Does God Love Sinners?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lesjude

May 8, 2012
Central New York State
KingJ said:
''Jacob I have loved, but Esau I have hated''' AND James 2 (partiality IS A SIN), Acts 10:34 (God's impartiality is a truth you NEED to perceive!!) and Rom 2:11.

As all calvinists do, you down-play James 2 and miss scripture stating it is a sin to be partial :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:. Scripture cannot be clearer! Do you know the dictionary definition of ''partial''?

Show me a scripture that literally says God is partial. You need to supply that as I have supplied scripture that literally says God is not and that it is a sin. We know the story of Esau and Jacob and can understand how God would come to that conclusion.

Ugh, actually I am done. Partiality in any form = satanism. Impartiality = Christianity.

Acts 10:34 ''Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons'':

Lesjude I pray you perceive it too, before you lose your faith.
The context of Romans 2:11 is the punishment of sinners and the reward of the righteous. All will be punished whether under law or not. Those who are elect will be rewarded.
The "story" of Esau and Jacob is exactly the pattern for God choosing His elect saints before time began: Romans 9:11-13

New King James Version (NKJV)

11 (for the children
not yet being born, nor having done any good or evil, that the purpose
of God according to election might stand, not of works but of Him who
calls),
12 it was said to her, “The older shall serve the younger.”[a] 13 As it is written, “Jacob I have loved, but Esau I have hated.”[b]

In Acts 10:34 Peter is only referring to impartiality in the sense that the same salvation through Christ he thought was only for Jews is now for gentiles as well. He is NOT saying God is no respecter of persons meaning all gentiles are elect and will be saved.

God is impartial to all but ONLY in this sense:

Matthew 5:45

45 that
you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on
the evil and on the good
, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.

AND

Job 21:7-15

7 Why do the wicked live and become old,
Yes, become mighty in power?
8 Their descendants are established with them in their sight,
And their offspring before their eyes.
9 Their houses are safe from fear,
Neither is the rod of God upon them.
10 Their bull breeds without failure;
Their cow calves without miscarriage.
11 They send forth their little ones like a flock,
And their children dance.
12 They sing to the tambourine and harp,
And rejoice to the sound of the flute.
13 They spend their days in wealth,
And in a moment go down to the grave.[a]
14 Yet they say to God, ‘Depart from us,
For we do not desire the knowledge of Your ways.
15 Who is the Almighty, that we should serve Him?
And what profit do we have if we pray to Him?’

AND

Acts 14:17

17 Nevertheless
He did not leave Himself without witness, in that He did good, gave us
rain from heaven and fruitful seasons, filling our hearts with food and
gladness.”

Our example is the ministry of Jesus:
Jesus healed ALL who came to Him sinners or not. Jesus was SENT to a man by the Holy Spirit one who was seeking healing from demonic sources; Jesus healed him, told him to sin no more, and that is the first thing he did John 5:1-15. However there were many others at the pool that Jesus did not heal.
Disciples are to minister the same without partiality Matthew 10:7-8 and Mark 16:17-18 unless the Holy Spirit directs otherwise Acts 16:6, Luke 9:53, Luke 23:8-9, Luke 10:10-11 AND Luke 4:25-27

25 But
I tell you truly, many widows were in Israel in the days of Elijah,
when the heaven was shut up three years and six months, and there was a
great famine throughout all the land; 26 but to none of them was Elijah sent except to Zarephath,[a]in the region of Sidon, to a woman who was a widow. 27 And many lepers were in Israel in the time of Elisha the prophet, and none of them was cleansed except Naaman the Syrian.”

Please note that only the Holy Spirit can direct ministry to make it effective and when He does it is partial just as it was for Jesus. If not saints become a bunch of do gooders wasting time and resources.One clear directive for saints is in James 2. However God is NOT bound by that. He knows who the elect are and directs ministry by the Spirit not the values of people which is what James 2 means. The Bible clearly says not many rich will be saved and often they are oppressors. However it is ONLY God's business as to who is elect among both the poor and the rich. We are to minister to all as directed by the Holy Spirit.

aspen2 said:
actually Essua and His descendents ended up recieving many blessings from God. Just because his earthly father only had one blessing doesn't mean his father in heaven only has one blessing.
However here is God's clear opinion of ALL that do as he did:
Hebrews 12:16

16 lest there be any fornicator or profane person like Esau, who for one morsel of food sold his birthright.
One of His descendents was a participant in the murder of Christ, Herod.

williemac said:
We need to get out of our heads and get into our hearts, and especially into God's heart. The God Whom I know, love, and Who loves Me, loves sinners. What is the fruit of the Spirit? ...Love. Are we expected to love only those who are lovable? God loves, not because the person is lovable, but because God IS love. Love does because love is.
Please give one scripture that anyone in the NT including Jesus EVER stated to sinners that God loved them.

We are to do for ALL just as Jesus did in His ministry as the Holy Spirit directs. Matthew 10:7-8, Mark 16:17-18, but here is the balance: John 5:1-15 note only one healed, Luke 4:25-27, Luke 10:9-11, Luke 23:8-9, Luke 23:8-9, Acts 16:6-7

Here is the way God loves all including sinners. Matthew 5:45 and Acts 14:17. He also preserves sinners lives in their sins. The love God has for His elect saints is VERY different because we are given ALL as heirs and joint heirs with Christ.

What the message of the church has become is God loves sinners not the NT message that they are under the wrath of God, need to repent or suffer eternity in hell; and what they are being told may be their only chance to repent. No where in the Bible will you ever find anyone pleading, begging, or using psychology to convince people to repent. The result is all to often man giving the increase or adding to the church not God.