Does Anyone Here Believe in The Trinity?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm new here and was just in a couple of discussions concerning the deity of Christ and The Trinity and I seemed to be outnumbered by those who deny that Jesus is God or deny belief in The Trinity. I just wondered if these are the beliefs of most of the people here. I didn't find anything in the Welcome about a statement of faith or anything. The other forum I'm on requires belief in The Nicene Creed to claim you are a Christian but I didn't see anything similar here. Maybe I missed something? Thanks

Reactions: dev553344

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This forum acknowledges anyone who claims to be a Christian as a Christian. No need to subscribe to a Creed.

Majority of the folks here are Trinitarians, there’s just been an obsession over that argument topic lately.

I myself am not a Trinitarian, thought I do believe that the Father, Son, and Spirit are three different divine persons in one God. I just don’t accept homoesis.

if you’re look for a forum that does require beleif in the Creeds, there are many of them like Christian forums. Go somewhere you like!

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First, I am not aTrinitarian, but I do accept the fact the Jesus was God in flesh, and still is God. I simply reject the notion that God is threeseparate persons, but one person. But not really, he's three. But still one. But not really, but he is.

As for this forum... in its earlier days it was against the rules to deny the trinity, not that anyone followed the rules. I respect rules, so I didn't bash the Trinitytheory as much as I wanted.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm new here and was just in a couple of discussions concerning the deity of Christ and The Trinity and I seemed to be outnumbered by those who deny that Jesus is God or deny belief in The Trinity. I just wondered if these are the beliefs of most of the people here. I didn't find anything in the Welcome about a statement of faith or anything. The other forum I'm on requires belief in The Nicene Creed to claim you are a Christian but I didn't see anything similar here. Maybe I missed something? Thanks
It's a mixed bag for sure.

It is good and right to believe in the scriptures of the current Bible, as it is the providence of God and not of men. Many will argue from all sorts of different angles. Nonetheless, it is God who decides what goes out to each generation.

Personally, in a word, I would say, Yes, I believe in the Trinity. However, it is also clear that the scriptures are written to children of slow learning...that is, His thoughts (and the actual truth) is higher by far, and we are His children.

What I gather, is that God was and is One from the beginning, but then in the fullness of time He foretold, sent, and introduced His Son, and likewise, in the fullness of time, Jesus (according to the scriptures) fulfilled what was written and foretold of God pouring out His spirit upon all flesh, at which time the Son then sent, and introduced the Holy Spirit...which makes up the Trinity. That is the core of what God has given as the make up of God, each by Name. And yet it is also true that God has even many more Names. The point being that Three is not against the scriptures, and yet as words to children, I should think it wise to wait to hear the end of it with maturity...in the fullness of time.​

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a mixed bag for sure.

It is good and right to believe in the scriptures of the current Bible, as it is the providence of God and not of men. Many will argue from all sorts of different angles. Nonetheless, it is God who decides what goes out to each generation.

Personally, in a word, I would say, Yes, I believe in the Trinity. However, it is also clear that the scriptures are written to children of slow learning...that is, His thoughts (and the actual truth) is higher by far, and we are His children.

What I gather, is that God was and is One from the beginning, but then in the fullness of time He foretold, sent, and introduced His Son, and likewise, in the fullness of time, Jesus (according to the scriptures) fulfilled what was written and foretold of God pouring out His spirit upon all flesh, at which time the Son then sent, and introduced the Holy Spirit...which makes up the Trinity. That is the core of what God has given as the make up of God, each by Name. And yet it is also true that God has even many more Names. The point being that Three is not against the scriptures, and yet as words to children, I should think it wise to wait to hear the end of it with maturity...in the fullness of time.​
Informative. Thanks for your post

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This forum acknowledges anyone who claims to be a Christian as a Christian. No need to subscribe to a Creed.

Majority of the folks here are Trinitarians, there’s just been an obsession over that argument topic lately.

I myself am not a Trinitarian, thought I do believe that the Father, Son, and Spirit are three different divine persons in one God. I just don’t accept homoesis.

if you’re look for a forum that does require beleif in the Creeds, there are many of them like Christian forums. Go somewhere you like!
No I just wanted to make sure I wasn't on a JW forum or something like that. I'm not looking for everyone to agree with me. I don't see anything wrong with your view I was just trying to get some information

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First, I am not aTrinitarian, but I do accept the fact the Jesus was God in flesh, and still is God. I simply reject the notion that God is threeseparate persons, but one person. But not really, he's three. But still one. But not really, but he is.

As for this forum... in its earlier days it was against the rules to deny the trinity, not that anyone followed the rules. I respect rules, so I didn't bash the Trinitytheory as much as I wanted.
Thanks for the information

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

Welcome to the forums.

Do you think it’s a salvation issue?

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How about the billionity how many people have the spirit dwelling with them at once?

3 seems minuscule

Reactions: Lambano

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welcome to the forums.

Do you think it’s a salvation issue?
I just was beginning to think this was a JW forum from the discussions I was in. I don't expect everyone to agree with me

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I just was beginning to think this was a JW forum from the discussions I was in. I don't expect everyone to agree with me

Even the trinitarians don’t always agree with themselves about the Trinity.

Does it matter? Do you think it’s a salvation issue?

Reactions: Mr E

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even the trinitarians don’t always agree with themselves about the Trinity.

Does it matter? Do you think it’s a salvation issue?
Just trying to find out what kind of forum I'm on. Not looking to argue with you

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not sure what you mean. The Holy Spirit is present in all believers. He is omnipresent
Yes all three are one and can be in many places at once.

John 14:23
Jesus replied, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word. My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.

Reactions: RLT63

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m not a Jehovah’s Witness or involved in any other Christian sect.

But the trinity is not taught in the Holy Bible.

If it were such an important component of salvation God would have said that Jesus was God. Period.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Just trying to find out what kind of forum I'm on. Not looking to argue with you

No problem. I was just sounding you out on a general question I have.

I’m just off another forum where the majority of the trinitarians said that it isn’t a salvation issue.

It hasn’t always been like that. Interesting phenomenon.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If it were such an important component of salvation God would have said that Jesus was God. Period.
Revelation 1:17 and 18

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Not sure I've heard anyone mentioning it being a important component of Salvation, it's not a important component imo.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No problem. I was just sounding you out on a general question I have.

I’m just off another forum where the majority of the trinitarians said that it isn’t a salvation issue.

It hasn’t always been like that. Interesting phenomenon.
I'm not going to judge someone's salvation

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.