Does God need man?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ve never said that God is the problem. I’ve agreed that God is not the problem; man is.

You were saying earlier that God created evil and God allows evil.

If God created evil, them He's a liar according to James 1:13

The only purpose for evil to exist is to separate from the Lord those that choose to serve the devil instead of the Lord.

In Luke 12:51, Jesus said He came to bring division which is to separate those that are servants of satan from the Lord.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
You were saying earlier that God created evil and God allows evil.

If God created evil, them He's a liar according to James 1:13

The fact that God doesn’t tempt anyone doesn’t preclude the fact that evil exists, God allows it to exist, and it exists for a divine purpose.

The tree of the knowledge of good and evil was placed in the garden by God - not by man, nor by Satan.

The only purpose for evil to exist is to separate from the Lord those that choose to serve the devil instead of the Lord.

In Luke 12:51, Jesus said He came to bring division which is to separate those that are servants of satan from the Lord.

The point about purpose, but I don’t think it’s the only reason for the existence of evil.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fact that God doesn’t tempt anyone doesn’t preclude the fact that evil exists, God allows it to exist, and it exists for a divine purpose.

The tree of the knowledge of good and evil was placed in the garden by God - not by man, nor by Satan.

Man is the one allowing evil, not God.

God instructed man to NOT eat of the tree... man disobeyed and cause his own problems.

The point about purpose, but I don’t think it’s the only reason for the existence of evil.

Those that accuse the Lord of being evil sure put a big evil smile on satan's face!
devil_smiley1.gif

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is there not such a thing as undeserved suffering?

You mean God causing evil to come upon people for no reason because He enjoys making people suffer since He gets board sometimes like most Christians believe?

Er, no...

Sure the devil attacks us, but thru Jesus we have the power to put him in his place and run him off!

James 4:7

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Therein lies the problem... that people cause to come upon themselves due to not submitting their entire lives unto the Lord.

Lack of submission provides an open door to the devil to have the legal right to tear up someone's life which is what we saw happen in Job's situation.

If God didn’t allow it, it wouldn’t exist.

Those that accuse the Lord of being evil sure put a big evil smile on satan's face!
devil_animated1.gif
By believing God is the ultimate reason for evil existing.... you have an open door to satan in your life.

If I were you, I'd repent and ask the Lord to forgive you of accusing Him of wrong doing.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
You mean God causing evil to come upon people for no reason because He enjoys making people suffer since He gets board sometimes like most Christians believe?

No. That’s not what I mean by “undeserved suffering”.

Er, no...

Sure the devil attacks us, but thru Jesus we have the power to put him in his place and run him off!

James 4:7

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Therein lies the problem... that people cause to come upon themselves due to not submitting their entire lives unto the Lord.

Lack of submission provides an open door to the devil to have the legal right to tear up someone's life which is what we saw happen in Job's situation.

View attachment 40094
By believing God is the ultimate reason for evil existing.... you have an open door to satan in your life.

If I were you, I'd repent and ask the Lord to forgive you of accusing Him of wrong doing.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God created man (and everything else) for a purpose.

Using our God-given reasoning ability -> God needs for man to exist in order for there to be man to worship him. God created what was needed for his ends.

Got it.

So no supporting scripture. Just your reasoning.

That’s what I thought.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
“I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.”

(Isaiah 45:7, KJV)

Where are the KJVO people when you need them?

“Bad translation” say some in regard to this particular verse, not necessarily the entire KJV.

Possible? Possible. (Though I never in a million years would have even entertained it when I was KJVO.)

I think the verse as rendered in KJV is fine. Another member of the Board thinks it’s accusing God. I don’t believe for a second that it’s accusing God and causing Satan to smile. (What an accusation to make against the translator’s who produced KJV! I reject that notion.)

Even so, let’s look at another rendering of the verse using a popular modern translation.

”I form the light and create darkness; I make well-being and create calamity; I am the LORD, who does all these things.”

(Isaiah 45:7, ESV)

So here, in place of “evil,” we have “calamity”.

Does calamity = evil?

Whether it does or not, it ties in with the tree of the knowledge of good and evil (or calamity) in the Garden of Eden.

Calamity (or evil) is connected with the decision of God, to create man with free will.

Free will is created by God. It inherently carries with it the potential to choose good and the potential to choose calamity (or evil).

God did that.

It’s not that God is running wild committing acts of evil (or calamity). Perish the thought!

It is that man is running wild committing acts of evil (or calamity) in the exercise of his free will.

Accusing God? No. Understanding what God has done, what man is doing, what God is allowing, and wrestling with why.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Got it.

So no supporting scripture. Just your reasoning.

That’s what I thought.

Do you really not recognize “God created man (and everything else)“ as an allusion to scripture?

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you really not recognize “God created man (and everything else)“ as an allusion to scripture?

Don’t be obtuse. Where is your scriptural support stating that God needs you, or anything at all.

Do you think God is lacking?

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
“How long, O LORD, will I call for help and you will not hear? I cry out to you ‘Violence!’ yet you do not save. Why …”

(Habakkuk 1:2ff.)

Hester panim?

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You say God is man, while scripture states God is not a man. That’ a glaring contradiction.
Yes,however,if you learn to read scripture and the spirit within God's words,because Jesus and other passages tell us God was the Christ,rather than laughing to disguise what you refuse to accept,you'll correct what you think is contradiction. And realize what is being said in, Numbers 23. :)

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God created man (and everything else) for a purpose.

Using our God-given reasoning ability -> God needs for man to exist in order for there to be man to worship him. God created what was needed for his ends.
That implies God is a vain narcissist.