Does God Create Evil or Not?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Then why?:eek:
What is the reason?
Did He do this just so we would have a choice?
Or did He do this because His glory shines brighter against the backdrop of darkness?
"It's essentially an instrument that is required to plot a course towards a pain-free and evil-free human existence."

seems like one valid perspective to operate from, at least

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"
  • The Sadducees maintained that God does not commit evil, and although most people will intuitively agree with the Sadducees, the issue is deceptively tricky. Saying that God does not commit evil is the same as stating that there is someone or something else responsible for all the evil in the world. This intuitive bi-polar reality model is pagan (Zoroastrian, to be precise) and also dictates the intuitive truth that darkness is the opposite of light.

• The Bible sports a mono-polar reality model, which insists that God is the doer of all the doings. This is easily explained by noting that darkness is not the opposite of light but the absence of it — light comes from the sun but darkness has no source, and when light enters a dark room, no opposing substance is pushed away or replaced. What may be perceived as evil on a societal level is quite the same as physical pain on an individual level.

• It's essentially an instrument that is required to plot a course towards a pain-free and evil-free human existence. Hence the tree of knowledge of good and evil could exist in the middle of a perfect paradise (Genesis 2:9), the Lord could send an evil spirit to Saul (1 Samuel 16:14) and declare through Isaiah that He is the One and Only, who creates light as well as darkness and good as well as evil (Isaiah 45:7)."
  • The amazing name Sadducees: meaning and etymology

God created the KNOWLEDGE of EVIL.
That KNOWLEDGE was WIITHIN a TREE.
When man ATE of that TREE;
That man and those AFTER Him (ie all coming from the same seed of man)
Were apprised of the KNOWLEDGE of Evil.

KNOWLEDGE is simply Information.
The Saducees maintaining God does not commit evil....well so should every born again believer have and maintain that thought.

Knowing Evil and Do (ie committing) Evil are two completely different things.

You can KNOW of umpteen EVIL things; however the EVIL act (commission) has none affect on you; Less you use that knowledge TO commit an evil act.

The point of revealing the Knowledge of Evil, is so a man would KNOW what EVIL is.

Once a man KNOWS what is EVIL, and then chooses to commit an EVIL act...that man becomes himself...WICKED, which is to say;

The man KNEW what he KNEW was an EVIL act and did it anyway.

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"It's essentially an instrument that is required to plot a course towards a pain-free and evil-free human existence."

seems like one valid perspective to operate from, at least

Would say...men in a corrupt world, can not become FREE of the Knowledge of EVIL. It's everywhere, and the knowledge of EVIL bombarded toward men in nearly everyone's daily life.

Men CAN however...CAN be FREE from being WICKED, by not participating in or going along with EVIL acts.

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: bbyrd009

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
AND SO? Never said he did.

And? Those are the effects of evil.
And? Already addressed that.
And so? Never said He was.
No need to tell me what I didn't say, AS IF I DID, then try to address what I didn't say.
Why do you feel the need to so dishonest?
Can' you have an honest and intelligent exchange??

YOUR words from Post #3:
"Did God create evil? Yes."

As for for calamity and adversity - these are NOT evil.
An earthquake is not evil any more than not passing a math test.

Bottom Line: God is NOT the author of evil - not matter how much YOU say He is.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you feel the need to so dishonest?
Can' you have an honest and intelligent exchange??

Good grief, your MO is moldy and thorny; excessively implying you foot-soldier for Christ while in nearly every post wielding a forked tongue at the sons of God.

Hope you don't think the obvious goes unnoticed by God.

words from Post #3:
"Did God create evil? Yes."

Uh huh, that's Correct. And so? Scripture says the same. So you're point?

As for for calamity and adversity - these are NOT evil.

:(. You should have learned what stands against God is evil, is His adversaries, is devils, is men With devils, so aptly named
d-EVIL.

An earthquake is not evil any more than not passing a math test.

Your dumb example, not mine.
LOL, God controls the weather. He want to exact an earthquake upon His Earth, so what, It is His.

Bottom Line: God is NOT the author of evil - not matter how much YOU say He is.

Another of your dumb examples.
You are the one who bought up the phrase "author of evil".."not me" ....LOL

And now you are telling me, bottom line, your phrase is NOT TRUE? LOL

No kidding! So what did you bring it up for?

