Does God Create Evil or Not?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Religion should be based on repeated experience as well, but more than often, it is rooted in what we think we know is true - we just keep eating the fruit and marking our territory with our opinions.
that is the very def of Religion, imo; i drink a cup of coffee every morning, religiously

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
I don't find it as "badly translated".

I Never mentioned sin.

I'll stick with Evil is adversity to Good.

Disagree, on that narrow view.

The Purpose for "calamity", "hardships", difficult times for ANY individual....IS ABOUT Testing....NOT punishment for Sin.

God intervenes in mens Lives...

Unbelievers, that they may experience despair and Turn to Him...

Believers, that they may experience despair and Trust to Commit to Him...

Born Again Believers, that they may experience despair and Discover the depth of their OWN Faith and Standing WITH God.

If that were soley true, it would make some Scriptures False.

What DID Job do, to have to experience "calamity"?
What DID Jesus do, to have to experience
"Calamity"?

The world is in Chaos. Men WILL experience the hardships, chaos, calamity, adversities toward God...
Men who do not believe, men who believe but are not yet saved, and men who are Saved and Born Again.....and it is WHO they turn TO, that IS their OWN Test for their OWN benefit to recognize WHO they Turn to.

IOW - men are not tested for Gods benefit...
The child, the student, the man is always tested for His own benefit to recognize his OWN standing....
Standing WITH God.
Standing still debating, sort of WITH God.
Standing WITHOUT God.

Sin and Evil are concepts of what is Adverse TO God, who is Holy and Pure.

Yes, inasmuch as God has made that which IS called Holy, Pure, Good, With....God.

God has also made that which IS called Evil, Wicked, Sin, unholy, Corrupt, Without...God.

One without the Other, eliminates the option of FREEWILL Choice.

Every created angel and every created man have Freewill to Choose....

And God had made available WHAT a man CAN choose....
WITH Him...which equals, good and holy.
OR
Without Him...which equals, corrupt and evil.

How could individuals turn to SOMETHING, that God did not create?

Again, you leave out of the equation...
Men who do not believe.
Men who are saved and born again.

Don't "they" also experience "calamity"?
Of course they do.

[QUOTEIf you are a child of God,

I am a son of God. My sins are all forgiven.
There is no faultering, getting out of line...
Precisely Because a "son of God" has chosen to submit himself "TO" the Lords INDWELLING Spirit, who DOES the KEEPING of the man;
Forever acceptable unto the Lord. :)

Such a man...Naturally born;

Has the natural trees to eat from to fill his natural stomach, for as long as his natural life continues.
Has experienced the Tree of the KNOWLEDGE of Good and Evil;

Such a man....Converted from Natural birth, to a birth from Gods Seed;
IS now and forever experiencing the Tree of Life;

Gen 2:9
THREE threes.
1) fruit baring trees, ie. good for food
2) tree of good and evil, ie. tree of knowledge
3) tree of Life, ie. forever Life.

Every man experiences the first two trees.
Only a few men shall experience the tree of Life.

God provides the choices.
Mankind wavers, until he makes the choices.
God sustains a mans choice.

God Bless,
Taken[/QUOTE]

What evil did God create ?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Precisely Because a "son of God" has chosen to submit himself "TO" the Lords INDWELLING Spirit, who DOES the KEEPING of the man;

Such a man...Naturally born;

Has the natural trees to eat from to fill his natural stomach, for as long as his natural life continues.
Has experienced the Tree of the KNOWLEDGE of Good and Evil;

Such a man....Converted from Natural birth, to a birth from Gods Seed;
IS now and forever experiencing the Tree of Life;

THREE threes.
1) fruit baring trees, ie. good for food
2) tree of good and evil, ie. tree of knowledge
3) tree of Life, ie. forever Life.

Every man experiences the first two trees.
Only a few men shall experience the tree of Life.

God provides the choices.
Mankind wavers, until he makes the choices.
God sustains a mans choice.

God Bless,
Taken

What evil did God create ?

The KNOWLEDGE of Evil.

And the tree that was planted in the Garden, by God, never having said that tree, came forth out of the earth, but rather was planted by God; is the precise tree; that opened man to having the Knowledge of evil.

And Scripture that informs us; God knows all things; and has the Knowledge of Evil; but yet He is Holy, never having DONE Evil.

So also, man can have the KNOWLEDGE of evil, think evil, do evil; and yet become converted to holy, and still have the knowledge of evil.

