Does anyone here have Chronic Fatigue?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know if I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, but I have these days where I'm doing great and get tons done in a day and then the next day it's like I can't physically do anything. It's been this annoying cycle for a long time. Then I get very upset with myself because I can't keep up like every other adult does with things that I should be able to do.

A while back I actually had to work myself up from sitting senior's workouts. I'm 33.

I already take supplements for my anemia. I have started having breakfast in the morning, so I'm fine there. I don't drink coffee daily. (Gives me heart palpitations.) I'm drinking a lot of water. I'm eating pretty well. I was exercising but I couldn't push forward.

Still can't get up.

I watched a lecture last night about "pacing" and avoiding doing large bursts of things on a good day and exasperating yourself to where you can't do anything at all for a couple of days and that is exactly what I do. So I made a plan for that.

It's probably unlikely that anyone here that has this, but I have things to do so if anyone DOES have any tips, I am all ears but I am also on a really tight budget.

Reactions: jshiii and TLHKAJ

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know if I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, but I have these days where I'm doing great and get tons done in a day and then the next day it's like I can't physically do anything. It's been this annoying cycle for a long time. Then I get very upset with myself because I can't keep up like every other adult does with things that I should be able to do.

A while back I actually had to work myself up from sitting senior's workouts. I'm 33.

I already take supplements for my anemia. I have started having breakfast in the morning, so I'm fine there. I don't drink coffee daily. (Gives me heart palpitations.) I'm drinking a lot of water. I'm eating pretty well. I was exercising but I couldn't push forward.

Still can't get up.

I watched a lecture last night about "pacing" and avoiding doing large bursts of things on a good day and exasperating yourself to where you can't do anything at all for a couple of days and that is exactly what I do. So I made a plan for that.

It's probably unlikely that anyone here that has this, but I have things to do so if anyone DOES have any tips, I am all ears but I am also on a really tight budget.

You sound like me but you're young and I'm not. Do you think you might need a vitamin supplement? Or could you be suffering from some kind of depression? I think what I would say is to not go mad on your good days and just pace yourself and take plenty of rest periods. The other thing I was going to say was dehydration but you've covered that. And do you have children? They can take a lot out of you. And I think you mentioned that you wanted to put on a bit of weight. I'll pray for you Fluffy.

Reactions: Nancy

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You sound like me but you're young and I'm not. Do you think you might need a vitamin supplement? Or could you be suffering from some kind of depression? I think what I would say is to not go mad on your good days and just pace yourself and take plenty of rest periods. The other thing I was going to say was dehydration but you've covered that. And do you have children? They can take a lot out of you. And I think you mentioned that you wanted to put on a bit of weight. I'll pray for you Fluffy.
Hi Pearl,
I take supplements every day for B-12 deficiency anemia. I do have depression but I've had the same thing for years- even when I didn't have it. It just seems to be getting worse. I think you're right, I need to pace myself. I have a chart right now to calculate my good days and bad days and to make sure I'm not overexerting myself.

I have kids and I'm homeschooling, but I think they're the easy part for me. lol

Thank you for your prayers. I appreciate them. :)

Reactions: Nancy and TLHKAJ

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Pearl,
I take supplements every day for B-12 deficiency anemia. I do have depression but I've had the same thing for years- even when I didn't have it. It just seems to be getting worse. I think you're right, I need to pace myself. I have a chart right now to calculate my good days and bad days and to make sure I'm not overexerting myself.

I have kids and I'm homeschooling, but I think they're the easy part for me. lol

Thank you for your prayers. I appreciate them. :)
I have bouts of fatigue. Hits me out of blue sometimes! I few weeks ago, I was fine on a Saturday morning, and my wife and I took about a 1.5 mile walk. And when I walked back in the front door, it hit me, and I wasn't able to do much else the rest of the day. Normally it's more manageable than that. Pacing myself seems to be the only thing I can really do. And make sure I'm eating right.

Much love!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@FluffyYellowDuck I have been dealing with very similar symptoms for a few years, but the severe fatigue where it seems the bottom just suddenly falls out...since my late 20's. I also can't have coffee or any significant amount of chocolate or my heart rate will be up around 120 for hours or more.

I take a lot of supplements...Vitamin D3+k2, Cal/Mag/Potassium, liposomal vitamin c, liposomal glutathione, B Vitamins, adrenal fatigue support, natural anti-inflammatories (turmeric, boswellia, moringa), berberine, probiotics ...electrolytes make a big difference.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks guys! I am doing okay and just resting right now. Sorry for the slow reply today. I had some stuff to get done, then got sick really quickly, and having a hard time getting around. Might have been pushing myself too hard. Not sure.

@FluffyYellowDuck I have been dealing with very similar symptoms for a few years, but the severe fatigue where it seems the bottom just suddenly falls out...since my late 20's. I also can't have coffee or any significant amount of chocolate or my heart rate will be up around 120 for hours or more.

