Does ALL sins include "Past, Present and Future" sins?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In order to become a Christian we must repent, Truther. That is an element of the milk of the gospel. Acts 2:38. But if someone truly repents, then Jesus gives them the Holy Spirit to super-sensitize their conscience where suddenly the laws of God are written and they become your nature. So if you keep those laws on your heart, what further repentance must you make. It is only trespasses that we must ask forgiveness of, AS we forgive others. So there are really two easy things we must do as Christians:

1. Obey your own conscience. 1 John 3:21-24
2. Forgive others their trespasses. Matthew 6:14-15
Then repentance is a work, correct?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No remission of sins has always been. Abraham, David received it Rom 4:6-8

6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

Ps 32:1-2

Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.

2 Blessed is the man unto whom the Lord imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.
So, Peter was mistaken here at Pentecost?....

37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, Peter was mistaken here at Pentecost?....

37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
No Peter ok !

Reactions: Truther

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. A lost person is spiritually dead, cant do anything spiritually towards God ! Only after a person is saved from their spiritually dead state can they act towards God
The same scripture seems to apply to everything that is going on here...

Eze 33:11, Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
Eze 33:12, Therefore, thou son of man, say unto the children of thy people, The righteousness of the righteous shall not deliver him in the day of his transgression: as for the wickedness of the wicked, he shall not fall thereby in the day that he turneth from his wickedness; neither shall the righteous be able to live for his righteousness in the day that he sinneth.
Eze 33:13, When I shall say to the righteous, that he shall surely live; if he trust to his own righteousness, and commit iniquity, all his righteousnesses shall not be remembered; but for his iniquity that he hath committed, he shall die for it.
Eze 33:14, Again, when I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; if he turn from his sin, and do that which is lawful and right;
Eze 33:15, If the wicked restore the pledge, give again that he had robbed, walk in the statutes of life, without committing iniquity; he shall surely live, he shall not die.
Eze 33:16, None of his sins that he hath committed shall be mentioned unto him: he hath done that which is lawful and right; he shall surely live.
Eze 33:17, Yet the children of thy people say, The way of the Lord is not equal: but as for them, their way is not equal.
Eze 33:18, When the righteous turneth from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, he shall even die thereby.
Eze 33:19, But if the wicked turn from his wickedness, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall live thereby.
Eze 33:20, Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal. O ye house of Israel, I will judge you every one after his ways.

Here, the person *lives* *as the result of* *turning from his wickednes*s...as signified by the word thereby.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. A lost person is spiritually dead, cant do anything spiritually towards God ! Only after a person is saved from their spiritually dead state can they act towards God
I see, so John and Jesus saying "repent or else", were wrong?

If repentance is not a requirement to be saved, and confession is a physical work too, are we saved in our sleep?

Reactions: justbyfaith

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He was filled with the Holy Ghost from birth.
Every prophet who prophesied had to be born again in order to receive the Spirit of Christ (see 1 Peter 1:11)..
The unregenerated unbeliever.
Consider what it says in Ezekiel 33:11-20 and see if ou think the same thing afterwards.

His statement was in fact biblical (1 John 3:9, 1 John 3:6, 1 John 2:17; Jude 1:24, 2 Peter 1:10, 1 John 2:10, 1 John 3:7, 1 John 3:3, 1 John 2:6; 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24 (kjv), Hebrews 10:14 (kjv), Colossians 2:11 (nlt)).

I think you're missing my point. My point is that all these saints in the OT were *saints,* but were not sinless. Whether you want to call them "born again" or not isn't the issue--that language is not even used in the Bible with respect to these people!

So let's just keep to the biblical language itself for the time being, to avoid confusion. These OT figures were not sinless, even though we would both agree they were saints. But being in the OT era, under the Law, they did *not yet have eternal life.* And so they struggled against sin, and could not obtain, in this struggle, eternal life. They could only prevail in righteousness against their inborn sin. They could not yet inherit eternal life.

So the idea of a "struggle" is something all reborn saints of God have, OT and NT. The only difference I'm talking about is the struggle OT saints had in overcoming their own personal sin with the accompanying inability to achieve eternal life. That had to come *after* Christ went to the cross. Agreed?

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see, so John and Jesus saying "repent or else", were wrong?

If repentance is not a requirement to be saved, and confession is a physical work too, are we saved in our sleep?
The command to repent goes out to them which are made alive Spiritually, not to dead folk

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you're missing my point. My point is that all these saints in the OT were *saints,* but were not sinless. Whether you want to call them "born again" or not isn't the issue--that language is not even used in the Bible with respect to these people!

So let's just keep to the biblical language itself for the time being, to avoid confusion. These OT figures were not sinless, even though we would both agree they were saints. But being in the OT era, under the Law, they did *not yet have eternal life.* And so they struggled against sin, and could not obtain, in this struggle, eternal life. They could only prevail in righteousness against their inborn sin. They could not yet inherit eternal life.

So the idea of a "struggle" is something all reborn saints of God have, OT and NT. The only difference I'm talking about is the struggle OT saints had in overcoming their own personal sin with the accompanying inability to achieve eternal life. That had to come *after* Christ went to the cross. Agreed?
OT saints were indeed "born again" because they had the Spirit of the Lord dwelling in them (1 Peter 1:11).