God Bless,
Taken

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
If we claim we have no sin, we are only fooling ourselves and not living in the truth.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we claim we have no sin, we are only fooling ourselves and not living in the truth.

Did someone claim they have no sin?

Who would that be making that claim, that you decided to mention that to me?

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
um, to you?
did you get a push for that? Happens sometimes i guess

So your implication is YOU THINK I HAVE CLAIMED to have no sin?

Not ONCE will you see me having made that claim.
Not ONCE will you be able to QUOTE my own words making that claim.

However what you can QUOTE, me as saying is I was naturally born in SIN, committed SIN.

So continue, in your thought process of how you conclude, that is claiming to have no sin, and share that with me.

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no, my implication is that you have not yet realized that i was replying to n2thelight

It seems you have not realized; n2thelight, did not say that; I DID. N2thlight was quoting what I SAID, and then asked me a question.

So, actually while you were addressing n2thelight; you were quoting my words, and attributing me words to n2thelight; whe n2thelight NEVER said those words.

So, since it was MY WORDS, and YOUR COMMENT, what is your implication?

A claim has been made by someone they have no sin?

And who would be the one making that claim?

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok, the software is not telling me this, and i cannot find you saying that, could you quote yourself saying it pls, we'll proceed from there rather than try to get n2 to repair the post, ty

"Did God create evil" <--- op

My comment post #6

N2 replied in his post #22 TO my post #6
In his post he reposted all of my post # 6
And then asked one question.

When his post #22 appeared, it looked as though, everything I had said in post #6 was actually what he was saying, BUT HE WASN'T.

He was simply asking a question in his own post, #22.

Cleared up now?

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: bbyrd009

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...bbyrd009

TO address your point of saying "one who claims to have no sin"....

I have expressly claimed to HAVE SIN...
Naturally born in sin and have committed sin;
Thus CAN NOT BE one to have NO SIN...and
Thus CAN NOT BE SINNLESS.

HOWEVER, I CAN, and AM, one who has BEEN FORGIVEN My Sin.

God is the one who reveals KNOWLEDGE.
And the knowledge revealed IS ANYONE who does NOT heartfully believe IN GOD, is committing a SIN AGAISNT GOD.

Whelp...EVERY man born is born in Sin, including myself.

God ALSO has a "WAY" for a man to become, FORGIVEN of His Sin Against God, and that Forgiveness is given BY GOD.

God ALSO has a "WAY" for a mans SIN to be COVERED, and thereafter, NOT SEEN BY GOD.

The Covering IS Gods Light, which is His Spirit. Which He imparts into a mans BODY of Sin, and Covers the mans SIN.

God No longer sees the mans sins, and thereafter, Remembers the mans sin NO MORE.

Whelp...I pretty much look at it this way...Since God has my sin Covered with His Light, and IS no longer remembering MY SIN, neither is there reason for me to dwell on WHAT WAS my sin. It's forgiven, it's covered.

Thus I turn to WHAT IS. (Rather than what was).

WHAT IS, IS....BECAUSE of Gods conversion within me....And HIS Power within me...I have become FREED FROM SIN.

And what does that mean?
That means, I am Freed from.....the effect of SIN....

The effects of SIN...is to be WITHOUT God.
The FREEING FROM SIN...is to be WITH God.

Then there is the issue of a man WITH SIN, who thus CAN COMMIT SIN, which is the action of SIN-ING.

During a mans Conversion, effected BY THE POWER OF GOD, ALSO address the action of SIN-ING. The converted man, CAN "SIN"...
NO MORE. And precisely FREED from sin.

He is not sinless...He still has sin, that IS forgiven, and Covered.

But going forward FROM NON converted "TO" converted....that man CAN SIN NO MORE...
THAT MAN CAN NEVER AGAIN, NOT believe in God and His Word and His Spirit.
That man can NEVER AGAIN, STAND AGAINST God, in disbelief or Unfaithfulness to God Only.
That man can NEVER again, BE separated FROM GOD.

That Standing with God forever; is provide BY GOD, for ANY man WHO elects to Choose God, and His Way of accepting His Gifts, to be forgiven, converted, and forever Free from Sin, and Sinning.

That was MY Choice, and thus what I accepted from God, and thus Because I Trust He is True and Faithful, I trust to believe, I am forgiven, converted, freed from sin, sin no more, and am forever in standing WITH, thee Lord God Almighty, AND accounted unto Him, as His "adopted" son.

