Does ALL sins include "Past, Present and Future" sins?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You want to believe that God is a cosmic sadist, be my guest.

But I don't think that He is going to treat you very kindly for insulting Him that way.

God is not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance (2 Peter 3:9).

This takes the doctrine of Limited Atonement off of the table for me biblically.
You have apparently lost track of the immediate discussion. If a man is dead spiritually how can he repent, which is a activity indicating life ?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have apparently lost track of the immediate discussion. If a man is dead spiritually how can he repent, which is a activity indicating life ?
These things are inter-related.

God wakes a man up, halfway, so that he is able to make a decision either to wake up the whole way or else go back to sleep.

This is what it means when it says that the Father draws people to Jesus Christ. They are given the opportunity to make a decision for Christ apart from the influence of demons and/or the fact that they were born dead in trespasses and sins.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These things are inter-related.

God wakes a man up, halfway, so that he is able to make a decision either to wake up the whole way or else go back to sleep.

This is what it means when it says that the Father draws people to Jesus Christ. They are given the opportunity to make a decision for Christ apart from the influence of demons and/or the fact that they were born dead in trespasses and sins.
You have to have life to perform a activity. A person cant eat a meal if they are dead. They cant make a decision to eat, why ? They dont have life

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have to have life to perform a activity. A person cant eat a meal if they are dead. They cant make a decision to eat, why ? They dont have life
Unregenerated unbelievers have physical life and therefore they have the ability to make decisions...such as to eat.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unregenerated unbelievers have physical life and therefore they have the ability to make decisions...such as to eat.
physical life profits nothing in Spiritual matters. Repentance, believing, these are spiritual matters and acts.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
physical life profits nothing in Spiritual matters. Repentance, believing, these are spiritual matters and acts.
It does profit something. The fact that I am alive physically and have a consciousness means that I can choose whether to put maple or raspberry syrup on my pancakes. I can also choose whether to reject or receive Christ.

Reactions: Nancy

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It does profit something. The fact that I am alive physically and have a consciousness means that I can choose whether to put maple or raspberry syrup on my pancakes. I can also choose whether to reject or receive Christ.
A person who is physcially dead cant eat physical food, likewise, a person who is without spiritual life cant consume spiritual food. The Gospel is spiritual food for the newborn babes

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A person who is physcially dead cant eat physical food, likewise, a person who is without spiritual life cant consume spiritual food. The Gospel is spiritual food for the newborn babes
A fetus in its mother's womb can receive nourishment from the umbilical cord.

It has not yet been born.

Likewise, those who have not yet been born again can receive seed on good ground (because time and chance happen to everything, Ecclesiastes 9:11, and therefore circumstances in one's life may make a person to be good soil) so that it produces a fruit-bearing plant...the plant itself, once it appears, being the evidence of life.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A fetus in its mother's womb can receive nourishment from the umbilical cord.

It has not yet been born.

Likewise, those who have not yet been born again can receive seed on good ground (because time and chance happen to everything, Ecclesiastes 9:11, and therefore circumstances in one's life may make a person to be good soil) so that it produces a fruit-bearing plant...the plant itself, once it appears, being the evidence of life.
A fetus has life, duh. Wonder if the fetus was dead ?

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Flesh and blood, as in our body? No where? But our nature, that is called "the flesh" by Paul, is changed and made eternal, whereas our body will still have to die. And, of course, Romans 7:18 is talking about our pre-born again state of our nature. That is BEFORE coming to Jesus. Oy vey!
Rom. 7:18 For I know that in me, that is, in my flesh, dwelleth no good thing:
The words are very obvious that there is nothing good in our flesh at all, whether with Jesus, or without Jesus.
Unless of course you want to believe that your sinful flesh has become holy flesh because of Jesus, of which would be heresy!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you dont believe a fetus has life ?
It has not been born...it does have life.

If you relate this to being born again, one can have life before they are born again. They are born again by faith. They are not born again apart from faith. Faith is the catalyst for making one born again.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rom. 7:18 For I know that in me, that is, in my flesh, dwelleth no good thing:
The words are very obvious that there is nothing good in our flesh at all, whether with Jesus, or without Jesus.
Unless of course you want to believe that your sinful flesh has become holy flesh because of Jesus, of which would be heresy!

Exactly! Ever since Adam's sin, all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. That is why Jesus came - to correct the issue of SIN. First, by changing our nature which is also called "the flesh," but has nothing to do with our body of flesh. Don't you really know the difference? What do you think is meant by being born again of the Spirit?

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It has not been born...it does have life.

If you relate this to being born again, one can have life before they are born again. They are born again by faith. They are not born again apart from faith. Faith is the catalyst for making one born again.

Tell him what part of us is born again. He's confused and thinks it is our body.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See 1 John 3:5, Ephesians 5:30-32 (kjv); Romans 8:23, Galatians 4:5-7; 1 Thessalonians 5:23, Hebrews 9:13-14.

What do these have in common? That the flesh is sanctified in the one who has received their "second benefit" (2 Corinthians 1:15).

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am uncertain of how to answer...please tell us your answer.

Nature.

We are born with a sin nature because of Adam's sin. So we inherited a sin nature consisting of a corrupted mind and soul. When we are born again our nature is born again so we can partake of the divine nature of God. 2 Peter 1:2-4. Sins of the flesh in Galatians 5:19-21 are from this part of us. But there is another flesh called our body. Just like our nature had to die to become born again, our body must someday die and be resurrected and we will have new bodies. Our body doesn't sin, unless it is directed from our mind/nature to do so. Some denominations cannot get past the flesh being our body and believe we will always sin as long as we have these bodies. They are clueless as to nature.