does Christ know how many mansions to build?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the scripture tells us exactly why people, in fact the majority of people, choose & receive damnation:

And this is the condemnation,
that The Light has come into the world,
and men loved darkness rather than light,
because their deeds were evil.

(John 3:19)
Well, gee. I wasted all that time reposting what you posted, lol.

Reactions: post

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hmm

((consults inspired text))

Thayer's Greek Lexicon
STRONGS NT 3438: μόνη

μόνη, μόνης, ἡ (μένω) (from Herodotus down), a staying, abiding, dwelling, abode: John 14:2;
μόνην ποιεῖν (L T Tr WH ποιεῖσθαι, as in Thucydides 1, 131; Josephus, Antiquities 8, 13, 7; 13, 2, 1), to make an (one's) abode,
παρά τίνι metaphorically, of God and Christ by their power and spirit exerting a most blessed influence on the souls of believers, John 14:23; see ποιῶ, 1 c.

ain't seeing "offices" anywhere here, m8.
"and has made us kings and priests to His God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen." - Rev. 1:6

"And have made us kings and priests to our God; and we shall reign on the earth.” - Rev. 5:10

"But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light" - 1 Pet. 2:9

You don't see it because you're looking in the wrong place.

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"and has made us kings and priests to His God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen." - Rev. 1:6

"And have made us kings and priests to our God; and we shall reign on the earth.” - Rev. 5:10

"But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light" - 1 Pet. 2:9

You don't see it because you're looking in the wrong place.

um, you said 'consult the text' and then said that a word should be translated as a completely different word.
so i looked at the original language and the word in question has never meant what you said it should be.

then you put some other verses that don't even have that word in it.

the point is that you wanted to change what the text actually says, and you don't have any rational basis for doing so.

what you are doing isn't showing that Christ's words are mistranslated.
what you are doing is arguing that Christ said the wrong words.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
the point is that you wanted to change what the text actually says, and you don't have any rational basis for doing so.
Yet he claims that he goes STRICTLY by Scripture, but no one else does!

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok, then let me remind you again:

and as i earlier wrote to you, i'll write again also -- that the scripture tells us exactly why people, in fact the majority of people, choose & receive damnation:

And this is the condemnation,
that The Light has come into the world,
and men loved darkness rather than light,
because their deeds were evil.

(John 3:19)​
We've all chosen darkness at some point in our lives.