Does God Exist Scientifically?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Does God Exist Scientifically?God either exists or He doesn’t. Your opinion of this issue determines your entire worldview. Check out the scientific evidence here and start to examine your opinions and presuppositions about everything! Some say that 21st century science and technology has removed the need for God… You might be surprised by the evidence! check out the link belowhttp://www.allaboutjesuschrist.org/does-go...y-aajc-f4b6.htm

Shingy

Mar 26, 2007
No, science does not support the 'God hypothesis' in anyway, nor does it disprove God one bit. As for the binding of the theory of evolution and God(often called 'theistic evolution), it shows very easily how God and evolution can coexist. However, it is not a scientific conclusion, but rather a synthesis of science and evolution.I don't think there is much scientific evidence for the existence of Gods(perhaps cosmologically), but for now until Christ returrns, it is faith that previals and not science.ps: I have to go to sleep now, but I'll post more thoughts later.

kendal

Mar 12, 2007
We are too complicated to have come about by chance, and there are just too many oddities in our planet, in our body systems, in the perfect working order of galaxies and atoms for it to all have come about by chance.God bless!!

E

epouraniois

this may come as a suprize to you all, but not even atoms exist scientifically, they are only an accepted argument based upon a hypotheses. The reason the electron microscope uses gamma ray technology was to try to shorten the waveform (can't see w/o light) enough to get a wave arch across the smallest possible diameter, but no one has ever seen an atom, they are only theories. They may not exist at all. We don't know. What we do know is that a human hemoglobin molecule is 8 microns in diameter, and we cannot see below the sub micron level. The hypothetical atom only exists in our minds. Perhaps one day we shall see one, but we are not sure, for now they are only a probability.Moral of the story, don't be so sure of yourselves. But if there is something to be sure of, God has revealed Himself in His Word, and therein is found future things being called forth before they occur. And when prophecy is found in fulfillment, the events are never almost fulfilled, but fulfilled exactly, and the odds against this is indeed astronomical. The reason given for this telling of future events is so that we may know that He Is.

Shingy

Mar 26, 2007
That is a really interesting point. I'm going to look up atoms and post what I learned here tomorrow!

Shingy

Mar 26, 2007
(epouraniois;8423)
this may come as a suprize to you all, but not even atoms exist scientifically, they are only an accepted argument based upon a hypotheses. The reason the electron microscope uses gamma ray technology was to try to shorten the waveform (can't see w/o light) enough to get a wave arch across the smallest possible diameter, but no one has ever seen an atom, they are only theories. They may not exist at all. We don't know. What we do know is that a human hemoglobin molecule is 8 microns in diameter, and we cannot see below the sub micron level. The hypothetical atom only exists in our minds. Perhaps one day we shall see one, but we are not sure, for now they are only a probability.Moral of the story, don't be so sure of yourselves. But if there is something to be sure of, God has revealed Himself in His Word, and therein is found future things being called forth before they occur. And when prophecy is found in fulfillment, the events are never almost fulfilled, but fulfilled exactly, and the odds against this is indeed astronomical. The reason given for this telling of future events is so that we may know that He Is.
For now, I did some googling, and I've read a number of articles that claim that atoms have been proven to existed scientifically. The most common experiment utilises alpha particles by shooting them against atoms and seeing them bounce back. X-rays can be taken to measure the size of an atom.