God Bless,
Taken

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the concept is simple:

its not evil that a pedophile be kept out of the world, but it is evil if he isn't kept out of the world, or society if you like. things belong in certain places as in, there is a time and place for everything under the sun.

hence what is evil is what is against or contrary to the Word of God who created everything in its time and in its place. in the case of A&E they placed their trust where is wasn't supposed to be placed. hence according to the Lord lies have no place in the world (meaning the population of men) lies belong in darkness where the liar and friends have been cast to. Jesus being the Light of the world is what belongs in the world.

so the command given Adam in the garden was a covenant an agreement and what is against the agreement to brake the agreement is not good fulfillment according to the agreement is good in God's Judgement. not good when A&E hide, good when God made HIs Judgement that still fulfills the agreement. that man though died from the Life they had before they ate, what permitted to remain in the life of the flesh as animals do, therefore not against the agreement, hence good.

good and evil is simple God makes agreements (covenants) with men like Noah Abraham so on and so forth, and keeps them, even if men can't. but to come into agreement with the Lord God and brake it, not good. because God is the Judge of what is good and evil for His creation and the creatures therein, no exceptions.

so when men think themselves as judging what is good and evil, they are trying to do God's job, not good, as described in Gen: "and ye shall be as God, knowing good and evil." and further on "And the LORD God said: 'Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil;" therefore having no place in God's Presence any more.

hence anything contrary to what God declares as good or Judgement of what is good, is not good therefore evil. so did God create darkness? yes but darkness belongs where is belongs, and it don't belong in the world.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
hmm, i'd say that we don't belong in the world, the world is what is passing away, the world is where the evil comes from, etc.
we are called to leave the world, bc evil is not going to; at least until the world has passed away.
Maybe just a semantics difference, and you mean 'the earth' there?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does? No.
Did God create evil? Yes.

Isa 45:7
I form the light
..and create darkness
I make peace,
..and create evil:
I the LORD do all these things.

What IS EVIL?
It is KNOWLEDGE, adverse to Good knowledge.

And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is good for FOOD:
The tree of life ALSO in the midst of the garden,
AND the tree of KNOWLEGE OF
Good and Evil.

God Bless,
Taken
First of all - Isaiah 45:7 does NOT say that God created moral evil.
In CONTEXT, the Hebrew word used here (ra) speaks of calamity, disaster or adversity.

As for the Tree of the knowledge of Good and evil - it is simplythe KNOWLEDGE of evil that is being spoken of here - not evil itself.

God is NOT the author of evil.

Reactions: Helen

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First of all - Isaiah 45:7 does NOT say that God created moral evil.

AND SO? Never said he did.

In CONTEXT, the Hebrew word used here (ra) speaks of calamity, disaster or adversity.

And? Those are the effects of evil.

As for the Tree of the knowledge of Good and evil - it is simplythe KNOWLEDGE of evil that is being spoken of here - not evil itself.

And? Already addressed that.

God is NOT the author of evil.

And so? Never said He was.

No need to tell me what I didn't say, AS IF I DID, then try to address what I didn't say.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"
  • The Sadducees maintained that God does not commit evil, and although most people will intuitively agree with the Sadducees, the issue is deceptively tricky. Saying that God does not commit evil is the same as stating that there is someone or something else responsible for all the evil in the world. This intuitive bi-polar reality model is pagan (Zoroastrian, to be precise) and also dictates the intuitive truth that darkness is the opposite of light.

• The Bible sports a mono-polar reality model, which insists that God is the doer of all the doings. This is easily explained by noting that darkness is not the opposite of light but the absence of it — light comes from the sun but darkness has no source, and when light enters a dark room, no opposing substance is pushed away or replaced. What may be perceived as evil on a societal level is quite the same as physical pain on an individual level.

• It's essentially an instrument that is required to plot a course towards a pain-free and evil-free human existence. Hence the tree of knowledge of good and evil could exist in the middle of a perfect paradise (Genesis 2:9), the Lord could send an evil spirit to Saul (1 Samuel 16:14) and declare through Isaiah that He is the One and Only, who creates light as well as darkness and good as well as evil (Isaiah 45:7)."
  • The amazing name Sadducees: meaning and etymology

there it is get over it:

Isa 45:5 I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:

Isa 45:6 That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.

Isa 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Isa 45:8 Drop down, ye heavens, from above, and let the skies pour down righteousness: let the earth open, and let them bring forth salvation, and let righteousness spring up together; I the LORD have created it.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Then why?:eek:
What is the reason?
Did He do this just so we would have a choice?
Or did He do this because His glory shines brighter against the backdrop of darkness?