I take a lot of supplements...Vitamin D3+k2, Cal/Mag/Potassium, liposomal vitamin c, liposomal glutathione, B Vitamins, adrenal fatigue support, natural anti-inflammatories (turmeric, boswellia, moringa), berberine, probiotics ...electrolytes make a big difference.

I hope you get better, TLHKAJ! It started in my 20s too. I also have to avoid coffee. Once in a while I might have one, but not often. Do you have a food allergy? Soy was bringing my heart rate up to 114 at one point.

You brought up electrolytes and that reminded me of having Gatorade (or something) would be good to have around for sipping on for glucose. People with ADHD tend to have a reduced glucose metabolism and too low glucose can impair executive functioning and also lead to burnout.

The best I ever felt was on Ashwagandha, but only the Healthy Happy Hippie brand, probably because it includes black pepper for absorption. The other brands I tried didn't work well. At least then, I felt pretty much entirely normal and calm all of the time and got things done, and helps with social anxiety so much I could talk to a complete stranger outside for a half an hour and not realize it, but at $16 bucks a month I can't do it on top of everything else. One supplement and another and the cost just piles up.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
how's it going with the smoking?
Oops! I forgot to respond. Sorry!

I am working on it. I have cut back at least and will continue to cut back. I did that last time and that was how I quit! It was the stupid move of forcing myself to start again after 6 days. I know smoking affects my energy, too.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Oops! I forgot to respond. Sorry!

I am working on it. I have cut back at least and will continue to cut back. I did that last time and that was how I quit! It was the stupid move of forcing myself to start again after 6 days. I know smoking affects my energy, too.
The intake of oxygen through breathing is an exercise that takes seconds. Oxygen is the critical factor for energy. Reduce oxygen intake through smoking and energy levels decline....that coupled with toxins present in cigarette smoke does you no favours.

Knock that baby on the head pronto Duckie.....and if you want quicker results than just quitting, work your lungs, ie expel old and stale air from the bottom of your lungs forcefully so that each new breath is clean air.....push yourself so that the full potential of that organ is realised. .....it will do wonders for your fatigue.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks guys! I am doing okay and just resting right now. Sorry for the slow reply today. I had some stuff to get done, then got sick really quickly, and having a hard time getting around. Might have been pushing myself too hard. Not sure.

I hope you get better, TLHKAJ! It started in my 20s too. I also have to avoid coffee. Once in a while I might have one, but not often. Do you have a food allergy? Soy was bringing my heart rate up to 114 at one point.

You brought up electrolytes and that reminded me of having Gatorade (or something) would be good to have around for sipping on for glucose. People with ADHD tend to have a reduced glucose metabolism and too low glucose can impair executive functioning and also lead to burnout.

The best I ever felt was on Ashwagandha, but only the Healthy Happy Hippie brand, probably because it includes black pepper for absorption. The other brands I tried didn't work well. At least then, I felt pretty much entirely normal and calm all of the time and got things done, and helps with social anxiety so much I could talk to a complete stranger outside for a half an hour and not realize it, but at $16 bucks a month I can't do it on top of everything else. One supplement and another and the cost just piles up.
Yes, the cost does pile up. I was going to mention ashwagandha and forgot. It is a key ingredient in the adrenal fatigue formula I use.

Praying for healing... I know God is able. I believe He is up to something deeper than even the surface pain ....

Reactions: Nancy

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Still can't get up.

It could be a metabolic syndrome. If none of the things you are doing, which I agree I would do the same things, are helping I recommend a full lab workup....especially your thyroid function, if low, can causes some of these symptoms. Low cortisol could to. Inquire with your Health care provider ;) Let me know. God Bless You!

Reactions: DuckieLady

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It could be a metabolic syndrome. If none of the things you are doing, which I agree I would do the same things, are helping I recommend a full lab workup....especially your thyroid function, if low, can causes some of these symptoms. Low cortisol could to. Inquire with your Health care provider ;) Let me know. God Bless You!

I should really respond to this. I apologize, everyone. I am fine. I forgot that I have PMDD.

I use progesterone cream for it, or Evening Primrose Oil, and both (especially the cream) are a huge lifesaver, but this time I was so busy that I just didn't remember to take anything unless my kid was getting on me about it. (So maybe a couple of times he reminded me to take the cream at least. Not enough.)

I will be good for two weeks and then the other two weeks start coming along and I completely forget that I have this, start panicking because I think something is wrong with me and I don't know how to deal with it, and then I feel ridiculous when I realize why the last two weeks are such a blur/why I couldn't get out of bed for at least a week, or why everything around me is crumbling, getting on myself for being ridiculously lazy, and then one morning I wake up and I go, "Oh, right, I have PMDD. That's cool." and everything is refreshed and new again.

I need a post it note that says "Hi myself, I have PMDD."