Does God love, or hate unbelievers?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I met him in my mess and I realized just how much he loved me. Before I was a Christian I met him and felt his love for me. I think he loves all of us. Believers and non believers alike.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Does God love, or hate unbelievers?"

A better question might be, does God love those He will burn in "the everlasting fire" "forever and ever"?
Matthew 25
41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:
Revelation 20
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Reactions: Scott Downey

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 5:43-48:

“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? If you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? Therefore, you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

According to Jesus, God shows His love for the πονηροὺς ("poneros", one who is evil) and the ἀδίκους ("adikos", one who is unrighteous and not justified before God) with good gifts. And He instructs us to go and do likewise.

Not to mention that He loved us and died for us while we were still sinners. :)

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I met him in my mess and I realized just how much he loved me. Before I was a Christian I met him and felt his love for me. I think he loves all of us. Believers and non believers alike.
Agreed brother, and it is NOT His will that ANY should perish, He does not take pleasure either, in the destruction of the wicked.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not the question though, Jack.
Yeah it's a tough one that is usually avoided!

Proverbs 16
4 The LORD has made all for Himself, Yes, even the wicked for the day of doom.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is good.
He is GOOD indeed and He also burns people in Hell "forever and ever".

Matthew 25
41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:
Revelation 20
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Last edited:

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

I don't think he actually hates them, but scripture makes it quite clear that they're not his kind of people..:)-
"dogs, pigs" (Matthew 7:6)
"weeds" (Matthew 13:38 )
"brute beasts" (2 Peter 2:12)
"heathens" (Jeremiah 10:2)
"fools" (Psalms 94:8 )
"liars" (1 John 2:22-23)
"defiled, impure" (Titus 1:15)
"filthy" (Revelation 22:11)
"Evildoers...They return at evening: they make a noise like a dog, and go round about the city.." (Psalms 59:6)

Right Lassie?
lassie.jpg

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Every christian started off as an unbeliever. God had the world in mind when he sent his son to die on the cross - so that whoever then, believes in him will not die without him but will live with him for eternity. :Amen:

Reactions: Mantis and Lambano

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Matthew 7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Thank you because I’ve never noticed “give not that which is holy to the dogs” there. What is “that which is holy” don’t give it to dogs? The children’s bread?
Mark 7:25-28 For a certain woman, whose young daughter had an unclean spirit, heard of him, and came and fell at his feet: [26] The woman was a Greek, a Syrophenician by nation; and she besought him that he would cast forth the devil out of her daughter. [27] But Jesus said unto her, Let the children first be filled: for it is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it unto the dogs. [28] And she answered and said unto him, Yes, Lord: yet the dogs under the table eat off the children's crumbs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dropship

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
don't think he actually hates them, but scripture makes it quite clear that they're not his kind of people..:)-

To me…just an opinion…to me it is not so clear that they are not his kind of people: those that are sick and need a physician. Consider all those sick that came to him …movies remake these sick coming to him making us weep at “wow” same as; he chose not the high and mighty that didn’t need a physician as his group of disciples but the underdogs: fishermen and even a tax collector! Makes good movies, warms our hearts, what is his kind of people?
Mark 2:16-17 And when the scribes and Pharisees saw him eat with publicans and sinners, they said unto his disciples, How is it that he eats and drinks with publicans and sinners? [17] When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

All opinions though but what confuses me
Is what we find admirable about him
Becomes debated as not admirable
A Hero who fights for the underdog…does He? I mean full blown make you rejoice: Yes Lord, even so the dogs under the table eat the crumbs that fall from the Masters table.

Last edited:

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not a matter of love or hate towards unbelievers. The agape love of God is equal to all, in that He provided the only way whereby everyone now has equal opportunity to escape eternal death, by answering His call for us to believe in His Sacrifice for us, who is Jesus, the Lamb OF God.
However, for everyone who does not receive Jesus as their Savior, while they still have breath, they will be left to their own demise of being relegated as "none of his". Romans 8:8-9.

Reactions: Pearl

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not a matter of love or hate towards unbelievers. The agape love of God is equal to all, in that He provided the only way whereby everyone now has equal opportunity to escape eternal death, by answering His call for us to believe in His Sacrifice for us, who is Jesus, the Lamb OF God.
However, for everyone who does not receive Jesus as their Savior, while they still have breath, they will be left to their own demise of being relegated as "none of his". Romans 8:8-9.

I don’t think so. My mother does not believe. Her Being 91 ..I can’t preach at her now because too wordy long speeches she has no ability to comprehend. Now every day she tells she waits to die and cease to be. Others here would have a hard time convincing me that my mother doesn’t have Fruit. Even though she spits, growls, wont own a thing she has ever done wrong…because through her unbelief I’ve obtained mercy. My sister and I have learned and been taught: patience, long-suffering, forgiveness, grace and mercy. My mother is hard as grizzle but to me the Lord says through her unbelief, I have obtained what she cries as never having or knowing fully that she needs which is mercy. I think my mother has Fruit and doesn’t even know it. It is her daughters …the other day my mother was angry and said “I have no purpose”…I said “sure you do. You have given your daughters an opportunity to bear kindness and care and nurture of their mother.” I don’t think my mother liked her purpose, is us. She did that eye rolling thing and sound of uninterested she does as if that isn’t enough. I wanted to say “wait and see.” But there it is…I think that is her purpose “through unbelief” that her daughters obtain “mercy” which hopefully God has taught us to give…

Last edited:
Reactions: Lambano

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
My sister and I have learned and been taught: patience, long-suffering, forgiveness, grace and mercy.

You can be taught all these things but only the Holy Spirit can bring them to fruition; and he can only do that from within us. And to have the Holy Spirit indwell us we must have a personal relationship with Jesus.