Hylke

Apr 3, 2007
Indeed, in fact the entire science of quantum mechanics is based upon such tests. Furthermore that atoms are a theory means nothing, the entire science is a theory, evolution is a theory, black holes are theories.the·o·ry a coherent group of general propositions used as principles of explanation for a class of phenomena: Einstein's theory of relativity. That is what science does it finds a theory that explains what we see.Now God is not needed to explain anything in science (he was needed, up until a few hundred years ago), apart from the origin of the universe, the big bang, this is the most commonly used proof of God in science, however science stops where the universe ends, so the question of the creation of the universe is thus regarded as pointless (there are however scientific theories, but since they cannot be proven no-one really accepts them, these theories are such as the big bounce theorie or the theorie that the universe was created from a quantum fluctuation that caused virtual parts to become real in a chain reaction).Now the claim that we are too complex to come from randomness is one that has been made numerous times, however if you read for example 'the web of life', by Fritjof Capra, you can see a good explenation on the mechanisms that have created us. The whole hypothesis becomes much more convincing.However the theory of evolution, when we look at it logically, combined with the claim from science that laws of nature are universal brings us some scary implications.If laws of nature are universal, than a particle in your brain will not act different than a particle in a rock: every motion can be described in terms of formulas.This implicates that human behavious, can be described in terms of very complex formulas. And therefore that any free will, any intelligence, is caused by laws of nature, and therefore that free will and thought are simply illusions from these laws of nature.So we are nothing more than pure complexity, or in other words, we are nothing more than a complex rock. The illusion of thought will vanish when the processes in our mind stop.And this is exactly why Chrisitianity and Science cannot co-exist on a fundamental basis, they imply completely different things.Now for the prove of God, I have said in another topic that God is beyond our sight, and therefore we cannot disprove God, however it is possible to prove God.If a miracle would occur, which is impossible to explain through science, it would have to be an outside force, outside of reality, this still wouldn't tell us anything about the nature of this outside force, but it could be very likely a god,.

andrew

Apr 5, 2007
I don't think science and belief go together well.Last i looked,science caused the big hole we have in belief today in our society.The reason being,that science explained things they couldn't before,leaving no room for wonders anymore.

betchevy

Jan 7, 2007
Then you are not reading the Bible correctly... Read the study on the sin in the Garden and the ages of the earth... The you might think differently.. When I learned the whole truth of the Bible , science made more sense than it had before. Not evolution but Physics and natural sciences... EVer heard of string theory...Physics? its a theory of the existance of differing dimensions existing similtaneously in the same place.... Spirit World..Learn the truth of the Word and you may learn the truth of science too.

Hylke

Apr 3, 2007
(betchevy;8655)
Then you are not reading the Bible correctly... Read the study on the sin in the Garden and the ages of the earth... The you might think differently.. When I learned the whole truth of the Bible , science made more sense than it had before. Not evolution but Physics and natural sciences... EVer heard of string theory...Physics? its a theory of the existance of differing dimensions existing similtaneously in the same place.... Spirit World..Learn the truth of the Word and you may learn the truth of science too.
Nope sorry can't give you points for that, that's just an extreme new age interpretation of string theory. Yes string theory claims there are more dimensions than the ones we see. But this is not a spirit world or anything, I don't know where you got that, perhaps the word dimension confused you.These are not different worlds, no these are curled up dimensions, very, very hard to imagine, anyway, these dimensions, if stretched out, don't differ from our current 3, semi-flat ,dimensions. Furthermore string theory is a theory that has hardly any proof, it is an attempt to unify the quantum dynamics with general relativity, saying that this theory equals scientifically proven truth would be incorrect.And yes you could interpret the bible in a way that makes it look like it really is based on the scientific views of today, that's the case today, and that will be the case tomorrow no mather what discovery we make.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Are you serious New age theroy? NOT ALLOWED HERE if you read string theroy or new age teaching in something from ancient hebrew manuscripts then there are serious reading comprehension issues at work here.

Shingy

Mar 26, 2007
lol string theory. There is more evidence supporting a finite universe than the contrary. Now what have created a finite universe?

Hylke

Apr 3, 2007
(Shingy;9700)
lol string theory. There is more evidence supporting a finite universe than the contrary. Now what have created a finite universe?
A quantum fluctuation in the fabric of space-time continuüm, causing virtual particles to materialise :cool: No, science stops where our senses stop, or in other words, where the universe stops. We cannot see before the beginning of the universe, since there is no evidence of anything that happened before that.Oh and might I ad that the current view of general relativity implies that the universe is not infinite in mass, but infinite like a cirkle is infinite. Imagine a 3d-globe, on which a 2d creature (like super mario for example) is walking, this 2-dimensional creature will not see the curve in the third dimension, and will wonder why he is always coming back to his starting point, even though he is walking in a perfectly straight line. The universe is curved in the fourth dimension, even if we travel in a straight line, we will never ever meet an edge, we will always come back to our starting point.

jamesrage

Apr 30, 2007
(kriss;8409)
Does God Exist Scientifically?
I do not care if God exist scientifically.I do not need a scientist to reaffirm my belief in God.Using science to prove God exist would seem to defeat the whole faith principal.