OH RIGHT....so you could be "SO HONEST" (har har), to bring up something FALSE, and then PRETEND it is what I SAID, when I didn't.

I've had more than enough of "YOUR BRAND" of honesty, that is anything but...

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that you are not addressing what came after the part that you snipped from the quote?

Oh okay, got your drift.

I was basically addressing agreement with the Saddusees, with my own expression of words thereafter, which I believe is generally in agreement with your words; so didn't see the need to continue.

God Bless,
Taken

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good grief, your MO is moldy and thorny; excessively implying you foot-soldier for Christ while in nearly every post wielding a forked tongue at the sons of God.

Hope you don't think the obvious goes unnoticed by God.
Uh huh, that's Correct. And so? Scripture says the same. So you're point?

You should have learned what stands against God is evil, is His adversaries, is devils, is men With devils, so aptly named
d-EVIL.
Your dumb example, not mine.
LOL, God controls the weather. He want to exact an earthquake upon His Earth, so what, It is His.
Another of your dumb examples.
You are the one who bought up the phrase "author of evil".."not me" ....LOL

And now you are telling me, bottom line, your phrase is NOT TRUE? LOL

No kidding! So what did you bring it up for?

OH RIGHT....so you could be "SO HONEST" (har har), to bring up something FALSE, and then PRETEND it is what I SAID, when I didn't.

I've had more than enough of "YOUR BRAND" of honesty, that is anything but...
Soooo - you believe that god CREATED evil but is not the AUTHOR of evil??
That is a massive contradiction.

The Creator IS the Author. God is the Author (creator) of Life.
YOU claim that he is the CREATOR of evil but not the Author.

How old are you anyway??

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
oh, i'd say one good reflection is "one that = 6 in their heart, mind, and gut."

I would say similar; more specifically the number of man is 6.

When his body is natural...ie number of man 6 (created the 6th day)

When his soul is not restored/saved...applies to a natural man 6

When his heart/spirit is natural, not quickened/born again...applies to man 6

As a man remains natural; no part of him becomes made Wholly whole, thus he belongs to the Beast whose number is 666.

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Soooo - you believe that god CREATED evil but is not the AUTHOR of evil??
That is a massive contradiction.

The Creator IS the Author. God is the Author (creator) of Life.
YOU claim that he is the CREATOR of evil but not the Author.

How old are you anyway??

Old enough to know how to read and understand.

God is the author of eternal salvation, for particulars. Heb 5:9

God is the author and finisher of our (my) faith. Heb 12:2

Isa 45:7
...I create evil:...I the LORD do

You can provide Scripture for your own rendition of Gods "AUTHORSHIP", claiming what you claim, FOR HIM, as you make claims FOR ME.

And how old were you when you were indoctrinated into such behavior of making false claims for others and attempting to teach your understanding supersedes Gods?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Old enough to know how to read and understand.

God is the author of eternal salvation, for particulars. Heb 5:9
God is the author and finisher of our (my) faith. Heb 12:2

...I create evil:...I the LORD do

You can provide Scripture for your own rendition of Gods "AUTHORSHIP", claiming what you claim, FOR HIM, as you make claims FOR ME.

And how old were you when you were indoctrinated into such behavior of making false claims for others and attempting to teach your understanding supersedes Gods?
And, as I educated you earlier, Isaiah 45:7 isn't talking about moral evil. In fact, it's not speaking of evil at all.
It is speaking of calamity and adversity - not evil.

For you to say that God is the Author (Creator) of evil is outright heresy and is unscriptural.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BreadOfLife, you said;

Isaiah 45 fact
it's not speaking of evil at all.

...to say that God (Creator) of evil is outright heresy and is unscriptural.

YIKES!!! You should get a TRUE teacher.

BOL - you are in contention with the LORD,
and are challenging the LORD, not me.

I form the light, and create darkness:
I make peace and create evil:
I the LORD do all these things.

Isa 45:9
Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker!

Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it,
What makes thou?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No. God does not create evil. The sun doesnt create shadows either.

I was thinking of this thread early this morning.
Obviously we all know the scriptures that seem to show that God 'created' evil.
But did He? Or did He only "reveal" evil?

I am thinking that He put the "tree" of the knowledge of good and evil in the garden..because Satan had already rebelled and fallen...Satan had become evil = the Adversary, the opposition.
Therefore 'The Tree' of
Im sure it was no surprise to God when Eve ate of it, God knows the end from the beginning.
The "tree" was there, because Satan was there...this was no trick by God to trip up Adam and Eve...for Evil now WAS. And something this IS can't be un ISed until the time of the end when it's work is over.

