does Christ know how many mansions to build?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
of course; quite easily

He knows you and me:

I, the LORD, search the heart, I test the mind
(Jeremiah 17:10)

There is no creature hidden from His sight,
but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.

(Hebrews 4:13)​

you are evil, and i am evil:

There is no one righteous, not even one
(Romans 3:10)​

No one is good, but God alone
(Mark 10:18)​

Q.E.D.
You caught that before I deleted it. God created evil so he must understand it.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, Jesus knows how many are His.

John 10:14
[14]I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

2 Timothy 2:19
[19]Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
does God know how many rooms to prepare? does He build a random number and hope it's enough? will there be too many? too few? when does He know? is there ever a time when God doesn't know?
What is the point of these POINTLESS questions? Of course God and Christ know precisely and exactly how many mansions there will be in the New Jerusalem. So for whom are these pointless questions? Or are you simply trying to stir the pot and make a witch's brew out of nothing?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Where does it say there are empty houses in heaven?
There's a huge difference between houses and mansions. And the verse you are looking for is in John 14:2: In my Father's house [Heaven] are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think the word “abode” comes in mind too.
"Abode" is correct. "A body" is incorrect. And an abode can be anything from a hovel to a mansion. In the context of Heaven, mansion is appropriate, and those mansions will be far beyond any which are found on earth. Imagine a mansion built out of gold and precious stones, not bricks and mortar.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not according to scripture:

Isaiah 45:7

King James Version

7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

God did not create evil, but He does allow evil. If God had not allowed for the possibility of evil, both mankind and angels would be serving God out of obligation, not choice. God is incapable of having anything to do with evil.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God did not create evil, but He does allow evil. If God had not allowed for the possibility of evil, both mankind and angels would be serving God out of obligation, not choice. God is incapable of having anything to do with evil.
That is not what I believe. We will disagree then.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not what I believe. We will disagree then.

so you believe that God created evil…so why is He concerned about sin? Why did He send His Son to earth to die a terrible death for something He created?? In Genesis, when He created everything, it was all good.

i think a better question would be, on judgement day, when you’re facing Him for judgement, are you going to tell Him yes, i blame you for all the evil?

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the point of these POINTLESS questions? Of course God and Christ know precisely and exactly how many mansions there will be in the New Jerusalem. So for whom are these pointless questions? Or are you simply trying to stir the pot and make a witch's brew out of nothing?

i gave you this clear opportunity to glorify Him

=]

you're welcome

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not according to scripture:

King James Version

7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.
Yes, God made or created it all!

He made everything "very good" in the beginning...

"And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day." Gen 1:31

God as part of His plan, left a loophole for evil to come in by allowing men to disobey Him. This was the beginning of evil for men.

Adam and Eve went through the loophole!

And so it was, but then also as part of His plan God sent His Son to provide Life for all of us, who were dead:

"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." John 10:10

Reactions: dev553344

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
according to scripture:

King James Version

this must be put together & understood with:

This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you,
that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all

(1 John 1:5)​

if you do not believe God is good, you cannot possibly understand scripture.

the word in Isaiah 45:7 that kjv puts as 'evil' alternately means 'disaster' or 'calamity' or 'harm' or 'injury' or 'distress'
kjv is not always correct.

look at the passage. read the whole chapter. what is He saying to Cyrus?
He gives two pairs of directly opposite things: light and darkness, peace and ______

what is the opposite of peace? evil?
Christ came not to bring peace but _____ ((the opposite of peace)) -- Matthew 10:34
did Christ come to bring evil? are we calling Jesus evil now, because He brought the opposite of peace?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so you believe that God created evil…so why is He concerned about sin? Why did He send His Son to earth to die a terrible death for something He created?? In Genesis, when He created everything, it was all good.

i think a better question would be, on judgement day, when you’re facing Him for judgement, are you going to tell Him yes, i blame you for all the evil?
Let's not assume what each others beliefs are. You took it way too far on the judgment day stuff. The bible is clear in the statement that the Lord created evil. You appear to be trying to dispute the bible not me.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

the word in Isaiah 45:7 that kjv puts as 'evil' alternately means 'disaster' or 'calamity' or 'harm' or 'injury' or 'distress'

He gives two pairs of directly opposite things: light and darkness, peace and ______

Christ came not to bring peace but _____ ((the opposite of peace)) -- Matthew 10:34
did Christ come to bring evil? are we calling Jesus evil now, because He brought the opposite of peace?
See post 54

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I don't think God is evil which should be clear from my attempt to say he knows not evil. But clearly the bible spells out he created evil. Also let's point out who God is and what he does:

Deuteronomy 32:39-41

King James Version

39 See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.

40 For I lift up my hand to heaven, and say, I live for ever.

41 If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me.

Reactions: amadeus

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
wow

ok here's just a couple:

Matthew 6:15
Matthew 7:13
Matthew 7:14
Matthew 7:23
Matthew 8:12
Matthew 12:32
Matthew 13:30
Matthew 13:42
Matthew 18:35
Matthew 20:16
Matthew 22:13
Matthew 22:14
Matthew 25:30
Matthew 25:33
Matthew 25:41
Mark 11:26
Mark 16:16
Luke 12:10
Luke 13:25
Luke 13:27
Luke 13:28
Luke 19:22
John 1:5
John 1:10
John 1:11
John 3:18
John 3:19
John 8:44
John 10:26
John 14:6
John 17:9
1 Corinthians 11:32
2 Thessalonians 3:12
Titus 3:11
2 Peter 2:6
Revelation 20:15

have you ever read any of those?
I checked the first verse you displayed - it does not relate to the subject at hand, does it?

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's a huge difference between houses and mansions. And the verse you are looking for is in John 14:2: In my Father's house [Heaven] are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
No, I wasn't looking at any verse.

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think God is evil which should be clear from my attempt to say he knows not evil. But clearly the bible spells out he created evil. Also let's point out who God is and what he does:

Deuteronomy 32:39-41

King James Version

39 See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.

40 For I lift up my hand to heaven, and say, I live for ever.

41 If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me.

when God kills, wounds, takes vengance and judges -- that is not evil.

judgement and vengeance belong to Him. it is good when He judges.
this informs you what the correct understanding of Isaiah 45:7 is. He creates peace, and the opposite of peace.
the opposite of peace isn't 'evil' it's distress.

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I checked the first verse you displayed - it does not relate to the subject at hand, does it?

they all relate to whether unitarian universalism is true or not.
you have been giving the impression that you believe it is true - that is the subject at hand.