church and He has dwelt in the hearts of believers ever since.

Through the Spirit, the righteousness of the law can be fulfilled in us (Romans 8:4).

Apart from Him, we can do no good (Romans 3:12).

So, we need to abide in the vine (Christ who died) in order to be able to walk victoriously (John 15:1-8, 1 John 3:6; 1 Corinthians 15:57) and in freedom from the power of sin (John 8:31-36).

His death on the Cross (and our identification with it) means that we can walk in freedom and victory (see Galatians 5:24, Romans 6:6).

You may have been taught well by strong teachers certain doctrinal truths that are healthy for your soul...

But you are deeply missing something if you don't read the Bible for yourself and act as a Berean (Acts of the Apostles 17:10-11) concerning the things you are taking in.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“ Turning From wickedness” is a great thing.....you will Live longer .....That is what God is telling the wicked.
You are misinterpreting that; but I know that you have more than one reason to do so.

1) if it means spiritual life (being born again) then you have lost the challenge.

2) if it means spiritual life then you are also found to have falsity in your teaching.

It's alright, BB1953...I know that you have found your loophole, so that you don't have to pay up.

I only hope for your sake that it is not an eternal issue that is at stake for you in that you now believe that you will not die spiritually for turning from righteousness...but only physically...however long it is in the future that that will take place.

Because if you will die spiritually, then you will die eternally for having turned from righteousness...

I would only exhort you to read over the passage (Ezekiel 33:11-20) more then once, more than twice, more than three times...and get all that you can out of it.

Then maybe the Holy Spirit will be able to minister to you what He wants to out of the passage.

While you're at it, ask Him to illuminate it to you.