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It does not get any “ Meatier” in the World Of True Christianity than RESTING in the Finished Work Of The Cross and being absolutely certain that a Believer can not go to Hell for ANY Reason....and youcall this “ milk?” ...... lol.....at the very “Least” it is the Gospel .....You wouldn’t recognize the True Gospel if it came up and bit you on the , Er....ah.....Behind.NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD—- live that and breathe that, become a “ Free Man or Woman” in Christ —- only then will you know what Christian Maturity, aka “ meat” really is.....Trusting in One’s Own Pitiful Performance to be Justified before God , as opposed to putting your COMPLETE “ Trust “ in Jesus and HIM ALONE for your Salvation is where your confused, Non-Biblical Doctrine dwells.....You Don’t even understand the Basics Of The Faith—- let alone being one that feasts upon the Meat Of The Gospel...Currently, you have a brain full Of religious Mush—- you are the LAST Person on here that should be lecturing others....you are nothing more than an entertaining Clown on this Site, and your Clown Act Is getting old—- especially to us True “ Meat Eaters here.....

Actually, your beliefs are spoiled milk. You have completely disregarded the power of the blood of Jesus to create a new character within you. You want to keep your old one and get away with your sins. How spoiled is that!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You just don’t “ get it” , do you? Do you REALLY THINk Luther was advocating rape and murder? He is exaggerating to make a point....you are simply too “ shallow” to have a serious discussion with....you need to go away....leave this place to Thinking Adults...

He was not exaggerating. He believes the same thing you do.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God chastises His Children for the very same reason that “we” punish our OWN Children.....we LOVE them ! We do it for THEIR OWN GOOD! If I have a very young child that insists upon trying to put paper clips into electrical outlets.....I will punish them harshly , as opposed to ignoring that dangerous behavior and letting them get electrocuted!
God hates Sin because it always hurts the Sinner or somebody else...God has already forgiven ALL of our sins , if we are Believers. Just because His Grace assures us that we are not Damned for our sins, God will NOT be Mocked—- NOBODY is going to “ Sin and get away with it!”.....if sin is not punished here in our Earthly existence—- it is likely to thrive even more than it does “ with” the punishment....
God “ sees” Sin .....He punishes that Sin as part of Transforming us into the “ Image Of His Son” ....but for the purposes of Salvation, He Forgives and even FORGETS Sins.....Yes, He “ SEES” Sin, But He puts it on the Cross and Leaves it there —- Jesus Paid the Price for all Sins to get you Into Heaven, But here on Earth,YOU pay the Price.....

We SEE our childrens sins, and know what we are chastising them for. You see to think the Father is blind.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Balony! Newbies, please note......she does not know Scripture !
This side of the Cross , Jesus left us with TWO COMMANDS .....#1 Believe.....#2Love
Read 1John 3:23.....Apparently, somebody here hasn’t.....She still Lives in the Old Covenant Of Law....The Enlightened know that we live in the New Covenant Of Grace, i. e. We don’t Forgive to GET forgiven....We Forgive because we already ARE Forgiven..... “ .....forgiving each other, just as in Christ, God FORGAVE You!” Ephesians 4:32

You can say what you like against me. Anyone who knows the Word of God cannot refute what I say without completely twisting the meaning. And many do because they've chosen teachers that tell them what they want to hear.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope, a person becomes born again when they repent and place their faith in Jesus.
Thats backwards, a dead person has no life to do anything. The natural man is spiritually dead ! When Jesus gives His people life then they can act spiritually

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thats backwards, a dead person has no life to do anything. The natural man is spiritually dead ! When Jesus gives His people life then they can act spiritually
The implications of what you are saying is that your god is some kind of cosmic monster who arbitrarily chooses some for heaven and others to be thrown into the lake of fire.

However, if we receive everlasting life through our own personal faith in Jesus, then if we don't believe in Jesus we have only ourselves to blame for our condemnation.

Whereas in your scenario, your god basically murdered a bunch of people, casting them into the lake of fire, arbitrarily choosing them for that fate. He is to blame for the fact that billions of people will be cast into the lake of fire.

I will never believe such a monstrosity of a doctrine.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The implications of what you are saying is that your god is some kind of cosmic monster who arbitrarily chooses some for heaven and others to be thrown into the lake of fire.

However, if we receive everlasting life through our own personal faith in Jesus, then if we don't believe in Jesus we have only ourselves to blame for our condemnation.

Whereas in your scenario, your god basically murdered a bunch of people, casting them into the lake of fire, arbitrarily choosing them for that fate. He is to blame for the fact that billions of people will be cast into the lake of fire.

I will never believe such a monstrosity of a doctrine.
Again, what you say and think is backwards. Activity springs from life, not death

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, what you say and think is backwards. Activity springs from life, not death
You want to believe that God is a cosmic sadist, be my guest.

But I don't think that He is going to treat you very kindly for insulting Him that way.

God is not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance (2 Peter 3:9).

This takes the doctrine of Limited Atonement off of the table for me biblically.