SilentFlight

Aug 13, 2006
well i do not see why they are independently, i think science is a great subject i was biased when studying evolution albeit i cannot see why god couldnt have done it with animals around us as for the whole ape thing there seems to still be contraversy. ?Maybe God will be proved scientifically, when i heard of the planet that looked like earth i thought they may have found heaven but god is proven to many people already science proving it will mean people do not have to go through religion to find out about gods this maybe the taste to many people.

Tama

Jun 7, 2007
(SilentFlight;9971)
Maybe God will be proved scientifically, when i heard of the planet that looked like earth i thought they may have found heaven but god is proven to many people already science proving it will mean people do not have to go through religion to find out about gods this maybe the taste to many people.
God wants our FAITH. Our faith in Him is a choice to worship an Unseen God. We can't see Him, but look around, You will see works of His Hands all around you. If you believe in His existance - there will be an answer to every 'chain question' that follows...

andrew

Apr 5, 2007
Science cannot prove that god exists but it cannot prove he doesn't either.

What science can prove,is that the bible is wrong in many ways due to having proof that we are reading a book directly written by a bunch of people from the bronze age.

Even a 5th grader can prove them wrong with data gathered because we are way more sophisticated than we were 2000 years ago.

That does not mean that the bible be worthless at all.

In fact,the bible contains thousands of years of history of the jews.

The problem is,this information can be flawed because it was passed on from one person to another and the story could have changed.

Who knows exactly how big the fire at sodom and gamora.

Who knows how many people lived there.(most probably not that many because back then a city could have 100 people)

We can prove that creationism is wrong,because science can prove that the world is not flat and that the sun does not revolve around the earth,but instead it is the other way around.

We can also prove that the earth is older than 6000 years because of carbon dating which is a tool used to get precise data from a fossil from when it was and where.

Proving the existance of a god or the non existance is something beyond our capabilities,for all we know there may be a god.

I myself have always been somewhat spiritualistic in a way in believing in something out there and argue with my mother about it.

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
Everybody takes the wrong approach. The only "written evidence" we have about creation comes from the bible. Now all we have to do is determine if the bible is accurate.

If it is .... well then it is. And we have to accept what it says. Even when not everything is explained fully.

It can be proven , and has been proven that the bible is accurate. Every single word. Anyone who says otherwise is just bluffing , or voicing their emotional opinion. Emotional feelings or personal opinions are just that. They are not based on fact.

A good way to separate the factual folks from the opinion folks is to bet money on your position. That is a quick way to sort people out.

I have money and am willing to bet the bible is accurate. Everything else is just an opinion with no real value. If you are going to make a claim , be ready to back it up. I am.

Best regards

Martin W

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
God has already shown each one of us that He exists, even scientifically.

Rom 1:19-20
19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
20 For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
(KJV)

Heb 11:3
3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
(KJV)

One of the unchangeable laws of physics involving the material universe is that material matter cannot.... be created nor destroyed.

Matter can only change its state, like solid, gas, liquid, etc.

That immutable law of physics reveals that material matter did not create itself. That's what Hebrews 11:3 is saying. Matter did not spring from itself.

Evolution theories depend upon prexistence of material matter. All laws of physics depend upon the prexistence of material matter; without matter no study of physics could exist. Has anyone ever heard of science claiming to create material matter out of nothing? No. Science can't even create a little kernel of corn out of nothing.

That matter can only change its state reveals the origin for its existence outside itself. Scientists can hypothesize how old the material universe is, but when they do that, they indirectly admit an outside Source different than matter for its existence. They just don't realize they're admitting the idea of 'creation' by an outside Source. That outside Source we who believe call The Creator.

When evolutionist Richard Dawkins was cornered as to how life got started on planet earth, he proposed aliens being behind it (see 'No Intelligence Allowed' documentary by Stein). Make no mistake, when it comes down to where the rubber meets the road, evolution theory is a faith-based system also.