Does Anyone Here Believe in The Trinity?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are many here that believe God is manifest in 3 distinct persons, yet one in essence.
The other forum I'm on is full of atheists and evolutionists so other people who believe in God is a plus

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The other forum I'm on is full of atheists and evolutionists so other people who believe in God is a plus

Sounds like a forum I was on some time back, City Data forums.

You have described them perfectly.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Very true....at least you do not have to defend your belief in God, because to those here it is a given.....but who God is, is an important issue because the Bible is very clear about who Yahweh is....who Jesus is....and where the holy spirit fits into the doing of God's will and purpose.

It is not only Jehovah's Witnesses who reject the trinity. Many who have investigated the scriptures for themselves instead of swallowing an ancient adoption by an apostate church in the early centuries, can see clearly that there is no trinity in the Bible.
If the Bible does not clearly state that Jesus is Almighty God (and it doesn't)...and Jesus never once said he was, where does this idea come from? It does not come from the Bible, but has been grafted over existing ambiguous verses to make it look like it does.

I believe that it is a salvation issue because if we are found worshipping one who is not God, but have put, not one but two other gods in his place we have breached the first Commandment. (Exodus 20:3)
Christendom has "God the Father"..."God the Son"...and "God the Holy Spirit"....that is three gods.

The Jews did not believe that their God was three, but one. (Deuteronomy 6:4)
Jesus was Jewish and used the Hebrew scriptures to teach his disciples, so he would not have taught about his Father in a way that denigrated him or that elevated himself that way.

Jesus called his Father "the only true God" without including himself. (John 17:3)

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm new here and was just in a couple of discussions concerning the deity of Christ and The Trinity and I seemed to be outnumbered by those who deny that Jesus is God or deny belief in The Trinity. I just wondered if these are the beliefs of most of the people here. I didn't find anything in the Welcome about a statement of faith or anything. The other forum I'm on requires belief in The Nicene Creed to claim you are a Christian but I didn't see anything similar here. Maybe I missed something? Thanks

I don't understand the Trinity and many others don't accept it but we still consider ourselves to be Christians

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very true....at least you do not have to defend your belief in God, because to those here it is a given.....but who God is, is an important issue because the Bible is very clear about who Yahweh is....who Jesus is....and where the holy spirit fits into the doing of God's will and purpose.

It is not only Jehovah's Witnesses who reject the trinity. Many who have investigated the scriptures for themselves instead of swallowing an ancient adoption by an apostate church in the early centuries, can see clearly that there is no trinity in the Bible.
If the Bible does not clearly state that Jesus is Almighty God (and it doesn't)...and Jesus never once said he was, where does this idea come from? It does not come from the Bible, but has been grafted over existing ambiguous verses to make it look like it does.

I believe that it is a salvation issue because if we are found worshipping one who is not God, but have put, not one but two other gods in his place we have breached the first Commandment. (Exodus 20:3)
Christendom has "God the Father"..."God the Son"...and "God the Holy Spirit"....that is three gods.

Jesus was Jewish and used the Hebrew scriptures to teach his disciples, so he would not have taught about his Father in a way that denigrated him or that elevated himself that way.

Jesus called his Father "the only true God" without including himself. (John 17:3)
It would be a salvation issue if someone doesn't believe Jesus is the way the truth, the only way to the Father, God.

Reactions: RLT63

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No I just wanted to make sure I wasn't on a JW forum or something like that.
You could be excused for arriving at that conclusion! There are a lot of anti-Trinitarians here, but they have to face the consequences. The Bible is crystal clear that there is a triune Godhead, consisting of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. If Jesus is God (which He is indeed) then that is already TWO divine persons. And since Jesus said that the Holy Spirit is God, then that makes THREE divine persons. One does not necessarily need to explain this to anyone. You either believe it or you don't. If one does not believe that Jesus is God he cannot be saved. That is what Christ said.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It would be a salvation issue if someone doesn't believe Jesus is the way the truth, the only way to the Father, God.
It would definitely be a salvation issue if you did not firstly say that Jesus -- who is God -- is also the Way, the Truth, and the Life. He Himself said that He is the Resurrection and the Life. He also said that "Before Abraham was I AM".

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Revelation 1:17 and 18 is very clear.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I'm new here and was just in a couple of discussions concerning the deity of Christ and The Trinity and I seemed to be outnumbered by those who deny that Jesus is God or deny belief in The Trinity. I just wondered if these are the beliefs of most of the people here. I didn't find anything in the Welcome about a statement of faith or anything. The other forum I'm on requires belief in The Nicene Creed to claim you are a Christian but I didn't see anything similar here. Maybe I missed something? Thanks
@RLT63 Father, Son and Holy Spirit are deeply present in Scripture..............................

End of Matthew 28; John's Gospel (throughout) and John's First Epistle; Romans 8; etc.

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It would definitely be a salvation issue if you did not firstly say that Jesus -- who is God -- is also the Way, the Truth, and the Life. He Himself said that He is the Resurrection and the Life. He also said that "Before Abraham was I AM".

There's afew verses on the I AM and I don't think there is more than One.

Exodus 3:14
And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

Isaiah 43:13
Yea, before the day was I am he; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand: I will work, and who shall let it?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

Yea, before the day was I am he; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand: I will work, and who shall let it?
From gotquestions dot org

"Jesus used the same phrase “I AM” in seven declarations about Himself. In all seven, He combines I AM with tremendous metaphors which express His saving relationship toward the world. All appear in the book of John. They are I AM the Bread of Life (John 6:35, 41, 48, 51); I AM the Light of the World (John 8:12); I AM the Door of the Sheep (John 10:7, 9); I AM the Good Shepherd (John 10:11,14); I AM the Resurrection and the Life (John 11:25); I AM the Way, the Truth and the Life (John 14:6); and I AM the True Vine (John 15:1, 5)."

Reactions: BeyondET

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jesus said Before Abraham was I Am and the Pharisees picked up rocks to stone him because they understood that he was claiming to be God

Reactions: BeyondET

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"Jesus used the same phrase “I AM” in seven declarations about Himself. In all seven, He combines I AM with tremendous metaphors which express His saving relationship toward the world. All appear in the book of John. They are I AM the Bread of Life (John 6:35, 41, 48, 51); I AM the Light of the World (John 8:12); I AM the Door of the Sheep (John 10:7, 9); I AM the Good Shepherd (John 10:11,14); I AM the Resurrection and the Life (John 11:25); I AM the Way, the Truth and the Life (John 14:6); and I AM the True Vine (John 15:1, 5)."
John 8:58 -59

Reactions: farouk

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yea and God said there is no other Savior but Him.

Isaiah 43:11
I, yes I, am the LORD, and there is no Savior but Me.

Reactions: farouk
Status
Not open for further replies.