Does it concern you that gospels were written so many years after Jesus died?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

saintiaint

Mar 4, 2021
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
[QUOTE="Michiah-Imla, post: 978015, member: 9

@saintiaint replied:

It's the word of men who were possibly spiritually inspired. I'm not sure. And maybe some were inspired more than others. They were different authors who used different writing strategies to get the readers attention... Often fictional narratives were the best way to capture our attention. But did they actually occur? Some did. Some didn't

Well, that says it all.[/QUOTE]
Yes it says I'm not a literal Bible Christian like you.

Last edited:

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Profound perhaps.
I will doubt both.
If you doubt your faith, you may never muster enough of the right actions to increase your faith, so that when the darts of the evil ones try to take you away from your Lord, you will not have the armor/faith to withstand those darts and you will not be saved in the kingdom of God.

Make wise choices.

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

saintiaint

Mar 4, 2021
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If you doubt your faith, you may never muster enough of the right actions to increase your faith, so that when the darts of the evil ones try to take you away from your Lord, you will not have the armor/faith to withstand those darts and you will not be saved in the kingdom of God.

Make wise choices.
I am prepared to admit you might be making a valid point. But that just goes to show how humble I am. :)

Last edited:

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You cant honestly say that because you don't know. You weren't there.
From the forum rules:

"[*]Blasphemy will not be tolerated. This forum is intended for a Christian audience. Those who are not of the Christian faith are welcome to sign up but will be relegated to private forum discussion with staff members only. Any derogatory remarks about God (including the Son and Holy Spirit) will be removed. The same goes for remarks about Christianity. Do not hold the Bible to be the Word of God? We are not interested, then."

Reactions: kcnalp

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am of the Christian faith. I worship Jesus. Not a book.
Truncating the rule to justify your attitude. That's not weak or humorous. Wait. Yeah, it is.

Jesus is the Word made flesh. If you don't believe the Bible is truly the Word of God, you're in direct violation, and I think you'll find it's very unwelcome here. Your "doubts" aren't fooling anyone.

saintiaint

Mar 4, 2021
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Truncating the rule to justify your attitude. That's not weak or humorous. Wait. Yeah, it is.

Jesus is the Word made flesh. If you don't believe the Bible is truly the Word of God, you're in direct violation, and I think you'll find it's very unwelcome here. Your "doubts" aren't fooling anyone.
Thanks for the unwelcome. You usually impersonate moderators or are you feeling especially authoritarian today?

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for the unwelcome. You usually impersonate moderators or are you feeling especially authoritarian today?
No problem. The rules are the rules. I'm no mod. Lucky for you.

Just thought I ought to look you virtually in the eye and tell you I know what you're up to and you ought to be ashamed.

Reactions: Wrangler

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lived and died.
I think Paul's letters were written before the gospels.
John was written about 70 years after Jesus death?
It bothers me. How can the events described in the gospel be totally accurate.
Are we all just too gullible?
Long? Not long at all by most standards. How often are history books written immediately following the events of history that they record?

saintiaint

Mar 4, 2021
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Just thought I ought to look you virtually in the eye and tell you I know what you're up to and you ought to be ashamed.
Just thought I ought to look you in the eye , Mr John Wayne, and tell you you are barking up the wrong tree. Ok pilgrim?

saintiaint

Mar 4, 2021
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We should wait another 70 years to write about covid then.
Logically speaking of course.