Did Job understand all this? When he spoke to his wife he said:-
“You speak as one of the foolish women speaks. A)"Shall we indeed accept good from God and not accept adversity?” In all this Job did not sin with his lips."
It seems maybe that Job understood the work and the reason of the Adversary and he passed his tests.

It seems to me...Satan became Evil...and God revealed him, and revealed to humankind the work of evil. He allowed our eyes to be open to know, and to choose.

Just my two cents.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was thinking of this thread early this morning.
Obviously we all know the scriptures that seem to show that God 'created' evil.

God Himself said He created EVIL.

But did He? Or did He only "reveal" evil?

Both. He is the creator of all things. He reveals in the Fashion and When it is Pleasing to Him.

I am thinking that He put the "tree" of the knowledge of good and evil in the garden..because Satan had already rebelled and fallen...Satan had become evil = the Adversary, the opposition.

Scripture says God planted a Garden. And in the Garden was a Tree of Knowledge.....
(Good and evil knowledge); that Adam was to NOT EAT OF.

Scripture reveals God revealed What God created pertaining to of the earth and pertaining to mankind....Was VERY GOOD.

IOW the Earth was created VERY GOOD, and what God made to come forth out of the earth, (ie mankind) was VERY GOOD.

Scripture does not say; the Tree of Knowledge was out of the Earth or out of Man...

Scripture simply says the Tree of Knowledge was IN the Garden.

Knowledge of EVIL was in Adams MIDST, and he was TOLD to stay away from it.

He Didn't.

Then we learn thereafter that ALL of mankind has the availability OF WHAT IS the KNOWLEDGE of EVIL....
And nothing changed...men should AVOID, depart from the KNOWLEDGE of EVIL...and those WHO, use the KNOWLEDGE of EVIL, to DO evil and wicked things.

And the Word of God continues....just as it was in the Garden with Adam...before he ate from the tree of Knowledge of Evil...And God teaching Adam what IS GOOD and TRUTHFUL KNOWLEDGE.

Im sure it was no surprise to God when Eve ate of it, God knows the end from the beginning.

Agree. And Ole Satan probably though he had pulled a fast one on God.
Little did Satan KNOW...

Natural men CAN NOT become "MADE" Spiritually WHOLE...."until AFTER they Die".
And God ALREADY had "prepared" a Path, a Way FOR mankind to become "spiritually WHOLE".

The "tree" was there, because Satan was there...

Disagree. The Tree was there, Because God created the Garden and God planted the Garden. And God created man OUTSIDE of the Garden and then PUT man IN the Garden.

When Satan was cast to Earth...nothing says He was forbidden from ANY PLACE on Earth.

Satan may have entered the Garden...or he may have been cast TO the Garden, specifically to ALLOW the LIAR/DECEIVER TO TEMPT "the weak", ie a newly created and made female.

While God FULL WELL KNOWING; God Himself HAS a provision for mankind TO ESCAPE, what Satan thought he has captured and devoured and thus Subject to him and NOT God.

Did Job understand all this? When he spoke to his wife he said:-
“You speak as one of the foolish women speaks. A)"Shall we indeed accept good from God and not accept adversity?” In all this Job did not sin with his lips."

I believe Job understood the Knowledge of Good and Evil exists....but that it is GOOD, which is the KNOWLEDGE that God desires comes out of a mans mouth: NOT evil Knowledge.

It seems to me...Satan became Evil...and God revealed him, and revealed to humankind the work of evil. He allowed our eyes to be open to know, and to choose.

I concur with your assessment.

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bread OFLife, a Catholic, says:
"To say that God (Creator) of evil is outright heresy and is unscriptural."

...aspen, a Catholic says;
"God does not create evil".

LORD GOD, thee Creator says;
I form the light, and create darkness:
I make peace and CREATE EVIL.
I the LORD do all these things.

Somebody has been Taught FALSE
Knowledge.
Somebody is Teaching FALSE
Knowledge.
Somebody should read the Scriptures and Learn HOW the Lord Reacts to people WHO TEACH FALSE KNOWLEDGE in Gods Name.

Matt: 7:23

God Bless,
Taken